PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh Opens Camp Today

ngineer
August 8th, 2008, 10:02 AM
The Mountain Hawks open camp today with the freshman coming in first for a morning session, followed by an afternoon session with the upper classmen. Weather is actually 'too good' for football camp. A nice 'cool' day in the upper 70's..at the most making 80 today and tomorrow. But the heat is expected to return by early next week.

For the next two weeks, all eyes will be on the QB competition. I would suspect that Coen will want to have his #1 selected by August 24--the last day of two-a- days, as classes begin on 8/25.

For the week, practices will be held on the athletic fields usually used for soccer next to Goodman Stadium as the Philadelphia Eagles will still be using the Whitehead Practice Fields by the Fieldhouse.

It's finally here!xthumbsupx

Franks Tanks
August 8th, 2008, 10:17 AM
The Mountain Hawks open camp today with the freshman coming in first for a morning session, followed by an afternoon session with the upper classmen. Weather is actually 'too good' for football camp. A nice 'cool' day in the upper 70's..at the most making 80 today and tomorrow. But the heat is expected to return by early next week.

For the next two weeks, all eyes will be on the QB competition. I would suspect that Coen will want to have his #1 selected by August 24--the last day of two-a- days, as classes begin on 8/25.

For the week, practices will be held on the athletic fields usually used for soccer next to Goodman Stadium as the Philadelphia Eagles will still be using the Whitehead Practice Fields by the Fieldhouse.

It's finally here!xthumbsupx

Poor Bastards-- of course now they cant even have double sessions on consecutive days, what is that. Back in my day we had double session for 2 weeks straight. xbawlingx

ngineer
August 8th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Poor Bastards-- of course now they cant even have double sessions on consecutive days, what is that. Back in my day we had double session for 2 weeks straight. xbawlingx

Tell me about it. Of course, I lost 11 pounds that first week..(and I didn't have a lot to lose). Which is probably why they have restricted the workouts due to concerns over heat prostration. To us 'old farts' it sounds like their being woosies, but upon reflection, it probably isn't such a bad idea. There are some coaches out there who are plain nuts.xcoolx

Doc QB
August 8th, 2008, 10:43 AM
When did it become illegal for two a days consecutively? Am I that old (circa 91-94)? But, I think the worst part was the 7-10 pm offense and QB meetings at night...

carney2
August 8th, 2008, 11:21 AM
When did it become illegal for two a days consecutively? Am I that old (circa 91-94)? But, I think the worst part was the 7-10 pm offense and QB meetings at night...

I don't know "when," but Frank's is absolutely correct. Lafayette's Frank Tavani passed that info as well as some other preseason practice info along to the alumni earlier this week.

Franks Tanks
August 8th, 2008, 11:56 AM

I believe that rule went into effect in 2003--the very year after I was done.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 8th, 2008, 12:50 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2008/08/preseason-camp-has-started.html

Tomorrow, Lehigh will start with split squad practices for the first few days, followed by the first "two-a-days" in full pads starting next week up through August 24th (one day before classes begin). This year, they will have a tiny bit of overlap with Eagles camp - the Big Birds break camp on August 12th, while full two-a-days start a couple of days later for the 'Hawks.

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

You'll forgive me if I admit I've got a bit of a nervous twitch after the number of injuries we had in camp last year... just hoping for a healthy preseason... xeekx

ngineer
August 8th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I believe that rule went into effect in 2003--the very year after I was done.

Well, my years of sweat pre-date yours by only 30...xnodx

Pard94
August 11th, 2008, 09:23 AM

Oh man are you right about that Doc. The only thing you want to do from 7:00-10:00 during camp is slip into a catatonic state for the 10 hours. Maybe curl up in the fetal position for some soft crying as you reconsider every major decision you have made over the prior year of your life. Rehashing the hellatious day you have just completed with the coaches ias bout as welcome as root canal at that point. Ahh...memories.

yorkcountyUNHfan
August 11th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Oh man are you right about that Doc. The only thing you want to do from 7:00-10:00 during camp is slip into a catatonic state for the 10 hours. Maybe curl up in the fetal position for some soft crying as you reconsider every major decision you have made over the prior year of your life. Rehashing the hellatious day you have just completed with the coaches ias bout as welcome as root canal at that point. Ahh...memories.

Weare, NH!!??!!

Any plans to make a trip to Durham this fall?

Pard94
August 12th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Weare, NH!!??!!

Any plans to make a trip to Durham this fall?

Yes actually. I just started working in Exeter so I am getting to know the Seacoast area a little better. I would definately like to make it out to Durham for a game or two this year.

Doc QB
August 12th, 2008, 10:09 AM

Root canal was probably preferable to those dark meetings watching you ovethrow wideouts, miss reads/blitzes, get hit (no red shirts on our backs for protection), and get ready to do it all over again in am...sadly, I'd love another try now that I am closer to forty than thirty.