View Full Version : Who's for LSU?

ASU88
August 1st, 2008, 03:05 PM
A question to FCS fans (non-App St):

How many of you will be pulling for LSU?

I know most would pull for any FCS team in a game like this, but has 3 years of National Championships and 1 year of hearing about the Michigan upset made any of you so weary of App St that you look forward to seeing LSU give them a drubbing?

Just curious. xeyebrowx

danefan
August 1st, 2008, 03:07 PM
No way man.

I'd love App St to win and then lose every one of its FCS games.

furman94
August 1st, 2008, 03:10 PM
I'd love for the Apps to win, but I just don't see it coming. LSU is not Michigan! They know what you can do, and have done to teams on their level. They'll throw the books at you. If ASU pulls it off, I think we all know that they will be looking at the FBS as a future home...

ericsaid
August 1st, 2008, 03:16 PM
Yes, because LSU is just like Michigan in they both beat Florida last season.

TexasTerror
August 1st, 2008, 03:18 PM
I'd love to see App St come down to the Pelican State and beat the Tigers...it'd be the greatest thing to happen in this state since I came here in 2005!

ASU88
August 1st, 2008, 03:23 PM

I'm sensing this will be the popular sentiment. xlolx

McNeese75
August 1st, 2008, 03:26 PM

I know most would pull for any FCS team in a game like this, but has 3 years of National Championships and 1 year of hearing about the Michigan upset made any of you so weary of App St that you look forward to seeing LSU give them a drubbing?

Just curious. xeyebrowx

xrolleyesx yep, just a little weary but I will still be pulling for our FCS Brethern xnodx

WCU LawCat
August 1st, 2008, 03:50 PM
Last year I pulled for them. This year I just can't do it.

AppStsGr8
August 1st, 2008, 03:54 PM
FCS any day over BCS. SoCon any day over anyone ... shoot, I'd even pull for Georgia Southern over a non-SoCon. I'll be cheering for McNeese big time at Chapel Hill, too.

Reign of Terrier
August 1st, 2008, 04:19 PM
I don't really care who wins this game. If App state wins good for them (Take a hint and go FBSxlolx ). If LSU wins then the FBS world might finally get over the michigan game and not only look at App state when thinking about FCS (am I the only one annoyed about that? It seems they're only remembered for beating Michigan not winning 3 straight titles by the rest of the football world). Personally I think someone else should be the underdog to win this year.xsmiley_wix

phillyAPP
August 1st, 2008, 04:25 PM
I don't really care who wins this game. If App state wins good for them (Take a hint and go FBSxlolx ). If LSU wins then the FBS world might finally get over the michigan game and not only look at App state when thinking about FCS (am I the only one annoyed about that? It seems they're only remembered for beating Michigan not winning 3 straight titles by the rest of the football world). Personally I think someone else should be the underdog to win this year.xsmiley_wix

This is UD CHUCKS vote for LSU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good weekend :(

xsmiley_wix

Touchdown Yosef
August 1st, 2008, 04:55 PM

I've said it many times this year, Wofford and USC is the other FCS FBS game i'm looking forward to. I think there is a chance and I would love to see it happen. Wofford is usually underrated by teams outside the Socon and SC just may be looking ahead that week. I'm looking forward to it.

SideLine Shooter
August 1st, 2008, 05:05 PM
Last year I pulled for them. This year I just can't do it.

I can understand that. It was amazing that CCC held us to under 80 points last year!!!xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

elcid96
August 1st, 2008, 05:25 PM

Hopefully, we can take that role.

BEAR
August 1st, 2008, 05:29 PM
I wonder if they will remake Forrest Gump anytime soon? xconfusedx

ASU88
August 1st, 2008, 06:03 PM
I've said it many times this year, Wofford and USC is the other FCS FBS game i'm looking forward to. I think there is a chance and I would love to see it happen. Wofford is usually underrated by teams outside the Socon and SC just may be looking ahead that week. I'm looking forward to it.

Yeah, those ankle-biters are tougher than they look. Just ask NC State, App St, Montana ...
xnodx

Grizaholic17
August 1st, 2008, 06:04 PM

I don't underrate Wofford for obvious reasons...but we're talking about USC here. The school that has won more championships than god!!! I wish them the best of luck, but don't hold your breath.

And as far as App, it would be nice to see them pull out another one, but for the sake of AGS i'm praying they don't. We'll never hear the end of it.

ASU88
August 1st, 2008, 06:11 PM
And as far as App, it would be nice to see them pull out another one, but for the sake of AGS i'm praying they don't. We'll never hear the end of it.

Oh come on now ... it'll die down in a few years.

Unless we manage to win it this year as well. You probably would never hear the end of the "Class That Won a National Championship Each Year of Their College Careers."
xlolx

JohnStOnge
August 1st, 2008, 06:14 PM
I am. I was born and raised in Louisiana. I live in the Baton Rouge metro area. I will have two kids at LSU. I mean, I'd like to see App State be competetive, but I don't want to see them win.

On the other hand, I'd be a lot less upset about LSU losing to App State than I would be about them losing to Troy the next week or, actually, anybody else on their schedule. If App did beat them, there would be a silver lining.

I don't think it's going to happen, though. I really don't. I think any chance App had of beating LSU evaporated when the Mountaineers beat Michigan last September.

DaveK
August 1st, 2008, 06:15 PM
I hate the SEC, so therefore I hope App. State wins.

JohnStOnge
August 1st, 2008, 06:18 PM
I don't underrate Wofford for obvious reasons...but we're talking about USC here. The school that has won more championships than god!!! I wish them the best of luck, but don't hold your breath.

He's talking about South Carolina, not Southern Cal.

JohnStOnge
August 1st, 2008, 06:22 PM

I think that, sometimes, SEC fans get carried away. But there's no denying how strong the league is. The SEC has 4 BCS championships. The Big 12 has 2. Nobody else has more than one.

Another thing: The SEC has by far the best record among BCS leagues in BCS bowls. I'm not going to look it up again right now but I have in the past. It IS the strongest college football conference year in and year out. That's just reality. Some years, no. But more years than any other conference.

Grizaholic17
August 1st, 2008, 06:23 PM
He's talking about South Carolina, not Southern Cal.

aw, that makes more sense. Well, GO WOFFORD!

Grizaholic17
August 1st, 2008, 06:24 PM

Hate to say it, but Georgia is my favorite FBS team. ANd they are going to kick a** this year. Now all my Georgia apparel will come in handy.

msupokes1
August 1st, 2008, 06:45 PM
I have nothing against App. St. and would root for them against any other BCS school, I am going to have to pull for my in state team in this one. I hope it is a good game and App. represents FCS well. With that being said are the App. fans rooting for McNeese or UNC?

ASU88
August 1st, 2008, 06:47 PM
Hate to say it, but Georgia is my favorite FBS team. ANd they are going to kick a** this year.

I like Georgia and have known a few people who went there.

Still, I find it hard to see them as #1. That team has a habit of playing horrible football a couple of weeks every year. They lose games they have no business of losing every season. Sometimes badly.

Wouldn't mind seeing them hold up, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Skjellyfetti
August 1st, 2008, 06:47 PM
I have nothing against App. St. and would root for them against any other BCS school, I am going to have to pull for my in state team in this one. I hope it is a good game and App. represents FCS well. With that being said are the App. fans rooting for McNeese or UNC?

McNeese. They'll be my second favorite team that day. I have no love for UNC.

ASU88
August 1st, 2008, 06:50 PM
With that being said are the App. fans rooting for McNeese or UNC?

I'll be rooting for McNeese.

UNC turned down a game with App St because they said they were going to play an FBS opponent in that slot. A week later they signed on to play McNeese!

I hope they get upset. Could happen!

Was pulling for Furman against UNC as well when they lost a high-scoring nail-biter.

The Cats
August 1st, 2008, 07:14 PM
FCS any day over BCS. SoCon any day over anyone ... shoot, I'd even pull for Georgia Southern over a non-SoCon.

So NOW it's app defending the SoCon's honor.....

the other 364 days of the year, you guys refer to it as the SmallCon, PrivateCon and tell everyone how you've "outgrown" the conference, how the conference sucks, especially since Samford entered, and how the conference screws asu every chance it gets, etc.......

Most of the Catamount faithful not only pulled for asu against Michigan last season, but went out of our way to congratulate you guys after the win.... and what goodwill did it earn Western????? a crucifixion of our new head coach by the mountaineer faithful because he mispronounced the word “Appalachian” at the SoCon Media Day (pronounced it app-a-LAY-chian rather than your preferred app-a-LATCH-chian). Read this thread on the MMB: "Wagner throwin' barbs" -http://forums.delphiforums.com/appstate/messages/?msg=22542.1

Now you want to play the conference loyalty card????? What a pitiful joke....

ASU88
August 1st, 2008, 07:20 PM
So NOW it's app defending the SoCon's honor..... the other 364 days of the year, you guys refer to it as the SmallCon, PrivateCon and tell everyone how you've "outgrown" the conference, how the conference sucks, ...

I can recall many more ASU fans praising the quality of the SoCon then I can saying it sucks. You hang 79 on a team and their fans never let you live it down! xlolx

Your new coach can earn all the respect he deserves by improving the WCU football team. I hope he does, too. xnodx

CID1990
August 1st, 2008, 07:53 PM

Just curious. xeyebrowx

Some of you ASu fans need to get over yourselves. Why would ANY FCS fan pull for LSU in that game? Why would any FCS fan pull for ANY FBS team over and FCS team? Any win makes us all look better.

jonmac
August 1st, 2008, 07:56 PM

the other 364 days of the year, you guys refer to it as the SmallCon, PrivateCon and tell everyone how you've "outgrown" the conference, how the conference sucks, especially since Samford entered, and how the conference screws asu every chance it gets, etc.......

Most of the Catamount faithful not only pulled for asu against Michigan last season, but went out of our way to congratulate you guys after the win.... and what goodwill did it earn Western????? a crucifixion of our new head coach by the mountaineer faithful because he mispronounced the word “Appalachian” at the SoCon Media Day (pronounced it app-a-LAY-chian rather than your preferred app-a-LATCH-chian). Read this thread on the MMB: "Wagner throwin' barbs" -http://forums.delphiforums.com/appstate/messages/?msg=22542.1

xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx
Please don't generalize us all by what a few posters say. And I think your coach should have known how to pronounce our name. Maybe he didn't, but that's OK. Just wonder where he's been for the last year not to know. And if he did it on purpose, that's OK too. We're all fair game for a little barb throwin'. After all, we are rivals. I too hope Wagner brings the Cats up. It will certainly improve the rivalry.

ASU88
August 1st, 2008, 08:28 PM
Some of you ASu fans need to get over yourselves. Why would ANY FCS fan pull for LSU in that game? Why would any FCS fan pull for ANY FBS team over and FCS team? Any win makes us all look better.

I am quite over myself. Just wanted to know. xnonox

Rob Iola
August 1st, 2008, 08:34 PM
LSU 49
ASU 21

Yeah, still bitter...

Henny
August 1st, 2008, 08:41 PM
App has no shot against LSU. Congratulations against an unprepared UM team in 07. Its a new year and Edwards will have nowhere to run and his recievers will be covered. Hopefully App. will score a couple of touchdowns.

BeauFoster
August 1st, 2008, 08:46 PM

Weak...

ASUMountaineer
August 1st, 2008, 08:50 PM
App has no shot against LSU. Congratulations against an unprepared UM team in 07. Its a new year and Edwards will have nowhere to run and his recievers will be covered. Hopefully App. will score a couple of touchdowns.

Wow, little bitter there Henny? Yup, Michigan was unprepared, perhaps they just weren't as good THAT DAY. I guess Delaware was unprepared too. WAFJ.

Again, most App fans think we will probably lose, but anything can happen. Grow up there buddy.

HiHiYikas
August 1st, 2008, 08:52 PM
I hope it is a good game and App. represents FCS well. With that being said are the App. fans rooting for McNeese or UNC?
Good words - I hope so, too.

And I'm definitely pulling for McNeese.

ASUMountaineer
August 1st, 2008, 08:58 PM
Good words - I hope so, too.

And I'm definitely pulling for McNeese.

Go Cowboys (I'm a UNC fan, but I'll stick with the FCS).

Appaholic
August 1st, 2008, 09:29 PM
I was raised a die-hard Tarheel fan.......out of everyone in my family who attended college, I am the only one that didn't attend Chapel Hill at least one year.....hell, my grandmother considered Dean Smith her third son....and some of my fondest memories growing up and a way to renew our family bond currently is the family setting around the TV watching Carolina basketball........and with that being said, I'm afraid I can only say......

GO COWBOYS!......PIMP SLAP THOSE SELF IMPORTANT, TRUST FUND PLUCKY BOYS!......xnodx

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 1st, 2008, 10:30 PM
I'm hoping for a win over LSU, a win over JMU (conference rivalry - sort of), and a loss for every other game. :D

McNeese_beat
August 1st, 2008, 10:35 PM
I think, all in all, I'll be pulling for LSU to win big again this year and they can't win big while losing to Appalachian State. I think Louisiana needs the boost it gets from LSU football because it doesn't have much else going for it (it can't seem to get out of its own way). So I'll be pulling for a competitive LSU win and an (unlikely) run at another championship.

I haven't become an LSU fan so much as I'm a soon-to-be ex-Louisianian hoping to see his home state (not original home, but adopted home) get better in ANY way.

BULLDOG8180
August 1st, 2008, 11:37 PM
App St. takes care of the Tigers in Baton Rouge, then the next week El Cid takes care of the Tigers in Klimpson.

Perfect start to the 2008 season!

griz&beer
August 2nd, 2008, 12:39 AM
I Hate LSU. USC would have killed them in the NC game. About the only NC game that they got wright was Texas, USC That was good as IT gets for BCS bull istch. A wise man said last year the best thing foe FCS football is for ASU to bet UM and then lose all there FCS games. That would be good this year too. LOL Go get them ASU, make us proud. then you can fall on your face. plz.

asucraig33
August 2nd, 2008, 01:33 AM

Definitely pulling for McNeese State on this one...let me explain. UNC Football is an embarrassment to one of the most prestiged universities in all the land. As a Chapel Hillian born and raised, I was a die hard Tar Heel fan growing up only two minutes from Franklin Street. I was there each time after they beat Dook in basketball, for Halloween, and of course for the 2005 NCAA Basketball National Championship over Illinois. Unfortunately, growing up so close, I was somewhat forced to go to UNC Football games. What a pathetic joke. The atmosphere was weak, and 99% of the time they lost to their opponent. Now, to disgrace their program even more, they turn down playing Appalachian State. Are you kidding me? What happened to "turning the program around" under new head coach Butch Davis? I have stuck it out to root for UNC Football every Saturday for the last 20 years of my life (I'm 20, FYI xlolx ) and I just can't do it anymore. No, it's not because I go to App State and I'm cocky about our the current state of dominance with our football program, it's simply because I can't cheer for a school's football that is, for lack of better phrasing, scared, to play an in-state opponent from a lower division. Shame shame UNC, I would have expected more. xnonox

Sorry for the rant, thanks for reading. xsmiley_wix

813Jag
August 2nd, 2008, 06:09 AM
Although I was born and raised in Baton Rouge and have many friends that went to and graduated from LSU, there's not a bone in my body that will let me pull for those South Baton Rouge Tigers.

AppStsGr8
August 2nd, 2008, 07:21 AM

I'm a Chapel Hill alum (old enough to be from the days they DID have a football team). I'm also a huge FCS fan with ties to App St. I'll be pulling for McNeese St. Knock 'em out.

Tribe4SF
August 2nd, 2008, 07:44 AM

Just curious. xeyebrowx

Until this thread, I was pulling for ASU.

ENOUGH!!!:D

Rob Iola
August 2nd, 2008, 07:45 AM

This is all Bush's fault...

udchuck
August 2nd, 2008, 08:56 AM
This is UD CHUCKS vote for LSU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good weekend :(

xsmiley_wix

PhillyAPPY,

If I want to vote for LSU I'll do it myself,thank you.xcoolx Actually it's not that I want LSU to win so much as I want LSU TO BEAT APPY by 42 points,and bring you guys off Cloud 9.xthumbsupx You APP guys have milked that Mich.debacle all year.and hopefully you get trimmed down to size.xthumbsupx

Have a good weekend. and don't forget to stock up on crying towels.xpeacex

appfan2008
August 2nd, 2008, 09:20 AM
i hate unc... go mcneese

phillyAPP
August 2nd, 2008, 10:37 AM
PhillyAPPY,

If I want to vote for LSU I'll do it myself,thank you.xcoolx Actually it's not that I want LSU to win so much as I want LSU TO BEAT APPY by 42 points,and bring you guys off Cloud 9.xthumbsupx You APP guys have milked that Mich.debacle all year.and hopefully you get trimmed down to size.xthumbsupx

Thanks for the advice but I believe I will come home from lSU with more excitement about 2008 football than any of the last 3 years. I think we will show ourselves very well, win or lose. And this year and next year APP is going to look outragious. We have not hit our peak yet.

Its kind of hard coming out of Cloud 9, especially coming from Philly where we are used to being let down at the end of a great season. EAGLES, Flyers, Phillies,Sixers. My Delaware friends understand that.

I again invite you to come to APP game if you ever make it to North Carolina .

JohnStOnge
August 2nd, 2008, 10:40 AM
I Hate LSU. USC would have killed them in the NC game. .

We'll never know...but I'd bet not if LSU would've played like it played against Virginia Tech at the beginning of the season and Ohio State at the end. Remember, a lot happened between the two. LSU had a lot of injury problems. They also tended to get a lot of penalties and make other little mistakes like dropping passes in many games. When they were healthy and not making those mistakes they were awfully good.

I know USC had some injury problems too. It'd have been interesting. But I think you're severely under estimating how good last year's LSU team was when it 1) was in good condition health-wise and 2) didn't make a lot of mistakes.

ASU88
August 2nd, 2008, 11:20 AM
... I want LSU TO BEAT APPY by 42 points,and bring you guys off Cloud 9.

Could you speak up a bit ... we can't hear you from all the way up here on Cloud 9!
xlolx

APPALACHIANstate
August 2nd, 2008, 12:28 PM
I could live on Cloud 8, we would still be a couple clouds ahead of everyone else.

jonmac
August 2nd, 2008, 02:26 PM

OK, check this out. This is public message board, I think anyone here can start just about any thread topic they like. It's obvious that since some of you have posted that you actually haven't had ENOUGH. If so you can simply not read in a thread about a topic that you are supposedly tired of.

PhillyAPPY,

Chuck, I really don't have a problem with most of your anti-App posts, but I think it's more the 3 consecutive National Championships that have us on Cloud 9. The Michigan win simply adds a little more fluff to the cloud. I think we deserve our stay on this cloud, just as the Eagles and the Penquins did. It'll still be nice and fluffy for the next powerhouse.

Now, having said all that, maybe some of us have been a little overzealous, but I'll say again, if you're tired of reading App threads then don't.

Appstate29
August 2nd, 2008, 02:44 PM

I can understand where you are coming from....but I hope you kick the **** out of chapel hill. Theres a lot of in-state politics (especially dealing with funding) that make me absolutely despise some chapel hill folks. Also, some of their fans are incredibly ignorant and arrogant (like SOME ASU folks it could be argued), and their legion of wal-mart fans is no less sickening. And their fans aren't just arrogant about athletics, I had a (former)high school friend who attended chapel hill come up to visit me and asked how i was enjoying my community college education. I would love for you to beat them. I'll be the first guy on the bandwagon. I'll go to chapel hill and wear MSU clothing up and down franklin street until I can't walk anymore. I'll cry tears of joy at seeing their stricken faces, akin to the same visages we saw at the conclusion of the App-Umich game.

Eight Legger
August 2nd, 2008, 02:46 PM
Can't say I have a rooting interest in this one either way, but if ASU comes out of there losing by 20 or less, my hat is off to them. LSU down there is a whole other animal from Michigan. Great FBS teams get destroyed there. VaTech got steamrolled as a top-10 team there last year. Good luck though.

udchuck
August 2nd, 2008, 04:53 PM
Could you speak up a bit ... we can't hear you from all the way up here on Cloud 9!
xlolx

If you would go back to school and learn how to read ,You would not have to hear me.OKxthumbsupx xrolleyesx

udchuck
August 2nd, 2008, 05:03 PM
OK, check this out. This is public message board, I think anyone here can start just about any thread topic they like. It's obvious that since some of you have posted that you actually haven't had ENOUGH. If so you can simply not read in a thread about a topic that you are supposedly tired of.

Chuck, I really don't have a problem with most of your anti-App posts, but I think it's more the 3 consecutive National Championships that have us on Cloud 9. The Michigan win simply adds a little more fluff to the cloud. I think we deserve our stay on this cloud, just as the Eagles and the Penquins did. It'll still be nice and fluffy for the next powerhouse.

Now, having said all that, maybe some of us have been a little overzealous, but I'll say again, if you're tired of reading App threads then don't.

Sir,
I will never get tired of reading the APP threads,I get my daily laugh reading them.xpeacex I can hardly wait till game time.xarguex

Tribe4SF
August 2nd, 2008, 05:03 PM

If you noticed the :D after my post, you might have known I was kidding. But after this lecturing, over-serious post, I have truly had...

ENOUGH!!!xsmiley_wix

appstate38
August 2nd, 2008, 05:14 PM
I think the better question is, is how many of you are ready for the season to start so we can cut down on the number of App threads?xsmiley_wix

ASUMountaineer
August 2nd, 2008, 05:50 PM
Sir,
I will never get tired of reading the APP threads,I get my daily laugh reading them.xpeacex I can hardly wait till game time.xarguex

As usual Chuck...xbawlingx Why so much hate?

jonmac
August 2nd, 2008, 05:59 PM
Sorry I didn't catch that. My post was not just directed at you, however. Many others have said they are tired of App threads. I just get tired of hearing it, that's all. Everyone would be doing the same thing if the shoe was on the other foot. I would love for you guys in Williamsburg to have similar success to us, only if we can'txsmiley_wix . Then, and not to sound condescending, it would really be worth it to drive up from Hertford, NC to see you guys play. May do that sometime anyway. Hope to catch some ODU games too someday. I hate that Boone is such a long way from me.

McNeese75
August 2nd, 2008, 06:10 PM
I think the better question is, is how many of you are ready for the season to start so we can cut down on the number of App threads?xsmiley_wix

:D

http://www.sylviarimm.com/images/Clss_065.gif

stevdock
August 2nd, 2008, 07:59 PM
No way man.

Post #2 and I don't need to read the rest. I completely agree with the entire post.

catamount man
August 2nd, 2008, 09:34 PM
GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

udchuck
August 2nd, 2008, 09:37 PM
As usual Chuck...xbawlingx Why so much hate?

NO Hate intended, xnonox Just my take on this game.I honestly think LSU will drub APP.St.xthumbsupx Bookmark this post,----If APP St. beats LSU I will display APP ST. avatar for 1 solid year. If app st. loses over 20 points,you display UD avatar 1 month.If APP st.stays under 14 points final score I'll display APP St. 1 month.----xcoolx Any takers ??????xchinscratchx xbeerchugx Hopefully I'll have 20 APP St. fans displaying UD avatars on AGS.

GreatAppSt
August 2nd, 2008, 10:07 PM
NO Hate intended, xnonox Just my take on this game.I honestly think LSU will drub APP.St.xthumbsupx Bookmark this post,----If APP St. beats LSU I will display APP ST. avatar for 1 solid year. If app st. loses over 20 points,you display UD avatar 1 month.If APP st.stays under 14 points final score I'll display APP St. 1 month.----xcoolx Any takers ??????xchinscratchx xbeerchugx Hopefully I'll have 20 APP St. fans displaying UD avatars on AGS.

So what your saying is you think LSU won't even cover 21 pts. :D

udchuck
August 2nd, 2008, 10:24 PM
So what your saying is you think LSU won't even cover 21 pts. :D

Thats not what I said.xnonox I think LSU will beat ASU a minimum of 21 points,most likely 31 plus.xpeacex --

Touchdown Yosef
August 3rd, 2008, 11:47 AM

Come on now Chuck you can't bet with the same dollar twice....

TheValleyRaider
August 3rd, 2008, 11:58 AM
I Hate LSU. USC would have killed them in the NC game. About the only NC game that they got wright was Texas, USC That was good as IT gets for BCS bull istch. A wise man said last year the best thing foe FCS football is for ASU to bet UM and then lose all there FCS games. That would be good this year too. LOL Go get them ASU, make us proud. then you can fall on your face. plz.

USC shouldn't have lost....at home.....to STANFORD xeekx xrolleyesx xcoolx

Thundering_Herd
August 3rd, 2008, 02:37 PM
I'm for LSU so we don't have to hear about it over, and over, and over,.....
ASU needs to play a good competitive game though, since they are the 'National Champs' and a blowout would not look good for FCS football in general. Good luck to the Mountaineers! But, if you win, please take it easy on here!

ASU88
August 3rd, 2008, 02:45 PM
... But, if you win, please take it easy on here!
If we win, we'll all be buying bigger hats. xlolx

Grizaholic17
August 3rd, 2008, 02:58 PM
If we win, we'll all be buying bigger hats. xlolx

If you win I have to take a leave of absence from AGS, for maybe a year, until your talk finally simmers down.
xlolx
just kidding. I wish you guys the best. The Big House holds more people, but Death Valley is exactly like Wa/Griz, the fans are crazy, and will yell to the top of their lungs. Best of luck, but i'm not holding my breath for you.

APPALACHIANstate
August 3rd, 2008, 03:05 PM
If you win I have to take a leave of absence from AGS, for maybe a year, until your talk finally simmers down.
xlolx
just kidding. I wish you guys the best. The Big House holds more people, but Death Valley is exactly like Wa/Griz, the fans are crazy, and will yell to the top of their lungs. Best of luck, but i'm not holding my breath for you.

I think a lot of APP fans will be happy to come out with a respectable score and no serious injuries.

CID1990
August 3rd, 2008, 03:19 PM
I was raised a die-hard Tarheel fan.......out of everyone in my family who attended college, I am the only one that didn't attend Chapel Hill at least one year.....hell, my grandmother considered Dean Smith her third son....and some of my fondest memories growing up and a way to renew our family bond currently is the family setting around the TV watching Carolina basketball........and with that being said, I'm afraid I can only say......

GO COWBOYS!......PIMP SLAP THOSE SELF IMPORTANT, TRUST FUND PLUCKY BOYS!......xnodx

I'm in the same boat.... most of my family and extended family went to UNC. (My brother went to NCSU, but he came back into the fold and went to law school at UNC).

I was the black sheep going to The Citadel. I pull for UNC in most games, but I pull for FCS teams when they play them.

AppStsGr8
August 3rd, 2008, 04:08 PM
I think a lot of APP fans will be happy to come out with a respectable score and no serious injuries.

That's my outlook. I want App to make FCS look good - doesn't mean they have to win to do it. I certainly don't want to see injuries that mean missed games for anyone on any team in any game.

UCAMonkey
August 3rd, 2008, 04:18 PM
That's my outlook. I want App to make FCS look good - doesn't mean they have to win to do it. I certainly don't want to see injuries that mean missed games for anyone on any team in any game.

I always cheer for FCS over FBS! xthumbsupx

ASUG8
August 3rd, 2008, 09:22 PM

McNeese - I like to see UNC lose. I wish they had scheduled us this year.

ASUG8
August 3rd, 2008, 09:24 PM

My thoughts exactly - that's how I viewed the Michigan game last year. Just don't break Armanti in half and give us a chance to finish out the season respectably.

udchuck
August 3rd, 2008, 09:59 PM
Come on now Chuck you can't bet with the same dollar twice....

Just trying to add to it.:D We still have that wager going.I'm just trying to get these other guys to display the UD logo.:D Wouldn't it be cool to have 20 APP St. guys having a UD LOGO under their name. xthumbsupx xbeerchugx

ASU
August 4th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Just trying to add to it.:D We still have that wager going.I'm just trying to get these other guys to display the UD logo.:D Wouldn't it be cool to have 20 APP St. guys having a UD LOGO under their name. xthumbsupx xbeerchugx

udchuck.....doesn't surprise me.....would not make a bet with anyone that would have my school being rooted against, or to have the score run up. IF you are truly for the FCS to have pride you would, or are, rooting for any FCS team to beat any FBS team.

Those Catamount fans.....really makes me feel badly that I have rooted for you for years to be better. Felt akin to your troubles. Even went onto your board and tried to cheer you up or show you a ray of hope. Now that you have a new coach, everyone in Cullowee has got the idea that the program is going to be great, and I hope it is, but just because you have a new coach does not necessarily improve things. If it did, GSU (the non-Atlanta one) would be NC with three coaches recently. Appalachian stuck out it's neck years ago and worked hard for years to get Western admitted to the SoCon, because we thought it was our sister school, and what happened to them, happened to App. Well thanks a lot Cat Nation.

Can understand, in a way, those La schools pulling for LSU.....except for the fact that they get so much more money -and/or- will not schedule you....kind of like having to live in a certain town, and hate to root against your big time neighbor. Looks like you would know that they would look at you a little different, and not be so cocky toward you if it did happen to them.

Those that say it can't happen.....heard that a lot last year on the Michigan board. They didn't overlook Appalachian, even their football coaching staff denied that finally. LSU isn't. But if they were to lose....you would initially hear some of them saying that they did. And a lot of you would think that also. That's because We Are FCS......We Are FCS....we have at least 22 less scholarships that "the big boys".....we don't get enough respect, don't get enough money....I bet this four year moratorium on moves is designed by "the big boys" to figure out how to screw with us even more....many App fans do not ever want to go into the FBS....

Appalachian was given a choice back in the 70's to be in 1-A.....turned it down ....decided to stay in the SoCon.....had wins I believe the year before over USC, Wake Forest, East Carolina, and Marshall. Was told 1-AA was going to have several amenities that the NCAA didn't come through with. Just so the "big boys" could get most of the football TV money.

The Cats
August 4th, 2008, 03:05 AM
udchuck.....doesn't surprise me.....would not make a bet with anyone that would have my school being rooted against, or to have the score run up. IF you are truly for the FCS to have pride you would, or are, rooting for any FCS team to beat any FBS team.

Those Catamount fans.....really makes me feel badly that I have rooted for you for years to be better. Felt akin to your troubles. Even went onto your board and tried to cheer you up or show you a ray of hope. Now that you have a new coach, everyone in Cullowee has got the idea that the program is going to be great, and I hope it is, but just because you have a new coach does not necessarily improve things. If it did, GSU (the non-Atlanta one) would be NC with three coaches recently. Appalachian stuck out it's neck years ago and worked hard for years to get Western admitted to the SoCon, because we thought it was our sister school, and what happened to them, happened to App. Well thanks a lot Cat Nation.

Can understand, in a way, those La schools pulling for LSU.....except for the fact that they get so much more money -and/or- will not schedule you....kind of like having to live in a certain town, and hate to root against your big time neighbor. Looks like you would know that they would look at you a little different, and not be so cocky toward you if it did happen to them.

Those that say it can't happen.....heard that a lot last year on the Michigan board. They didn't overlook Appalachian, even their football coaching staff denied that finally. LSU isn't. But if they were to lose....you would initially hear some of them saying that they did. And a lot of you would think that also. That's because We Are FCS......We Are FCS....we have at least 22 less scholarships that "the big boys".....we don't get enough respect, don't get enough money....I bet this four year moratorium on moves is designed by "the big boys" to figure out how to screw with us even more....many App fans do not ever want to go into the FBS....

Appalachian was given a choice back in the 70's to be in 1-A.....turned it down ....decided to stay in the SoCon.....had wins I believe the year before over USC, Wake Forest, East Carolina, and Marshall. Was told 1-AA was going to have several amenities that the NCAA didn't come through with. Just so the "big boys" could get most of the football TV money.

xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

any debt owed to asu for sponsoring Western for membership into the SoCon has long since been paid

APPALACHIANstate
August 4th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Who cares, they don't have to cheer for us, why would WESTERN want APP to beat another power?

footballer23
August 4th, 2008, 09:07 AM
I know its long shot, but I would love to see nothing more that an App State upset of LSU. It was very difficult to watch them take down my beloved Michigan last year, so the least they can do to make up for that would be to take down a team that I loathe...

HickoryCat
August 4th, 2008, 09:23 AM

Just curious. xeyebrowx

If I didn't work with so many obnoxious ASU fans, I'd be pulling for App-A-LAY-CHUN.
Getting too tired of their holier-than-thou attitudes.
Time for a dose of reality. GO TIGERS

Appaholic
August 4th, 2008, 10:52 AM
If I didn't work with so many obnoxious ASU fans, I'd be pulling for App-A-LAY-CHUN.
Getting too tired of their holier-than-thou attitudes.
Time for a dose of reality. GO TIGERS

The difference in the obnoxious App fan versus the obnoxious Western fan is...........the App fan has something to be obnoxious about.....really, the only thing more obnoxious than us piling 79 points on Western is western not being able to stop it.......xlolx

McDABest
August 4th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Sorry, I hate to say it app fans but GEAUX TIGERS! I would like to root for app but I am still a big LSU fan because McNeese has nothing against Louisiana's big school.

McNeese75
August 4th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Sorry, I hate to say it app fans but GEAUX TIGERS! I would like to root for app but I am still a big LSU fan because McNeese has nothing against Louisiana's big school.

xconfusedx No, other than the fact that they schedule out of state FCS schools for a nice chunk of change instead of playing Louisiana FCS teams xmadx. Sounds a little like ASU's issue with NC xnodx

Touchdown Yosef
August 4th, 2008, 12:49 PM

I understand how much you would love to see that happen, but if you lose you then have 20 people laying claim to your avatar. Perhaps you should try betting your signature, or offer up different months of control. Plus if you are betting with different spreads you could end up with different outcomes and you can't display 2 at once. Just some food for thought, just seems like you are making more bets (and giving less points) without taking any more risk in the bets for yourself, hence you are betting the same dollar twice...

mountain_man
August 4th, 2008, 01:52 PM
It will certainly improve the rivalry.

WCU??? What rivalry? xeyebrowx

Remember your place. We will remind you in November, dosen't really matter who the coach is. Bring Vince Lombardi back from the grave, it don't matter. You are the little sister, now and for years to come...

Sir,

You know your team can't get it done, so you have to pull for someone else to do it for you. PATHETIC...xcoffeex

udchuck
August 4th, 2008, 03:11 PM
WCU??? What rivalry? xeyebrowx

Remember your place. We will remind you in November, dosen't really matter who the coach is. Bring Vince Lombardi back from the grave, it don't matter. You are the little sister, now and for years to come...

You know your team can't get it done, so you have to pull for someone else to do it for you. PATHETIC...xcoffeex

xeyebrowx xconfusedx Can't get WHAT done ?????????????What the He!l are you trying to say?? I have no idea what your talking about.xconfusedx

udchuck
August 4th, 2008, 03:23 PM
I understand how much you would love to see that happen, but if you lose you then have 20 people laying claim to your avatar. Perhaps you should try betting your signature, or offer up different months of control. Plus if you are betting with different spreads you could end up with different outcomes and you can't display 2 at once. Just some food for thought, just seems like you are making more bets (and giving less points) without taking any more risk in the bets for yourself, hence you are betting the same dollar twice...

OK, I see what your talking about. You're correct. ---xlolx I'm thinking of only winning ,not losing.xoopsx Well it doesn't really matter I have no takers anyway.These other Mountain men don't have enough faith in their team.;)

ASU8
August 4th, 2008, 09:48 PM
I think that, sometimes, SEC fans get carried away. But there's no denying how strong the league is. The SEC has 4 BCS championships. The Big 12 has 2. Nobody else has more than one.

Another thing: The SEC has by far the best record among BCS leagues in BCS bowls. I'm not going to look it up again right now but I have in the past. It IS the strongest college football conference year in and year out. That's just reality. Some years, no. But more years than any other conference.

The ACC has three national champs, Clemson, Miami and Florida State.

813Jag
August 4th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Technically Miami doesn't count.

Appaholic
August 4th, 2008, 10:01 PM
OK, I see what your talking about. You're correct. ---xlolx I'm thinking of only winning ,not losing.xoopsx Well it doesn't really matter I have no takers anyway.These other Mountain men don't have enough faith in their team.;)

Well....it's not like were playing Delaware.......xwhistlex

Appaholic
August 4th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Technically Miami doesn't count.

You're right, but Georgia Tech, 1990 Co-Champs does.......

Appaholic
August 4th, 2008, 10:03 PM

I don't believe any are BCS champs.....maybe Fla St

TheValleyRaider
August 4th, 2008, 10:03 PM

He only mentioned BCS Titles, which the ACC can only claim FSU. Miami's title was with the Big East

813Jag
August 4th, 2008, 10:05 PM
You're right, but Georgia Tech, 1990 Co-Champs does.......
Yep, they sure do.

Touchdown Yosef
August 5th, 2008, 12:56 AM

Maryland also has one from way back, they are one of the few teams to win a NC in both football and basketball.