PDA

View Full Version : Interesting A-10 Scenario

DB_Atlantic10
October 20th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Coach Bowden goes to visit the Commissioner of the of the A-10 and decides to make a wager... Take your best 24(1 Punter and 1 kicker) players throughout your league and bring them to Doak Campbell to face my Seminoles and I will guarantee you, we will beat them by at least 21 points... If you were the commissioner, who would your 24 players be?

Offense:
CB
RB
FB
WR
WR
TE
OG
OG
C
OT
OT

Defense: Assuming 4-3 (or make your case 3-4, 5-2, etc,.)
CB
CB
FS
SS
DT
DT
DE
DE
LB
LB
LB

Special Team:
Punter
Kicker

Have at it gentlemen....... :)

89Hen
October 20th, 2005, 01:59 PM
If you were the commissioner, who would your 24 players be?
UVA's starting lineup.

DB_Atlantic10
October 20th, 2005, 02:02 PM
UVA's starting lineup.

:lmao:

UNHknowledge
October 20th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Coach Bowden goes to visit the Commissioner of the of the A-10 and decides to make a wager... Take your best 24(1 Punter and 1 kicker) players throughout your league and bring them to Doak Campbell to face my Seminoles and I will guarantee you, we will beat them by at least 21 points... If you were the commissioner, who would your 24 players be?

Offense:
QB Ricky Santos UNH
RB Elijah Brooks W&M
FB Don't need one
WR David Ball UNH
WR Cory Parks Northeastern
TE Jonathan Williams UNH
OG Tucker Peterson UNH
OG Patrick Malloy W&M
C Matt Magerko JMU
OT Mike Roseborough Northeastern
OT Will Colon Hofstra
FL JJ Outlaw Villanova

CB Corey graham UNH
CB Shannon James UMass (i know he's a safety, but we need our best athletes
FS Tony Lezzote JMU
SS BJ Flenory UNH
DT Darrel Adams Villanova
DT Derek Stank UNH
DE Adam Oconnor W&M
DE Tom Parks Delaware
LB Alan Tallman UNH
LB Gian Villante Hofstra
LB Jermaine Walker Maine

Special Team:
Punter Christian Koegel UMass
Kicker Greg Kuehn W&M

there it is

JMU2004
October 20th, 2005, 03:05 PM
there it is

1/3rd of your team from UNH? hmm

Tribe4SF
October 20th, 2005, 03:05 PM

Offense:
QB Santos
RB Brooks
TE Adam Bratton W&M
WR Ball
WR Parks
TE Williams
OG Magerko
OG Cody Morris, W&M
C Mulloy
OT Roseborough
OT Corey Davis, JMU

CB Allante Harrison, TU
CB Steven Cason, W&M
FS Lezotte
SS James
DT Parks
DT Darrell Adams, VU
DE O'Connor
DE Keron Williams, UMass
LB Brian Hulea, VU
LB John Mulhern, UD
LB Adam Goloboski, UR

Special Team:
Punter Koegel
Kicker Kuehn

A few changes.

JMU Duke Dog
October 20th, 2005, 03:42 PM
I am just a little bias but here goes nothing...

Offense:
QB Justin Rascati (James Madison)
RB Elijah Brooks (William & Mary)
RB Omar Cuff (Delaware)
WR David Ball (New Hampshire)
WR J.J. Outlaw (Villanova)
WR Cory Parks (Northeastern)
OG Matt Magerko (James Madison)
OG Mike Parham (James Madison)
C Soctt Lemn (James Madison)
OT Corey Davis (James Madison)
OT Harry Dunn (James Madison)

CB Clint Kent (James Madison)
CB Davon Telp (Towson)
FS Tony LeZotte (James Madison)
SS Shannon James (Massachusetts)
DT Jonas Watson (William & Mary)
DT Tom Parks (Delaware)
DE Kevin Winston (James Madison)
DE Dan Garay (Hofstra)
LB Brian Hulea (Villanova)
LB Gian Villante (Hofstra)
LB Adam Goloboski (Richmond)

Special Team:
P Christian Koegel (Massachusetts)
K Greg Kuehn (William & Mary)

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 20th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Just a little biased???? wow... Watch out, my fellow Duke Dog, you may give MassMan a run for his money in homerism! ;)

TigerFan17
October 20th, 2005, 04:45 PM
This is a very cool idea. I'm at work now so I'll put my team together in a few hours when I get home.

I've noticed a bit of homerism... ;)

WMTribe90
October 20th, 2005, 05:46 PM
I don't have a team, but I'd tell Bobby to keep his 21 points.

UNHknowledge
October 20th, 2005, 06:28 PM
1/3rd of your team from UNH? hmm

absolutely...we're gonna air it out on offense and we have speed on D.
Everybody has put together pretty solid teams...including the guy that is using JMU's whole O line. I saw how they dominated Montana last year.

jmuroller
October 20th, 2005, 06:43 PM
UNH, your whole defense is from UNH and you guys are average at best. :spank:

UNHknowledge
October 20th, 2005, 07:05 PM

You don't go 20-5 in your last 25 games in the A10 with average D. I'll teach you about football. UNH has a run and gun offense (no huddle). It either works great or really hurts the D with quick 3 and outs. UNH's D plays more snaps than any other team. We've forced more turnovers than anyone else...and last time we played the Puke Dogs we forced 6 in an easy W. C'mon buddy smart posts only. Knowledge is power.

DTSpider
October 20th, 2005, 07:16 PM
I don't think that any team has enough talent to garner 1/3 of the slots. The beauty of the A10 is that every team has a handful of great players.

Watch out there UNH fans, I'm not sure if this conference can support 3 teams with 10 "first team All-Americans" (see UMass & JMU).

JMU2004
October 20th, 2005, 07:18 PM
You don't go 20-5 in your last 25 games in the A10 with average D. I'll teach you about football. UNH has a run and gun offense (no huddle). It either works great or really hurts the D with quick 3 and outs. UNH's D plays more snaps than any other team. We've forced more turnovers than anyone else...and last time we played the Puke Dogs we forced 6 in an easy W. C'mon buddy smart posts only. Knowledge is power.

I will take that bait....and agree....your D succeeds becaue of your O. The D is not good, reference W&M.

I think there is WAY TOO MUCH HOMERISM in this thread.

From JMU, you have to consider RBs Fenner, Banks, and Hines. Rascati is great, but Santos takes it easy. But, another wrinkle, Santos would not have time against FSU. I like Rascati here......the guy is a better athlete than Santos, but Santos seems to be the better QB. Still go with Santos here

On OL, if you don't have Magerko and Davis, forget your NFL scouting days

On D, you need Lezotte, Winston, and Shambley(6'4", 290, and a 4.8)

JMU would have TOPS 4 players on this team....and that is an unbiased view

UNHknowledge
October 20th, 2005, 07:31 PM
I will take that bait....and agree....your D succeeds becaue of your O. The D is not good, reference W&M.

I think there is WAY TOO MUCH HOMERISM in this thread.

From JMU, you have to consider RBs Fenner, Banks, and Hines. Rascati is great, but Santos takes it easy. But, another wrinkle, Santos would not have time against FSU. I like Rascati here......the guy is a better athlete than Santos, but Santos seems to be the better QB. Still go with Santos here

On OL, if you don't have Magerko and Davis, forget your NFL scouting days

On D, you need Lezotte, Winston, and Shambley(6'4", 290, and a 4.8)

JMU would have TOPS 4 players on this team....and that is an unbiased view

U're gonna erase 2 and a half years of great play on D because of one bad game in a hurricane at W&M (who happens to have our number in the McDonnell era). How about holding W&M to 0 TD's last year. C'mon now...ignorent posts must stop. Knowledge is power.

TigerFan17
October 20th, 2005, 07:37 PM
U're gonna erase 2 and a half years of great play on D because of one bad game in a hurricane at W&M (who happens to have our number in the McDonnell era). How about holding W&M to 0 TD's last year. C'mon now...ignorent posts must stop. Knowledge is power.

If knowledge is power...then at least spell ignorant right. :D

UNHknowledge
October 20th, 2005, 07:43 PM
If knowledge is power...then at least spell ignorant right. :D

You're too mature for this forum.

JMU2004
October 20th, 2005, 08:23 PM

you held them to zero tds last year because of the weather, maybe the same reason W&M is 2 for 2 against ya'll in the last two years

UNH had a great D against GSU, but I would take a whole lotta Umass OR JMU players over what UNH offers.....I think UNH is a product of the system, not a product of the players. The offense takes SO much focus to defend. Head to head, JMU loses to UNH. Against FSU, athletes are key. JMU is full of athletes who NEED to learn to play as a team.

Just my opinion, and I am wrong a whole lot.....so no smack please, take my opinion as just another view

UNHknowledge
October 20th, 2005, 08:32 PM
you held them to zero tds last year because of the weather, maybe the same reason W&M is 2 for 2 against ya'll in the last two years

UNH had a great D against GSU, but I would take a whole lotta Umass OR JMU players over what UNH offers.....I think UNH is a product of the system, not a product of the players. The offense takes SO much focus to defend. Head to head, JMU loses to UNH. Against FSU, athletes are key. JMU is full of athletes who NEED to learn to play as a team.

Just my opinion, and I am wrong a whole lot.....so no smack please, take my opinion as just another view

I respect your opinion, but UNH leads the A10 in forcing turnovers not because their OFFENSE is cool and exciting but because it has great athletes on D that run to the ball. JMU also has good athletes and are very similar to UNH on D with smaller D lineman and backers that can run. The team I drew up for the Florida St. fantasy battle was realistic and it looks like your JMU buddies didn't respected my opinion.

JMU2004
October 20th, 2005, 09:16 PM
I respect your opinion, but UNH leads the A10 in forcing turnovers not because their OFFENSE is cool and exciting but because it has great athletes on D that run to the ball. JMU also has good athletes and are very similar to UNH on D with smaller D lineman and backers that can run. The team I drew up for the Florida St. fantasy battle was realistic and it looks like your JMU buddies didn't respected my opinion.

I respect your opinion.....but I would ask you to review the JMU D-Line....the interior is fast and large. The Ends are smallish, but fast.

Pleas kill UMass.....their fans have made me hate a team like never before. The friggin get under my skin, and apparently, they rub most of I-AA the same way. :bang: :bang: :bang:

I like this discussion here.....good thread

umassfan
October 20th, 2005, 09:49 PM
JMUs oline got tooled by UMass last week so I wouldnt use that starting 5 like someone said... I find it funny how most people on here would use just 1 or maybe 2 players from the nations best D. I also find it funny how you would stick the best FS/CB at SS. That tells me how much you all know about football talent.

JMU2004
October 20th, 2005, 10:09 PM
JMUs oline got tooled by UMass last week so I wouldnt use that starting 5 like someone said... I find it funny how most people on here would use just 1 or maybe 2 players from the nations best D. I also find it funny how you would stick the best FS/CB at SS. That tells me how much you all know about football talent.

yea.....your opinion really carries weight after your last 3 years of "objective" analysis.

the UMass D is fantastic, but you have played 2 games in a swamp!!!!! a friggin dump. No offense could play well in that.....and it makes it very tough to evaluate the talent on the field.

UMass is surely a top 5 Defense.....but for god sakes, stop being such a friggin Homer. Everyone on here is laughing at you

umassfan
October 20th, 2005, 10:40 PM
yea.....your opinion really carries weight after your last 3 years of "objective" analysis.

the UMass D is fantastic, but you have played 2 games in a swamp!!!!! a friggin dump. No offense could play well in that.....and it makes it very tough to evaluate the talent on the field.

UMass is surely a top 5 Defense.....but for god sakes, stop being such a friggin Homer. Everyone on here is laughing at you
Did I say we should have every player on the team? No I just said we need more players then just James....

Tod
October 20th, 2005, 10:42 PM

UMass may have the best D in the A-10 (maybe all of I-AA), and I'll assume it for this thread. But in a 12 team conference (and a damn good conference), doesn't it make sense that they could have the first best at one or two positions, and the 2nd best and several positions, and the third best at several others, etc., to make the best defense in the conference overall? I think honorable mention in the A-10 says quite a lot for a player. :confused: :) :) :)

DB_Atlantic10
October 20th, 2005, 11:02 PM
UMass may have the best D in the A-10 (maybe all of I-AA), and I'll assume it for this thread. But in a 12 team conference (and a damn good conference), doesn't it make sense that they could have the first best at one or two positions, and the 2nd best and several positions, and the third best at several others, etc., to make the best defense in the conference overall? I think honorable mention in the A-10 says quite a lot for a player. :confused: :) :) :)

UMass's safety #6 should definitely be in there.... I've watched a couple of their games on refeed and most of those guys won't stack against a FSU type team....remember the game will be at Doak, not UMud.... the field conditions for the NE and JMU games were so horrible, there were no offensive stats to be made...even JMU's defense moved up after playing there...and 4 of their 6 games have been on that field. Also UNH will be there again next Sat, so no offense again.....

I think when they put the tarp down, they left the hose running underneath..... :lmao:

Tod
October 20th, 2005, 11:09 PM
UMass's safety #6 should definitely be in there.... I've watched a couple of their games on refeed and most of those guys won't stack against a FSU type team....remember the game will be at Doak, not UMud.... the field conditions for the NE and JMU games were so horrible, there were no offensive stats to be made...even JMU's defense moved up after playing there...and 4 of their 6 games have been on that field. Also UNH will be there again next Sat, so no offense again.....

I think when they put the tarp down, they left the hose running underneath..... :lmao:

OK. But I'm not talking about individual players, I'm talking about the defense as a whole. If you win the NC, does that mean you have the best 24 starters in the nation on your team? No. Same if you have the best D in the A-10 or the nation. It means you've got a great, competent, and well-coached group of players, some of whom will be recognized, but they won't all be recognized.

DB_Atlantic10
October 20th, 2005, 11:17 PM
OK. But I'm not talking about individual players, I'm talking about the defense as a whole. If you win the NC, does that mean you have the best 24 starters in the nation on your team? No. Same if you have the best D in the A-10 or the nation. It means you've got a great, competent, and well-coached group of players, some of whom will be recognized, but they won't all be recognized.

I think we are saying the same thing in different words....

UNHknowledge
October 20th, 2005, 11:21 PM
This whole thread has too much respect for Florida St. like they're the dang Patriots. Don't you guys realize The Citadel played a whole half tied with them. Everyone of these fantasy teams posted is good enough to hang with the Seminoles. Trust me...they're not gonna have 22 guys go to the NFL and they don't all run 4.3's. The team I posted had supposedly too many UNH guys on it. Look...I just wanted to post a fast team that can run with the Noles and I think I did that.

Maroon&White
October 20th, 2005, 11:21 PM

They don't respect it because there's no way the A10's best team would have that many UNH players on it. The UNH defense is nothing to brag about. I saw them play against Nova and it was unimpressive at best. I was very disappointed in what I saw at UNH that game, as I was expecting the #1 team in the country to play some defense. It's just not there defensively, and it has showed against teams with powerful offenses. Playing teams that aren't very strong overall and UNH will just outscore them, but when UNH's D might play a role its a whole different story.

UNHknowledge
October 20th, 2005, 11:34 PM
They don't respect it because there's no way the A10's best team would have that many UNH players on it. The UNH defense is nothing to brag about. I saw them play against Nova and it was unimpressive at best. I was very disappointed in what I saw at UNH that game, as I was expecting the #1 team in the country to play some defense. It's just not there defensively, and it has showed against teams with powerful offenses. Playing teams that aren't very strong overall and UNH will just outscore them, but when UNH's D might play a role its a whole different story.

Some people just don't get football...and u're one of them. Go back and read the football lesson I had to give one of the JMU guys. Run and gun no huddle offense equals lots of time on the field for the D (fatigue/more opportunity for opposing offense). With that said UNH still leads the conference in take aways and has only been embarrased on D twice in two and a half years of football (Montana and W&M). Where the hell was UMass's amazing D last year during their amazing 6-5 campaign while the Wildcat "swiss cheese" D was showin GSU how D is played up north.

umassfan
October 21st, 2005, 12:14 AM
Our amazing D held your wildcats to 2 rushing yards and under 300 total yards... Shannon James had 2 of UMass's 4 ints on the day vs you as well... He also had 2 ints vs I-A BC last season as well.

JMU2004
October 21st, 2005, 12:17 AM
:spank: :spank: :bang:

I am now sorry for the A-10....I apologize for the UNH and UMass idiots on this board.

Man.....I had hoped that we had moved pass this crap....allow the NE jokers to draw us back in.

Hey, UD, ASU, and GSU......invite JMU and we will follow. We belong in the conglomerate of SE 1-AA football. I am sick of these friggin yankees

UNHknowledge
October 21st, 2005, 12:21 AM
Our amazing D held your wildcats to 2 rushing yards and under 300 total yards... Shannon James had 2 of UMass's 4 ints on the day vs you as well... He also had 2 ints vs I-A BC last season as well.

Using the UMass game is a perfect example of UNH's run and gun offense killin the D. Thanx for proving my point genious...we had 2 rushing yards on 3 attempts (true story). Do you know what that means. That means the D played essentially the entire game. I don't know many defenses in the country that can support an offense that only rushes the ball 3 times in a game. And I never downed Shannon James...he's on my fantasy team and I moved him to corner because I have so much confidence in his athletic ability. I realize I've wasted my time with you, I'm done repeating my point to you.

UNHknowledge
October 21st, 2005, 12:25 AM
:spank: :spank: :bang:

I am now sorry for the A-10....I apologize for the UNH and UMass idiots on this board.

Man.....I had hoped that we had moved pass this crap....allow the NE jokers to draw us back in.

Hey, UD, ASU, and GSU......invite JMU and we will follow. We belong in the conglomerate of SE 1-AA football. I am sick of these friggin yankees

Its a forum you weirdo...people debate on forums and me and UMass guy could care less what you think about Yankees. Holy cow...grow some nuts.

JMU Duke Dog
October 21st, 2005, 12:34 AM
:( A good thread turned into another bad thread. This place is getting ridiculous. Where is Ralph to the rescue?

Maroon&White
October 21st, 2005, 12:52 AM
Here's my 2 deep - Correct me if I'm wrong about where some of these guys are from...

Offense:
QB Stacy Tutt (Richmond) / Justin Rascati (JMU)
RB Elijah Brooks (William & Mary) / Maurice Fenner (JMU)
RB Omar Cuff (Delaware) / Steve Baylark (UMass)
WR David Ball (New Hampshire) / Marques Colston (Hofstra)
WR J.J. Outlaw (Villanova) / Kevin McMahan (Maine)
WR Cory Parks (Northeastern) / Devale Ellis (Hofstra)
OG Matt Magerko (James Madison) / Alex Miller (UMass)
OG Cody Morris (William & Mary) / Willie Colon (Hofstra)
C Ben Lazarski (Maine) / Pat Mulloy (W&M)
OT Mike Roseborough (Northeastern) / Cory Davis (JMU)
OT Harry Dunn (James Madison) / Mike Peterson (UNH)

Defense:
CB Tony LeZotte (James Madison) / Allante Harrison (Towson)
CB Davon Telp (Towson) / Daren Stone (Maine)
FS Shannon James (Massachusetts) / Corey Graham (UNH)
SS James Ihedigbo (Massachusetts) / Tracy Belton (UMass)
DT Jonas Watson (William & Mary) / Darrel Adams (Nova)
DT Tom Parks (Delaware) / Dan Garay (Hofstra)
DE Kevin Winston (James Madison) / Adam O'Connor (W&M)
DE Keron Williams (Massachusetts) / Sherman Logan (Richmond)
LB Brian Hulea (Villanova) / Jermaine Walker (Maine)
LB John Mulhern (Delaware) / Josh Rutter (W&M)
LB Adam Goloboski (Richmond) / Cole Haley (Hofstra)

Special Team:
P Christian Koegel (Massachusetts) / Adam James (Nova)
K Greg Kuehn (William & Mary) / Miro Kesic (NU)
RS Arel Gordon (Maine) / David Freeman (Richmond)

I think the guys in bold are the only ones everyone agrees about.

James Madison : 7
Massachusetts : 7
William & Mary : 7
Hofstra : 5
Maine : 5
Richmond : 4
Villanova : 4
Delaware : 3
New Hampshire : 3
Northeastern : 3
Towson : 2

JMU Duke Dog
October 21st, 2005, 01:01 AM
Here's my 2 deep - Correct me if I'm wrong about where some of these guys are from...

Offense:

Defense:

Special Team:

That looks well thought out but no love for Rhode Island.

Maroon&White
October 21st, 2005, 01:03 AM
That looks well thought out but no love for Rhode Island.

Haha yea, I just noticed that :o

Maroon&White
October 21st, 2005, 01:08 AM

Offense:

Defense:

Special Team:
RS Arel Gordon (Maine) / Jerell Jones (URI)

Richmond : 3
URI : 1

There, URI gets one - Jones with 299yds rushing, 109 rec., 488yds kick ret (22.2avg)

umassfan
October 21st, 2005, 01:13 AM
Using the UMass game is a perfect example of UNH's run and gun offense killin the D. Thanx for proving my point genious...we had 2 rushing yards on 3 attempts (true story). Do you know what that means. That means the D played essentially the entire game. I don't know many defenses in the country that can support an offense that only rushes the ball 3 times in a game. And I never downed Shannon James...he's on my fantasy team and I moved him to corner because I have so much confidence in his athletic ability. I realize I've wasted my time with you, I'm done repeating my point to you.
You do realize UNH had 12 rushes not 3 right? At least get your facts right.

DTSpider
October 21st, 2005, 07:25 AM

Offense:

Defense:

Special Team:

Wow. A lot of love for the Spiders. I like the two deep. It definitely gives a better picture. I'm surprised with Tutt at QB. Not because I don't think that he'd be a good choice (especially against a fast D) but just because he doesn't have "the numbers" of other players. Great list Maroon & White; very thoughtful of football knowledge and well distributed among the conference.

GannonFan
October 21st, 2005, 08:35 AM

Offense:

Defense:

Special Team:

I assume this is your projection for All-A10? If so, first of all, drop Mulhern from the list - he's done nothing to warrant All-A10 mention. And second, where praytell is Ricky Santos? He's only one of the best QB's in all of IAA and you have Tutt and Rascati ahead of him? Come on, you may not like UNH personally but Santos is the real deal.

Maroon&White
October 21st, 2005, 09:24 AM
I assume this is your projection for All-A10? If so, first of all, drop Mulhern from the list - he's done nothing to warrant All-A10 mention. And second, where praytell is Ricky Santos? He's only one of the best QB's in all of IAA and you have Tutt and Rascati ahead of him? Come on, you may not like UNH personally but Santos is the real deal.

Okay drop Mulhern - Jordan Manning (Towson) would do fine. On second thought about Baylark at RB, I might rather have Alvin Banks (JMU), or Nick Williams (Towson) instead. I think Baylarks #'s are down this year because of injuries to the offensive line, so that's why I had him.

I like dual threat QB's, thats why Santos isn't listed. I have nothing against him or UNH (my fav. game all year). He's a very good pocket passer but I like QB's who can also move around. Tutt's #'s might not be there this year, but I still like him. And if needed they can line Tutt up at WR :)

WMTribe90
October 21st, 2005, 09:36 AM
M&W,

Thanks for getting the thread back on track. Good two-deep, well distributed across the conference. One small correction, Jonas Watson from W&M is a DE and not a DT, but well deserving of inclusion regardless.

To all the homers, ad you know who you are, an all-conference team has to have at least one player from each team and no more than six or seven from any one team (two deep). Its the A10 and there are talented athletes on every roster.

Maroon&White
October 21st, 2005, 09:48 AM
Thanks for getting the thread back on track. Good two-deep, well distributed across the conference. One small correction, Jonas Watson from W&M is a DE and not a DT, but well deserving of inclusion regardless.

Thanks for the correction.

I know plenty of the OL are in the wrong spots, but I didn't feel like getting exactly a center,guard or tackle for both teams.

GannonFan
October 21st, 2005, 10:15 AM
Okay drop Mulhern - Jordan Manning (Towson) would do fine. On second thought about Baylark at RB, I might rather have Alvin Banks (JMU), or Nick Williams (Towson) instead. I think Baylarks #'s are down this year because of injuries to the offensive line, so that's why I had him.

I like dual threat QB's, thats why Santos isn't listed. I have nothing against him or UNH (my fav. game all year). He's a very good pocket passer but I like QB's who can also move around. Tutt's #'s might not be there this year, but I still like him. And if needed they can line Tutt up at WR :)

I still have to disagree with leaving Santos out - I like Tutt as much as the next guy, and he brings some intangible to that team, but he's not exactly Michael Vick out there. He's got 188 yards on 63 carries (2.98 avg). Santos has 97 yards on 39 carries (2.48 avg) and Rascati has 63 yards on 34 carries (1.85 avg). Santos runs when he has to and is actually a really decent scrambler. And then you have to look at the passing as well. Tutt, and again I like him, is still only a 49.5% completion passer - he's actually under 50%. That's terrible. Both Santos and Rascati are over the 70% completion range. That's a huge difference. And I'd argue that Santos means more to his team than either of the other two - Rascati plays in a run-dominated offense with a great defense and Tutt's team isn't all that great offensively but has a decent defense. Santos is UNH - without him they're back to sub-.500 seasons.

DB_Atlantic10
October 21st, 2005, 10:25 AM
I still have to disagree with leaving Santos out - I like Tutt as much as the next guy, and he brings some intangible to that team, but he's not exactly Michael Vick out there. He's got 188 yards on 63 carries (2.98 avg). Santos has 97 yards on 39 carries (2.48 avg) and Rascati has 63 yards on 34 carries (1.85 avg). Santos runs when he has to and is actually a really decent scrambler. And then you have to look at the passing as well. Tutt, and again I like him, is still only a 49.5% completion passer - he's actually under 50%. That's terrible. Both Santos and Rascati are over the 70% completion range. That's a huge difference. And I'd argue that Santos means more to his team than either of the other two - Rascati plays in a run-dominated offense with a great defense and Tutt's team isn't all that great offensively but has a decent defense. Santos is UNH - without him they're back to sub-.500 seasons.

FSU will kill a pocket QB... Marcus Hagans of UVA caused them problems, because he was never in the pocket and could get away from their above average speedly lineman....if Santos is a pocket QB, he will be toast.... I think the team should include a QB that can run and throw... a spread offense will not work against a super fast line and secondary, things would have to be mixed up a little..... especially when the rush in on and the WRs are covered...a running QB can just take off for a quick 10, not throw the ball away....

UNHknowledge
October 21st, 2005, 10:26 AM

Sants is great...but don't forget a guy named David Ball. UNH would def not be sub .500 without Santos. Its football not basketball, theres no way that one guy makes that much of a difference. Ball literally catches everything. Appreciate the respect for Santos though.

UNHknowledge
October 21st, 2005, 10:32 AM
You do realize UNH had 12 rushes not 3 right? At least get your facts right.

Only 3 rushes were carries by RB's...the others were QB scrambles, this I'm sure of. But hey...it's been a great debate and I'm glad to see you posted your own team and stopped getting on mine. I think your team would beat FSU as well as long as you get Tutt out of the #1 QB slot. No disrespect to Tutt but he's obviously not better than Santos or Riscotti. Just a small mistake on yout lineup...OL 'mike peterson' real name "Tucker Peterson". Best of luck to UMass...hopefully our D can prove itself that week on CN8 :) .

JMU Duke Dog
October 21st, 2005, 10:49 AM
I think your team would beat FSU as well as long as you get Tutt out of the #1 QB slot. No disrespect to Tutt but he's obviously not better than Santos or Riscotti.

RASCATI

Maroon&White
October 21st, 2005, 10:50 AM

I don't want a QB who can run well when he has to, I want a QB who can run. A lot of QB's are good at scrambling, but thats not what I want. For Tutt...

vs. UD
73yds rushing, 4.3 avg, 1 TD
16-25, 212 yds, 1 TD

vs. Nova
24yds, 2.0 avg, 1 TD
12-24, 199 yds, 2 TD

vs. Vandy
27yds, 5.4 avg
16-31, 250yds, 1 TD, 1 INT

vs. Maine
50yds, 2.4 avg, 1 TD
6-22, 168yds, 1 TD, 2 INT

His two worst games were his first one back at QB, Maine, and a game vs. a I-A team. You said how Tutt's team isn't that good offensively, couldn't that make a difference in his #'s too? Put him on a better offensive team and his #'s would probably rise. Better recievers, O-Line or RB and things can change quickly.

UNHknowledge
October 21st, 2005, 11:09 AM
RASCATI

Sorry for the mispelling...jus tryin to give the kid a lil respect, cut me some slack and stop grading papers. Its just a forum...don't waste a whole post on a spelling error, atleast throw somethin else in there with it.

Maroon&White
October 21st, 2005, 11:20 AM
Sorry for the mispelling...jus tryin to give the kid a lil respect, cut me some slack and stop grading papers. Its just a forum...don't waste a whole post on a spelling error, atleast throw somethin else in there with it.

Come on duke dog, at least correct all the mistakes.

Just, trying, little, It's, at least, something

rcny46
October 21st, 2005, 11:28 AM

Agreed.

UNHknowledge
October 21st, 2005, 11:43 AM
Maroon & white,

You obviously have a much greater hate for UNH than you have love for UMass. That is fine with me, just stop wasting posts. You're boring...You're boring the audience with nonsense.

UNHknowledge
October 21st, 2005, 11:45 AM
Agreed.

I've been reading your anti-UNH posts for far too long. Please take down the "UNH fan" heading. I would respect you so much more if your heading said "I hate UNH"

GannonFan
October 21st, 2005, 11:50 AM
I don't want a QB who can run well when he has to, I want a QB who can run. A lot of QB's are good at scrambling, but thats not what I want.

His two worst games were his first one back at QB, Maine, and a game vs. a I-A team. You said how Tutt's team isn't that good offensively, couldn't that make a difference in his #'s too? Put him on a better offensive team and his #'s would probably rise. Better recievers, O-Line or RB and things can change quickly.

I've seen Tutt play every year he's been at Richmond (which seems almost like a decade now) - and while he's a nice athlete, he's a very good runner (not great) and he's a below average passer. Regardless of who his receivers are he is inaccurate and not all that strong armed. If you swapped him and Santos I think Santos would really lift the Richmond offense whereas Tutt would struggle with UNH, and that's with Ball as a WR.

rcny46
October 21st, 2005, 02:02 PM
I've been reading your anti-UNH posts for far too long. Please take down the "UNH fan" heading. I would respect you so much more if your heading said "I hate UNH"

Sorry but I can't comply.I'm just being realistic,as opposed to your ridiculous claims that the Wildcats have a strong defense.Are you suggesting that I engage in your brand of overt homerism when I don't believe they are quite as good as people like you believe? I have never been critical of the coaching staff,individual players,or the performance of the team in regard to thair efforts in games played to date.I have simply said that IMO this team is to some extent overrrated,mainly because of the D and lack of depth in some areas.If you think that makes me a turncoat,then you need to grow up.I have been following this program for decades,and think I have as much knowledge regarding their fortunes,and hopes for their success as any fan.

UNHknowledge
October 21st, 2005, 02:13 PM
Sorry but I can't comply.I'm just being realistic,as opposed to your ridiculous claims that the Wildcats have a strong defense.Are you suggesting that I engage in your brand of overt homerism when I don't believe they are quite as good as people like you believe? I have never been critical of the coaching staff,individual players,or the performance of the team in regard to thair efforts in games played to date.I have simply said that IMO this team is to some extent overrrated,mainly because of the D and lack of depth in some areas.If you think that makes me a turncoat,then you need to grow up.I have been following this program for decades,and think I have as much knowledge regarding their fortunes,and hopes for their success as any fan.

You're so Bush League. Why are you such an Anti-homer. Every fan in the A10 respects UNH more than you. Please stop watching UNH football, or at least stop your criticism of them. This is the best team UNH has had since '94 so I don't know why this team brings so much negativity out of you.

bandl
October 21st, 2005, 02:23 PM
A good defense doesn't give up 42 points in a game...a decent defense doesn't even do that.

UNH's national ranks in I-AA
Total Defense-80th
Pass Defense-105th
Rush Defense-40th
Scoring Defense-31st

While there may be a few players on UNH defense that are worthy of all-conference, the UNH definitely does not deserve more than a few spots on the 1st or 2nd D. There are other players on better defensive teams that deserve those spots.

rcny46
October 21st, 2005, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=UNHknowledge]You're so Bush League. Why are you such an Anti-homer. Every fan in the A10 respects UNH more than you. Please stop watching UNH football, or at least stop your criticism of them. This is the best team UNH has had since '94 so I don't know why this team brings so much negativity out of you.[/QUOT

What's the use.Evidently,everything I've said has gone over your head.I am simply stating that I think this team is overrated vis-a-vis other top programs in 1-AA.If that's being negative,then I'm afraid you don't know what you are talking about.In order to be considered a "fan," is one required to just stand there waving a big banner while shouting rah,rah,rah,without having the option of calling a spade a spade?
BTW,if it's OK with you,I plan on continuing to attend all of their games in Durham,and as many road contests as possible.Thanks.

UNHknowledge
October 21st, 2005, 02:33 PM
A good defense doesn't give up 42 points in a game...a decent defense doesn't even do that.

UNH's national ranks in I-AA
Total Defense-80th
Pass Defense-105th
Rush Defense-40th
Scoring Defense-31st

While there may be a few players on UNH defense that are worthy of all-conference, the UNH definitely does not deserve more than a few spots on the 1st or 2nd D. There are other players on better defensive teams that deserve those spots.

Thanks for your research as if I didn't know the numbers already. In UNH's system, turnovers are key (which we lead the conference). This is my last post on this topic because you guys bore me with the same nonsense. Appreciate all the hate towards the UNH defense and all the hard work the kids have put in these last 2 1/2 years. This thread WAS a fantasy team right? I don't understand why everyone got so gung-ho about my team.

bandl
October 21st, 2005, 02:40 PM
This is my last post on this topic

That's fine. I don't mean to offend you, or your team. I respect UNH, but (and I think most people would agree) that is because of Santos and their passing offense. UNH has a good team with good potential the rest of the year, but their defense is not going to be the determining factor.

Since this was your last post on the topic, I'll leave it at that. :D

Maroon&White
October 21st, 2005, 03:50 PM
That's fine. I don't mean to offend you, or your team. I respect UNH, but (and I think most people would agree) that is because of Santos and their passing offense. UNH has a good team with good potential the rest of the year, but their defense is not going to be the determining factor.

:nod:

blukeys
October 21st, 2005, 06:25 PM
You're so Bush League. Why are you such an Anti-homer. Every fan in the A10 respects UNH more than you. Please stop watching UNH football, or at least stop your criticism of them. This is the best team UNH has had since '94 so I don't know why this team brings so much negativity out of you.

I think you are being overly harsh on your fellow UNH fan. You really need to go to some UD sites to see some real home team negaitivity.

As someone who has watched UNH since the 70'S (when a coach threatened to resign if UNH scheduled UD again) I can honestly say that UNH has had other good teams since '94. Teams that don't make the playoffs, especially in the A-10, can still be exceptional. In 2000 an exceptional UD team lost to UNH and the '03 UNH team lost by a missed field goal to one of the great I-AA champions of all time. A team can be very good and not have the W's and L's in the the very tough A-10.

You are quite right that most in the A-10 truly respect the UNH program. I have said on this board that McConnell has been my A-10 coach of the year every year since 2000 (I still wonder why there is so little support for the Wildcats in New Hampshire but that is a different matter).

However, the defense has never been the strong suit for UNH and even us A-10 admirers of UNH admit this important point. I believe that UNH is a contender for a NC this year due to a superior offense. All of I-AA is so wide open that anything can happen and a great offense can compensate for a so-so defense. Aknowledging the fact that the UNH defense is not a strong point for this team is a far cry from being a traitor to UNH. It is simply stating the obvious. Offense wins fans. Defense wins championships.

At Delaware the best teams have had good defenses but I truly believe that this is a year where anything can happen and the next 8 weeks are going to be truly fun to watch. Offense dictates how long the defense must be on the field and what kind of lead the defense must defend. Defense dictates where the offense gets the ball and how hard they must work to score. The two are interrelated and I think any combination can work.

jmuroller
October 21st, 2005, 06:41 PM
Knowledge,

You have absolutely no football knowledge if you think UNH has a good defensive team. I don't care what kind of offense you have. You can't outscore every team you play. Unless UNH finds some way to stop people, you don't stand a chance in the playoffs. Keep drinking the kool-aid you drink. Just don't come crying when UNH gets knocked out. It has, it is, and it always will be DEFENSE that wins championships. Also, don't give the "create turnovers" stuff either. Try that against JMU...and we will laugh at you. We have a high powered offense, we tend to play a little defense, and we don't turn the ball over.

TigerFan17
October 21st, 2005, 06:45 PM
These A-10 threads have gotten out of hand quickly as of late! :eek:

Well, it is late in the season...its time to get down and dirty.

Sam Adams
October 21st, 2005, 07:38 PM
Knowledge,

You have absolutely no football knowledge if you think UNH has a good defensive team. I don't care what kind of offense you have. You can't outscore every team you play. Unless UNH finds some way to stop people, you don't stand a chance in the playoffs. Keep drinking the kool-aid you drink. Just don't come crying when UNH gets knocked out. It has, it is, and it always will be DEFENSE that wins championships. Also, don't give the "create turnovers" stuff either. Try that against JMU...and we will laugh at you. We have a high powered offense, we tend to play a little defense, and we don't turn the ball over.

Did you happen to see last weeks JMU performance? JMU fumbled 3 times turned it over twice and it probably cost them the game.

jmuroller
October 21st, 2005, 07:46 PM
Did you happen to see last weeks JMU performance? JMU fumbled 3 times turned it over twice and it probably cost them the game.

You can't be serious? I'm sure the weather had nothing to do with that.

DB_Atlantic10
October 21st, 2005, 09:07 PM

Remember we are not allowed to mention that...as far as UMass is concerned it was a perfect game under normal conditions and they take full credit for the victory....

Sam Adams
October 21st, 2005, 09:13 PM

UMass played in the same weather. How many times did UMass turn the ball over? (answer: once via INT in the 1st half for JMU's only score)

JMU2004
October 21st, 2005, 09:33 PM
UMass played in the same weather. How many times did UMass turn the ball over? (answer: once via INT in the 1st half for JMU's only score)

actually, you are wrong there chief....not surprising

UMass had 2 ints

umassfan
October 21st, 2005, 10:20 PM
You can get the ball knocked out of your hands just as easy in dry weather as in wet conditions. If the ball sliped out of a guys hands and was fumbled that is a different story but thats not what happened on Sat.

Tod
October 21st, 2005, 10:30 PM
You can get the ball knocked out of your hands just as easy in dry weather as in wet conditions...

BS! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JMU2004
October 21st, 2005, 10:36 PM
You can get the ball knocked out of your hands just as easy in dry weather as in wet conditions. If the ball sliped out of a guys hands and was fumbled that is a different story but thats not what happened on Sat.

haha, did you honestly just say that???? have you even played football before?

wow....just wow.

Can we revoke posting priveleges for having no knowledge of the game?

umassfan
October 22nd, 2005, 01:40 AM
haha, did you honestly just say that???? have you even played football before?

wow....just wow.

Can we revoke posting priveleges for having no knowledge of the game?

Let me put a wet ball in your hands and let me put a dry ball in your hands... if you dont hold the ball right it will come out no matter what its like...

jmuroller
October 22nd, 2005, 08:04 AM
You UMass guys need to get over it. Why in the world do you think every post that doesn't say "UMass is great" is a negative post against you guys? We played last week in a complete mudpit. We only fumbled a few times and honestly I was surprised we didn't fumble more. Other than that we have only turned the ball over 4 times. That pretty much right there shows that we do not turn the ball over.

Massman, how you can you say that you can get the ball knocked out in dry weather just as easy as wet. Just in case you forgot, these players are in college. I'm pretty sure they know how to hold the ball properly.

DTSpider
October 22nd, 2005, 06:09 PM
I think that today showed why people like Tutt. Threw for 375 yards and 4 TDs with no interceptions. Also ran for 75 yards and a touchdown. Those numbers hardly do justice though to the plays he made with the phantom offensive lineplay. I'm not sure if he's better than Santos, but I'd pick him over Rascoti.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 22nd, 2005, 06:18 PM
The all-conference teams of the Socon, A10, and Gateway conferences could beat any team in IA by three or more touchdowns...

Tod
October 22nd, 2005, 06:27 PM
The all-conference teams of the Socon, A10, and Gateway conferences could beat any team in IA by three or more touchdowns...

And what, the Big Sky would lose? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Maroon&White
October 23rd, 2005, 07:52 PM
I think that today showed why people like Tutt. Threw for 375 yards and 4 TDs with no interceptions. Also ran for 75 yards and a touchdown. Those numbers hardly do justice though to the plays he made with the phantom offensive lineplay. I'm not sure if he's better than Santos, but I'd pick him over Rascoti.

:D

Yes, Tutt is pretty good.

UNHknowledge
October 23rd, 2005, 09:29 PM
Just noticed that UNH's "swiss cheese", "non-existant", or whatever you want to call it defense leads the A10 in turnovers 24 (Umass in 2nd, 18) and sacks 23. Last time I checked, the objective of the defense is to get the ball back to the offense and it looks like they're doing a pretty good job at it. In addition they are tied for 3rd in scoring defense (20 pt/gm) even after giving up 42 to W&M. This has all been done with starters only playing one half in 5 out of 7 games. So anybody that wants to continue to criticize the UNH defense can continue to do so, you just won't sound very knowledgeable.

umassfan
October 24th, 2005, 02:08 AM
Just noticed that UNH's "swiss cheese", "non-existant", or whatever you want to call it defense leads the A10 in turnovers 24 (Umass in 2nd, 18) and sacks 23. Last time I checked, the objective of the defense is to get the ball back to the offense and it looks like they're doing a pretty good job at it. In addition they are tied for 3rd in scoring defense (20 pt/gm) even after giving up 42 to W&M. This has all been done with starters only playing one half in 5 out of 7 games. So anybody that wants to continue to criticize the UNH defense can continue to do so, you just won't sound very knowledgeable.
But what about those first halfs that you looked like swiss cheese and non existant?

Sam Adams
October 24th, 2005, 02:34 AM
You can get the ball knocked out on a dry field just as easily as you can on a wet field. Mud does not create turnovers, poor ball handling creates fumbles. You have to hold onto the ball regardless of the weather you are playing in. Blaming the weather is lame.

Excuses are for poor sports and losers, I thought JMU fans were above that. The fact that JMU is still whining about playing a football game in the rain 2 Weeks later is hilarious. You lost, get over it Madison.