PDA

View Full Version : GoJaxState.Com has been HACKED !

Gamecocks99
July 28th, 2008, 12:09 PM
From the Admin. of GoJaxState.Com :( :(

Hey guys! We have been HACKED! Over the past few days I have been working to restore the board, but unfortunately I have not been able to get it fixed yet. So far it is actually looking like more damage has been done than was originally thought. I am working on fixing the system and as soon as it is fixed you will see a board here instead of this message! : )

I hope to restore it completely, but we may have been attacked to the point that we may have to start over from scratch (which is COMPLETELY last resort), but as soon as I know the damage done and how much I am able to save you guys will be the first to know!

Take care,

Michael Bell

[email protected]

appfan2008
July 28th, 2008, 12:11 PM
that sux

Cocky
July 28th, 2008, 01:26 PM
that sux

It is really tough when Michael is doing it as a side (non paying) job.

93henfan
July 28th, 2008, 01:39 PM
I do not understand cybergeeks. Obviously, the person that did this received some thrill by destroying an FCS message board. Why?

I guess it's the same affliction that causes some rich people to shoplift and my wife to drive 20 miles to a gas station that is 2 cents less per gallon. There must be some feeling of victory in obtaining the mundane.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 28th, 2008, 01:52 PM
I do not understand cybergeeks. Obviously, the person that did this received some thrill by destroying an FCS message board. Why?

I guess it's the same affliction that causes some rich people to shoplift and my wife to drive 20 miles to a gas station that is 2 cents less per gallon. There must be some feeling of victory in obtaining the mundane.

Or the same affliction that makes Montana fans interested in buying Washington-Griz turf... :p

BearsCountry
July 28th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Same thing happened to our site as well, we had to restart over. It really sucks.

furman94
July 28th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Its the Soviets...er I mean Russians. Those techno geeks love a good message board hack!

MSUBear42
July 28th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Same thing happened to our site as well, we had to restart over. It really sucks.

Well, while it sucked at the moment, I believe it payed off BIG time.

MSUBearNation.com is 20000X better than the old message board.

CopperCat
July 28th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Sounds like this has happened to more than one fanboard. Hopefully you're up and running again soon.

And hopefully somebody takes the teenage degenerates out behind the tool shed and shows them the real meaning of "hacking."xnonono2x

McNeese75
July 28th, 2008, 10:30 PM
It takes a real Prick to hack a football forum xmadx

Cocky
July 28th, 2008, 10:34 PM
If anyone can email Michael the fix or any ideas please do.

BearsCountry
July 28th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Well, while it sucked at the moment, I believe it payed off BIG time.

MSUBearNation.com is 20000X better than the old message board.

I agree with that.

Minuteman2012
July 28th, 2008, 11:33 PM
My friend who knows stuff about computers was showing me how easy it is to make a virus the other day. It really is so simple. It's a shame they had to use something like this on a message board. Couldn't they have at least taken out Florida or LSU's board instead?

My friend said you have to re-write the Java Script or whatever you use to run the site. That's all he could really tell me because he doesn't know specifics.

Gamecocks99
July 29th, 2008, 09:49 AM
If anyone can email Michael the fix or any ideas please do.

Here is Mike's email address

[email protected]

Thanks to anyone who could lend a helping hand

dystopiamembrane
July 29th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Do you think it was GT fans?

Gamecocks99
July 29th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Do you think it was GT fans?

who knows ?

dystopiamembrane
July 29th, 2008, 12:16 PM
who knows ?
If it was, that's kind of sweet.

Go hack their site!

dystopiamembrane
July 29th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Looks like jsugamecocksports.com is also down.

Gamecocks99
July 29th, 2008, 02:50 PM
If it was, that's kind of sweet.

Go hack their site!

I doubt it was GT