PDA

View Full Version : LETS MOVE ON

ab4app
August 5th, 2008, 06:01 PM
It should be made a law that from this day forward there will be no more mention of Michigan from any app fan. And obviously I am an app fan. We have been xrulesx beating a dead horse for almost a year now, Lets move on. It was great but everybody besides us stopped caring a while ago. Our team this year has done nothing to gain anyones respect, yet... I dont want to be considered anything but humble and respectful by the other teams and fans in the FCS. Cant wait for 08, it is gonna be a battle from start to finish.xeekx

GO APPS 4 FOR MOORE

AggieFinn
August 5th, 2008, 06:03 PM
We had to forget Stanford in 2006...just get over it and move on...how could you not with LSU on the schedule though? Seriously, you don't think that has the Mountaineers focused this summer? But yes, over and done with...ON TO 2008!

ab4app
August 5th, 2008, 06:11 PM
That was directed completely at all of the app guys who will not stop talking about Michigan, obviously the team moved on a long time ago xthumbsupx

Reign of Terrier
August 5th, 2008, 06:43 PM
It should be made a law that from this day forward there will be no more mention of Michigan from any app fan. And obviously I am an app fan. We have been xrulesx beating a dead horse for almost a year now, Lets move on. It was great but everybody besides us stopped caring a while ago. Our team this year has done nothing to gain anyones respect, yet... I dont want to be considered anything but humble and respectful by the other teams and fans in the FCS. Cant wait for 08, it is gonna be a battle from start to finish.xeekx

GO APPS 4 FOR MOORE

Don't care much about App fans mentioning it. If only ESPN would follow this lead. But otherwise....Halleluiaxbeerchugx

APPALACHIANstate
August 5th, 2008, 06:47 PM
WE BEAT MICHIGAN OMGEEZE!

IndianaAppMan
August 5th, 2008, 06:52 PM
I don't plan on blabbering about it on AGS, but I'll talk about it when college football or college in general comes up in conversation.

For App fans/students/alumni, this is one of the coolest memories outside of marriage & children that can happen in a person's life. We can shut up about it on AGS, but it's too proud a moment not to mention in our personal lives when appropriate.

Sorry.

hapapp
August 5th, 2008, 07:00 PM
As far as I'm concerned we are, like everyone else, back to square one. We will need to prove ourselves on the field once again. What we accomplished the last three years creates a tradition and a level of expectation, but it guarantees us nothing on the playing field. Beating Michigan and winning 3 NCs are great memories and prideful achievements, but they account for nothing this season.

ab4app
August 5th, 2008, 07:02 PM
I don't plan on blabbering about it on AGS, but I'll talk about it when college football or college in general comes up in conversation.

For App fans/students/alumni, this is one of the coolest memories outside of marriage & children that can happen in a person's life. We can shut up about it on AGS, but it's too proud a moment not to mention in our personal lives when appropriate.

Sorry.

That is the context I meant it in, sorry should have specified, I was only talking about all of the rant boards. Thas totally different in our own personal lives, I will never get over it, I will get chills when I am 90 just thinking about it. I could not agree with you more.

elcid96
August 5th, 2008, 07:05 PM
If you beat LSU, you can talk about that one for two years.

Reign of Terrier
August 5th, 2008, 07:08 PM
If you beat LSU, you can talk about that one for two years.

If you do that and win the title The old guys at the NCAA office might force you into FBS:D. Just kidding but it could happen....

phillyAPP
August 5th, 2008, 07:12 PM

GO APPS 4 FOR MOORE

I am with you 100%

jonmac
August 5th, 2008, 07:44 PM
It's not always us that brings it up. Whenever we mention looking forward to the LSU game and thinking that we will keep or competitive or even maybe shock the world again, we constantly hear,"LSU ain't Michigan." So don't just blame us. We should not have to feel bad about being proud of the accomplishments of the 2007 Mountaineers. Face it, it was a big win and we will relish it for a long time. We all understand that it has nothing to do with how we do this season. But to forget about it and move on is quite impossible in my opinion.

ab4app
August 5th, 2008, 08:39 PM
you are correct JonMac, I just dont want the rep of being an annoying fan base that just increases the size of the target on our backs. We have definitely done something simply amazing in the recent past. Hopefully it will continue, my only point is if we are the sh## we should just enjoy being the sh## and not rub it in. Any who, thas all, never said we couldnt be proud forever of what the team has accomplished, I just thought everyone on this board and other non app boards were sick of hearing about Michigan. I guess being a homer is both unavoidable and annoying at the same time for us die hards. CARRY ON

TheValleyRaider
August 5th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Talk about Michigan, 3 National Titles, etc. all you want xnodx

I just better not catch any of you whining about Yankee fans ever again xrulesx :p

Reign of Terrier
August 5th, 2008, 08:56 PM
you are correct JonMac, I just dont want the rep of being an annoying fan base that just increases the size of the target on our backs. We have definitely done something simply amazing in the recent past. Hopefully it will continue, my only point is if we are the sh## we should just enjoy being the sh## and not rub it in. Any who, thas all, never said we couldnt be proud forever of what the team has accomplished, I just thought everyone on this board and other non app boards were sick of hearing about Michigan. I guess being a homer is both unavoidable and annoying at the same time for us die hards. CARRY ON

From the point of view from another fan the only thing uncalled for App's fans have done is storm the field with 2 minutes left.You can celebrate all you want about your victory over the wolverines (even if it was a year ago:D ) it was something special and won't happen again for a longtime. APP state fans talking about the upset doesn't annoy me nearly as much as the FBS fans who know nothing about FCS or App state and consider it the only thing worth talking about when talking FCS.

furman94
August 5th, 2008, 09:08 PM
I'm ready for a new champion...

Reign of Terrier
August 5th, 2008, 09:12 PM

xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx AMENxsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

'neers79
August 5th, 2008, 09:22 PM
[QUOTE=ab4app;1047608]It should be made a law that from this day forward there will be no more mention of Michigan from any app fan. And obviously I am an app fan. We have been xrulesx beating a dead horse for almost a year now, Lets move on. It was great but everybody besides us stopped caring a while ago. Our team this year has done nothing to gain anyones respect, yet... I dont want to be considered anything but humble and respectful by the other teams and fans in the FCS. Cant wait for 08, it is gonna be a battle from start to finish.xeekx

GO APPS 4 FOR MOORE[/QUOTE

It will never happen. I don't mind dropping it, but you won't get the average App or football fan to drop it. There is a reason the old saying "This is a moment that will be talked about for years to come" exists. Although, I do see how it has gotten annoying for people who follow FCS. I hate to imagine it being flipped over the past three years. I'm sure I'd be saying the same thing as everyone else. At this point, I like to consider it a big FCS over FBS moment, and I hope there are MANY to come.

Grizo406
August 5th, 2008, 09:44 PM
ASU fans can post about it all they want, IMO.

Just be VERY thankful that the Griz didn't beat a team like Michigan, and win 3 consecutive National Championships.

Trust me on this one!!!

Sir William
August 5th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Beating Michigan was a great feat...one of which App has every right to continue to be proud. xthumbsupx

I say App should continue to bathe in that moment of glory. They deserve it. And I hope they give LSU all they can handle in a few weeks, too.

As a Furman alum and diehard Paladin fan, I'm proud of all the wins we've had against 1A competition dating back to the early 80's. In fact, I'm proud to be a SoCon'er when any SoCon team beats an FBS school, especially those of the BCS persuasion. And last September, I was incredibly proud of App State for what they did in the Big House...and I still am! xbowx

(And yes, like furman94, I'm ready for a new champion...national and SoCon xnodx )

GreatAppSt
August 5th, 2008, 10:09 PM

GO APPS 4 FOR MOORE

I moved on and stopped bringing it up long time ago, but newb, you can take your proposed new LAW and fly it.xthumbsupx I'll mention our UM win when I damn well feel like it. xrulesx

appsfan
August 5th, 2008, 10:22 PM

I am ready for a new FCS Champion too ... the 2008 Appalachian State Mountaineers !!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
August 5th, 2008, 10:24 PM
I don't plan to purge the memories of being at Rutgers and Northwestern to see my Wildcats achieve monumental wins any time soon. Nor would I expect any of the App fans who were in Ann Arbor that wonderful afternoon to do so either. I don't boast about the wins or even broach the subject when around other folks, but if you ask me about them, I'll blabber away until you're ready to smack me. :p :D

For any of you young App fans, make sure you've saved newspaper clippings and a VCR/DVD copy of the game. Take it from experience, your mind gets jammed with thirty years of watching games and will need some prompting to recall details decades later. ;) xwhistlex xrotatehx xnodx xnodx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx Remember, 30 years from now someone will start a thread for the best moments for your team! xnodx

Skjellyfetti
August 5th, 2008, 10:33 PM
I moved on and stopped bringing it up long time ago, but newb, you can take your proposed new LAW and fly it.xthumbsupx I'll mention our UM win when I damn well feel like it. xrulesx

Especially since you were so supportive of App before the game:

APP will not win at Michigan period. xmadx We still have Jerry Moore as coach and he will play a very conservative gamexnonono2x xmadx (see last years total of 6 different plays run on offense at NCSU. He will show up for the pay check. And hope not to suffer injuries just like UH, WYO etc etc. He will not show up and pull out all the stops to try to win this game!For Jerry, UM does not matter in the Division ASU plays .The only FBS games he has ever gone in trying to win was against neighboring WFU.xthumbsupx

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24304&page=14

xlolx

Lulu
August 5th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Especially since you were so supportive of App before the game:

xlolx

He was supportive enough to be there in AA from TX with me. It was a pleasent surprise to see Jerry actually go for it. ;)

89Hen
August 6th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Talk about Michigan, 3 National Titles, etc. all you want xnodx

xnodx To both of these. When you beat Michigan, won your third straight title, packed your stadium and are reinvesting in your facilities, you've earned the right to talk all you want. That said, I want a new champ too. :D

Appaholic
August 6th, 2008, 11:33 AM

and were ready for a new, more worthy rival......xwhistlex

Appaholic
August 6th, 2008, 11:43 AM

GO APPS 4 FOR MOORE

OK...I won't write about it again.............

The Cats
August 6th, 2008, 11:52 AM

GO APPS 4 FOR MOORE

for once, an app fan I can agree with !!!!!!

furman94
August 6th, 2008, 11:54 AM
and were ready for a new, more worthy rival......xwhistlex

Don't worry, you'll get one within the next few years! xthumbsupx

GreatAppSt
August 6th, 2008, 12:12 PM

xlolx

You saved that from last year? OMG.

I'm flattered.xnodx