PDA

View Full Version : Will Youngstown Finally End 8-Year Drought v Northern Iowa This Season?

Cap'n Cat
July 30th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Just curious.

appfan2008
July 30th, 2008, 12:15 PM
has it really been that long since ysu beat uni?

the answer is no they will not this year either

Appaholic
July 30th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Sure....and if you pull this leg, it will play jingle bells.....xlolx

Ivytalk
July 30th, 2008, 12:42 PM
The streak will continue.xcoolx

OLDMAIN80
July 30th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Nopexpeacex
And The Citadel will continue its 10 year drought against Woffordxthumbsupx

Cap'n Cat
July 30th, 2008, 01:54 PM
I voted, um, "no".

ericsaid
July 30th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Too close last year not to win this one.

Cap'n Cat
July 30th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Too close last year not to win this one.

It was very cruel how the Cats toyed with the Pens for three quarters, then winked at each other and stole the game like pirates, laughing their way into the locker room.

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

ericsaid
July 30th, 2008, 05:55 PM
It was very cruel how the Cats toyed with the Pens for three quarters, then winked at each other and stole the game like pirates, laughing their way into the locker room.

I don't pay much attention to either team, but I sort of though UNI was overrated. Then when I saw 13-0 on ESPN, I knew you weren't going to go undefeated during the regular season. Those hopes were dashed rather quickly.xnonono2x

Cap'n Cat
July 30th, 2008, 06:15 PM
I don't pay much attention to either team, but I sort of though UNI was overrated. Then when I saw 13-0 on ESPN, I knew you weren't going to go undefeated during the regular season. Those hopes were dashed rather quickly.xnonono2x

Is it not the mark of a superb team which comes back from certain defeat to snatch victory from the jaws of.......well, penguins?

xnonox

PantherRob82
July 30th, 2008, 06:16 PM
penguin meat is oily.

Cap'n Cat
July 30th, 2008, 06:20 PM
penguin meat is oily.

Cap'n Cat's going to that game. Meeting my Pittsburgh relations there.

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

PantherRob82
July 30th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Cap'n Cat's going to that game. Meeting my Pittsburgh relations there.

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

I'll believe it when I see you there. xnodx xthumbsupx

X-Factor
July 30th, 2008, 09:22 PM
well, is this game at the Castle? If it's at the Castle I'll give them a fighting chance. If it's at the Dome....hell no!

Mountain Panther
July 30th, 2008, 09:50 PM
well, is this game at the Castle? If it's at the Castle I'll give them a fighting chance. If it's at the Dome....hell no!

Yes it's at the Ice Castle...we know our way around that place.

Cap'n Cat
July 30th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Yes it's at the Ice Castle...we know our way around that place.

We'll mail this one in again.

xcoffeex

ysubigred
July 31st, 2008, 08:15 AM

Shat!! We do better in the doom xlolx UNI has a home field advantage in Y-town xrolleyesx

Theres about 4 things YSU will need to win and stop the madness xrulesx

1. Home comming for the Guins against the Purple Pecker Eaters xeyebrowx Check xthumbsupx

2. GFC/UNI hommer ref's stay away. xmadx

3. Can Heacock finally give an inspirational half time speech to the team vs UNI xeekx

4. How healthy will the Guins be on 25 Oct since the lack of depth is a pre season concern. xsmhx

If all four above line up in YSU's favor it should be a great game xbowx

Houndawg
July 31st, 2008, 08:25 AM
Shat!! We do better in the doom xlolx UNI has a home field advantage in Y-town xrolleyesx

Theres about 4 things YSU will need to win and stop the madness xrulesx

1. Home comming for the Guins against the Purple Pecker Eaters xeyebrowx Check xthumbsupx

2. GFC/UNI hommer ref's stay away. xmadx

3. Can Heacock finally give an inspirational half time speech to the team vs UNI xeekx

4. How healthy will the Guins be on 25 Oct since the lack of depth is a pre season concern. xsmhx

If all four above line up in YSU's favor it should be a great game xbowx

I didn't see that game, did YSU get chumped by the refs?xwhistlex

X-Factor
July 31st, 2008, 08:31 AM
Last year was the first year we had the Gateway now Missouri Valley refs. They are not good any way you look at it. I believe we used BigTen refs before last year. I guess you get what you pay for.

Cap'n Cat
July 31st, 2008, 08:35 AM
Ain't a damned thing wrong with refs anywhere. Blaming "homer" refs is simply another excuse.

Rise above it and win. It's that simple. I've seen the Cats overcome what I thought was poor officiating, but that officiating is no disease.

xrolleyesx

Houndawg
July 31st, 2008, 08:52 AM
They are not good any way you look at it.

They are if you've been called by MEAC refs.

ysubigred
July 31st, 2008, 08:59 AM
Ain't a damned thing wrong with refs anywhere. Blaming "homer" refs is simply another excuse.

Rise above it and win. It's that simple. I've seen the Cats overcome what I thought was poor officiating, but that officiating is no disease.

xrolleyesx

xviolinx xblahblahx xblahblahx :D

ysubigred
July 31st, 2008, 11:43 AM
I didn't see that game, did YSU get chumped by the refs?xwhistlex

LOL!! xdizzyx xshakingmadx

Cap'n Cat
July 31st, 2008, 12:11 PM
LOL!! xdizzyx xshakingmadx

As with every other team in the GFC, they were simply outcoached.

xnodx xrulesx

Grizaholic17
July 31st, 2008, 12:15 PM
Some elements are missing from UNI this year, and YSU keeps gaining talent. I think it's about time. And if YSU is going to do it, their cards are layed out right.

ysubigred
July 31st, 2008, 12:40 PM
As with every other team in the GFC, they were simply outcoached.

xnodx xrulesx

Barney the dinosaur could out coach Heacock xnonono2x The talent that went through Y-town since 2001 and there's only 1 run at the playoff's is simply astounding xbawlingx

Cap'n Cat
July 31st, 2008, 01:58 PM
Barney the dinosaur could out coach Heacock xnonono2x The talent that went through Y-town since 2001 and there's only 1 run at the playoff's is simply astounding xbawlingx

Man, you shoulda hired Farley outta Kansas before UNI got him!

xlolx xlolx

ysubigred
July 31st, 2008, 02:12 PM
Man, you shoulda hired Farley outta Kansas before UNI got him!

xlolx xlolx

Don't get me wrong! JH is as cool as it get's as far a person and all but his coaching style is suspect especially when recruiting and in the big games especially with the lead at half :o Your right, Farley would have been a block buster hire for YSU. "BUT"!! You should know the area (Ohio valley/Y-town) is driven by the in house "hire the home town guy" mentality. xrulesx

Cap'n Cat
July 31st, 2008, 02:14 PM
You know, should they happen to knock off the Cats after all these eons, it would be bigger than any of them old-azz championships they won. They'll tear down the goalposts there at Limbaugh Stadium.

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Cap'n Cat
July 31st, 2008, 02:16 PM
Don't get me wrong! JH is as cool as it get's as far a person and all but his coaching style is suspect especially when recruiting and in the big games especially with the lead at half :o Your right, Farley would have been a block buster hire for YSU. "BUT"!! You should know the area (Ohio valley/Y-town) is driven by the in house "hire the home town guy" mentality. xrulesx

Many Cat fans shudder at the the thought of the Panther program being out of the "Mudra Family" of coaches after most of the last 25 years.

ysubigred
July 31st, 2008, 02:25 PM
You know, should they happen to knock off the Cats after all these eons, it would be bigger than any of them old-azz championships they won. They'll tear down the goalposts there at Limbaugh Stadium.

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

No shat!! I'm running across the field butt naked with a bottle of CPT Morgan in my hand xbowx xthumbsupx

Cap'n Cat
July 31st, 2008, 02:32 PM
No shat!! I'm running across the field butt naked with a bottle of CPT Morgan in my hand xbowx xthumbsupx

I'll be there, so I'll let you bash me over the skull.

Man, If the Pens win, I'm kissing I-AA Fan on the mouth and slipping him the tongue, all the while carressing his firm buttocks.

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

UNI Pike
July 31st, 2008, 03:04 PM
I'll be there, so I'll let you bash me over the skull.

Man, If the Pens win, I'm kissing I-AA Fan on the mouth and slipping him the tongue, all the while carressing his firm buttocks.

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Why do you make the same promise every year Cap'n? xconfusedx

I'm worried that you're at the game this year - you might channel Tommy Lewis of Bama fame to keep the promise? xoopsx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSteCSinjTs

Monarch History
July 31st, 2008, 03:21 PM
Good luck and I hope you guys finally pull one out, however you might want to post this next August; Will Youngstown Finally End 9-Year Drought v Northern Iowa This Season? xeyebrowx

SeattleGriz
July 31st, 2008, 03:25 PM
When Tressel sold his soul to the devil to win all those games, he sold YSU's soul as well.

Cap'n Cat
July 31st, 2008, 03:33 PM
When Tressel sold his soul to the devil to win all those games, he sold YSU's soul as well.

Indignant, Tressel-protective I-AA Fan in 5...4...3...2...

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Cap'n Cat
July 31st, 2008, 03:35 PM
Why do you make the same promise every year Cap'n? xconfusedx

The butthead always avoids me. He blew a bunch of us all off in 2001 and has been a stinkbag ever since.

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

AlphaSigMD
July 31st, 2008, 04:26 PM
I'm pulling for the Guin's, as I'm now in Ohio.

I'd like to see them do it!

Cap'n Cat
August 1st, 2008, 07:01 AM
I'm pulling for the Guin's, as I'm now in Ohio.

I'd like to see them do it!

Who asked you?!!

xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

skinny_uncle
August 1st, 2008, 08:16 AM
As long as UNI continues the tradition of losing in Carbondale, I could care less what they do at Youngstown.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h13/skinny_uncle/cat-shock.jpg

Cap'n Cat
August 1st, 2008, 08:32 AM
As long as UNI continues the tradition of losing in Carbondale, I could care less what they do at Youngstown.

An' vicey versey!

xnodx xnodx xnodx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Purple For Life
August 1st, 2008, 08:53 AM

No different that my cat batting around the bug she found in the living room for twenty minutes, then eating it in one gulp! xthumbsupx

Cap'n Cat
August 1st, 2008, 12:33 PM
No different that my cat batting around the bug she found in the living room for twenty minutes, then eating it in one gulp! xthumbsupx

Meow.

Cap'n Cat
August 1st, 2008, 06:25 PM
Bump.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Cap'n Cat
August 4th, 2008, 03:30 PM
I don't think the voting is over in this one yet, is it?

:D :D :D :D :D

Cap'n Cat
August 11th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Hmmm. Can't believe we've finished commenting on this.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

PantherRob82
August 11th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Not much to say.....it speaks for itself

stevdock
August 11th, 2008, 05:39 PM
I would be interested in learning more about this rivalry between our conference mates. I just don't have the time or energy right now to look it up. So if someone's bored I'd love to see some more talk about this. Trying to learn all I can about the MVFC teams.

PantherRob82
August 11th, 2008, 05:48 PM
We've beat them home and away since 2001. (Farley has never lost to them)

Cap'n Cat
August 12th, 2008, 02:05 PM
We've beat them home and away since 2001. (Farley has never lost to them)

Nor will he ever, likely.

xnodx xnodx xnodx

DOME
August 12th, 2008, 02:18 PM
I'm sure someone will offer him a million bucks or something and he'll wind up as McDermott's co-worker again.
Now that I'm not a student anymore I wish UNI would abandon that "Students First" campaign and focus on sports and pay coaches and AD's what they're worth :)

Purple For Life
August 12th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Meow.

Purr.

PS--here's the bug killing video...hilarious!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFa3pNJLGp0

Cap'n Cat
August 12th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Purr.

PS--here's the bug killing video...hilarious!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFa3pNJLGp0

Forget the bug-killing crap. Where's the sunbathing stuff???

xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

ShowMeBear2
August 12th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Hell I am ready for Mo State to kick the Pens ass this year.

PantherRob82
August 12th, 2008, 07:15 PM

Let's not go too far. ;) :D xlolx

wkuhillhound
August 12th, 2008, 07:52 PM
I would be interested in learning more about this rivalry between our conference mates. I just don't have the time or energy right now to look it up. So if someone's bored I'd love to see some more talk about this. Trying to learn all I can about the MVFC teams.

Former member, technically, GFC member Western Kentucky was the last team to win a National Championship. ;) Other teams have tried but failed. xcoffeex xlolx xlolx xlolx

Cap'n Cat
August 13th, 2008, 10:05 AM

It will happen. Pens will finish 0-8 in conf. Heacock gets fired. YSU hires a UNI assistant to take over and, finally, success returns to Y Town.

xnodx xnodx xnodx

Saluki Fan in FL
August 13th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Former member, technically, GFC member Western Kentucky was the last team to win a National Championship. ;) Other teams have tried but failed. xcoffeex xlolx xlolx xlolx

And to the bottom of the pile of FBS *****y teams you go. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xnodx

Saluki Fan in FL
August 13th, 2008, 01:22 PM
It will happen. Pens will finish 0-8 in conf. Heacock gets fired. YSU hires a UNI assistant to take over and, finally, success returns to Y Town.

xnodx xnodx xnodx

Your assistants won't coach against UNI.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 13th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Man I never realized YSU had fallen on such hard times.

How can they not beat to death a program like No Iowa?

Is No. Iowa a DII school?

I know they are not a DII school, but maybe they should be. Just sayin

ShowMeBear2
August 13th, 2008, 06:21 PM

xnodx xnodx xnodx

I do think Bears will finish in top of the league this year.xthumbsupx

skinny_uncle
August 13th, 2008, 07:52 PM
They may be the last but they are not the only ones. SIU and YSU have won national titles, too.

Cap'n Cat
August 14th, 2008, 11:26 AM
They may be the last but they are not the only ones. SIU and YSU have won national titles, too.

Yeah, what, back in the fifties?

http://www.nativeamericans.com/JimThorpe_FootballStar.jpg
"Let's go, Salukis, two minutes and we got these
Western Carolina bums by the nuts!"

UNI Pike
August 14th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I do think Bears will finish in top of the league this year.xthumbsupx

Did you move to the PFL? xeyebrowx

PantherRob82
August 14th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Pete the Penguins wife is kinda slutty.

UNI Pike
August 15th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Pete the Penguins wife is kinda slutty.

That celebrity gossip monger Perez Hilton caught them in the act - http://img.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/penguins__oPt.jpg

Cap'n Cat
August 15th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Hey, do you think they'll tear down the goalposts at Limbaugh Stadium if they finally beat UNI?

Perspective:

*There have been 63 head-of-state changes in the world since YSU last beat UNI.

*We were not even dreaming of invading Iraq and the Twin Towers attacks was more than a year in the future!

*UNI has graduated (holding actual sheepskin) 159 football players since YSU last beat UNI. Tops in the league, by far.
Youngstown: 44.

xeyebrowx

appfan2008
August 15th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Hey, do you think they'll tear down the goalposts at Limbaugh Stadium if they finally beat UNI?

Perspective:

*There have been 63 head-of-state changes in the world since YSU last beat UNI.

*We were not even dreaming of invading Iraq and the Twin Towers attacks was more than a year in the future!

*UNI has graduated (holding actual sheepskin) 159 football players since YSU last beat UNI. Tops in the league, by far.
Youngstown: 44.

xeyebrowx

impressive...

Cap'n Cat
August 15th, 2008, 03:08 PM
impressive...

Oh, I was lying about that last one, '08. I don't know the 'zack figgers.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Nevertheless, UNI is the top classroom performing program in that confie. Has been for years.

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

PantherRob82
August 15th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Anyone see the new flags they hung at YSU?

I-AA Fan
August 15th, 2008, 09:25 PM
"BUT"!! You should know the area (Ohio valley/Y-town) is driven by the in house "hire the home town guy" mentality. xrulesx

No, that is how they choose their starting QB's xthumbsupx That being said:

http://ysupenguins.com/penguinhorizon.jpg

Fear the Penguin

Purple For Life
August 16th, 2008, 10:56 AM
No, that is how they choose their starting QB's xthumbsupx That being said:

http://ysupenguins.com/penguinhorizon.jpg

Fear the Penguin

Fear the Panther. I hear they eat penguins in one bite.

http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/images/rosalindhook/2005/06/04/panther.jpg

Mountain Panther
August 16th, 2008, 12:27 PM
I know they are not a DII school, but maybe they should be. Just sayin

Why, because you need ANOTHER DII school to fill your OOC schedule? xeyebrowx

I-AA Fan
August 16th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Indignant, Tressel-protective I-AA Fan in 5...4...3...2...

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Tressel-protective? xlolx

If I truly gave a crap, I would go with my daughter to Ohio State games. I actually have 20 Buckeye tickets (including 4 OSU vs. Michigan tickets) in my desk drawer right now. They are student packages & do not include the first two games, as the students are not in class. I live 5-minutes from the shoe & I still drive to the ice castle every weekend in the fall. Although I will attend one OSU game this year ...August 30th. Also, I was able to get 2 signed copies of Tressel's book from him. It pays to keep connections.

JayJ79
August 16th, 2008, 08:23 PM
They are student packages & do not include the first two games, as the students are not in class.

OSU doesn't start class until two weeks into the football season? craziness.

I-AA Fan
August 16th, 2008, 08:51 PM
OSU doesn't start class until two weeks into the football season? craziness.

YSU was the same way until last year, quarters vs. semesters. Ohio State and Youngstown State were the only DI schools in the state to still be on quarters. YSU switched to semesters & now OSU in the only school still on quarters. The disadvantage of semesters for OSU is that the players will get their grades prior to the bowl game, when many fail. Then they will not be eligible to play. Also, the semester begins half way through fall camp, which interferes with camp and can kill eligibility earlier in the season. That is why OSU will never switch to the semester system. Any I-AA/FCS schools will have the same problem this year, if they make the final.

I-AA Fan
August 16th, 2008, 09:28 PM
[QUOTE=Purple For Life;1061771]Fear the Panther. I hear they eat penguins in one bite.

That's not what I heard:

http://ysupenguins.com/graphics/marchofthepenguinsuni.jpg

"Penguins do not have teeth like humans but will pinch hard with their beaks, which are very sharp, to protect themselves, their nests or their chicks. Penguins have no land predators, so they have no fear, but still they are cunning and will not let us get too close. Penguins are not afraid of humans, but if you get closer than about 10’ when they are on their territory they will ‘growl’ at you. If you get closer they’ll bite and beat you with their flippers. They're ability function equally-well on land or sea gives them an advantage over most other land creatures." xreadx ...I also hear that they have the best nickel and dime package of all land dwelling creatures.

PantherRob82
August 16th, 2008, 11:11 PM
I also hear that they have the best nickel and dime package of all land dwelling creatures.

Except one week a year they hibernate. xthumbsupx

Purple For Life
August 17th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Except one week a year they hibernate. xthumbsupx

...because as much as they like to try to deny it, they are scared *****less of Panthers. xthumbsupx

Cap'n Cat
August 18th, 2008, 01:40 PM
That's not what I heard:

http://ysupenguins.com/graphics/marchofthepenguinsuni.jpg

Great pic, Fan. xnodx xnodx xbowx xbowx xbowx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Hey, you are a good fan, too. I respect that you do the Castle rather than the Shoe every home weekend.

Now, this year I am going to be there at Limbaugh with a pride of Cat fans. You gonna blow us off as you did in 2001?

No hard website feelings, just wanna break beer.

xnodx