PDA

View Full Version : Jackrabbits releases 2008 outlook

RabidRabbit
July 27th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Position by position.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15000&KEY=&ATCLID=1148488&SPID=7153&SPSID=64631

As expected glaring challenge is in special teams, trying to replace Parker Douglas, the kicker who demolished most of the kicking records formerly held by Adam Viniteri.

RabidRabbit
July 28th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Position by position.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15000&KEY=&ATCLID=1148488&SPID=7153&SPSID=64631

As expected glaring challenge is in special teams, trying to replace Parker Douglas, the kicker who demolished most of the kicking records formerly held by Adam Viniteri.

Bump

slostang
July 28th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Hey RR, I sure hope your bunnies are more hospitable to my Mustangs this year. I am glad to see the Jacks back on the Stang's schedule the next two years and hope to see that trend continue.

Good luck to the Jacks in their new conference. I'll be pulling for them.

RabidRabbit
July 28th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Hey RR, I sure hope your bunnies are more hospitable to my Mustangs this year. I am glad to see the Jacks back on the Stang's schedule the next two years and hope to see that trend continue.

Good luck to the Jacks in their new conference. I'll be pulling for them.

Jacks have a very challenging schedule this year. With 5 other teams in the preseason polls in the MoValley, plus the best of the Great West xbowx xbowx and the Southland, Jacks have 6 top 25 + a BCS (first ever).

Besides winning the Great West, I see the Stangs as needing to win 2 out of 3 of your big games, which should be Montana, McNeese St., and SDSU. Will the Jacks be the thorn deflating your play-off ballon like they have been, especially in 2006, stealing your homecoming game? Good news for the Stangs, in that you're NOT the Hobo Day opponent (McNeese gets that honor).

slostang
July 28th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Jacks have a very challenging schedule this year. With 5 other teams in the preseason polls in the MoValley, plus the best of the Great West xbowx xbowx and the Southland, Jacks have 6 top 25 + a BCS (first ever).

Besides winning the Great West, I see the Stangs as needing to win 2 out of 3 of your big games, which should be Montana, McNeese St., and SDSU. Will the Jacks be the thorn deflating your play-off ballon like they have been, especially in 2006, stealing your homecoming game? Good news for the Stangs, in that you're NOT the Hobo Day opponent (McNeese gets that honor).

This year is the rubber match. Serries tied at 2-2. Should be another great game. I think the Mustangs will have the game circled. At least I hope they do.

I agree that the Stangs will need to take 2 of the 3 games you mentioned. If they start the season with a win over the other SDSU (San Diego State University), it will certainly take some pressure off.

McNeese75
July 28th, 2008, 11:41 PM

RR, where can I go online to learn more about Hobo Day and what goes on during the day. I will be there for the game but I cannot seem to find much online for what I saw somewhere is the 2nd biggest event in SD.

roadwarrior
July 29th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Basically, Hobo Day = Mass quantities of beer

McNeese75
July 29th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Basically, Hobo Day = Mass quantities of beer

xrolleyesx

And you only do that once a year????? xconfusedx :D

slostang
July 29th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Last year the Mustangs were coming off the big rival game with UC Davis and South Dakota State was coming off a bye. The Jacks used their time well and came with a great game plan and took it to the Mustangs.

This year the Mustangs should be well rested. Their schedule before the SDSU game go as follows:

Sept. 27th - Bye
Oct. 4th - University of South Dakota
Oct. 11th - Bye
Oct. 18th - @ South Dakota State

I would expect with the extra time Ellerson will come up with a few surprises for the Jacks. Unfortunately the Jacks have their bye the week before they play the Mustangs again this year.

RabidRabbit
July 30th, 2008, 09:33 AM
RR, where can I go online to learn more about Hobo Day and what goes on during the day. I will be there for the game but I cannot seem to find much online for what I saw somewhere is the 2nd biggest event in SD.

Hobo Day is primarily defined by two major events, the parade and the football game (lots of drinking associated with both by students.

The Hobo Day Parade is the largest parade in SD each year. Features about 50 bands, 35 floats, equestrian squads, and the convertibles with honoraries. Runs about 2 hours 10-12 AM. The primary streets of Brookings will have the parade on them.

The football games atmosphere should match up well with McNeese St, just not quite as robust tailgating atmosphere, and with only two hours between the parade and the game, the tailgating may be smaller than normal. Lunch would be a good choice to have fixed yourself, as the cafes, bars and any food vendor will be swamped between the post parade, start of the game.

I've been away from Brookings for a while, so suggest make the inquiry over at

www.SDSUfans.com/board

and ask some of the locals.