PDA

View Full Version : Nicholls -- May Do Unexpected Or Is It Expected?

TexasTerror
August 6th, 2008, 07:52 PM
I know there are a few that always overlook the team in Thibodaux, but this guy does bring up a good point. There's no reason IMO, to think that they are going to be any worse than last year.

We all focus on UCA and McNeese -- but the Kats do have to go to the southern side of the SLC's Cajun Corner and face Nicholls. That is one we may as well circle on our calendar now before it gets too late. Other teams need to take note as well in addition to SHSU. That's no easy out, home or away.

If I did not have a commitment in New Orleans, I'd be down in Thibodaux -- though I will be there in December. It's just a game that is going to have some big implications on it.

What amuses me is the Bobcat fans tend to dog Nicholls State whenever given a chance, yet they have lost 6 of 7 to the bunch. Throw in Bailiff's loss when he took over at Rice -- they just can't figure them out.

If we exam the 2007 season, Nicholls should have secured a place in the Football Championship Subdivision playoffs.

After a 5-1 start, the Colonels limped to a 1-4 finish losing three of those games by a total of 14 points. A play here or a play there and Nicholls is 9-2 and in the postseason.

Whether it was the defensive meltdown against Central Arkansas or the missed field goals against Sam Houston State and Southeastern Louisiana, Nicholls didn’t make the plays down the stretch.

http://www.houmatoday.com/article/20080806/ARTICLES/808060305/-1/opinion&title=Colonels_may_do_the_unexpected

griz&beer
August 6th, 2008, 07:58 PM
I have been to a game in Thibodaux. 2005 MSU game Nice croud.

JohnStOnge
August 6th, 2008, 08:11 PM
The thing that stuck out to me is a 240 pound fullback in the option offense who is only 5'9". That's pretty stocky.

JoshUCA
August 6th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I have all the respect for Nicholls...they gave us all we could handle last year in Conway for our Homecoming game. To be honest, I am not looking forward to the return trip this season!

Hood
August 7th, 2008, 06:15 AM
To be honest, I'm excited for this season.

We have a legit shot of going into conference 2-2 or 3-1 with the potential of a FBS upset, a D-II victory, and overcoming against UNI.

Parity is *very* much in play in the SLC: even McNeese is beatable.

That said, neither Nicholls, nor any other team in the SLC can rest on their laurels. You have to have your guys ready to play *every* Saturday. I'm excited as I've said before.

I've heard some rumblings from people that know people, etc... and well I am very intrigued.