View Full Version : THREE TIME DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - report to camp...

APPALACHIANstate
August 2nd, 2008, 11:37 AM
http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=104458&SPID=12811&DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=1546871

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xlolx xlolx xrotatehx xrotatehx

citdog
August 2nd, 2008, 11:38 AM
yawn....drool.....boring

The Cats
August 2nd, 2008, 12:15 PM
yawn....drool.....boring

On this, we can agree......

APPALACHIANstate
August 2nd, 2008, 12:16 PM
On this, we can agree......

Well if you are tired go ahead and take a nap maybe you can dream up your schools doing something half as great at Appalachian Teachers College...or maybe you can dream of The South winning citdog.

catamount man
August 2nd, 2008, 12:17 PM
yawn....drool.....boring

One Armanti injury away from putting their pants on one leg at a time again.

APPALACHIANstate
August 2nd, 2008, 12:20 PM

Who honestly expects for things to fall in line for Appalachian State again? We were one carry away from being eliminated last year. So obviously it could take less than an Armanti injury. :)

The Cats
August 2nd, 2008, 12:20 PM

Don't even think that.....

I don't want them to have any excuses when their season goes down the toilet.

BarefootApp
August 2nd, 2008, 12:22 PM
ahhhh...rivalries

citdog
August 2nd, 2008, 12:36 PM
Well if you are tired go ahead and take a nap maybe you can dream up your schools doing something half as great at Appalachian Teachers College for VAGINAS, HIPPIES, AND OTHER LOWBORN MOUNTAIN TRASH ...or maybe you can dream of The South winning citdog.

ACCURACY........WE WILL ONE DAY BE FREE!

APPALACHIANstate
August 2nd, 2008, 12:40 PM
ACCURACY........WE WILL ONE DAY BE FREE!

They are all Liberal Arts Majors anyways...

The administration keeps them separated from the general student population...

Grizaholic17
August 2nd, 2008, 12:46 PM
They are all Liberal Arts Majors anyways...

The administration keeps them separated from the general student population...

He's pretty new to ags. mmm...i wish someone would tell him to shut it. I started the same thing you did with Montana...BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER. no one wants to hear it. trust me. The last thing people want to hear is Appy St doing camp. Woopidy Doo!

APPALACHIANstate
August 2nd, 2008, 12:49 PM
He's pretty new to ags. mmm...i wish someone would tell him to shut it. I started the same thing you did with Montana...BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER. no one wants to hear it. trust me. The last thing people want to hear is Appy St doing camp. Woopidy Doo!

Well, the problem with you doing it is that we all know come playoff time (winter) you guys like to hibernate. Then you get started again after people have forgot about you. I will be the same all season long, get used to it.

Grizaholic17
August 2nd, 2008, 12:59 PM
Well, the problem with you doing it is that we all know come playoff time (winter) you guys like to hibernate. Then you get started again after people have forgot about you. I will be the same all season long, get used to it.

Oh great. Can't wait. And btw, you are 3-time defending champs, that is impressive...i'll give you that...but continue this success for 16 years, and maybe you can boast yourself so high.

APPALACHIANstate
August 2nd, 2008, 01:01 PM
Oh great. Can't wait. And btw, you are 3-time defending champs, that is impressive...i'll give you that...but continue this success for 16 years, and maybe you can boast yourself so high.

16X National Champions?

Seems reasonable...

Grizaholic17
August 2nd, 2008, 01:04 PM
16X National Champions?

Seems reasonable...

I mean being a college powerhouse for decades. A Georgia Southern, a Montana, or even partially a Marshall (not quite the decades). Just don't be cocky on these boards. No one appreciates it. Every team has the same chance every season. Some repeat their destiny, but no team is better than the other until they meet.

APPALACHIANstate
August 2nd, 2008, 01:07 PM
I mean being a college powerhouse for decades. A Georgia Southern, a Montana, or even partially a Marshall (not quite the decades). Just don't be cocky on these boards. No one appreciates it. Every team has the same chance every season. Some repeat their destiny, but no team is better than the other until they meet.

I'm not cocky I'm confident...

http://mympeg.ru/biography/ja_rule_1.jpg

Give me a break, I give credit where it is due.

Grizaholic17
August 2nd, 2008, 01:10 PM

Try giving credit to something other than your own team. That's all I'm saying. There's a term called a Homer...they aren't the best.

APPALACHIANstate
August 2nd, 2008, 01:12 PM
Try giving credit to something other than your own team. That's all I'm saying. There's a term called a Homer...they aren't the best.

Okay, Montana has a lot of people witness their eventual post season collapse...xthumbsupx

Good?

appstate38
August 2nd, 2008, 01:20 PM

Let it go Griz, he will figure it out soon enough. Welcome to AGS Dan!!! Go easy man since you just got here.

APPALACHIANstate
August 2nd, 2008, 01:26 PM
Let it go Griz, he will figure it out soon enough. Welcome to AGS Dan!!! Go easy man since you just got here.

Okay, only for you lover boy.

appstate38
August 2nd, 2008, 01:27 PM
Okay, only for you lover boy.

I knew you would understand!xthumbsupx

Grizaholic17
August 2nd, 2008, 01:29 PM

The only thing I'm going to tell Dan to do is to go into his App St archives and look at December 9, 2000. And stop giving me a headache!!! thankyou.

APPALACHIANstate
August 2nd, 2008, 01:30 PM
The only thing I'm going to tell Dan to do is to go into his App St archives and look at December 9, 2000. And stop giving me a headache!!! thankyou.

There are always exceptions...

appstate38
August 2nd, 2008, 01:31 PM

Dang Griz, Why did you have to go there??? Just when we were getting along so great.:)

Grizaholic17
August 2nd, 2008, 01:33 PM
Dang Griz, Why did you have to go there??? Just when we were getting along so great.:)

Like I said, the only thing we have to measure a teams greatness over another, is their performance against one another. It's time he knew! :p :p
xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

APPALACHIANstate
August 2nd, 2008, 01:56 PM
Like I said, the only thing we have to measure a teams greatness over another, is their performance against one another. It's time he knew! :p :p
xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Very FBS of you...

Grizaholic17
August 2nd, 2008, 02:11 PM
Very FBS of you...

does FBS abbreviate FaBulouS?

You're too much! xpeacex xlolx

furman94
August 2nd, 2008, 03:24 PM
Another App thread?!

Screamin_Eagle174
August 2nd, 2008, 03:27 PM
Another App thread?!

You're surprised??? xeyebrowx

That's like being shocked when you turn to ESPN right now and the headline story is something about this one guy named Brett Favre.

Okay, not completely like that, Brett has some class. xlolx xlolx xlolx

APPALACHIANstate
August 2nd, 2008, 03:41 PM
This is insane, I am an APP student and a HUGE Packers fan!

appstate38
August 2nd, 2008, 04:51 PM
You're surprised??? xeyebrowx

That's like being shocked when you turn to ESPN right now and the headline story is something about this one guy named Brett Favre.

Okay, not completely like that, Brett has some class. xlolx xlolx xlolx

I don't care who you are.... That is still one of my favorite pics for anybody's sig on AGS!!! That QB's face says it all!

ab4app
August 2nd, 2008, 05:08 PM

http://mympeg.ru/biography/ja_rule_1.jpg

Take it easy man, you dont want to eat your words in a few months or sooner. We all have our hopes and expectations but it doesnt take much at all to goof everything up. There will be as always tons of really great fcs teams this year. App has a big enough target on their back now, lets not make it any bigger. we want this xcoffeex , not this xrulesx

GreatAppSt
August 2nd, 2008, 05:18 PM

uhxconfusedx App has been a contender for decades.xnodx Know your historyxthumbsupx http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/index.php

Grizaholic17
August 2nd, 2008, 05:49 PM
uhxconfusedx App has been a contender for decades.xnodx Know your historyxthumbsupx http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/index.php

I know my history just fine than kyou. I have that website book marked. I was just annoyed this morning. Sorry. I know of App St. and all the "great" things they did in the 90's.

Grizaholic17
August 2nd, 2008, 06:03 PM
Another App thread?!

xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

My head can't take them anymore. I've moved to the political wing!

Thundering_Herd
August 2nd, 2008, 06:04 PM

Two wrongs don't make a right!

APPALACHIANstate
August 2nd, 2008, 06:08 PM

Two wrongs don't make a right!

Right colors though...correct?

xlolx xrotatehx

elcid96
August 2nd, 2008, 06:16 PM
yawn....drool.....boring

I had to wake- up and read your comment after falling asleep reading the article.:)

uofmman1122
August 2nd, 2008, 06:23 PM
Isn't this like the fifth thread about Appy State going to training camp?

Just wait, next week we'll have four threads about a dream coach Moore had, followed by 18 in-depth threads on Armanti Edwards taking a dump. xlolx

APPALACHIANstate
August 2nd, 2008, 06:55 PM
Isn't this like the fifth thread about Appy State going to training camp?

Just wait, next week we'll have four threads about a dream coach Moore had, followed by 18 in-depth threads on Armanti Edwards taking a dump. xlolx

Maybe if you are lucky you could catch of whiff of it...

uofmman1122
August 2nd, 2008, 07:03 PM
Maybe if you are lucky you could catch of whiff of it...Are you kidding?! It's a well known assumed fact that all ASU fans', players', and coaches' ***** doesn't stink. Or at least that's how they make it out to be. xlolx

Grizaholic17
August 2nd, 2008, 07:04 PM
Maybe if you are lucky you could catch a whiff of it...

That's the last thing any of us want to do. Great player, but sniffing that is a little too much. Seeing him would be fun. xpeacex xpeacex

and yes uofm, this is the umpteenth thread began on this.

dan is still cool though.

APPALACHIANstate
August 2nd, 2008, 07:14 PM
Where are the other Appalachian reports to camp posts?

Grizaholic17
August 2nd, 2008, 07:15 PM
Where are the other Appalachian reports to camp posts?

That was confusing, there aren't specific threads, but many threads contained countless reminders of the magical date.

APPALACHIANstate
August 2nd, 2008, 07:24 PM
That was confusing, there aren't specific threads, but many threads contained countless reminders of the magical date.

I pulled a link from GOasu.com about Appalachian players reporting to camp. I have seen countless other threads doing the same exact thing. Are we not going to allow threads linking to official stories from official school sites?

asucraig33
August 2nd, 2008, 07:32 PM
Isn't it kind of obvious why there are so many repeat App threads? When I joined, many people said "Oh great, another App fan. xoopsx " Obviously, there are many more App fans than every other fan on this board (bandwagon or not), so topics get posted that much faster. It's common sense. Sometimes it's hard to catch a topic before it gets posted, and then there's a repeat topic because one of the other 10,000 App fans here has posted it. The number of whiners on here has almost begun to exceed the number of App fans now. Just deal with it or ignore it and stop commenting every time an App fan says the littlest thing. Good lord people, grow up. xnonono2x

APPALACHIANstate
August 2nd, 2008, 07:35 PM
Isn't it kind of obvious why there are so many repeat App threads? When I joined, many people said "Oh great, another App fan. xoopsx " Obviously, there are many more App fans than every other fan on this board (bandwagon or not), so topics get posted that much faster. It's common sense. Sometimes it's hard to catch a topic before it gets posted, and then there's a repeat topic because one of the other 10,000 App fans here has posted it. The number of whiners on here has almost begun to exceed the number of App fans now. Just deal with it or ignore it and stop commenting every time an App fan says the littlest thing. Good lord people, grow up. xnonono2x

This is the first time this story has been posted.

asucraig33
August 2nd, 2008, 07:40 PM
This is the first time this story has been posted.

Yeah, I understand that part, but others don't seem to. This has been talked about in other threads but there wasn't a thread of its own, yet some people still complain. I guess it's just that they're sick of all App fans, which I suppose is understandable cause there's a lot, but we're harmless. Any other post about another team's camp then its okay, but this thread all I see is a lot of complaining. Just like other threads. It's getting old fast, and I only joined a week ago. xrolleyesx

asucraig33
August 2nd, 2008, 07:44 PM
I just want to talk about camp, but that's practically impossible when the first couple of posters start bashing a thread immediately. Show some respect for other members already and get over yourselves. If you don't like the number of App fans, just leave already. Enough said...can we talk about camp already?!?!?!?

Grizaholic17
August 2nd, 2008, 07:47 PM
I just want to talk about camp, but that's practically impossible when the first couple of posters start bashing a thread immediately. Show some respect for other members already and get over yourselves. If you don't like the number of App fans, just leave already. Enough said...can we talk about camp already?!?!?!?

Hey, as a Montana i got used to every thread we start getting moved to Smack (griz envy), so you do the same.

stevdock
August 2nd, 2008, 07:52 PM

Yes obviously there are so many more App fans then anyone else on this site. What were you in the elimination game for 2 weeks? I can't remember it was so long ago. Yes you are defending champs, but it's a new year and a whole lot of teams gunning for you. I know we are more than ready to take you on anytime anywhere. Oh and by the way even though we have as many if not more on this site now, you don't see us clogging up the board with this trival stuff.

Grizaholic17
August 2nd, 2008, 08:00 PM
Yes obviously there are so many more App fans then anyone else on this site. What would you still in the elimination game for 2 weeks? I can't remember it was so long ago. Yes you are defending champs, but it's a new year and a whole lot of teams gunning for you. I know we are more than ready to take you on anytime anywhere. Oh and by the way even though we have as many if not more on this site now, you don't see us clogging up the board with this trival stuff.

Montana, App, and bison fans are everywhere. With Delaware, MT ST., and NIU close behind. and thankyou!

GreatAppSt
August 2nd, 2008, 09:59 PM
I know my history just fine than kyou. I have that website book marked. I was just annoyed this morning. Sorry. I know of App St. and all the "great" things they did in the 90's.

uh huhxrolleyesx

smallcollegefbfan
August 3rd, 2008, 12:02 AM
Don't even think that.....

I don't want them to have any excuses when their season goes down the toilet.

It will be interesting to see the incoming QB and how he handles himself if AE goes down.

When the season goes down the toilet? Is this a prediction that they won't be an elite team?

APPALACHIANstate
August 3rd, 2008, 01:32 AM
Yes obviously there are so many more App fans then anyone else on this site. What were you in the elimination game for 2 weeks? I can't remember it was so long ago. Yes you are defending champs, but it's a new year and a whole lot of teams gunning for you. I know we are more than ready to take you on anytime anywhere. Oh and by the way even though we have as many if not more on this site now, you don't see us clogging up the board with this trival stuff.

Because you had people join for the elimination game....

xlolx xlolx xlolx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

Of course people will be gunning for APP State, it takes luck and skill to win a championship. The cards have fallen in the right place for ASU the past three years, will it be 4? We will see...