PDA

View Full Version : Tech's Paul Johnson Setting Sights on GSU

Lehigh Football Nation
August 1st, 2008, 01:51 PM
http://www.ajc.com/gatech/content/sports/gatech/stories/2008/07/30/tech_offensive_line.html

Like the idea of Tech one day playing Georgia Southern, where Johnson won two Division I-AA national titles? So does Johnson. He said he called Eagles coach Chris Hatcher a few months ago about just such a plan.

"We offered them a game this year when Army dropped us [from the schedule, a gap eventually filled by Gardner-Webb], and they already had Georgia [on the schedule] and I understand they didn't want to play," said Johnson, who was met by a few members from the Statesboro and Savannah-area media. "The schedules are so far in advance, but if you can get an opportunity, I think it'd be great."

xthumbsupx

OL FU
August 1st, 2008, 02:00 PM
http://www.ajc.com/gatech/content/sports/gatech/stories/2008/07/30/tech_offensive_line.html

xthumbsupx

Very good news. I think most of us thought Johnson would open the doorxthumbsupx

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 1st, 2008, 02:37 PM
It would be so surreal to have my eagles running a conventional offense with Johnson on the opposing team's sideline doing the flexbone option. You have no idea.

But hey, I can't say I haven't been wanting to play them for a long time.

appfan2008
August 1st, 2008, 02:38 PM
it is about time those 2 schools played...

cmaxwellgsu
August 1st, 2008, 03:17 PM
I would love it, but damn the timing. It's hard enough we weren't considered for the playoffs because of the win after beating two teams who went at their house. I am licking my chops now that we open with the 1-A top team.

elcid96
August 1st, 2008, 03:30 PM
Who has a harder opener Appy or GSU?

blueballs
August 1st, 2008, 04:33 PM

GSU no question due to the fact that GSU has more ????? entering the season than APP and UGA has less ???? than LSU.

bobbythekidd
August 1st, 2008, 04:48 PM
GSU no question due to the fact that GSU has more ????? entering the season than APP and UGA has less ???? than LSU.
Not to mention UGA is #1 on the USA today poll.

Skjellyfetti
August 1st, 2008, 05:02 PM

Yeah, I agree with the guys above me: GSU.