PDA

View Full Version : Coastal loses starting QB before camp starts

Footix
August 2nd, 2008, 06:28 PM
http://thesunnews.typepad.com/inside_ccu_sports/

Bad news for all us CCU supporters. Just as it appeared Jamie Childers was ready to take over the reins at QB, he gets hospitalized before camp even starts. Not a good way to start. Thankfully it sounds like it's not bad enough to endanger his future health.

Uncle Buck
August 2nd, 2008, 06:37 PM
Hopefully he's okay and can at least get back with the team by mid-year. Bottom line, get healthy then get back.

jonmac
August 2nd, 2008, 06:43 PM
Sorry to hear that. Is that the meningitis that is communicable? Hopefully no other team members caught it.

ngineer
August 2nd, 2008, 06:45 PM
Tough break...Anyone with kids in college should urge them to get the vaccine that most schools now make available. I read that the majority of young people in their late teens to 30 carry the meningitis 'bacteria' but very few have it 'triggered'...not sure how it works, but a scary thought.

SuperJon
August 2nd, 2008, 07:50 PM
He has viral meningitis. The bacterial kind is the one that's life threatening. Luckily that's not what he has.

Sly Fox
August 2nd, 2008, 08:28 PM
It is pretty serious business nonetheless. You have to see something like this even to your rival. Hopefully he recovers quicker than originally anticipated.

Monarch History
August 2nd, 2008, 08:42 PM
I'm sorry to hear that about Childers, but it sounds like if all things go as planned he will be back before the season or early in the season. At least you have MacDowall as a reserve.

Nearly ten years ago my son's college required everyone to be vaccinated.

SuperJon
August 2nd, 2008, 09:46 PM
Colleges required vaccination for the bacterial kind.

Footix
August 3rd, 2008, 12:46 AM
I'm sorry to hear that about Childers, but it sounds like if all things go as planned he will be back before the season or early in the season. At least you have MacDowall as a reserve.

Nearly ten years ago my son's college required everyone to be vaccinated.

Yeah the problem with MacDowall is he didn't even pass the running test today, so you wonder if the kid is going to bring the leadership you need at that position. I guess time will tell.

spdram
August 3rd, 2008, 02:01 PM
Tough break guys, we lost our leading scorer on the hoops team already this year, so we know how it feels. It always reminds me of a prior Coach we had, whenever something like this would happen he would remind us "when a door closes a window opens". Hopefully someone will step through this window of opportunity and help the team enjoy success. Good Luck! BTW, I stopped by and saw your school and stadium last summer and was very impressed, keep up the good work!

We'll add Childers to the prayer list.

Seawolf97
August 3rd, 2008, 03:41 PM
Hopefully he will make a full recovery!

bodoyle
August 3rd, 2008, 04:06 PM
More possible bad news....Jamie Fordham and Sean Fortson might be academically ineligible. xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

CarolinaGirl
August 3rd, 2008, 04:59 PM
More possible bad news....Jamie Fordham and Sean Fortson might be academically ineligible. xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

Do you know something for fact or is that just rumor? I get some insider info and I haven't heard anything about it.

CID1990
August 3rd, 2008, 06:30 PM
That's a tough break for the kid. Hope all goes well with him.

bodoyle
August 4th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Do you know something for fact or is that just rumor? I get some insider info and I haven't heard anything about it.

as it says in my post POSSIBLE