PDA

View Full Version : Live Internet Video for Your School...

AppStFan76
August 7th, 2008, 12:20 PM
How many schools are doing a web-cast of home games?

Let us know if your school offers it and the cost.

It looks like App will be charging for their audio feed as well this yearxoopsx

Also curious if JMU has this available, and if so will it be available for the App game and what is the cost?

TexasTerror
August 7th, 2008, 12:31 PM
AppSt is probably doing a free audio feed with video costing, unless they are saying something different. That's how SHSU does it and we're with JumpTV as well.

You won't find the price much different for any JumpTV school. It's either monthly or yearly passes.

Best part of JumpTV is any opposing school that has JumpTV can share with your school (though some schools won't -- I can name one...). Hence, your game against JMU is going to be available on GoASU.com for FREE if you already subscribe to the AppSt feed.

AppSt, any other questions about how JumpTV works -- let me know.

bodoyle
August 7th, 2008, 12:41 PM
CCU has streaming video for all home games.

Cost per game is $4.95 I beleive.
Fall Subscription is: $54.95
I purchase the annual one for $79.95 and watch well over 100 events.

We finally got rid of broadcastmonsters.com and went to JumpTV this year. I look forward to it.

JoshUCA
August 7th, 2008, 12:47 PM
UCA needs to move up in this category...we offer free audio streams, but no video feed. xbawlingx

TheValleyRaider
August 7th, 2008, 12:50 PM
All Colgate home games broadcast online. We use the feed from TimeWarner 26

It's $10 a month, and it gets you video of every Colgate sport (well, at least every one we have a camera on), plus archives, except League games for basketball. Those are handled through the PL's website. $10 a month, $80 for the full year, but still no individual game package if visiting fans want the video

catbob
August 7th, 2008, 01:39 PM
www.bigskytv.org

Good luck...

SeattleGriz
August 7th, 2008, 03:23 PM
www.bigskytv.org (http://www.bigskytv.org)

Good luck...

I understand your frustrations catbob, but I have not had any issues with bigskytv. Having a cable connection prevents dropping the feed.

The only problem I have seen so far is that the Universities give bigskytv crappy audio and video feeds. The U of M seems to be one of the worst. As the old saying goes, "crap in, crap out". So if your Bobcat games are of poor quality, you should find out who is providing the feed from MSU to bigskytv and rip them.

furman94
August 7th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Furman has Furman All Access, you register for free to get free audio, and buy a package for video, highlights, past games, coaches shows, etc.

Furman All-Access

Furman All-Access returns for a second season with a significant increase in content for 2008-09.

In 2008-09, Furman All Access will feature:

Live game audio and video broadcasts for most home contests in football, men's soccer, women's soccer, volleyball, men's basketball, women's basketball, baseball, and softball.
Pre-season preview videos for Furman athletics teams
Weekly Furman Athletics recaps featuring highlights and previewing upcoming contests
Exclusive Online presentations of Inside Furman Football and the Jeff Jackson Show
Additional highlight videos, student-athlete features, and much more

All Access is available for only $7.95 per month or $59.95 per year. All preseason content through August 27 will be available free of charge, however all viewers must set up an account before viewing any content.

appfan2008
August 7th, 2008, 03:55 PM
asu's radio has been free in the past...

TexasTerror
August 7th, 2008, 04:00 PM
asu's radio has been free in the past...

And it will be free in the future...your AD would be making a mistake if they did not make it free. Every other site I know with JumpTV makes their audio free...

furman94
August 7th, 2008, 04:04 PM
That wuld suck! Can't you listen on the radio carrier website?

AppStFan76
August 7th, 2008, 06:33 PM
That wuld suck! Can't you listen on the radio carrier website?

radio carrier just has a link to goasu.com

AppStFan76
August 7th, 2008, 06:37 PM
And it will be free in the future...your AD would be making a mistake if they did not make it free. Every other site I know with JumpTV makes their audio free...

You may be correct, but the site obviously requires you to register before downloading/connecting to the audio.

http://www.nmnathletics.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?&&&DB_OEM_ID=21500

Hope you are right...

I guess it doesnt matter I was planning on subscribing anyway. But would like to get the JMU game!!

jmc_jackrabbit
August 7th, 2008, 07:44 PM
SDSU uses JumpTV.

Audio only: $4.95 a month
Video: $9.95 a month or $99 a year

That includes football, men's and women's basketball, baseball and women's volleyball.

TexasTerror
August 7th, 2008, 08:26 PM
You may be correct, but the site obviously requires you to register before downloading/connecting to the audio.

Of course they do. JumpTV wants your e-mail address so they can promote the photo store, auctions, etc. They get a nice break of the $$$ that comes in and wants you to spend money at GoASU.com!

http://www.nmnathletics.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?&&&DB_OEM_ID=21500

I guess it doesnt matter I was planning on subscribing anyway. But would like to get the JMU game!!

If JMU has JumpTV and AppSt does too -- they are going to share. Conference schools share with other conference schools. They're probably required to do so...

SDFS
August 7th, 2008, 08:53 PM
UND uses Jump TV

Annual - $59.95
Monthly - 9.95
24-hour pass - 5.95
audio - free - you just need to register.

I have enjoyed the service over the past year.

UND also has FSSN - Fighting Sioux Sports Network
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_Sioux_Sports_Network

bobbythekidd
August 7th, 2008, 08:59 PM
asu's radio has been free in the past...If they charged a dime for an audio feed it would be over priced. It was so bad last year, I had to listen to the Michigan feed just so I would know what was happening. I really hope they can get a better feed.