PDA

View Full Version : New Vid-board in at The Tub

93henfan
July 30th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Photo courtesy Hentastic from gohens.net:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3127/2715445546_fe5ccca49b.jpg?v=0

93henfan
July 30th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Crap, didn't see this was posted already!

Mod please delete thread. I reported.

MplsBison
July 30th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Is is still off center between the two main grandstands as shown in your sig pic?

93henfan
July 30th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Is is still off center between the two main grandstands as shown in your sig pic?

Yes it is. Same spot, bigger board (w/ video). I don't think they wanted to redo the footers because of plans to revamp the stadium.

andy7171
July 30th, 2008, 08:57 AM
I kinda liked the old one with the yardage tallys. It was especially fun watching the rushing totals roll over 300 from the field as we closed in on that end in 1993.

93henfan
July 30th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I kinda liked the old one with the yardage tallys. It was especially fun watching the rushing totals roll over 300 from the field as we closed in on that end in 1993.

Yes, many have mentioned they'll miss that as a static display. It will still be displayed at random on the vid board.

MplsBison
July 30th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I don't think they wanted to redo the footers because of plans to revamp the stadium.

Or build a new one?

89Hen
July 30th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Yes it is. Same spot, bigger board (w/ video). I don't think they wanted to redo the footers because of plans to revamp the stadium.

Sux for me since I can't see the board anyway from my seats. But yes, I too will miss the yardage numbers. Supposedly there is another scoreboard going in the other endzone, but it won't have the stats either.

93henfan
July 30th, 2008, 11:20 AM
I'm here. My only concern is that I not be put in the upper deck should the new plans be a two-tier stadium. Even that might be OK if it's in the first couple of rows.

appfan2008
July 30th, 2008, 12:02 PM
I'm here. My only concern is that I not be put in the upper deck should the new plans be a two-tier stadium. Even that might be OK if it's in the first couple of rows.

it looks like from your seat you wouldnt be able to se that scoreboard... is that true?

appfan2008
July 30th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Sux for me since I can't see the board anyway from my seats. But yes, I too will miss the yardage numbers. Supposedly there is another scoreboard going in the other endzone, but it won't have the stats either.

do you like that view of the game? it looks rough from down there...

93henfan
July 30th, 2008, 01:20 PM
it looks like from your seat you wouldnt be able to se that scoreboard... is that true?

Nope, you can see it very well. The stands aren't convex! The whole stadium can except for the north end zone, and now they're at least getting a scoreboard they can see well in the other end zone, sans video.

To answer your other post, I believe 89Hen has the family package in the north end zone.

89Hen
July 30th, 2008, 02:08 PM
do you like that view of the game? it looks rough from down there...

Nope, you can see it very well. The stands aren't convex! The whole stadium can except for the north end zone, and now they're at least getting a scoreboard they can see well in the other end zone, sans video.

To answer your other post, I believe 89Hen has the family package in the north end zone.
93 has it correct. I don't have a choice on where my seats are, but to be honest, they are absolutely perfect for families. There is a concession stand in the far right corner as you look at that picture, we are only four rows up and when the play is in our end (which for some odd reason it is a lot more than 50%) we have phenomenal seats. It's easy in and out too. When the final whistle blows, I can be outside the stadium in 90 seconds. xnodx I will try to find some of the pictures I've taken from down there.

89Hen
July 30th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Here you go app. This is the view from my seats...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32792

HEY, now that I look at it, you posted in that thread.

UDBlueLotFan
July 30th, 2008, 03:23 PM

Since we're at it...