PDA

View Full Version : Reese gets the nod as starter at CSU

CSUBUCDAD
August 8th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Just announced on the sports, Tribble Reese has been named the starter today by Coach Mills. He said that during the first 9 practices he has clearly separated himself from Tascono and Gilmore. Looks like the passing game just became a huge threat with the receiving corp that the Bucs have this year.

This is kind of interesting since the article in this mornings Post and Courier clearly stated the Gilmore and Tascono were in a heated battle. Guess that was written a couple of days ago.

Anywho, Buc fans oughta be getting real pumped about the season with this announcement today.

Oh, and Citdog, before you have some smartass remark, shut the hell upxnonox

Libertine
August 8th, 2008, 06:34 PM
I just read that article and it somehow happens to have been written by one your former SIDs. The level of homerism in there is unreal. That Shelton guy makes Coulson look Appy-phobic.

SuperJon
August 8th, 2008, 06:39 PM
I just read that article and I'm impressed. The level of homerism in that "news item" iis unbelieavable. I guess that's to expected when the reporter that wrote it is a former CSU SID though. Shelton makes Coulson look downright Appy-phobic.

SuperJon
August 8th, 2008, 06:39 PM
I just read that article and I'm impressed. The level of homerism in that "news item" is unbelievable. It looks like it was lifted directly from your media guide. I guess that's to expected when the reporter that wrote it is a former CSU SID though. Shelton makes Coulson look downright Appy-phobic.

citdog
August 8th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Just announced on the sports, Tribble Reese has been named the starter today by Coach Mills. He said that during the first 9 practices he has clearly separated himself from Tascono and Gilmore. Looks like the passing game just became a huge threat with the receiving corp that the Bucs have this year.

This is kind of interesting since the article in this mornings Post and Courier clearly stated the Gilmore and Tascono were in a heated battle. Guess that was written a couple of days ago.

Anywho, Buc fans oughta be getting real pumped about the season with this announcement today.

Oh, and Citdog, before you have some smartass remark, shut the hell upxnonox

play that "second fiddle"!

it's CORPS you ignorant wretch

CSUBUCDAD
August 9th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Here is what Ken Burger has to say about Reese in todays PC:

Reese earns starting job at CSU
By Ken Burger
The Post and Courier
Saturday, August 9, 2008

Sometimes you're in the wrong place at the wrong time.

No matter what you did in high school or how good you think you are, when you get to college there's almost always somebody better.

Tribble Reese found that out during four years of sitting on the bench at Clemson watching guys like Charlie Whitehurst, Will Proctor and Cullen Harper take snaps ahead of him....

http://charleston.net/news/2008/aug/09/reese_earns_starting_job_at_csu50340/

ATrain
August 9th, 2008, 11:09 AM
xboringx

BJuice
August 9th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Great news!!! I can't wait to see Reese in action. He should have a great time pitching the ball all over the field to our talented receivers.

citdog
August 9th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Great news!!! I can't wait to see Reese in action. we should be able to steal more wins than larry parrish did our faculty's and citizens money!

good to know!

IaaScribe
August 9th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Nothing against David Shelton, but it's embarrassing as a newspaper when your beat writer for a team is a former university employee.

SuperJon
August 9th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Nothing against David Shelton, but it's embarrassing as a newspaper when your beat writer for a team is a former university employee.

Hey, not everyone can be one of the top FCS writers in the country like you.

BJuice
August 10th, 2008, 12:14 AM
good to know!

Before you try your hand at humor and misquote somebody you might want to try to get your facts straight. His name is Al Parish and he is in prison where he belongs. You got the first name completely wrong and the last name spelled incorrectly.

I guess they forgot to teach you the practice of researching facts there at the old military school in Charleston. Instead they teach you how to dress, what to wear, how to square your meals and your corners, and how to shave your head.

SuperJon
August 10th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Seems like not everyone at CSU is happy with this:

Color me unimpressed. Reese may be a fine young man but it bothers me that he could beat out the two QBs who went through spring practice in the space of a week, simply by throwing the ball for the first time in front of the coaches. That means that our current QBs weren't getting the job done and if Reese gets hurt as our guys are wont to do then we are up chanticleer creek without a paddle or nose plugs.

He makes a good point.

BJuice
August 10th, 2008, 08:46 AM
I think it was more the talent of a Div-1A (FBS) QB that has spent years in a top level program rising to the top over two Div-1AA (FCS) QB's.

Even though Reese has not seen the field much, he has the experience of training and practicing with football players much more talented than he will see from ANY of the teams on the Buccaneer's schedule this year.

The fact that he rose to the top so quick does not bother me at all. In fact, it makes me pretty happy.

CSU Girl
August 11th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Obviously Reese wanted it more than Tascano and Gilmore. Plus Gilmore is young, he will have his time he also needs to be more aggresive, I have seen him practice he needs to hussle more. Does anyone know if Tascano was redshirted his frosh year? Will he still have another year left after this or no?