PDA

View Full Version : Pick Your Wins and Losses

TheValleyRaider
August 1st, 2008, 06:42 PM
It's August, so I think it's time to bust out this always-popular thread again

Rules (such as they are) are quite simple. Show us your schedule this year, and tell us which games you'll win and which one's your team will lose (because "we" win and "my team" loses :D )

Let's see if we can exceed last year's thread in predicting more than 3 losing seasons :p xsmiley_wix

ericsaid
August 1st, 2008, 06:58 PM
LSU:35-24 L
Jacksonville:52-7 W
James Madison:38-34 W
Presby: 45-10 W
El Cid:42-31 W
Samford:48-14 W
GSU:31-28 W
Furman:45-24 W
Wofford:48-31 W
Chatty:63-14 W
Elon:41-35 L
WCU:49-24 W

Playoff run to atleast the Semi's.

IMO

ASU88
August 1st, 2008, 07:25 PM
LSU: L
Jacksonville: W
JMU: L
Presby: W
citadel: W
Samford: W
GSU: W
Furman: W
Wofford: W
Chatty: W
Elon: W
WCU: W

I really can't imagine that we'll go through the SoCon without a loss, but I couldn't find an individual game to put an "L" next to. We have Wofford, Furman, citadel and Elon at home. And I think GSU will drop a notch or two from last year.

Probably at least one of those games we won't play well and could lose, but I'm going optimistic!

CID1990
August 1st, 2008, 07:25 PM
LSU:35-24 L
Jacksonville:52-7 W
James Madison:38-34 W
Presby: 45-10 W
El Cid:42-31 W
Samford:48-14 W
GSU:31-28 W
Furman:45-24 W
Wofford:48-31 W
Chatty:63-14 W
Elon:41-35 L
WCU:49-24 W

IMO

So you are going to allow Elon to score more points against you than LSU, and lose by a similar spread?

crusader11
August 1st, 2008, 07:35 PM
UMASS: 42-41 Win
Harvard: 21-17 Win
Georgetown: 48-14 Win
Yale: 20-10 Loss
Brown: 35-24 Win
Dartmouth: 40-20 Win
Lehigh: 27-20 Win
Bucknell: 31-10 Win
Fordham: 28-24 Win
Lafayette: 34-30 Win
Colgate: 21-17 Loss
Make it to the Quarterfinals of the Playoffs

Skjellyfetti
August 1st, 2008, 07:36 PM
So you are going to allow Elon to score more points against you than LSU, and lose by a similar spread?

Post your predictions so we can poke holes in it.

I would post mine... but there's no way I can predict JMU-ASU right now with any confidence whatsoever.

ASU88
August 1st, 2008, 07:40 PM
... but there's no way I can predict JMU-ASU right now with any confidence whatsoever.

That is a tough one. I must admit to being a little concerned about that one since it's in their house and you just KNOW they are going to be out for revenge in a big way.

I'd call it a toss-up, but I put it down as an "L."

Poor Presby being caught in the middle of LSU and JMU!

TexasTerror
August 1st, 2008, 07:44 PM
Notes: Believe we'll split UCA/McNeese and will just go with McNeese because it's in Huntsville. SHSU is the UCA homecoming...Nicholls State is always tough at their place and I figure we'll drop one unexpected game, so that's it.

East Central Oklahoma - WIN
Prairie View A&M - WIN (closer than many think)
at Kansas - LOSS
at Gardner-Webb - WIN
at Central Arkansas - LOSS
McNeese State - WIN
at Northwestern State - WIN (just not convinced)
Stephen F Austin - WIN (why wouldn't we?)
at Nicholls State - LOSS
Southeastern Louisiana - WIN
Texas State - San Marcos - WIN

8-3 record. Border-line for the playoffs. Depends how the Big Sky looks and if SHSU is #2 in the SLC standings.

CID1990
August 1st, 2008, 07:47 PM
Webber International - If they score a TD, it's gonna be a long year. W 54-0

clempson - The tigers might be a top ten team this year, but they are going to come in flat off of the Bama game and will be looking forward. L 38-28.

Princeton - Higgins' staff has a lot of Ivy League experience and will be familiar with Princeton. W 35-13

WCU - Gave us a comeback scare last year, and the new chief will havre them hungry. Home field advantage saves the day. W 28-21

ASU - We ain't there yet, but Boone gets a taste of who is going to be their big game in 2009. L 42-35

Elon - Gonna be another one that goes undecided into the 4th quarter. This might be Elon's best chance to beat El Cid while they still have Hudgins on board, but still no dice. W 35-24

vermin - They underachieved in 2007 and are underrated in 2008. The Purple Paladins will be out for revenge, and will get it if their defense steps up. L 27-17.

Samford - Might as well have picked ASU for your homecoming. W 45-17.

GSU - Good thing it isn't a long bus trip back to Statesboro. Without JF in 2007, it would have been a 2 TD win for the Dogs. Without him in 2008 and playing in JHS, it's a 3 TD win for the dogs. W 31-10.

Wofford - This is the year to get the monkey off our backs, but I think Ayers and Co. are sandbagging. L 24-21.

UTC - The Mocs are going to be about as good as they were last year. The question is, will they lay down for us again, or will the team that went to Statesboro and Boone be the one that shows up at JHS? Home field carries the day in a shootout. W 42-35.

Florida - We'll play it safe with the playoffs in the picture, and so will Tebow and Co. L 54-21.

I think we'll be a good playoff team, but we'll get the at-large bid and will be shown no respect as always and will likely be seeded at or near the bottom. Maybe we'll get another crack at ASU. I say that we will get an at-large bid because Wofford will have more conference losses, and we will be tied for 2nd with Furman.

CID1990
August 1st, 2008, 07:48 PM
Post your predictions so we can poke holes in it.

I would post mine... but there's no way I can predict JMU-ASU right now with any confidence whatsoever.

Hey, I just think that it is more likely that you will destroy Elon than play LSU to less than a 2 TD loss. (But both could happen)

TbonZach
August 1st, 2008, 08:10 PM
Austin Peay - W
Central Connecticut State - W
at Wyoming - L
at Youngstown State - W
Southern Illinois - L
Western Illinois - W
at Northern Iowa - L
at Illinois State - W
Indiana State - W
at Missouri State - W
South Dakota State - W

Into at least the semi-finals.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 1st, 2008, 08:16 PM

So? Western Carolina, Wofford, GSU, Eastern Washington, and Richmond all scored more against them than Michigan did. What's your point?

As far as my predictions for GSU, it goes like this...

We lose to UGA by 17

We win all of the following games:
Northeastern
Austin Peay
Samford

We win three of the following games
Furman
UT Chatty
Western Carolina
Wofford

We win two of the following games:
Appalachian State
Elon
The Citadel

two conferences losses gives us a decent chance to be at least co-champs. I don't think even App. will get by with less than 2 SoCon losses.

g-webb1994
August 1st, 2008, 08:44 PM
at Tennessee Tech. - L
TUSCULUM - W
at Austin Peay - L
SAM HOUSTON STATE - W
at Charleston Southern - W
at Georgia Tech. - L
PRESBYERTIAN - W
VMI (HC) - W
at Stony Brook - L
COASTAL CAROLINA - L
at Liberty - L

5-6 overall, 3-3 Big South

We upset Sam Houston due to the week off beforehand.

We lose to Stony Brook after overlooking them.

We crap out against the OVC as well.

93henfan
August 1st, 2008, 08:46 PM
Delaware

@Maryland - L
West Chester - W
@Furman - W
Albany - W
@UMass - L
Maine - W
William & Mary - W
@Hofstra - W
@JMU - L
Towson - W
@Richmond - W
Villanova - W

This has UD at 9-3, but my gut says 8-4. I think we will drop one to either Furman, Richmond, or 'Nova, though I don't know which.

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 1st, 2008, 09:14 PM
@Elon - W
@UVA - L
Towson - W
Maine - W
@Nova - L
VMI - W
@Umass - L
JMU - W
Gtown - W
@Hofstra - W
UD - W
@WM - W

9-3.

I'm hoping we split the Nova, Umass, JMU, UD games.

Consiering the schedule, I think 8-4 would still get us into the playoffs.

ASU88
August 1st, 2008, 09:17 PM
Richmond at Elon will be an interesting start to the season.

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 1st, 2008, 09:31 PM
Richmond at Elon will be an interesting start to the season.

Agreed. If we lose, we essentially go to Charlottesville on 9/6 in a must-win situation. I'd like to avoid that!

Reign of Terrier
August 1st, 2008, 09:37 PM
I see Wofford's season playing out something like this.

Games we should win:
PC, CSU, chatt, western, stamford

we should win at least 1 of these 3:
App, Elon, USCxthumbsupx

we should win at least 2 of these 3:
Furman, Citadel, GSU

I can't say exactly who we'll beat but nothing less than 7-4 or 8-3....We could POSSIBLY go 11-0 but let's not jump the gun.;)

FCS Go!
August 1st, 2008, 09:58 PM
Griz:

at Cal Poly L
Southern Utah W
UC Davis W
Central Washington W
at Weber State W
at Eastern Washington L
Sacramento State W
at Northern Colorado W
Northern Arizona W
at Portland State W
Idaho State W
Montana State W

I think Cal Poly, Weber, E Washington, Portland St & Montana St are close games (<7pts). The rest are "comfortable" wins. A lot of home games down the stretch and our guaranteed 1st round game should get the Griz to at least the 2nd round and we could even get a seed if CAA, MV, OVC and Southland have multiple loss conference champs.

Maroons
August 1st, 2008, 10:20 PM
EKU in 2008 - I'd like to think we enter the playoffs 10-1 but I'm going to step back and predict based upon who will be favored in each game.

8/28 at Cincinnati L
9/6 Western Kentucky L
9/13 Morehead State W
9/20 at Tennessee State W
9/27 Austin Peay W
10/4 at Tennessee Tech W
10/11 Jacksonville State L
10/25 Eastern Illinois W
11/1 at Southeast Missouri W
11/15 Murray State W
11/22 at UT Martin W

8-3, second in the OVC and on the bubble for a playoff berth. Even though WKU is at home and the game should be a tight one, they will be the favorites and an EKU win would be an upset... but really, I don't think anyone would be surprised if the Colonels prevail. I picked JSU to win in Richmond because the road team has prevailed in each of the previous four meetings and JSU should be good this year. EKU could easily lose another game with all of the variables in play this season (new coaches, inexperience at O-Line and Linebackers) but I am expecting tradition to carry us to a strong finish.

FCS Go!
August 1st, 2008, 10:24 PM
EKU in 2008 - I'd like to think we enter the playoffs 10-1 but I'm going to step back and predict based upon who will be favored in each game.

8/28 at Cincinnati L
9/6 Western Kentucky L
9/13 Morehead State W
9/20 at Tennessee State W
9/27 Austin Peay W
10/4 at Tennessee Tech W
10/11 Jacksonville State L
10/25 Eastern Illinois W
11/1 at Southeast Missouri W
11/15 Murray State W
11/22 at UT Martin W

8-3, second in the OVC and on the bubble for a playoff berth. Even though WKU is at home and the game should be a tight one, they will be the favorites and an EKU win would be an upset... but really, I don't think anyone would be surprised if the Colonels prevail. I picked JSU to win in Richmond because the road team has prevailed in each of the previous four meetings and JSU should be good this year. EKU could easily lose another game with all of the variables in play this season (new coaches, inexperience at O-Line and Linebackers) but I am expecting tradition to carry us to a strong finish.

That looks like one FCS loss to me. Thats not a bubble team if you're in an autobid conference.

CID1990
August 1st, 2008, 11:19 PM
So? Western Carolina, Wofford, GSU, Eastern Washington, and Richmond all scored more against them than Michigan did. What's your point?

As far as my predictions for GSU, it goes like this...

We lose to UGA by 17

We win all of the following games:
Northeastern
Austin Peay
Samford

We win three of the following games
Furman
UT Chatty
Western Carolina
Wofford

We win two of the following games:
Appalachian State
Elon
The Citadel

two conferences losses gives us a decent chance to be at least co-champs. I don't think even App. will get by with less than 2 SoCon losses.

If you had bothered to read the thread, you would have seen this:

Hey, I just think that it is more likely that you will destroy Elon than play LSU to less than a 2 TD loss. (But both could happen)

That was my point.

http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/flame-insults/10/mofoyh4au3.gif (http://www.funnyforumpics.com)

katstrapper
August 1st, 2008, 11:36 PM
E. Central Oklahoma..........W
Prarie View Univ................W
Kansas.............................L
Gardner Webb....................L
Central ARk........................L
McNeese St........................W
NW State...........................L
SFA...................................W
Nicholls St...........................L
SE Louisiana.........................W
Tx State..............................W

6-5, another mediocre year for Whitten, and with Bomar at the helm. Might cost him his job.xcoffeex

MSUfan2010
August 1st, 2008, 11:41 PM
Head says we will do:

Washburn--W
@Ok State--L
@SEMO--W
WIU--L
YSU--L
@ISU(red)--W
SIU--W
@SDSU--L
@UNI--L
NDSU--L
@ISU(blue)--W

Heart says we can do:

Washburn--W
@Ok State--L
@SEMO--W
WIU--L
YSU--W
@ISU(Red)--W
SIU--W
@SDSU--W
@UNI--L
NDSU--L
@ISU(blue)--W

4-7, 7-4, or somewhere in between.

813Jag
August 2nd, 2008, 06:24 AM
8/30 at Houston L
9/6 at Tennessee State W (Toss up last year's game was close and it'll be interesting to see how the team responds to the first game)
9/13 Mississippi Valley W
9/27 at Alcorn W
10/4 at Jackson State L (another toss up, they've had our number lately and we always seem to drop one at midseason)
10/11 Texas Southern W
10/18 Florida A&M W (could go either way, with the Rattlers having a new coach)
10/25 at Prairie View W
11/1 Arkansas Pine Bluff W
11/15 at (Mobile) Alabama State W
11/29 (New Orleans) Grambling W (It's the classic even if we were horrible I wouldn't pick Grambling to win xlolx )

So my prediciton is 9-2, with the toss ups it could be anywhere from 10-1 to 7-4

danefan
August 2nd, 2008, 07:04 AM
8/30 @ UMass L
9/13 @ Hofstra W
9/20 @ UNH L
9/27 @ Delaware L
10/4 @ Duquense W
10/11 vs. Central Ct. W
10/18 @ Sacred Heart W
10/25 vs. St. Francise W
11/1 vs. Monmouth W
11/8 @ Robert Morris W
11/15 vs. Wagner W

8-3 and on the outside looking in yet again.

I think there is a possibility we can pick off either Delaware or UNH. Not likely, but its possible.

I also think Duquense is a trap game. Coming off what could be the toughest opening 4 games in all of FCS all on the road, and then having to travel again to Pittsburgh to play Duquense, a team UA hasn't played since the ECAC bowl in 2004.

So we could end up 7-4 or 9-2.

9-2 with a win over UNH or Delaware may get us an at-large (depending on how everything else shakes out).

Thundar
August 2nd, 2008, 07:13 AM
Austin Peay - W
Central Connecticut State - W
at Wyoming - L
at Youngstown State - W
Southern Illinois - W
Western Illinois - W
at Northern Iowa - L
at Illinois State - W
Indiana State - W
at Missouri State - W
South Dakota State - W

YSU is the only other possibilty for a loss , I see a close game!

813Jag
August 2nd, 2008, 07:13 AM
8/30 @ UMass L
9/13 @ Hofstra W
9/20 @ UNH L
9/27 @ Delaware L
10/4 @ Duquense W
10/11 vs. Central Ct. W
10/18 @ Sacred Heart W
10/25 vs. St. Francise W
11/1 vs. Monmouth W
11/8 @ Robert Morris W
11/15 vs. Wagner W

8-3 and on the outside looking in yet again.

I think there is a possibility we can pick off either Delaware or UNH. Not likely, but its possible.

I also think Duquense is a trap game. Coming off what could be the toughest opening 4 games in all of FCS all on the road, and then having to travel again to Pittsburgh to play Duquense, a team UA hasn't played since the ECAC bowl in 2004.

So we could end up 7-4 or 9-2.

9-2 with a win over UNH or Delaware may get us an at-large (depending on how everything else shakes out).
How did you guys get 5 road games in a row?

danefan
August 2nd, 2008, 07:22 AM
How did you guys get 5 road games in a row?

Our Athletic Department screwed up.

They thought they had scheduled Fordham at home on 9/6, but Fordham had scheduled Rhode Island for that day.

Sucks for the players.

813Jag
August 2nd, 2008, 07:24 AM
Our Athletic Department screwed up.

They thought they had scheduled Fordham at home on 9/6, but Fordham had scheduled Rhode Island for that day.

Sucks for the players.
That's rough.

LarryBoy
August 2nd, 2008, 07:29 AM
Wins: Mars Hill, Delaware, Colgate, The Citadel, Wofford, Western Carolina, Chatt, Georgia Southern, Samford

Losses: Virginia Tech, App, Elon

Hood
August 2nd, 2008, 07:39 AM
09/04/08 at New Mexico State W (playing against a pass happy offense and our DBs should be stacked. Plus if we keep the ball away from them by grinding it out we should win by a small margin)

09/13/08 vs. Bowie State W (No reason to play our starters too long against a D-II squad that went 3-7 last year. But then again we might need to give them the reps to prepare for Memphis. Could be a blow out.)

09/20/08 at Memphis L (I'm taking vacation and driving to this game so I hope I'm wrong and we pull off the upset.)

10/02/08 at UNI L (I think the guys are going to just be too beat for this game. Granted, it's nearly a 2 week stretch b/t Memphis and UNI so I could be wrong and the Colonels invade Cedar Rapids and slaughter the Panthers. I predict a close game against an FCS power though.)

10/11/08 at Northwestern State W (Like I'm going to predict anything else against a rival? I don't think we'll drub them 58-0 again, especially since this game will be in their house, but a nice 31-21 win would be nice).

10/18/08 vs. Stephen F. Austin W (The Lumberjacks are so unpredictable. I felt bad for them last year then we only beat an 0 for the season team by 1 point!!!!)

10/25/08 at Mcneese State W (They ARE beatable...the problem is this game will be in the Hole. They'll be coming off a tough game against Rhett Bomar's Bearkats so who knows what can happen until the teams take the field. I think this game will also be close.)

11/01/08 vs. Central Arkansas L (Nathan Brown is just insanely talented. If they have shored up their defense even a bit then they'll probably run the table. That said, they're coming to Thibodaux though. Maybe that Bayou heat will get to them.)

11/08/08 vs. Sam Houston State W (Welcome to Thibodaux Mr. Bomar. Remember when you got hurt last year? That was an accident. The Colonel fans wanted you in the game all four quarters for no excuses. Oh we still lost and all, but this year will be different. It's not going to come down to 2 missed field goals. Colonels win, big...I hope. If not I salute the kid and bid him well into the NFL since I'll have no further reasons to boo him, ha.)

11/15/08 at Texas State W (52 points last yearat home. This year we're going over there. So we'll probably have a closer game like in 2006. So I'll credit them 3 touchdowns and call it a 38-28 Colonel victory.)

11/22/08 vs. Southeastern Louisiana L (I really really want to call a win here. Jay Lucas is to the running back position in the SLC that Nathan Brown is to the QB position, in my eyes. That man ran up and down the field last year on us. Thing is the rest of the Lions squad is respectable but not impressive, for me. Still, a very underachieving Lion squad showed up and played VERY well last year for a major rivalry game and took us to task in the 3rd and fourth quarters. By the time we play them they'll have basically a whole other season of experience under their belts. If we can stack the line and not get burned by Babin, we *should* win, but for a preseason shot in the dark pick, I'm calling it a loss, right now.)

Either way it'll be a fun season for me.

furman94
August 2nd, 2008, 09:44 AM
Mars Hill: Mars Hill is to Furman as Lenoir Rhyne is to App St. (BIG) W
Delaware: I don't know what to think of the Hens, but we do good against CAA at home, we find a way to win late. (this could go either way) W
Colgate: Hopefully Hofstra was a lesson last year, but we've shown that we don't do well above the Mason Dixon. (either way) L
The Citadel: REVENGE GAME! Pissed Paladins come into PalStad and look for some blood that they get W
Wofford: I'm optimistic about this game. Even though Wofford is a "High-Roller" now, we look for some terrier blood and win at Gibbs in a game that has playoff berth written all over it W
Western Carolina: New Coach, New Program... Not quite yet Cantamounts! W
Chatt: Chatty always plays well against my Dins: a close game in Nooga last year, and an OT game in 06. Closer than we'd like, but we get a W
Georgia Southern: Southern! This year is the 20th Anniv of our NC, where we played GS for the second time. I see this as a renewal of the NC in 1988, with Southern looking for revenge that they don't get. Paladins will W
Samford: Samford may get one win from the Socon in 08, but it won't be the Dins. Furman wins at Samford. W
Virginia Tech: Top 25 team, Enter Sandman. ACC Champs. Furman plays GREAT against FBS teams. We play it closer than the Hokies would like, but lose L
App:App is App. Furman wants it BAD, after last year's last second int that should have been a TD. I don't see a blow out, but I don't see us winning yet either. Maybe we catch'um in the Playoffs, like we caught Marsha in 1988 xcoolx L
Elon: Elon is not Eloan anymore. They want revenge from last year's game, and every other game from the past, but Furman always plays good at Rhodes, and I think Elon overlooks us. Furman will W

We are BACK in the Playoffs at 8-3 or 7-4. I'm not saying anything after that, except the road to Chatty goes THROUGH Boone xsmiley_wix !

Houndawg
August 2nd, 2008, 09:56 AM
8/30 @ UMass L
9/13 @ Hofstra W
9/20 @ UNH L
9/27 @ Delaware L

Coming off what could be the toughest opening 4 games in all of FCS all on the road....

Ouch. We've got a brutal first four too, but two are at home.

Hampton (6 FBS xfers, 4 from SEC), @Northwestern (Big 10), UNI, @NDSU (homecoming)

We could both be 0-4 before we get our chin straps on.

carney2
August 2nd, 2008, 09:59 AM
LAFAYETTE:

@ Marist W - Should not be competitive
Georgetown W - A habitual pick
Penn L - Could go either way
Harvard L - A very good Harvard team
@ Columbia W - Another habitual pick
@ Liberty L - A team on a mission gets a must win at home
@ Fordham W - Pard defense doesn't get torched again
@ Colgate L - Yet another team the Pards never beat
@ Bucknell W - Always seem to have the Buffaloes number
Holy Cross W - Stop Randolph; stop the 'saders
Lehigh W - Coen still can't get it together for #144

7-4, tied for 1st in Patriot League

ATrain
August 2nd, 2008, 10:04 AM
North Greenville-W
Glenville State-W
@WCU-W
@YSU-L
@Coastal-W
Stony Brook-W
Lafayette-W
CSU-W
@ Presby-W
@ VMI-W
Gardner Webb-W
Elon-L

Make it to playoff quarterfinals

appfan2008
August 2nd, 2008, 10:10 AM
Loss to LSU, and either GSU or JMU but not both for a 9-2 record and home field throughout

csubuccaneers
August 2nd, 2008, 10:12 AM
@ Miami-loss
Wofford-loss
@ Miami University-loss
North Greenville-win
Gardner Webb-loss
@ Savannah-win
@ Stony Brook-win
@ Liberty-loss
VMI- win
Presbyterian-win
Edward Waters- win
@ Coastal Carolina- not sure yetxrolleyesx

dlsiouxfan
August 2nd, 2008, 11:09 AM
Texas A&M- Kingsville- Win
St. Cloud State- Win
UW-Lacrosse- Win
@Idaho State- Win
@Southeastern Louisiana- Win
Western Washington- Win
@ UC Davis- Loss
@ Southern Illinois- Loss
Southern Utah- Win
@South Dakota- Win

8-2 overall. Not the toughest schedule but the best we could probably put together in our first season of FCS competition.

Tealblood
August 2nd, 2008, 11:13 AM
Coastal

@ Penn St--L--hope for good showing
Colgate--W--don't know but we play well at home
@Monmouth--W--if we are what I hope we are
Towson--W--same as Colgate
@NC A&T--W--I hope
Liberty--W--title returns to conway
@VMI--W--keydets haven't found it yet
NC Central--W--if we are what we can be
Stony Brook--W--hopefully we are playing well
@Gardner-Webb--W--this is a worry game for me
@PC--W--we totally f'ed it up last year--revenge
Chuck Sud--W--yeah I'm worried about thisxlolx

Tealblood
August 2nd, 2008, 11:18 AM
that is a little too optimistic I am afraid let me adjust

Tealblood
August 2nd, 2008, 11:25 AM
wins I feel really good about

@NC A&T--W
@Monmouth--W
@VMI--W
@PC--W
NC Central--W
Chuck Sud--W

6-0

I hope to win 2 out of 3

@Gardner-Webb
Towson
Colgate

8-1

I hope for a split
Liberty
Stony Brook

9-2

sure loss

@Penn St

9-3

The Cats
August 2nd, 2008, 11:35 AM
Looks like EVERYONE (including Samford and PC) that has Western on their schedule has marked us as a "sure" win.

I'm sure that this is just what Wagner wants all you guys to think.... Go ahead and mark the Cats down as a W - no need to even play the game....

Eight Legger
August 2nd, 2008, 11:40 AM
@Elon - W
@UVA - W
Towson - W
Maine - W
@Nova - L
VMI - W
@Umass - L
JMU - W
Gtown - W
@Hofstra - W
UD - W
@WM - W

10-2

Sly Fox
August 2nd, 2008, 11:45 AM
That seemed a little more reasonable, Tealblood.

Here's my take on Liberty ...

W North Greenville
W Glenville State
W @ Western Carolina
L @ Youngstown State
L @ Coastal Carolina
W Stony Brook
W Lafayette
W Charleston Southern (Homecoming)
W @ Presbyterian
W @ VMI
W Gardner-Webb
W Elon

Call me loony, but I see a 10-2 or 9-3 season if we lose to Elon. Frankly we have the ability to win every game on the schedule. But we will be clear underdogs against YSU & Elon. Winning 1 of 2 seems realistic. And even though I see CCU as a very winnable game for us down in Conway, it seems like a likely place for the inevitable trip-up. I doubt CCU gets through conference unscathed so I see a co-champs scenario if we do fall at Brooks.

APPALACHIANstate
August 2nd, 2008, 11:46 AM
LSU - W
Jacksonville - W
James Madison - W
Presby - W
El Cid - W
Samford - W
GSU - W
Furman - W
Wofford - W
Chatty - W
Elon - W
WCU - W
USC - W
UF - W
New England - W
NFC - W
AFC - W

citdog
August 2nd, 2008, 11:50 AM
That seemed a little more reasonable, Tealblood.

Here's my take on Liberty ...

W North Greenville
W Glenville State
W @ Western Carolina
L @ Youngstown State
L @ Coastal Carolina
W Stony Brook
W Lafayette
W @ Presbyterian
W @ VMI
W Gardner-Webb
W Elon

Call me loony, but I see a 10-2 or 9-3 season if we lose to Elon. Frankly we have the ability to win every game on the schedule. But we will be clear underdogs against YSU & Elon. Winning 1 of 2 seems realistic. And even though I see CCU as a very winnable game for us down in Conway, it seems like a likely place for the inevitable trip-up. I doubt CCU gets through conference unscathed so I see a co-champs scenario if we do fall at Brooks.

you're as crazy as the fat charlatan who founded your school

HiHiYikas
August 2nd, 2008, 11:51 AM
Looks like EVERYONE (including Samford and PC) that has Western on their schedule has marked us as a "sure" win.

I'm sure that this is just what Wagner wants all you guys to think.... Go ahead and mark the Cats down as a W - no need to even play the game....
Somebody needs to make up some kind of a "we like being the underdog, keep thinking you'll destroy us, you guys don't even need to show up" emoticon to keep posters from having to type out this tired old cliche 500 times each season.

bjtheflamesfan
August 2nd, 2008, 12:00 PM
The gutsy maverick in me see it like this:

W North Greenville
W Glenville State
W @ Western Carolina
W @ Youngstown State
W @ Coastal Carolina
W Stony Brook
W Lafayette
W @ Presbyterian
W @ VMI
W Gardner-Webb
W Elon

Now the more sensible side of me sees it like this:

W North Greenville
W Glenville State
W @ Western Carolina
L @ Youngstown State
W @ Coastal Carolina
W Stony Brook
L Lafayette
W @ Presbyterian
W @ VMI
W Gardner-Webb
* Elon (toss up)

Id say that 10-2 is the sensible way of looking at it, although Elon could go either way

The Cats
August 2nd, 2008, 12:02 PM
Somebody needs to make up some kind of a "we like being the underdog, keep thinking you'll destroy us, you guys don't even need to show up" emoticon to keep posters from having to type out this tired old cliche 500 times each season.

Wanna show me the other 499 times this "cliche" was posted this by Western fans season ??? xwhistlex xoopsx

Sly Fox
August 2nd, 2008, 12:03 PM
you're as crazy as the fat charlatan who founded your school

Care to elaborate? Oh I forgot, its just you.

APPALACHIANstate
August 2nd, 2008, 12:03 PM
Wanna show me the other 499 times this "cliche" was posted this by Western fans season ??? xwhistlex xoopsx

It wasn't directed at just WCU fans...

I have seen it MANY times.

citdog
August 2nd, 2008, 12:05 PM
Care to elaborate? Oh I forgot, its just you.

y'all sure as hell aren't going to beat Elon....and Western will probably beat you as well....you're in a second rate Conference.....those theams are not

ericsaid
August 2nd, 2008, 12:06 PM

Western Carolina, Eastern Washington, GSU, Elon, Richmond, scored at or above how many points richmond scored last season, so yes.

Hoseinexile07
August 2nd, 2008, 12:11 PM
@ Wofford: L 40-21
vs. Fayetteville State: W 51-21
@ Elon: ???
vs. Western Carolina: W 40-35
@ App: L 51-20
vs. North Greenville: W 40-30
vs. NCCU: W 35-17
@ Gardner-Webb: W 35-28
vs. Liberty: L 47-20
@ Charleston Southern: W 35-24
vs. Coastal Carolina: ???
@ VMI: 40-24

7-5/6-6/5-7

I think we'll hover around .500 any way you slice it.

cowbellnation
August 2nd, 2008, 12:25 PM
Iowa State - L
Youngstown State (Cereal Bowl) - W
Western Illinois (Beef Bowl) - W
Northern Iowa - L
Stephan F. Austin - W
McNeese State (Hobo Day) - W
Cal Poly (Hobo Day Hangover) - L
Indiana State - W
Missouri State - W
Illinois State - W
Southern Illinois - W
North Dakota State - W

9-3 Should put us in the Playoffs

Henwatcher
August 2nd, 2008, 12:28 PM
@Maryland-L Heyward-Bey catches 3 TD passes.
West Chester-W UD wins by at least 2 TDs over improving Rams.
@Furman-L UD starts slow + down home cookin' gets 'em.
Albany-W Hens struggle again, but they pull out a close one.
@UMass-L The days of UD owning UMass are over.
Maine-W Hens start a 3 game winning streak.
W&M-W UD wins a high scoring shootout.
@Hofstra-W Hens get their only road win of the year.
@JMU-L JMU continues a very successful season.
Towson-W UD pulls out a close one over the Tigers.
@Richmond-L Vaughan has a huge day in a big win for UR.
Villanova-L Stinkin' 'nova gets one up on UD in this rivalry.

My fellow Hen fans won't like it, but there it is folks. A 6-6 record for UD in 2008. Just tellin' it like it is...er, ah, well, like it will be.

CopperCat
August 2nd, 2008, 12:54 PM
Adams State: No problem, big W (3 TDs or more)
Kansas State: Cats will be going to school for this one L
Minnesota: They probably remember NDSU all too well, so the Cats might keep it close L (10 pts or less)
South Dakota: First game back after the bye/playing two FBS teams in a row, Cats should find some rhythm in this one W
Idaho State: ISU is nothing special, gives me no reason to believe it will be close W
Weber State: homecoming, yet this game still scares me, but I'll predict the W
EWU: I've had it with EWU, and I'm sure the team has as well. Ash finds a way to stop the passing game, Cats win by a field goal W
Sac St: W
UNC: Nobody will forget last season, UNC has another thing coming W
NAU: Lately MSU has had NAU's number, but this is an away game and NAU has some solid players L
PSU: home game right before Cat/Griz, Cats look to build some momentum, big crowd on hand W
UM: This could be one of the closest Cat/Griz games ever. I won't give the edge to either team at this point, so I'll leave that one for now. W/L?

That leaves MSU at either 8-4 or 9-3, depending on the Brawl. The EWU game is the other game that holds the key for MSU's postseason ambitions. Only 4 short weeks until we start this madness. I can't wait.....xnodx

HiHiYikas
August 2nd, 2008, 01:05 PM
Clearly, I'm not only talking about Western fans. Look around a bit, you'll see what I mean.

Just do a search for any FCS thread containing the word "prediction" in the title. Peruse the posts in any such thread, and you will invariably see sentiments like these.

"We like being considered underdogs."

"I guess we shouldn't even show up, since a one-sided game is a foregone conclusion."

"Go ahead and keep looking past us."

Sentiments overused to the point of losing any force or novelty; overused to the point of becoming totally predictable. In other words, cliché.

Screamin_Eagle174
August 2nd, 2008, 02:56 PM
LSU - W
Jacksonville - W
James Madison - W
Presby - W
El Cid - W
Samford - W
GSU - W
Furman - W
Wofford - W
Chatty - W
Elon - W
WCU - W
USC - W
UF - W
New England - W
NFC - W
AFC - W

You forgot one.
Dan's Ego Community College For The Intellectually Inept @ Reality Check University: L
xrulesx xlolx xthumbsupx

In other news, how EWU's season will most-likely fold out:
08/30/08 @ Texas Tech L
09/06/08 @ Colorado L (This one will be close I think)
09/20/08 Western Washington W
09/27/08 Idaho State W
10/04/08 @ Portland State W
10/11/08 Montana W Griz are always tough, but EWU pulls through at home
10/18/08 @ Montana State W Couldn't stop the pass last year, no reason to believe they can do it this year. Daly is only one man.
11/01/08 Sacramento State W
11/08/08 @ Northern Colorado W
11/15/08 Northern Arizona W I'm going to go with the W since it's at home, but I think NAU has the greatest chance of the upset
11/22/08 @ Weber State W Another close one, but playoffs will be on the line at 8-2 or 7-3

So either 9-2 or 8-3, squeek into the playoffs, then do some damage like normal (SIU, McNeese) I'd say Semifinals, but we'll see.

furman94
August 2nd, 2008, 03:22 PM
Gawrsh! If everyone's seasons are going to be this good, there's no need in playing then!

placidlakegriz
August 2nd, 2008, 04:19 PM

clempson - The tigers might be a top ten team this year, but they are going to come in flat off of the Bama game and will be looking forward. L 38-28.

Princeton - Higgins' staff has a lot of Ivy League experience and will be familiar with Princeton. W 35-13

WCU - Gave us a comeback scare last year, and the new chief will havre them hungry. Home field advantage saves the day. W 28-21

ASU - We ain't there yet, but Boone gets a taste of who is going to be their big game in 2009. L 42-35

Elon - Gonna be another one that goes undecided into the 4th quarter. This might be Elon's best chance to beat El Cid while they still have Hudgins on board, but still no dice. W 35-24

vermin - They underachieved in 2007 and are underrated in 2008. The Purple Paladins will be out for revenge, and will get it if their defense steps up. L 27-17.

GSU - Good thing it isn't a long bus trip back to Statesboro. Without JF in 2007, it would have been a 2 TD win for the Dogs. Without him in 2008 and playing in JHS, it's a 3 TD win for the dogs. W 31-10.

Wofford - This is the year to get the monkey off our backs, but I think Ayers and Co. are sandbagging. L 24-21.

UTC - The Mocs are going to be about as good as they were last year. The question is, will they lay down for us again, or will the team that went to Statesboro and Boone be the one that shows up at JHS? Home field carries the day in a shootout. W 42-35.

Florida - We'll play it safe with the playoffs in the picture, and so will Tebow and Co. L 54-21.

I think we'll be a good playoff team, but we'll get the at-large bid and will be shown no respect as always and will likely be seeded at or near the bottom. Maybe we'll get another crack at ASU. I say that we will get an at-large bid because Wofford will have more conference losses, and we will be tied for 2nd with Furman.

I doubt any 7-5 teams get an at large bid. 7-5 = Home for T-day

Reign of Terrier
August 2nd, 2008, 05:04 PM
@ Wofford: L 40-21
vs. Fayetteville State: W 51-21
@ Elon: ???
vs. Western Carolina: W 40-35
@ App: L 51-20
vs. North Greenville: W 40-30
vs. NCCU: W 35-17
@ Gardner-Webb: W 35-28
vs. Liberty: L 47-20
@ Charleston Southern: W 35-24
vs. Coastal Carolina: ???
@ VMI: 40-24

7-5/6-6/5-7

I think we'll hover around .500 any way you slice it.

Interesting... you have your rival, Wofford, being better than the picked second team, elon. As a Socon dude I'd have to say you should mark elon as a loss because the teams are so close.

ngineer
August 2nd, 2008, 07:13 PM
Lehigh

9/6 Drake W (we just should)
9/13 at Villanova L (probably 2 TD underdog)
9/27 at Princeton W (LU always plays well at Princeton)
10/4 Cornell W (Big crowd for Alumni Day)
10/11 Fordham W (only because it's home)
10/18 at Harvard W (LU has had the Crimson's number most of time of late)
10/25 at Holy Cross L (Randolph too much)
11/1 at Georgetown W (because we should)
11/8 Colgate L (low scoring defensive struggle)
11/15 Bucknell W (handled easily last year. we should be better)
11/22 at Lafayette W (Coen finds a way at last).

Only 'solid' win picks IMO are Drake, Georgetown and Bucknell

Toss-ups: Princeton,Cornell, Fordham, Harvard, Holy Cross,Colgate, Lafayette.

Prohibitive underdog game: Villanova

We will definitely know by beginning of October what kind of team we will be. Brown on the rise, or more rebuilding. Key will be OL and QB. Defense should keep us close. Question will be points and controlling ball to keep defense fresh. I sense a multiple team tie at 4-2...xsmhx

uofmman1122
August 2nd, 2008, 07:31 PM
Tough call on a few.

@ Cal Poly W (I really don't know about this game. Should be close)

Southern Utah W

UC Davis W

Central Washington W

@ Weber State W

@ Eastern Washington L (With our tough hits at Cornerback, I don't think we can handle them this early in the season.)

Sacramento State W

@ Northern Colorado W

Northern Arizona W

@ Portland State W

Idaho State W

Montana State W (Not this year, Kitties. xlolx)

@ PSU, @EWU, @CPSLO, and @WSU could all be losses. I don't see us losing at home this year, since we don't play the real heavy hitters at home. Should be interesting.

Also seems that a lot of fans expect their teams to make the semis this year. xlolx

stevdock
August 2nd, 2008, 07:47 PM
So we are going to have about 40 playoff eligible teams this year right?? I think we go 9-2 with losses to YSU and UNI.

TheValleyRaider
August 2nd, 2008, 08:34 PM
Gawrsh! If everyone's seasons are going to be this good, there's no need in playing then!

Also seems that a lot of fans expect their teams to make the semis this year. xlolx

So we are going to have about 40 playoff eligible teams this year right??

And people say there's no case for playoff expansion :D xcoolx xlolx xrotatehx xthumbsupx

elon77
August 2nd, 2008, 09:11 PM
richmond w
stony brook w
presbyterian w
ga southern w

samford w
furman w
the citadel w
chattanooga w
wofford w
western carolina w
app state L
liberty w

10-2 not bad for pete lembo's 4th year. it all depends on their defense staying healthy. they will put up some points.

danefan
August 2nd, 2008, 09:12 PM
richmond w
stony brook w
presbyterian w
ga southern w

samford w
furman w
the citadel w
chattanooga w
wofford w
western carolina w
app state L
liberty w

10-2 not bad for pete lembo's 4th year. it all depends on their defense staying healthy. they will put up some points.

what's the second loss? All you have is the App State loss.

elon77
August 2nd, 2008, 09:13 PM
sorry, i think wofford will be a loss. that makes elon 10-2. typo error.

citdog
August 2nd, 2008, 09:21 PM
richmond w
stony brook w
presbyterian w
ga southern w

samford w
furman w
the citadel w
chattanooga w
wofford w
western carolina w
app state L
liberty w

you come to charleston and beat us when you had the chance last season to win tho outright title....xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

we beat you by at least 3 td's again!

BEAR
August 2nd, 2008, 09:22 PM
Here's my guess:

Thu 8/28 Henderson State Conway, Ark. 7 p.m. W
Sat 9/6 UC Davis Conway, Ark. 6 p.m. DRAW
Sat 9/13 Arkansas-Pine Bluff Little Rock, Ark. 6 p.m. W
Sat 9/20 Quincy Conway, Ark. 6 p.m. W
Sat 9/27 Tulsa Tulsa, Okla. 6 p.m. L
Sat 10/11 Sam Houston State* (Homecoming- SLC TV) Conway, Ark. 6 p.m. W
Sat 10/18 Texas State* San Marcos, Texas 3 p.m. W
Sat 10/25 Southeastern Louisiana* Conway, Ark. 6 p.m. W
Sat 11/1 Nicholls State* Thibodaux, La. 6:30 p.m. L
Sat 11/8 Northwestern State* Conway, Ark. 4 p.m. W
Sat 11/15 Stephen F. Austin* Nacogdoches, Texas 6 p.m. W
Sat 11/22 McNeese State* Conway, Ark. 4 p.m. DRAW

All the home games help, but Nicholls, McNeese, UC Davis and Tulsa will be tough games no matter how good a second year Division I school might be playing. Go Bears and 9-3 is my prediction--optimisticly. xlolx

Reign of Terrier
August 2nd, 2008, 10:04 PM
sorry, i think wofford will be a loss. that makes elon 10-2. typo error.

yeah, last year you guys played GREAT, but you could also tell that wofford was 100% into it just by watching their pregame rituals. This year Elon won't have the luxury of being overlooked.

elon77
August 2nd, 2008, 10:05 PM
you come to charleston and beat us when you had the chance last season to win tho outright title....xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

we beat you by at least 3 td's again!

down poochie poochie, i guess time will tell.xbowx

elon77
August 2nd, 2008, 10:09 PM
yeah, last year you guys played GREAT, but you could also tell that wofford was 100% into it just by watching their pregame rituals. This year Elon won't have the luxury of being overlooked.

that is all true, but i don't think last year was a fluke.

SuperJon
August 2nd, 2008, 10:30 PM
Going into last year Elon was an unknown. No one knew who would be playing QB for them and had no clue how good Hudgins would be. This year people will be able to plan for them. They'll still be good, and potentially very good, but this year people will actually be able to prepare for them.

ngineer
August 2nd, 2008, 10:42 PM

Good point. I think a lot of schools took Elon lightly last year due to history. Despite their good start, and wins, they were still viewed as "Elon". If they can be in the hunt for the title in November, that will mean a lot that they have arrived despite a bullseye on them.

CopperCat
August 3rd, 2008, 12:11 AM
You forgot one.
Dan's Ego Community College For The Intellectually Inept @ Reality Check University: L
xrulesx xlolx xthumbsupx

08/30/08 @ Texas Tech L
09/27/08 Idaho State W
10/18/08 @ Montana State W Couldn't stop the pass last year, no reason to believe they can do it this year. Daly is only one man.
11/15/08 Northern Arizona W I'm going to go with the W since it's at home, but I think NAU has the greatest chance of the upset
11/22/08 @ Weber State W Another close one, but playoffs will be on the line at 8-2 or 7-3

So either 9-2 or 8-3, squeek into the playoffs, then do some damage like normal (SIU, McNeese) I'd say Semifinals, but we'll see.

Running the table in conference play is pretty damn tough.

And there is plenty of reason that MSU can stop the pass this year. One of the system being in place, coupled with TWO back to back FBS games give the Cats some experience they need. They aren't a pushover as you would like to think. MSU also added a transfer at CB recently, so things are being done to tighten down the screws in the secondary.

CopperCat
August 3rd, 2008, 12:12 AM
You forgot one.
xrulesx xlolx xthumbsupx

08/30/08 @ Texas Tech L
09/27/08 Idaho State W

And there is plenty of reason that MSU can stop the pass this year. One is the system being in place, coupled with TWO back to back FBS games give the Cats some experience they need. They aren't a pushover as you would like to think. MSU also added a transfer at CB recently, so things are being done to tighten down the screws in the secondary. Daly is one man, but he is EVERYWHERE, and you can't do anything about it.

Go...gate
August 3rd, 2008, 12:19 AM
Colgate loses Jordan Scott for one game due to suspension (don't know which one, but I'm betting it is the opener). In general, the schedule is more difficult, even with the deduction of Buffalo, since Colgate picked up CCU, which is certainly an emerging FCS program. With that background:

8/30 @ Stony Brook - L
9/6 @ Coastal Carolina - W
9/13 Furman - L
9/20 Dartmouth - W
9/27 @Fordham - L
10/4 Georgetown - W
10/11 Princeton - W
10/18 @Cornell - L
10/25 @Bucknell - W
11/1 Lafayette - W
11/8 @Lehigh - L
11/15 Idle (anybody know if they are any good this year :D )
11/22 Holy Cross - W

7-5 overall; 4-2 Patriot League.

I'm picking Lehigh or Fordham to win the PL.

Screamin_Eagle174
August 3rd, 2008, 12:28 AM

And there is plenty of reason that MSU can stop the pass this year. One is the system being in place, coupled with TWO back to back FBS games give the Cats some experience they need. They aren't a pushover as you would like to think. MSU also added a transfer at CB recently, so things are being done to tighten down the screws in the secondary. Daly is one man, but he is EVERYWHERE, and you can't do anything about it.

I don't think MSU is a pushover at all... you guys will definitely play us tough, but I don't think you can't stop Nichols... he shreds defenses. And likewise, we play two back to back FBS games (although Tech's D is a joke and Nichols will definitely put up points against them. And we know what happens when the Buffs play top BSC teams! xlolx )

mvemjsunpx
August 3rd, 2008, 01:33 AM
Montana

@ Cal Poly ------------------ moderate L --- The FCS's best offense will torch the new-look Griz D.
vs. Southern Utah --------------- big W --- Weakest team on the schedule.
vs. UC Davis --------------- moderate W --- Homecoming crowd should enjoy a comfortable win.
vs. (DII) Central Washington - big W --- Second coaching change in as many years won't help CWU's upset bid.
@ Weber St. --------------------- close L --- Wildcat depth is questionable, but the Griz unfortunately play them early.
@ Eastern Washington -------- close L --- Eagles get revenge for 1-point loss, but it won't be easy.
vs. Sacramento St. -------------- big W --- Sac hasn't been close in Missoula since they stopped using aerosol enhancements.
@ Northern Colorado ----------- big W --- The Bears haven't beaten Montana in any of the three major sports since joining the Big Sky.
vs. Northern Arizona ---- moderate W --- Souers falls to 0-11 against his former employer.
@ Portland St. ------------ moderate W --- Clicking Griz O will shred the suspect Viking defense.
vs. Idaho St. -------------- moderate W --- Bengals haven't won in Missoula since 1983.
vs. Montana St. ---------- moderate W --- A much improved defense (vs. September) will get the Griz to the playoffs @ 9-3.

PantherRob82
August 3rd, 2008, 01:52 AM
UMASS: 42-41 Win

really? xconfusedx to both.

uofmman1122
August 3rd, 2008, 01:53 AM
Montana

@ Cal Poly ------------------ moderate L --- The FCS's best offense will torch the new-look Griz D.
vs. Southern Utah --------------- big W --- Weakest team on the schedule.
vs. UC Davis --------------- moderate W --- Homecoming crowd should enjoy a comfortable win.
vs. (DII) Central Washington - big W --- Second coaching change in as many years won't help CWU's upset bid.
@ Weber St. --------------------- close L --- Wildcat depth is questionable, but the Griz unfortunately play them early.
@ Eastern Washington -------- close L --- Eagles get revenge for 1-point loss, but it won't be easy.
vs. Sacramento St. -------------- big W --- Sac hasn't been close in Missoula since they stopped using aerosol enhancements.
@ Northern Colorado ----------- big W --- The Bears haven't beaten Montana in any of the three major sports since joining the Big Sky.
vs. Northern Arizona ---- moderate W --- Souers falls to 0-11 against his former employer.
@ Portland St. ------------ moderate W --- Clicking Griz O will shred the suspect Viking defense.
vs. Idaho St. -------------- moderate W --- Bengals haven't won in Missoula since 1983.
vs. Montana St. ---------- moderate W --- A much improved defense (vs. September) will get the Griz to the playoffs @ 9-3.Seems really reasonable. I think we'll be strong heading into the end of the season. This team reminds me a lot of the 2004 team. Lots of young guys have to step up and make things happen. xnodx

PantherRob82
August 3rd, 2008, 01:54 AM

5 losses and in the playoffs?!?! xconfusedx

PantherRob82
August 3rd, 2008, 01:57 AM
That looks like one FCS loss to me. Thats not a bubble team if you're in an autobid conference.

It is in the OVC. :D

PantherRob82
August 3rd, 2008, 01:58 AM
Head says we will do:

Washburn--W
@Ok State--L
@SEMO--W
WIU--L
YSU--L
@ISU(red)--W
SIU--W
@SDSU--L
@UNI--L
NDSU--L
@ISU(blue)--W

Heart says we can do:

Washburn--W
@Ok State--L
@SEMO--W
WIU--L
YSU--W
@ISU(Red)--W
SIU--W
@SDSU--W
@UNI--L
NDSU--L
@ISU(blue)--W

4-7, 7-4, or somewhere in between.

Glad both pick a loss in the UNI-Dome.

PantherRob82
August 3rd, 2008, 02:00 AM
10/02/08 at UNI L (I think the guys are going to just be too beat for this game. Granted, it's nearly a 2 week stretch b/t Memphis and UNI so I could be wrong and the Colonels invade Cedar Rapids and slaughter the Panthers. I predict a close game against an FCS power though.)

Cedar Falls. Ask your fellow SLC members about their trips to the Dome. Especially NW State. They were top 10 and down 28-0 in the first qtr. xwhistlex :D

PantherRob82
August 3rd, 2008, 02:01 AM
Ouch. We've got a brutal first four too, but two are at home.

Hampton (6 FBS xfers, 4 from SEC), @Northwestern (Big 10), UNI, @NDSU (homecoming)

We could both be 0-4 before we get our chin straps on.

You beat Hampton by 14+. Book it.

PantherRob82
August 3rd, 2008, 02:04 AM
y'all sure as hell aren't going to beat Elon....and Western will probably beat you as well....you're in a second rate Conference.....those theams are not

agreed.

PantherRob82
August 3rd, 2008, 02:05 AM
Iowa State - L
Youngstown State (Cereal Bowl) - W
Western Illinois (Beef Bowl) - W
Northern Iowa - L
Stephan F. Austin - W
McNeese State (Hobo Day) - W
Cal Poly (Hobo Day Hangover) - L
Indiana State - W
Missouri State - W
Illinois State - W
Southern Illinois - W
North Dakota State - W

Mark Iowa State as a win!!!! xthumbsupx

and

NDSU as a loss....

PantherRob82
August 3rd, 2008, 02:11 AM
08/30/08 at BYU L
09/06/08 vs. South Dakota W
09/20/08 vs. South Dakota StateW
09/27/08 at Southern Illinois L
10/02/08 vs. Nicholls State W
10/11/08 vs. Illinois State W
10/18/08 vs. North Dakota StateL
10/25/08 at Youngstown State W
11/01/08 at Western Illinois W
11/08/08 vs. Missouri State W
11/15/08 at Indiana State W
11/22/08 at Southern Utah W

That puts us at 9-3, although I could see us beating NDSU or SIU for 10-2. I don't think 11-1 is that far fetched, and I guess 12-0 wouldn't be a miracle. I'll stick with 9-3 though.

Hood
August 3rd, 2008, 06:06 AM
Cedar Falls. Ask your fellow SLC members about their trips to the Dome. Especially NW State. They were top 10 and down 28-0 in the first qtr. xwhistlex :D

OH OH OH haaaaaaaaaa Glancing through the few pages between my initial post and this one, how are you the only Panther to notice that error? xlolx xlolx

Well Falls, Rapids....my boat isn't going there. And don't worry, I know all about seeing the home team blow out NW State. xsmiley_wix

I promise to have more sleep next time I start throwing out preseason predictions. xthumbsupx

Reign of Terrier
August 3rd, 2008, 08:42 AM
that is all true, but i don't think last year was a fluke.

It wasn't a fluke because your defense shut down the option and snuffed out the pitching lanes.

danefan
August 3rd, 2008, 09:17 AM
Colgate loses Jordan Scott for one game due to suspension (don't know which one, but I'm betting it is the opener). In general, the schedule is more difficult, even with the deduction of Buffalo, since Colgate picked up CCU, which is certainly an emerging FCS program. With that background:

8/30 @ Stony Brook - L
9/6 @ Coastal Carolina - W
9/13 Furman - L
9/20 Dartmouth - W
9/27 @Fordham - L
10/4 Georgetown - W
10/11 Princeton - W
10/18 @Cornell - L
10/25 @Bucknell - W
11/1 Lafayette - W
11/8 @Lehigh - L
11/15 Idle (anybody know if they are any good this year :D )
11/22 Holy Cross - W

7-5 overall; 4-2 Patriot League.

I'm picking Lehigh or Fordham to win the PL.

You guys are sooooo lucky. We got stuck playing Bye on 9/6. Now that's a tough draw.xrotatehx

slycat
August 3rd, 2008, 11:16 AM
2008 TxSt Football Schedule

08/30/08 vs. Angelo State San Marcos, Texas W
09/06/08 at SMU Dallas, Texas L (should be close though)
09/20/08 at Northern Colorado Greeley, Colo. W
09/27/08 vs. Southern Utah San Marcos, Texas L (the way SUU played last year scares me)
10/04/08 vs. Texas Southern San Marcos, Texas W
10/11/08 at McNeese State ^ Lake Charles, La. L
10/18/08 vs. Central Arkansas ^ San Marcos, Texas L
10/25/08 at Stephen F. Austin ^ Nacogdoches, Texas W
11/01/08 vs. Northwestern State ^ San Marcos, Texas W
11/08/08 at Southeastern Louisiana ^ Hammond, La. W
11/15/08 vs. Nicholls State ^ San Marcos, Texas L (we never win this on the road)
11/22/08 at Sam Houston State ^ Huntsville, Texas W

7-5 thats as optimistic as i can be for the team. its better then last season and gets us moving in the right direction.

OL FU
August 3rd, 2008, 12:34 PM
5 losses and in the playoffs?!?! xconfusedx

And Unfortunately, only 6 D1 wins. So while it will be a good season ElCid has to be at least 8-4 to get in the playoffs.

OL FU
August 3rd, 2008, 12:38 PM
FU 7-5, There are lots of combos that could get us there, but since we have to pick (well almost pick specifically) the losses are Va Tech, ASU, Elon, Wofford and either Colgate or Delaware.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 3rd, 2008, 12:56 PM
Love seeing SoCon people overlook GSU. They have no idea what we are going to bring to the field this year.

OL FU
August 3rd, 2008, 01:02 PM
Love seeing SoCon people overlook GSU. They have no idea what we are going to bring to the field this year.

Your rated in the top 20, so go blow your nosexlolx

I for the life of me don't know whyxsmiley_wix

JMU DUUUKES
August 3rd, 2008, 01:06 PM
Sat, Aug 30 Duke LOSS
Sat, Sep 06 North Carolina Central WIN
Sat, Sep 13 Massachusetts * LOSS
Sat, Sep 20 Appalachian State WIN
Sat, Sep 27 Maine * WIN
Sat, Oct 04 Hofstra (Family Weekend) * WIN
Sat, Oct 11 Richmond * WIN
Sat, Oct 18 Open Date
Sat, Oct 25 Villanova * 50/50 WINLOSS TOSSUP
Sat, Nov 01 Delaware (Homecoming) * WIN
Sat, Nov 08 Open Date
Sat, Nov 15 William & Mary * WIN
Sat, Nov 22 Towson * WIN

SBUFAN33
August 3rd, 2008, 02:30 PM
Date Opponent Results
08/30 vs. Colgate W
09/06 vs. Elon L
09/13 at Maine W
09/20 at Brown W
09/27 vs. Hofstra W
10/11 at Liberty * L
10/18 vs. Charleston Southern* W
10/25 at Coastal Carolina* L
11/01 vs. Gardner-Webb * W
11/08 at Iona W
11/15 vs. VMI * W

I Think we'll surprise alot of people this year. 27 days and counting...

ASU88
August 3rd, 2008, 02:47 PM
All of these will be slanted to the positive simply because the season hasn't started yet. We're all hopeful!

bjtheflamesfan
August 3rd, 2008, 02:52 PM
Hope springs eternal in August!

Go...gate
August 3rd, 2008, 04:07 PM
You guys are sooooo lucky. We got stuck playing Bye on 9/6. Now that's a tough draw.xrotatehx

It could have been worse for both of our schools. I hear Open Date has about 45 lettermen coming back. Even App. State won't play 'em. ;) :) xrotatehx

PantherRob82
August 3rd, 2008, 04:28 PM
OH OH OH haaaaaaaaaa Glancing through the few pages between my initial post and this one, how are you the only Panther to notice that error? xlolx xlolx

Well Falls, Rapids....my boat isn't going there. And don't worry, I know all about seeing the home team blow out NW State. xsmiley_wix

I promise to have more sleep next time I start throwing out preseason predictions. xthumbsupx

It's ok. You should come up for the game. Should be a good one.

X-Factor
August 3rd, 2008, 04:49 PM
08/30/08 at BYU L
09/06/08 vs. South Dakota W
09/20/08 vs. South Dakota StateW
09/27/08 at Southern Illinois L
10/02/08 vs. Nicholls State W
10/11/08 vs. Illinois State W
10/18/08 vs. North Dakota StateL
10/25/08 at Youngstown State W
11/01/08 at Western Illinois W
11/08/08 vs. Missouri State W
11/15/08 at Indiana State W
11/22/08 at Southern Utah W

That puts us at 9-3, although I could see us beating NDSU or SIU for 10-2. I don't think 11-1 is that far fetched, and I guess 12-0 wouldn't be a miracle. I'll stick with 9-3 though.

I would really like to see you guys pull out the first victory in Provo.

But at least it looks like the streak at the castle stays alive. :D

X-Factor
August 3rd, 2008, 04:57 PM
Thu, Aug 28 Austin Peay Fargo, N.D. W

Sat, Sep 06 Central Connecticut State Fargo, N.D. W

Sat, Sep 13 Wyoming at Laramie, Wyo. 2 p.m.

Sat, Sep 20 Youngstown State * at Youngstown, Ohio 5 p.m.
KXJB-TV 4
Sat, Oct 04 Southern Illinois (Homecoming) * Fargo, N.D. 1 p.m. W
North Dakota NBC Network

Sat, Oct 11 Western Illinois (Trees Bowl) * Fargo, N.D. 3 p.m. W
North Dakota NBC Network

Sat, Oct 18 Northern Iowa * at Cedar Falls, Iowa 4:05 p.m.
Fox College Sports, North Dakota NBC Network

Sat, Oct 25 Illinois State * at Normal, Ill. 1:30 p.m. W

Sat, Nov 01 Indiana State (Harvest Bowl) * Fargo, N.D. 6 p.m. W

Sat, Nov 15 Missouri State * at Springfield, Mo. 1 p.m. W

Sat, Nov 22 South Dakota State (Dakota Marker) * Fargo, N.D. 6 p.m. W
North Dakota NBC Network

1-2 losses will be accumulated within the power triangle of Wyoming, UNI, and Y-town for an overall record of 10-1 or 9-2 xlolx

grizband
August 3rd, 2008, 05:03 PM
@ Cal Poly L
vs. Southern Utah W
vs. UC Davis W
vs. (DII) Central Washington W
@ Weber St. W
@ Eastern Washington L
vs. Sacramento St. W
@ Northern Colorado W
vs. Northern Arizona W
@ Portland St. W
vs. Idaho St. W
vs. Montana St. W

Optimistically, I think the Griz end the season 10-2, losing to the two best offensive teams on the schedule. The Griz could just as easily finish 8-3 or 9-2 with this year's young team, but I'm holding out hope that the Griz end 2008 with one conference loss, and win another Big Sky title.

Jiggs
August 3rd, 2008, 05:34 PM
08/28/08 vs. West Georgia W
09/06/08 vs. Faulkner W
09/13/08 at Ole Miss L
09/27/08 at Elon L
10/04/08 at Western Carolina W
10/11/08 vs. Appalachian State L
10/25/08 vs. The Citadel W
11/01/08 vs. Furman L
11/08/08 at Georgia Southern L
11/15/08 vs. Wofford L
11/22/08 at Chattanooga W

5-6 (3-5)

Screamin_Eagle174
August 3rd, 2008, 05:56 PM
@ Cal Poly L
vs. Southern Utah W
vs. UC Davis W
vs. (DII) Central Washington W
@ Weber St. W
@ Eastern Washington L
vs. Sacramento St. W
@ Northern Colorado W
vs. Northern Arizona W
@ Portland St. W
vs. Idaho St. W
vs. Montana St. W

Optimistically, I think the Griz end the season 10-2, losing to the two best offensive teams on the schedule. The Griz could just as easily finish 8-3 or 9-2 with this year's young team, but I'm holding out hope that the Griz end 2008 with one conference loss, and win another Big Sky title.

Are you saying that because the team is young, they're going to just not play one of the games? xlolx xconfusedx

The Griz will be either 10-2, or 9-3 or 8-4. Also, if you make it through the sky with one conference loss, chances are it wouldn't be an outright title... you'd be splitting it with us. But don't worry, we'll make sure that doesn't happen. Eastern will go ahead and sweep the conference to make things easier! xthumbsupx

uofmman1122
August 3rd, 2008, 06:24 PM
Are you saying that because the team is young, they're going to just not play one of the games? xlolx xconfusedx

The Griz will be either 10-2, or 9-3 or 8-4. Also, if you make it through the sky with one conference loss, chances are it wouldn't be an outright title... you'd be splitting it with us. But don't worry, we'll make sure that doesn't happen. Eastern will go ahead and sweep the conference to make things easier! xthumbsupxJust like you guys have done before, right?

Oh, whoops...xlolx

Screamin_Eagle174
August 3rd, 2008, 06:31 PM
Just like you guys have done before, right?

Oh, whoops...xlolx

We were only 9 points away from doing it last year... xwhistlex
Bagley won't be there to bail you out with a miracle finger grab if it comes down to the wire. Emphasis on if. xsmiley_wix

Houndawg
August 3rd, 2008, 09:21 PM

I don't like that it's their second game and our first.

appst97
August 3rd, 2008, 09:32 PM
Sat, Aug 30 Duke LOSS
Sat, Sep 27 Maine * WIN
Sat, Oct 11 Richmond * WIN
Sat, Oct 18 Open Date
Sat, Oct 25 Villanova * 50/50 WINLOSS TOSSUP
Sat, Nov 08 Open Date
Sat, Nov 22 Towson * WIN

if the Dukes beat App State, then they should DA*N sure beat dook

Cobblestone
August 3rd, 2008, 09:45 PM
Monmouth = W
Fordham = L
New Hampshire = L
Hofstra = W
Boston College = L
Brown = W
Towson = L
Villanova = L
Bill & The Bitch = L
UMASS = L
Maine = W
Northeastern = W

5-7

jmc_jackrabbit
August 3rd, 2008, 09:46 PM
SDSU Jackrabbits

Aug. 28, @ Iowa State: L
Sept. 6, YSU: W
Sept. 13, Western Illinois: W
Sept. 20, @ UNI: L
Sept. 27, @ Stephen F. Austin: W
Oct. 4, McNeese State: W
Oct. 18, Cal Poly: W
Oct. 25, @ Indiana State: W
Nov. 1, Missouri State: W
Nov. 8, Illinois State: W
Nov. 15, @SIU: L
Nov. 22, @NDSU: L

That's 8-4.

Tough conference schedule, with NDSU, UNI, and SIU on the road. The SIU game is a tough one. It would be nice to win that and go 9-3. And Cal Poly is an awfully tough out-of-conference opponent. That game could go the other way with SDSU's young defensive backfield and Cal Poly's terrific skill players. I'd like to be really confident that we can knock off NDSU again, but we're 2-2 against them in Dakota Marker games with each team winning their home games. The FargoDome is a very tough place to play.

PantherRob82
August 3rd, 2008, 10:06 PM
But at least it looks like the streak at the castle stays alive. :D

Until proven otherwise....same with losing in Carbondale.

PantherRob82
August 3rd, 2008, 10:07 PM
I don't like that it's their second game and our first.

It's still Hampton and still MEAC football. I need to put something about Hampton in my sig with WIU.

McNeese75
August 3rd, 2008, 10:13 PM
SDSU Jackrabbits

That's 8-4.

Tough conference schedule, with NDSU, UNI, and SIU on the road. The SIU game is a tough one. It would be nice to win that and go 9-3. And Cal Poly is an awfully tough out-of-conference opponent. That game could go the other way with SDSU's young defensive backfield and Cal Poly's terrific skill players. I'd like to be really confident that we can knock off NDSU again, but we're 2-2 against them in Dakota Marker games with each team winning their home games. The FargoDome is a very tough place to play.

Glad to hear you do not consider the McNeese game a tough one xnodx I hope the Rabbits think the same xwhistlex

But, I do realize that is Hobo day so a parade and a lot of beer must make it a slam dunk guaranteed win :D

SiouxFallsJack
August 4th, 2008, 02:18 AM

It would be great to win both our first and last games but probably not going to happen.

WileECoyote06
August 4th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Wins: FSU, Edward Waters, Savannah State
Tossups: A & T, WSSU, Presbyterian, Morgan State
Losses: JMU, CCU, Cal Poly, CCSU

We ought to finish with five to seven wins.

jmc_jackrabbit
August 4th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Glad to hear you do not consider the McNeese game a tough one xnodx I hope the Rabbits think the same xwhistlex

But, I do realize that is Hobo day so a parade and a lot of beer must make it a slam dunk guaranteed win :D

Heaven forbid somebody might pick their team to win their homecoming game against an opponent from a conference that we have been pretty successful against (SDSU is 6-1 versus Southland opponents).

The Jackrabbit philosophy is 1-0 every week and players' are taught to focus only on the next play. Nobody here will overlook an outstanding team like McNeese State.

DSUrocks07
August 4th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Thu, Sep 4th, 2008 Florida A&M W
Sat, Sep 13th, 2008 @ Kent State L
Sat, Sep 27th, 2008 Cent Conn St W
Sat, Oct 4th, 2008 Hampton L
Sat, Oct 11th, 2008 @ Bethune-Cookman W
Sat, Oct 18th, 2008 NC A&T W
Sat, Oct 25th, 2008 @ Morgan State W
Sat, Nov 1st, 2008 SC State W
Sat, Nov 8th, 2008 Winston-Salem W
Sat, Nov 15th, 2008 @ Norfolk State W
Sat, Nov 22nd, 2008 @ Howard W

Prediction: 9-2 (tied with Hampton for 1st, Hampton has tie-breaker)

AppStatePat
August 4th, 2008, 07:55 AM
@ LSU L
Jacksonville W
@ James Madison W
Presbyterian W
The Citadel W
@ Samford W
@ GA Southern W
Furman W
Wofford W
@ UT-Chattanooga W
Elon W
@ W. Carolina W

....and go on to win our fourth straight national title

AppAlum
August 4th, 2008, 08:19 AM
LSU:L (I think we will lose but i will pick them to win in every pool)
Jacksonville:W
JMU:L
Presbyterian:W
The Citadel:W
Samford:W
Georgia Southern:W
Furman:W
Wofford:W
Chattanooga:W
Elon:W
WCU:W

Edit: Oh yeah I think we will make a strong showing in the playoffs for 4 in a row

OL FU
August 4th, 2008, 08:23 AM

Edit: Oh yeah I think we will make a strong showing in the playoffs for 4 in a row

I am going out on a limb and saying if you didn't go undefeated in the SoCon last year, you won't be undefeated in the Socon this yearxsmiley_wix

McNeese75
August 4th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Heaven forbid somebody might pick their team to win their homecoming game against an opponent from a conference that we have been pretty successful against (SDSU is 6-1 versus Southland opponents).

The Jackrabbit philosophy is 1-0 every week and players' are taught to focus only on the next play. Nobody here will overlook an outstanding team like McNeese State.

Little testy today aren't we???? The comment was directed at his not considering the Cowboys a tough opponent. It had nothing to do with a win prediction (I would expect nothing less). This should be a good game. Two years ago the team speed difference was considerable when the Jacks and Cowboys met and this MSU team will be even faster. The game here was a SDSU win with a great comeback in the second half and some poor coaching on MSU's part. That coach was gone on the following Monday and the current coach is doing somewhat better so I guess we will see. xnodx

skinny_uncle
August 4th, 2008, 08:34 AM
A Panther fan I can agree with.
xeekx

furman94
August 4th, 2008, 09:33 AM
I am going out on a limb and saying if you didn't go undefeated in the SoCon last year, you won't be undefeated in the Socon this yearxsmiley_wix

DING DING DING!

App has a HUGE target on their backs in the Socon this year, with the whole Socon wanting some App blood!

89Hen
August 4th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Selection Sunday is going to be incredible. xsmiley_wix

8-3 record. Border-line for the playoffs.

I think we'll be a good playoff team

Into at least the semi-finals.

at least co-champs

This has UD at 9-3

nothing less than 7-4 or 8-3....We could POSSIBLY go 11-0 but let's not jump the gun.;)

our guaranteed 1st round game should get the Griz to at least the 2nd round

8-3, second in the OVC and on the bubble for a playoff berth.

We are BACK in the Playoffs at 8-3 or 7-4.

Make it to playoff quarterfinals

10-2

Call me loony, but I see a 10-2 or 9-3 season if we lose to Elon. Frankly we have the ability to win every game on the schedule.

That leaves MSU at either 8-4 or 9-3, depending on the Brawl.

10-2 not bad for pete lembo's 4th year

9-3 is my prediction

813Jag
August 4th, 2008, 09:55 AM
I didn't say my 9-2 team would be in the playoffs. xlolx

jmc_jackrabbit
August 4th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Little testy today aren't we???? The comment was directed at his not considering the Cowboys a tough opponent. It had nothing to do with a win prediction (I would expect nothing less). This should be a good game. Two years ago the team speed difference was considerable when the Jacks and Cowboys met and this MSU team will be even faster. The game here was a SDSU win with a great comeback in the second half and some poor coaching on MSU's part. That coach was gone on the following Monday and the current coach is doing somewhat better so I guess we will see. xnodx

I wrote both of those prior posts. If I'm testy, it's because you put words in my mouth. You made the assumption that by not mentioning how "tough" MSU is I was somehow saying it would be an easy game. We're confident in our team's ability to win at home. We're 17-4 at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium during the FCS transition. But nobody's saying it will be easy to beat a program like McNeese. We're in our first year of full D1 membership. We one our first conference championship in 40-some years last year. We're in no position to get cocky.

WrenFGun
August 4th, 2008, 10:07 AM
UNH

@ ARMY L (I think they could do it, but with a new QB, I won't chalk this one up)
@ URI W (But closer than people think, probably)
Albany W (Again, closer than people think)
@ Dartmouth W
W&M W (Ugh, I don't feel confident about this one)
Towson W
@ Northeastern W (BY A LOT, They've nearly ruined our season twice)
Hofstra W
@ 'Nova L (Nova is going to be good, and they owe us for sneaking into the playoffs)
UMass W (I've had enough of them)
@ Maine L (I think they may finally catch us)

8-3 (5-2) Quality win over at least UMass, potentially bad loss to Maine or W&M.

TheValleyRaider
August 4th, 2008, 10:25 AM

When faced with the overwhelming evidence of quality football at this level, how can you legitimately oppose playoff expansion? :D xcoolx :p xlolx xrotatehx

TheValleyRaider
August 4th, 2008, 10:39 AM
8/30 at Stony Brook L I'd love to predict an opening win, and SB might just be the easiest of our first 3 opponents (and that's saying something), but opening day is Biddle's one true Achilles Heel
9/6 at Coastal Carolina W Just a hunch here, but I think we'll even the record down in Conway. Should be a great game
9/13 Furman L Great OOC contest for both of us, and while I'd love to see a win, I'm not feeling it right now. I feel certain we'll win 1 of these first 3 though, and optimistic that we'll get 2. Rest assured, I'll be taking Colgate in the Patriot League picking contest later this year ;)
9/20 Dartmouth W The Green might still be smarting from last year's comeback win, but as long as they don't get overlooked in an otherwise brutal opening schedule, this should be a big Raider win
9/27 at Fordham L I'd love to see a little revenge for last year's close loss, but I'd like our chances better at home
10/4 Georgetown (Homecoming) W I hope I'll be able to make it up for this one, if only because it's Homecoming. Hard to believe the Hoyas will get them this year
10/11 Princeton (Athletics Hall of Honor Induction) W The Tigers always seem to pop up at unexpected times and really put on a painful loss. Not this time
10/18 at Cornell W Raiders break a 2-game skid in Ithaca. Not this year Red
10/25 at Bucknell W We've actually lost the last 2 games in L-burg, games that mirrored the previous year's win in Hamilton. Expect a close one, but Colgate pulls it out this time
11/1 Lafayette (Family Weekend) W One more thing to set right in the universe after the Pards managed a win in Hamilton in 2006
11/8 at Lehigh W I think it's our turn to go on a little win streak versus the Hawks
11/22 Holy Cross W Once again, it comes down to beating the Cross for a playoff birth, but at home, I think we get the job done

Mark it down, 8-3 and in the playoffs xnodx

LET'S GO 'GATE!

furman94
August 4th, 2008, 10:57 AM
You pick a Colgate Loss? I picked a FU loss! We'll see what happens, but we were supposed to beat Hofstra last year, and look what happened! TOSS UP in NY for Colgate vs. FU!

93henfan
August 4th, 2008, 11:00 AM

Well where's your prediction, oh wise one?xwhistlex

LUHawker
August 4th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Lehigh

9/6 Drake W (Lehigh will be trying to get its offensive sealegs, but defense should be too much for Drake)
9/13 at Villanova L (I'd like LU later in the season, but VU too much away -although big Lehigh crowd mitigates the venue and better team wins)
9/27 at Princeton W (Close game, but Lehigh prevails)
10/4 Cornell W (Big crowd for Alumni Day)
10/11 Fordham W (Lehigh barely lost last year when Sedale was throwing interceptions left and right; Fordham gets first reality check of having bullseye on it this season)
10/18 at Harvard L (First of two consecutive trips to New England comes up short)
10/25 at Holy Cross L (Randolph too much)
11/1 at Georgetown W (because we should)
11/8 Colgate W (Lehigh defense has limited Scott in the past and wins a tight one in Bethlehem. Lehigh O looking better)
11/15 Bucknell W (handled easily last year. we should be better)
11/22 at Lafayette W (Billed as a defensive battle, Lehigh offense surprises and plays a solid game for the W)

This predicts 8-3, perhaps a tad optimistic. However, even last season's losing record belied close games with Yale, Colgate, Fordham and Lafayette. I'm betting LU doesn't go 0-4 in those close loses this year, especially with Colgate and Fordham at home this time around.

uofmman1122
August 4th, 2008, 11:25 AM
We were only 9 points away from doing it last year... xwhistlex
Bagley won't be there to bail you out with a miracle finger grab if it comes down to the wire. Emphasis on if. xsmiley_wixRight, but next time we just won't let you guys score 10 points in the last minute of the first half. xoopsx

But I think Cal Poly will be a great lesson for our guys, and we'll play you tough. Big Sky game of the year right here. Just like last year. xnodx

Jesus, is it football season yet? xlolx

89Hen
August 4th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Well where's your prediction, oh wise one?xwhistlex
You kidding? I'm terrible at picking the Hens. But hand held to fire I'd say this is the tipping point...

Wins
West Chester
Furman
Albany
Maine
William and Mary
Hofstra
Towson
Villanova

Losses
Maryland
JMU
UMass
Richmond

Anything short of that will be a disappointment, anything more a big bonus. I see @ Furman and @ one of those last three losses at the games that could make/break the season.

93henfan
August 4th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Can't say I disagree with that. You didn't include my caveat in my post that my gut says 8-4 for us. That will be a veddy, veddy interesting dilemna for the committee.xnodx

The only difference btw mine and yours is the Richmond game. Something's telling me the Hens will be wanting some payback for last year's OT debacle.

DSUrocks07
August 4th, 2008, 12:34 PM

I didn't say my 9-2 team would be in the playoffs. xlolx

Yeah me either, I have us missing the playoffs too 89Hen xlolx

DSUrocks07
August 4th, 2008, 12:35 PM
double post

Kymermosst
August 4th, 2008, 12:50 PM
UNH

@ ARMY L (I think they could do it, but with a new QB, I won't chalk this one up)
@ URI W (But closer than people think, probably)
Albany W (Again, closer than people think)
@ Dartmouth W
W&M W (Ugh, I don't feel confident about this one)
Towson W
@ Northeastern W (BY A LOT, They've nearly ruined our season twice)
Hofstra W
@ 'Nova L (Nova is going to be good, and they owe us for sneaking into the playoffs)
UMass W (I've had enough of them)
@ Maine L (I think they may finally catch us)

8-3 (5-2) Quality win over at least UMass, potentially bad loss to Maine or W&M.

As much as I don't like it, I think I have to agree with Wren. Here's how I see UMass in '08

08/30/08 vs. Albany - W - Under the lights and the season opener, sorry Danes. 42-10
09/06/08 @ Holy Cross - W - This should be a good game and it wouldn't be a total surprise to see the Crusaders come out on top, but it's only an hour away and the (relatively) huge UMass cotningent (band included) push us to the top. 31-24
09/13/08 @ JMU - L - I don't think we can take down the Dukes in Harrisonburg. The game is better than the score shows. 31-17
09/20/08 @ Texas Tech - L - Our FBS foe for the year. We haven't put up an FBS/I-AA win since 1984 over Ball State and '08 is no different. 49-20
09/27/08 A much needed bye week.
10/04/08 vs. Delaware - W - We haven't been home in a month and just came off a bye week. The Hens will fight but not prevail. 42-24
10/11/08 @ Northeastern - W - Last time we went to Brookline we played in a downpour. Fair weather leads to a pretty easy win in front the hundreds and hundreds of NU faithful. 35-14
10/18/08 vs. Richmond - W - This game is a toss-up but I'm hoping that the homecoming crowd, 3:30 start, and chilly October evening slow Richmond down just enough. 28-17
10/25/08 vs. Bryant - W - Our annual Band Day with a bonus 5000 people in the stands screaming for UMass against FCS newest member. I don't know why this game was scheduled here, and on a day when we usually play some of our better football. 45-10
11/01/08 @ Rhode Island - W - Liam and company are going to avenge last year's hurricane debacle in a big way. UMass puts up 2 years worth of points but the defence only scores half the safeties they got last year. 53-17
11/08/08 vs. Maine - W - Unfortunately, I think Maine is the afterthought of CAA Football. UMass will be a bit lax in preparation for this one, but will turn it on in the second half. The polar opposite of JMU, this game will have been much worse than the scoreboard would have you think. 21-17
11/15/08 @ New Hampshire - L - We've had UNH's number the past couple years, and in a big way. I think arrogance gets this best of us this time, and the Santos-less Wildcats handle us on their turf. 24-17
11/22/08 vs. Hofstra - W - Our perennial final regular season game is Senior Day this year. The lights will come on early in the game with a 2:30 kickoff and UMass turns the lights out on Hofstra. 28-14

Overall: 9-3 (9-2 vs. FCS)
CAA: 6-2

6-2 in conference will tie us with UNH (their losses vs W&M and @ 'Nova) in the CAA north, with the auto bid going to 7-1 conference champ Richmond's peachy CAA schedule.

Once we get into the playoffs, we'll handle our usual Patriot League foe (Holy Cross making the return trip?). At home again in the quarters where we get to see our good friends Delaware (in as the 5th and final CAA team) to punch our ticket to North Dakota, where we become a notch on the bedpost as NDSU rolls into Chattanooga.

So I got a little carried away...But some of that might happen...And it's fun to pretend.

furman94
August 4th, 2008, 01:20 PM
You kidding? I'm terrible at picking the Hens. But hand held to fire I'd say this is the tipping point...

Wins
West Chester
Furman
Albany
Maine
William and Mary
Hofstra
Towson
Villanova

Losses
Maryland
JMU
UMass
Richmond

Anything short of that will be a disappointment, anything more a big bonus. I see @ Furman and @ one of those last three losses at the games that could make/break the season.

I see the Delaware game as a tossup; it is our pivot game too!

89Hen
August 4th, 2008, 01:51 PM
I have us missing the playoffs too 89Hen
C'mon. The Hornets better make it if we do. Got to have the game again, no?

mcveyrl
August 4th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Sat, Aug 30 @Duke WIN
Sat, Sep 27 @Maine * WIN
Sat, Oct 11 @Richmond * LOSS
Sat, Oct 18 Open Date
Sat, Oct 25 @Villanova * WIN
Sat, Nov 08 Open Date
Sat, Nov 22 @Towson * WIN

I think we will lose to either UMass or ASU and either Richmond or Villanova. My prediction is that we will have to beat Duke to be 9-2. If not, we'll be 2-2 after 4 games...xeekx

Husky Alum
August 4th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Here we go for NU.....

@ Ball State - LOSS
@ Georgia Southern - LOSS
@ Syracuse - LOSS (could be close)
UC - Davis - WIN
@ Towson - LOSS
UMASS - LOSS
UNH - WIN (it's homecoming)
@ Maine - WIN
Villanova - LOSS
@ W&M - LOSS
@ Hofstra - LOSS
URI - WIN

That's 4-8.

Potential Upside - @ Towson and @ Hofstra
Potential Downside - UNH, Davis, URI

Big Questions for NU - Running back, defensive back field, WR
Potential Strengths - O-Line, D-Line, Tight end

Tribe4SF
August 4th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Here we go for NU.....

@ Ball State - LOSS
@ Georgia Southern - LOSS
@ Syracuse - LOSS (could be close)
UC - Davis - WIN
@ Towson - LOSS
UMASS - LOSS
UNH - WIN (it's homecoming)
@ Maine - WIN
Villanova - LOSS
@ W&M - LOSS
@ Hofstra - LOSS
URI - WIN

That's 4-8.

Potential Upside - @ Towson and @ Hofstra
Potential Downside - UNH, Davis, URI

Big Questions for NU - Running back, defensive back field, WR
Potential Strengths - O-Line, D-Line, Tight end

WOW!!!xeekx Somebody picked us to win a game!xbowx

elon77
August 4th, 2008, 02:51 PM
this prediction is probably the only one that will be correct, ODU will not loose any games this year. after reading all these threads there are going to be some great teams this year, must be quite a few that are going to stink too, but who are they? Now that would be a good thread, which teams are going to really stink.

BeauFoster
August 4th, 2008, 02:57 PM

Well, the playoffs will be expanding soon, I guess that means at least 4 more teams will be in the semis then! xlolx

mcveyrl
August 4th, 2008, 02:57 PM

Well, in fairness, only some of the higher end teams had posted. Here's my take, FWIW (i.e., 0)

Sat 09/06/08 North Carolina State Raleigh, N.C. Loss
Sat 09/13/08 VMI WILLIAMSBURG 7:00PM Win
Sat 09/20/08 NORFOLK STATE WILLIAMSBURG Win
Sat 10/04/08 VILLANOVA [Family Weekend] WILLIAMSBURG Loss
Sat 10/11/08 New Hampshire Durham, N.H. Loss
Sat 10/18/08 Delaware Newark, Del. Loss
Sat 10/25/08 RHODE ISLAND [Homecoming] WILLIAMSBURG Win
Sat 11/01/08 Towson (TV - CSN) Towson, Md. Win
Sat 11/08/08 NORTHEASTERN WILLIAMSBURG Loss
Sat 11/15/08 James Madison Harrisonburg, Va. Loss
Sat 11/22/08 RICHMOND (TV - CSN) WILLIAMSBURG Loss

4-7. I think you surprise Towson and then falter against Northeastern, but that could be flipped.

UIWWildthing
August 4th, 2008, 03:43 PM
I post this in a different thread, but my $.02
Towson's schedule:
8/30 @ Navy 3:30 PM - Loss
9/06 Morgan State 6:00 PM - Win
9/13 @ Richmond 3:00 PM - Loss
9/20 @ Coastal Carolina 7:00 PM - Win
9/27 Columbia 3:00 PM - Loss
10/04 Northeastern 12:00 PM - Win
10/11 Rhode Island 3:00 PM - Loss
10/25 @ New Hampshire 12:00 PM - Loss
11/01 William & Mary 12:00 PM - Win
11/08 @ Delaware 12:00 PM - Loss
11/15 @ Villanova 1:00 PM - Loss
11/22 James Madison 1:00 PM - Loss

That's 4-8 to me, 2-6 in the CAA

th0m
August 4th, 2008, 05:22 PM
@ Duke W
vs. NC Central W
vs. UMass L
vs. ASU W
@ Maine W
vs. Hofstra W
@ Richmond W
bye
@ Villanova L
vs. Delaware W
bye
vs. W&M W
@ Towson W

9-2, 6-2 conf. Seriously though the UMass, ASU, Richmond, Villanova and possibly, Delaware game could all be toss-ups. With the rest of the games I'm fairly confident to make a prediction, but not those.

AppAlum
August 4th, 2008, 05:32 PM

Meh, it all depends on the health of AE

The GS and Wofford losses were w/o him no?

crusader11
August 4th, 2008, 07:00 PM
I post this in a different thread, but my $.02
Towson's schedule:
8/30 @ Navy 3:30 PM - Loss
9/06 Morgan State 6:00 PM - Win
9/13 @ Richmond 3:00 PM - Loss
9/20 @ Coastal Carolina 7:00 PM - Win
9/27 Columbia 3:00 PM - Loss
10/04 Northeastern 12:00 PM - Win
10/11 Rhode Island 3:00 PM - Loss
10/25 @ New Hampshire 12:00 PM - Loss
11/01 William & Mary 12:00 PM - Win
11/08 @ Delaware 12:00 PM - Loss
11/15 @ Villanova 1:00 PM - Loss
11/22 James Madison 1:00 PM - Loss

That's 4-8 to me, 2-6 in the CAA

You guys should definitely beat Columbia.

Seawolf97
August 4th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Date Opponent Results
08/30 vs. Colgate W
09/06 vs. Elon L
09/13 at Maine W
09/20 at Brown W
09/27 vs. Hofstra W
10/11 at Liberty * L
10/18 vs. Charleston Southern* W
10/25 at Coastal Carolina* L
11/01 vs. Gardner-Webb * W
11/08 at Iona W
11/15 vs. VMI * W

I Think we'll surprise alot of people this year. 27 days and counting...

If we split those 2 losses in the Big South we are 9-2 by November. That is a real possibility.

Tribe4SF
August 4th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Well, in fairness, only some of the higher end teams had posted. Here's my take, FWIW (i.e., 0)

Sat 09/06/08 North Carolina State Raleigh, N.C. Loss
Sat 09/13/08 VMI WILLIAMSBURG 7:00PM Win
Sat 09/20/08 NORFOLK STATE WILLIAMSBURG Win
Sat 10/04/08 VILLANOVA [Family Weekend] WILLIAMSBURG Loss
Sat 10/11/08 New Hampshire Durham, N.H. Loss
Sat 10/18/08 Delaware Newark, Del. Loss
Sat 10/25/08 RHODE ISLAND [Homecoming] WILLIAMSBURG Win
Sat 11/01/08 Towson (TV - CSN) Towson, Md. Win
Sat 11/08/08 NORTHEASTERN WILLIAMSBURG Loss
Sat 11/15/08 James Madison Harrisonburg, Va. Loss
Sat 11/22/08 RICHMOND (TV - CSN) WILLIAMSBURG Loss

4-7. I think you surprise Towson and then falter against Northeastern, but that could be flipped.

Woe is me!xbawlingx You know how far you've fallen when people predict that you'll surprise a team that has never beaten you.xbawlingx

danefan
August 4th, 2008, 10:27 PM
You guys should definitely beat Columbia.

Especially considering you've got a win chalked up againist Coastal.

Coastal is at least 3 TD's better than Columbia.

furman94
August 5th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Meh, it all depends on the health of AE

The GS and Wofford losses were w/o him no?

Still, with an entirely different Socon than a year ago... It will be hard for App to run the tables in the Socon in 08... just my xtwocentsx

WrenFGun
August 5th, 2008, 09:00 AM
As much as I don't like it, I think I have to agree with Wren. Here's how I see UMass in '08

Heh, well. It's more wishful thinking than being convinced at all, at this point. Good luck this season.

WrenFGun
August 5th, 2008, 09:01 AM

I'm not looking forward to playing W&M, as they've had our number, but it's a must-have for UNH. With NU on the schedule later, they've got to win one of those games.

AppAlum
November 22nd, 2008, 11:00 AM

Is boasting allowed here? How are my predictions looking now :) Just beat WCU and I was actually right for a change. Hopefully I didn't jinx them xpeacex

South Carolina Duke
November 22nd, 2008, 06:07 PM
Still, with an entirely different Socon than a year ago... It will be hard for App to run the tables in the Socon in 08... just my xtwocentsx

Would you care to explain that thought?

ASU88
November 22nd, 2008, 06:10 PM
LSU: L
Jacksonville: W
JMU: L
Presby: W
citadel: W
Samford: W
GSU: W
Furman: W
Wofford: W
Chatty: W
Elon: W
WCU: W

I really can't imagine that we'll go through the SoCon without a loss, but I couldn't find an individual game to put an "L" next to. We have Wofford, Furman, citadel and Elon at home. And I think GSU will drop a notch or two from last year.

Probably at least one of those games we won't play well and could lose, but I'm going optimistic!

Nailed it! xthumbsupx

813Jag
November 22nd, 2008, 06:35 PM
8/30 at Houston L
9/6 at Tennessee State W (Toss up last year's game was close and it'll be interesting to see how the team responds to the first game)
9/13 Mississippi Valley W
9/27 at Alcorn W
10/4 at Jackson State L (another toss up, they've had our number lately and we always seem to drop one at midseason)
10/11 Texas Southern W
10/18 Florida A&M W (could go either way, with the Rattlers having a new coach)
10/25 at Prairie View W
11/1 Arkansas Pine Bluff W
11/15 at (Mobile) Alabama State W
11/29 (New Orleans) Grambling W (It's the classic even if we were horrible I wouldn't pick Grambling to win xlolx )

So my prediciton is 9-2, with the toss ups it could be anywhere from 10-1 to 7-4
Southern sitting at 6-4 has me on target.