PDA

View Full Version : Sports Network

WCU LawCat
July 30th, 2008, 06:41 PM
What is going on with the FCS coverage on The Sports Network. No new stories since 6-27. They usually do rankings at every position. It has been over a month since the last entry. Coulson leave for some reason? xeekx

If so...maybe the next guy will do a better job of non bias coverage...even if he has a favorite team or dislikes one particular team.

catamount man
July 30th, 2008, 07:34 PM
I'd actually forgotten about that website.

TexasTerror
July 30th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Very curious...I hope Coulson is alright and I hope that Sports Network is not cutting FCS coverage. Very peculiar.

Wonder if my wife would let me take the job if it is vacant -- wonder how much it pays. ;)

She's an East Coast girl, bet she'd love going to Philly...

smallcollegefbfan
July 30th, 2008, 07:53 PM
What is going on with the FCS coverage on The Sports Network. No new stories since 6-27. They usually do rankings at every position. It has been over a month since the last entry. Coulson leave for some reason? xeekx

If so...maybe the next guy will do a better job of non bias coverage...even if he has a favorite team or dislikes one particular team.

He has been on the road from what I heard. He told a few schools where their RB was rated so a RB article has to be coming soon.

smallcollegefbfan
July 30th, 2008, 07:54 PM

He has been on the road from what I heard. He told a few schools where their RB was rated so a RB article has to be coming soon.

slostang
July 30th, 2008, 08:32 PM

I am sure he has been making the conference media day rounds. I am looking forward to the rest of the position rankings.

appstate38
July 30th, 2008, 08:40 PM

Are you guys getting new uniforms or will it be the same stuff from last year??

smallcollegefbfan
July 30th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Sorry for double posts. The first one didn't show up the first time.

WCU LawCat
July 30th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Are you guys getting new uniforms or will it be the same stuff from last year??

We are getting a lot of new stuff. New Adidas contract head to toe. New uniforms, helmet/football logo and school logos to replace the "huggy cat" our old AD put in place in 2004. The Briggs helmet is gone. The field turf is also being replaced with new logo painted on field. There is some other cosmetic work being done to the stadium as well. A lot of us have seen the new logo (Catamount Man has one version as his avitar) the logo was not suppose to be posted but someone did it. The official release of the logos will be August 13th. No one knows yet what will be on the helmet. The staff and administration are trying to make everything a suprise. Our AD was PISSED that someone put the file on the Catamount Pride message board. It was only up for about a day before it was removed. Western will be totally going away from the yellow gold and back to the original darker vegas gold. Also darker purple.

Sly Fox
July 31st, 2008, 10:46 AM
Those look pretty sweet ... if a bit more like Washington than you'd probably prefer.

appfan2008
July 31st, 2008, 12:00 PM
We are getting a lot of new stuff. New Adidas contract head to toe. New uniforms, helmet/football logo and school logos to replace the "huggy cat" our old AD put in place in 2004. The Briggs helmet is gone. The field turf is also being replaced with new logo painted on field. There is some other cosmetic work being done to the stadium as well. A lot of us have seen the new logo (Catamount Man has one version as his avitar) the logo was not suppose to be posted but someone did it. The official release of the logos will be August 13th. No one knows yet what will be on the helmet. The staff and administration are trying to make everything a suprise. Our AD was PISSED that someone put the file on the Catamount Pride message board. It was only up for about a day before it was removed. Western will be totally going away from the yellow gold and back to the original darker vegas gold. Also darker purple.

good luck to you... look forward to seeing the new unis...

appfan2008
July 31st, 2008, 12:00 PM
Very curious...I hope Coulson is alright and I hope that Sports Network is not cutting FCS coverage. Very peculiar.

Wonder if my wife would let me take the job if it is vacant -- wonder how much it pays. ;)

She's an East Coast girl, bet she'd love going to Philly...

philly? really?

WCU LawCat
July 31st, 2008, 02:24 PM
Those look pretty sweet ... if a bit more like Washington than you'd probably prefer.

The signature is a collection of old helmets. mayn of us liked the block W from the Bliel era but it was not traditional.

Syntax Error
July 31st, 2008, 02:57 PM
Very curious...I hope Coulson is alright...He is fine but faces a backlog that sits on the editor's desk (Tony Moss et.al.) before they release it. He may have 10 articles there but THEY decide when they are released.

JayJ79
August 1st, 2008, 05:21 AM
The website has just been updated.....
with some article about Florida Atlantic's coach or something.

I have no clue why it was posted in the FCS portion of their website, but anyway.......

bluehenbillk
August 1st, 2008, 06:51 AM
He is fine but faces a backlog that sits on the editor's desk (Tony Moss et.al.) before they release it. He may have 10 articles there but THEY decide when they are released.

Boy, that speaks volumes. Even his own editors think his writing ain't very good. xsmiley_wix

SoCon48
August 1st, 2008, 10:28 AM
Boy, that speaks volumes. Even his own editors think his writing ain't very good. xsmiley_wix

<snicker>

IaaScribe
August 1st, 2008, 11:11 AM
Coulson was out at the Big South rouser last week, so I know he's working.

Syntax Error
August 1st, 2008, 11:54 AM
Boy, that speaks volumes. Even his own editors think his writing ain't very good. xsmiley_wixmore like the editors are not or overworked

89Hen
August 1st, 2008, 01:31 PM

The signature is a collection of old helmets. mayn of us liked the block W from the Bliel era but it was not traditional.
I kinda like the logo Catamount Man has for his avatar. The W is a little too close to U Dub for me, but then again, who am I to talk considering ours. :o

WCU LawCat
August 1st, 2008, 02:30 PM
I kinda like the logo Catamount Man has for his avatar. The W is a little too close to U Dub for me, but then again, who am I to talk considering ours. :o

Catamount man's avitar is believed to be one of the versions of the new logo. Most of us like it. Him and I are two of the very few fans who "accidentally" saw the new logo layout. There are several different looks to it.

None of us have seen then new uniforms but word is the uniforms will be nice but simple. The helmet design was rumored to have "Western Carolina" across it a while back but that rumor has since been squashed....possibly. We really don't know what will be on the helmet yet.

Jerbearasu
August 2nd, 2008, 09:47 AM

What was he doing Jan-May? Couldn't he have taken care of that stuff before late July-early Aug? When you are the premier FCS news outlet you should have things out to the audience in a more timely fashion... We could have been receiving a new topic every week going over position by position rankings.