PDA

View Full Version : LA Times - Potential FCS Over FBS Upsets

WIUFan
July 29th, 2008, 09:05 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dufstories30-2008jul30,0,5200354.column

Sorry if this is a repost. Some of them are kinda dumb, like Chattanooga at Oklahoma or Charleston Southern at Miami, but I could see the rest of them happening. Since when is Western Michigan FCS too? Oh well, I guess you can't expect the writers for one of the largest newspapers in the US to check his facts before he writes them. A lot of love for the Missouri Valley here, which I don't mind.

furman94
July 29th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Wow... very sad info this guy has!

JohnStOnge
July 30th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Even though I don't look at North Carolina as as "weak" now as I did when McNeese first got on the Tar Heels' schedule, I think McNeese arguably has a better chance to beat North Carolina than any of the FCS teams listed in that article have to beat the noted FBS opponents they have.

As others have noted, I don't think the writer of that article has much of a clue.

ericsaid
July 30th, 2008, 05:43 PM
That was the worst article i've read.

CSUBUCDAD
July 30th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Glad to see Chuck South on the top of the list but this guy completely forgets that the Canes lost 29 bubbas that were coming back to a cheating scandle and this after they sucked big time last year and still have no clue what they are going to do on offense. Everyone seems to be counting on Bailey to come in and stop the world at Middle Linebacker.

Chuck South returns 18 starters on both sides of the ball and regardless of whether Tuscono or Reese gets the nod at QB, the offensive punch the Bucs will bring will be far more potent than anything we have seen to date from the Bucs.

Last year was last year, and as I have reminded the Cane faithful on the Scout.com board of just that fact, folks may want to keep an eye on this game.

csubuccaneers
July 30th, 2008, 08:42 PM
We should at least keep it close xthumbsupx

BeauFoster
July 30th, 2008, 08:46 PM
We should at least keep it close xthumbsupx

Just watch out for the Miami players with crutches. They will do anything they can to see action on the field. xeekx