PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh/Bucknell Preview Now Up

Lehigh Football Nation
October 20th, 2005, 10:19 AM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

Lehigh, after a huge win against Yale at home last week, now travel on the road to play Bucknell in an important Patriot League matchup. Like all league games, this is a must-win, and will serve as a sign for the rest of the league to continue to take Lehigh seriously in the title hunt.

ngineer
October 20th, 2005, 12:04 PM
I think Lehigh will come out stormin' and the O will be extra geared to support Threatt. From all indications, he is a very likeable and energetic kid who obviously has the physical talent and now, just needs the seasoning. Usually, in times like this, the other players surrounding the newbie give just a little more concentration, a little more focus, knowing that Sedale will need more 'support' than required with ol' reliable Mark at the controls. This could be the big 'coming out' party that everyone thought would be next September. Lehigh hs too many weapons and has been stellar against the run all year. BU shouldn't be able to score much, unless there is poor execution in the tackling area. Ross is fast and gang tackling will be needed to trap him.
Lehigh 42-10.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 20th, 2005, 01:40 PM
I think the defense could really set the tone on Saturday. They have done very well shutting down Bucknells option attack in the past and this is probably their weakest offense since 2002. Hopfeully Lehigh's defense can force Bucknell into a lot of 3 and outs and control field position. Having a short field should give Lehigh a lot scoring chances and help build Threatts confidence heading into next weeks showdown against Colgate. The key will be whether or not Threatt can avoid making mistakes. He did have some iffy handoffs last week as it seemed like he wasn't sure of the exact play they were running. I really hope Threatt can avoid wasting timeouts because of uncertainty since playing a mentally mistake free game next week will be key. I think the pieces are still in place for this team to make a run to end the year. I'm especially glad that they have a game against Bucknell to work the bugs out that are sure to be there. The offense might not be perfect but as long as it's atleast at 75% or better i think they'll be good reason for optimism heading up to Hamilton. I picked the game 35-14 i believe on the PL board and if Lehigh executes well on offense they could hang 40+ on the board.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 21st, 2005, 01:22 PM
More on my blog: Threatt getting a lot of love from the Lehigh Valley media.

ngineer
October 22nd, 2005, 04:11 PM
I think Lehigh will come out stormin' and the O will be extra geared to support Threatt. From all indications, he is a very likeable and energetic kid who obviously has the physical talent and now, just needs the seasoning. Usually, in times like this, the other players surrounding the newbie give just a little more concentration, a little more focus, knowing that Sedale will need more 'support' than required with ol' reliable Mark at the controls. This could be the big 'coming out' party that everyone thought would be next September. Lehigh hs too many weapons and has been stellar against the run all year. BU shouldn't be able to score much, unless there is poor execution in the tackling area. Ross is fast and gang tackling will be needed to trap him.
Lehigh 42-10.

Even blind squirrels find acorns, now and then. :D