PDA

View Full Version : Aps State - Tar Heels

yoself09
July 27th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Mountaineers coach Moore wants to play Tar Heels
The Associated Press
Published: Thursday, July 24, 2008 at 4:00 a.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, July 24, 2008 at 4:00 a.m.
Appalachian State has played North Carolina in football only once - in 1940.

Mountaineers coach Jerry Moore is trying to end the drought.

Moore acknowledged Wednesday that he's tried to get the Tar Heels on their schedule. So far, North Carolina has balked.

Moore said he's puzzled why the Tar Heels scheduled McNeese State for their season opener instead of the Mountaineers. He said a matchup with North Carolina would be a "great football game" and "good for the state."

But playing the three-time defending Football Championship Subdivision champions would be risky for the Tar Heels. Appalachian State stunned then fifth-ranked Michigan last season.

Appalachian State lost to North Carolina State 23-10 in 2006.

http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20080724/APS/807240586

HighRyder08
July 27th, 2008, 05:39 PM
ASU would murk em

Footix
July 27th, 2008, 05:51 PM
ASU would murk em

Maybe this year. Maybe next. But Butch has started to get the ball rolling in Chapel Hill. Give him a few more recruiting classes and the Heels will have departed from the mediocrity of the last decade.

JohnStOnge
July 27th, 2008, 06:25 PM
ASU would murk em

I think UNC would be the clear favorite if they played this year. That's not saying App couldn't win, but I think UNC would be the favorite.

The reason I say that is because I've been looking at info on them because McNeese is playing them. At first I thought this would be McNeese's best opportunity to date to get a win over a BCS league team.

But after looking at the way in which North Carolina lost so many close games last season and how much they have coming back, I think the Tar Heels may be primed for a breakout season in the ACC. I don't think they'll be as good as the BCS league team App WILL be playing on August 30, but I think the odds are better than even that they'll end up in the final top 25.

I know App State beat a team that finished in the top 25 last year. But that's the only time that's ever happened. It's not a common occurence.

AppGirl
July 27th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Just read a great article about this in the local paper.
http://newstopic.net/articles/2008/07/27/sports/46jpcolumn.txt

Grizaholic17
July 27th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Ha. I love how now FBS schools are now supposedly scared. Stop walking so tall. Why is this news coming out just now? McNeese is just the same caliber program as App St. Good luck Cowboys!

The Moody1
July 27th, 2008, 07:01 PM

"This year, the Mountaineers open at defending national champion LSU in what will be a monumental challenge. Next year, they'll take on Florida, national champions the year before last."

Good article, but we don't play Florida until 2010. Currently, we don't have an FBS school for '09.

McTailGator
July 27th, 2008, 07:23 PM
The Associated Press

Moore acknowledged Wednesday that he's tried to get the Tar Heels on their schedule. So far, North Carolina has balked.

Moore said he's puzzled why the Tar Heels scheduled McNeese State for their season opener instead of the Mountaineers. He said a matchup with North Carolina would be a "great football game" and "good for the state."

But playing the three-time defending Football Championship Subdivision champions would be risky for the Tar Heels. Appalachian State stunned then fifth-ranked Michigan last season.

Let's trade...xsmiley_wix

gophoenix
July 27th, 2008, 07:24 PM
The Associated Press

North Carolina has balked at all the in-state schools. They won't play us. Wouldn't play A&T when they were good. That're a bunch of pansies.

whoanellie
July 27th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Furman has a win on the Tarheels....the same year Elon beat Furman.....
if I were UNC AD I would never schedule ASU, absolutely nothing to gain.
call them what you want......they are...

phillyAPP
July 27th, 2008, 07:44 PM
The Associated Press

I know from a coach at UNC that they feel like Wake Forest in that playing APP and possibly losing does NOTHING for their football program. IT may never happen which sucks.

The fact is they are CHICKENS and they admit it.

If it were basketball they don't hesitate.

No offense to the UD Hens and Coastal Carolina.

SuperJon
July 27th, 2008, 07:44 PM
App has everything to gain and Carolina has everything to lose for playing that game. I don't blame Carolina for not scheduling it. They're still trying to rebuild the program and get to a respectable level. You can't take the chance of losing to a lower level program if you're in their spot, especially not one in the same state who you battle for recruits with.

james_lawfirm
July 27th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Ha. I love how now FBS schools are now supposedly scared. Stop walking so tall. Why is this news coming out just now? McNeese is just the same caliber program as App St. Good luck Cowboys!

Grizperson:

Actually, this is more than "supposedly" scared. UNC Coach Davis has publicly refused to play App anytime soon. Wake Forest's Coach Grobe feels the same. This is more than just anyone's supposition. At the SoCon rouser, a reporter asked Coach Moore about scheduling UNC and got an honest answer. He was truly surprised UNC would not play ASU, but scheduled McNeese instead. I wish the Cowboys well. They could win in Chapel Hill.

It's coming out just now, b/c the local sports editors need something to print prior to football season. I guess they are looking forward to the season as much as I am. Us App fans have known that other North Carolina schools are "skeered" of ASU for a while now. Other fans are just now learning about it. I have heard that East Carolina's Skip Holtz was interested in playing App in 2012 or so. We'll see.

App. St. was looking forward to playing McNeese last year. I was actually making plans to go - went so far as figure out 'xactly where the heck it is - not in Texas, rather Louisiana. Alas, they did not keep up their end of the deal - they lost.

And, finally, to quote Dizzy Dean - "It ain't braggin, if ya' done it." It's tough to be the defending Nat'l Champ. Don't you wish Montana was? And, another thing, I was looking forward to traveling to Montana last year. Too bad that did not work out either. There's always this season.

ericsaid
July 27th, 2008, 07:45 PM
They are UNC. Furman almost beat them a few years ago I remember and I wouldn't imagine UNC wanting to schedule anymore socon teams. I think that losing to UNC would be a bigger blow to the egos of fans than losing to a socon team.

james_lawfirm
July 27th, 2008, 07:47 PM
App has everything to gain and Carolina has everything to lose for playing that game. I don't blame Carolina for not scheduling it. They're still trying to rebuild the program and get to a respectable level. You can't take the chance of losing to a lower level program if you're in their spot, especially not one in the same state who you battle for recruits with.

You could actually learn something from the experience. Like, how to win. Apparently, Coach Moore knows something about that. I bet he'd be willing to share.

SuperJon
July 27th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Carolina still has a young team. They're still learning how to win. If they lose to an FCS school that pushes them back even further. Now, once Coach Davis gets the programmed turned around and has some senior leadership, etc I could see them playing App. Otherwise, right now there's no point for Carolina.

yoself09
July 27th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Let's trade...xsmiley_wix

I'de do it in a heartbeat

I've always wanted App to go to Chapel Thrill and put an xasswhipx on UNC

TheValleyRaider
July 27th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Of course, if UNC agrees to play ASU, they'd probably also be forced to agree to play other state schools in NC, like WCU, A&T, WSSU and NCCU, and then probably the privates Elon, Campbell and Gardner-Webb too.

That's a lot to have to committ yourself to xtwocentsx

AppGirl
July 27th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Of course, if UNC agrees to play ASU, they'd probably also be forced to agree to play other state schools in NC, like WCU, A&T, WSSU and NCCU, and then probably the privates Elon, Campbell and Gardner-Webb too.

That's a lot to have to committ yourself to xtwocentsx

Why? Wake Forest never felt compelled to play those other schools back when they played us. Carolina played us in basketball, even came to Boone to play for the first game in our new arena. (Of course that was when we had Buzz for a b-ball coach) so why not let us come down there for a game of football?

SuperJon
July 27th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Wake is a private. UNC is public. The legislature can force them to play teams.

Saint3333
July 27th, 2008, 08:25 PM
They are UNC. Furman almost beat them a few years ago I remember and I wouldn't imagine UNC wanting to schedule anymore socon teams. I think that losing to UNC would be a bigger blow to the egos of fans than losing to a socon team.

Furman did beat them 28-3 about 5 years ago, it was great.:D

AppGirl
July 27th, 2008, 08:29 PM

I certainly hope that our legislature has better things to do than schedule football games!!! I didn't see them forcing State to play those other teams after scheduling us.

catamount man
July 27th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Furman did beat them 28-3 about 5 years ago, it was great.:D

It was 9 years ago to be exact. xthumbsupx

gophoenix
July 27th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Why? Wake Forest never felt compelled to play those other schools back when they played us. Carolina played us in basketball, even came to Boone to play for the first game in our new arena. (Of course that was when we had Buzz for a b-ball coach) so why not let us come down there for a game of football?

Honestly, do you need to ask that question. The same reason your fans do not want to play us, Wofford, Coastal, Presbyterian and Gardner-Webb. Many of your fans do not view us as equals and view the matchups as everything to lose and nothing to gain. Well, that same thing is what UNC faces; except if they lose, that is humiliation #1. Think UNC got an ear-full losing to Furman? Think what would happen if they lose to a school that has a number of fans in the area. There would be no end to it. Whereas if they lose to McNeese, it sucks, but none of the McNeese fans are around here to constantly remind them of it for years to come.

That's why State, UNC and ECU won't play any of us FCS teams. You notice, state doesn't even like playing ECU until they have to.

TheValleyRaider
July 27th, 2008, 08:43 PM

Basketball is a totally different ball of wax. UNC plays 30 basketball games a year. Take away 16 for the ACC, and you've got 14 OOC to play with. So what if you play App then? You can fit the other state schools either that year or within the next few years with little problem and still have plenty of open dates for big OOC matchups like Kentucky

In Football, you've got 12 games, 8 ACC leaves 4 OOC. Immediately giving away at least 1 OOC game to that year's assigned FCS opponent is a lot for someone to give up, especially if UNC grows as they expect to, and is prepared to contend for a major Bowl, if not the BCS Title. You want those open dates

xpeacex

Oh, and didn't the NC Legislature already force one of the NC ACC schools (State?) did play ECU? It does happen...

SuperJon
July 27th, 2008, 08:43 PM
I certainly hope that our legislature has better things to do than schedule football games!!! I didn't see them forcing State to play those other teams after scheduling us.

They made State and Carolina play ECU.

AppStFan76
July 27th, 2008, 08:50 PM
"This year, the Mountaineers open at defending national champion LSU in what will be a monumental challenge. Next year, they'll take on Florida, national champions the year before last."

Good article, but we don't play Florida until 2010. Currently, we don't have an FBS school for '09.

I would love for Florida to get moved up to 09'!!

I've been dreaming of a Tebow/Edwards match up!!

See who truely is the best QBxsmiley_wix

appstate38
July 27th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Although I would love to see the Heels play the Apps. I know it probably won't happen. I guess this means we will have to work harder to schedule the other quality teams in the FCS. Griz, how about a home and home. Definite sellouts for both games in my opinion.

P.S. Figured I would go ahead a say it. But this is another "shameless App thread".xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

GGASU
July 27th, 2008, 09:32 PM

----------------------

It will likely be a while before the not-so-elite teams begin facing off with App again. Open dates or not, they've all got caller ID and just laugh when they see a Boone number pop up. They let the machine get it.

"Hello. You've reached the football offices of a middle-tier Division I team. If this is App State, go pick on someone your own size. Or at least someone a lot bigger."

xrotatehx xrotatehx xlolx

Appstate29
July 27th, 2008, 10:00 PM
**** chapel hill. Thats all there is to say on that matter. I hope we never play them. I never want to go to Chapel Hill again. I'm more than happy going to sec cities, and wouldn't mind going to blackburg or Winston salem.

elon77
July 28th, 2008, 07:05 AM
elon went to south florida last year and gave them all they wanted, and could of won with a break or two. carolina went to south florida and got hammered, i mean hammered. that's why they will not play app state, they could get hammered again.

ASUMountaineer
July 28th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Grizperson:

Actually, this is more than "supposedly" scared. UNC Coach Davis has publicly refused to play App anytime soon. Wake Forest's Coach Grobe feels the same. This is more than just anyone's supposition. At the SoCon rouser, a reporter asked Coach Moore about scheduling UNC and got an honest answer. He was truly surprised UNC would not play ASU, but scheduled McNeese instead. I wish the Cowboys well. They could win in Chapel Hill.

It's coming out just now, b/c the local sports editors need something to print prior to football season. I guess they are looking forward to the season as much as I am. Us App fans have known that other North Carolina schools are "skeered" of ASU for a while now. Other fans are just now learning about it. I have heard that East Carolina's Skip Holtz was interested in playing App in 2012 or so. We'll see.

App. St. was looking forward to playing McNeese last year. I was actually making plans to go - went so far as figure out 'xactly where the heck it is - not in Texas, rather Louisiana. Alas, they did not keep up their end of the deal - they lost.

And, finally, to quote Dizzy Dean - "It ain't braggin, if ya' done it." It's tough to be the defending Nat'l Champ. Don't you wish Montana was? And, another thing, I was looking forward to traveling to Montana last year. Too bad that did not work out either. There's always this season.

I, like many of us, have family that went to ECU. We constantly talk about the idea of ECU and ASU playing at BofA Stadium in Charlotte--The Battle Between East and West.

WileECoyote06
July 28th, 2008, 08:32 AM
elon went to south florida last year and gave them all they wanted, and could of won with a break or two. carolina went to south florida and got hammered, i mean hammered. that's why they will not play app state, they could get hammered again.

Comparative scoring is the worst way to determine the strength of a team and doesn't take into account mismatches, new players, injuries and depth.

Furthermore, it doesn't benefit Carolina to play Appalachian State and possibly take a loss. In the case of UNC or NC State vs ECU, they are both in FBS, so a loss is not as damaging; but it does affect recruiting.

I mean, I haven't seen Catawba or Carson-Newman (nationally ranked D2 schools) on App's schedule in decades. Perhaps the App Athletic Director realizes the danger in scheduling ranked lower division teams as well.
Especially as UND beat UNI at home a few years ago, and with Delta State whipping eventual SWAC champion Jackson State last year.

furman94
July 28th, 2008, 08:41 AM
If we almost beat them a couple of years ago (we lost on an onside kick that was GOOD, but was ruled otherwise by the fraggin ACC wishtheywereRefs; final score 45-42 ) YOU WILL BEAT THEM! Please paint their stadium Black and Gold!

Mntneer
July 28th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Frankly, I just think all this "they're scared" talk makes us look like we have an inferiority complex. I haven't seen anyone articulate what schools like UNC have to gain by scheduling us. It would be both a game that they "should/have to win" and "may well lose". Doesn't take a genius to see those things don't go together. The only upside would be a huge take at the box office. Folks ridicule Grobe as well, but at least he has the stones to say he won't schedule us. I'd love to play UNC or rekindle the WFU/ASU games. I think we could win, or at the very least, make them earn it. But it's not going to happen right now, and I don't blame them.

appfan2008
July 28th, 2008, 12:02 PM
I woul love for ASU to play in state fbs schools more than they do... ecu, unc, duke, wf, and state would provide plenty of excitement around the state

McTailGator
July 28th, 2008, 12:19 PM
I'de do it in a heartbeat

I've always wanted App to go to Chapel Thrill and put an xasswhipx on UNC

Too bad they don't let you and I call the shots. :)

WVAPPmountaineer
July 28th, 2008, 01:15 PM
The reason I say that is because I've been looking at info on them because McNeese is playing them. At first I thought this would be McNeese's best opportunity to date to get a win over a BCS league team.

I will be a huge Cowboy fan that day and believe you guys CAN beat them - Furman should have beaten them 2 years ago (lost 45-42 I believe) and although the final score doesn't necessarily indicate it, JMU gave them real problems last season. If JMU had played them later in the season I do believe the Dukes would have prevailed. According to what you might have read, keep in mind the UNC SI department think they have the greatest university in the world and they always overstate their great recruits and returning talent. No love lost here for the Tarholes - Go McNeese!!! ---

SoCon48
July 28th, 2008, 01:45 PM
I think UNC would be the clear favorite if they played this year. That's not saying App couldn't win, but I think UNC would be the favorite.

But after looking at the way in which North Carolina lost so many close games last season and how much they have coming back, I think the Tar Heels may be primed for a breakout season in the ACC. I don't think they'll be as good as the BCS league team App WILL be playing on August 30, but I think the odds are better than even that they'll end up in the final top 25.

I know App State beat a team that finished in the top 25 last year. But that's the only time that's ever happened. It's not a common occurence.

I don't think they'll be as good as the BCS league team App WILL be playing on August 30

Now that's for d@@@ sure!!!xrulesx

SoCon48
July 28th, 2008, 01:47 PM
I woul love for ASU to play in state fbs schools more than they do... ecu, unc, duke, wf, and state would provide plenty of excitement around the state

That would take something those 4 don't have....a pair.

SoCon48
July 28th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Frankly, I just think all this "they're scared" talk makes us look like we have an inferiority complex. I haven't seen anyone articulate what schools like UNC have to gain by scheduling us. It would be both a game that they "should/have to win" and "may well lose". Doesn't take a genius to see those things don't go together. The only upside would be a huge take at the box office. Folks ridicule Grobe as well, but at least he has the stones to say he won't schedule us. I'd love to play UNC or rekindle the WFU/ASU games. I think we could win, or at the very least, make them earn it. But it's not going to happen right now, and I don't blame them.

I haven't seen anyone articulate what schools like UNC have to gain by scheduling us

Same thing that caused them to sched McNeese, Furman, William & Mary, JMU, Western Carolina, VMI, Richmond, Liberty, et al.

SoCon48
July 28th, 2008, 02:01 PM

Good article. I think that is the same writer who wrote a good one last year about App. App grad.
Good little newspaper, too. I read it all the time when I worked at Hibriten HS.

ericsaid
July 28th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Lenoir news paper is shat, just like everything else from Caldwell county and the surrounding areas.

WileECoyote06
July 28th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I haven't seen anyone articulate what schools like UNC have to gain by scheduling us

Same thing that caused them to sched McNeese, Furman, William & Mary, JMU, Western Carolina, VMI, Richmond, Liberty, et al.

But App State is highly ranked and competing for the exact same recruits. I totally understand their stance. Furthermore, until App schedules Carson-Newman or Catawba, I don't think they have room to criticize.

SoCon48
July 28th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Lenoir news paper is shat, just like everything else from Caldwell county and the surrounding areas.

Surrounding areas? Like bordering Watauga?xeyebrowx

How bad could the paper be with an App writer on the staff?

SoCon48
July 28th, 2008, 03:25 PM
But App State is highly ranked and competing for the exact same recruits. I totally understand their stance. Furthermore, until App schedules Carson-Newman or Catawba, I don't think they have room to criticize.

We have room to criticize. We have had Mars Hill, Presbyterian, and Lenoir Rhyne on the schedule currently and/or recenly.

ericsaid
July 28th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Surrounding areas? Like bordering Watauga?xeyebrowx

How bad could the paper be with an App writer on the staff?

It's redneck as ****e down here. Half the people who read that paper don't understand it.

lizrdgizrd
July 28th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Why Carson-Newman or Catawba? We just played LR last season, Mars Hill in 2006. It's not like we don't play Div2 schools. xconfusedx

HiHiYikas
July 28th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Whoa there, chief.

BeauFoster
July 28th, 2008, 04:47 PM
It's redneck as ****e down here. Half the people who read that paper don't understand it.

That is one of the most idiotic statements that I have seen you make on this site, and that is saying a lot. I lived in Hickory for about a year and a half and met some tremendous people from the Caldwell/Catawaba area. I don't think that a 10 year old (which is what you appear to be) is even remotely qualified to judge print media.

james_lawfirm
July 28th, 2008, 06:42 PM

Whoa, Eric! Where you from? Hickory? Shelby? Morganton?

Lenoir ain't that bad. Some girl from Caldwell Co. must have dumped you way back.

james_lawfirm
July 28th, 2008, 06:50 PM

What's the matter? You don't do redneck? Just b/c half of Caldwell County REALLY identifies with Larry the Cable Guy - So what? If you don't, you either live & work in a college town, or you've never had a real job.

It's like living down in Louisiana and doing the 'Cajun thing. What's wrong with being a redneck? OK, besides the stereotyped part?

The fact that lots of Caldwellians have a tough time with Readin', Cipherin', & Gazinta's don't mean squat. At least we have a new Super Wal-Mart & appreciate Jeff Dunham & The Ballad of Ricky Bobby.

appsfan
July 28th, 2008, 07:04 PM

How much do you think C-N or Catawba would guarantee us if we played them? ;)

WileECoyote06
July 28th, 2008, 07:09 PM
How much do you think C-N or Catawba would guarantee us if we played them? ;)

i'm not sure about their guarantee.

I'm just relating the fact that they are usually solid and ranked division 2; programs unlike Lenoir-Rhyne, and Mars Hill.

Appalachian State is a solid and annually ranked FCS program, so UNC, nor Wake wishes to take the chance on an upset.

Now ECU may give a listening ear.

ASU88
July 28th, 2008, 07:15 PM

I'd love that game. We could fill up Bank of America Stadium with that.

Would beat watching the Panthers, anyway. xnodx

ASUTed
July 28th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Whoa, Eric! Where you from? Hickory? Shelby? Morganton?

Lenoir ain't that bad. Some girl from Caldwell Co. must have dumped you way back.

Lenoir is actually that bad, I worked for a little while in Hudson and I am from Valdese . When you cross in to Caldwell county it is like a different world.

HiHiYikas
July 28th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Lenoir is actually that bad, I worked for a little while in Hudson and I am from Valdese . When you cross in to Caldwell county it is like a different world.
Hudson's my hometown. My folks have been in Hudson for six or seven generations - since before the town was chartered.

As a native Hudsoner, I was always jealous of the Valdese/Morganton area. Your flea market is so much better than ours. And it's within easy walking distance of the tractor pull park.

Since you're from that part of the world, you might want to get in touch with whomever does scheduling for Montana and tell them about the NC School for the Deaf.

AppGirl
July 28th, 2008, 08:44 PM
you either live & work in a college town, or you've never had a real job.

He's never had a real job, he's in high school.

But Eric, Lenoir ain't that bad! The News Topic is certainly not the best paper I've ever read, the misspellings and bad grammar get to me, sometimes, but it's not the worst I've seen, either. It really is a nice place to live.

ericsaid
July 29th, 2008, 01:35 AM
What's the matter? You don't do redneck? Just b/c half of Caldwell County REALLY identifies with Larry the Cable Guy - So what? If you don't, you either live & work in a college town, or you've never had a real job.

It's like living down in Louisiana and doing the 'Cajun thing. What's wrong with being a redneck? OK, besides the stereotyped part?

The fact that lots of Caldwellians have a tough time with Readin', Cipherin', & Gazinta's don't mean squat. At least we have a new Super Wal-Mart & appreciate Jeff Dunham & The Ballad of Ricky Bobby.

I live in Hudson 5 minutes from Lenoir. But my rents are from NY and all these rednecks down here kill me. Minus the hot redneck women.xthumbsupx Being 17 thats always a plus.

james_lawfirm
July 29th, 2008, 07:27 AM
I live in Hudson 5 minutes from Lenoir. But my rents are from NY and all these rednecks down here kill me. Minus the hot redneck women.xthumbsupx Being 17 thats always a plus.

Your rents? What the heck does that mean?

Ah, yes. When I was 17, I knew everything too. Then, I grew up.

lizrdgizrd
July 29th, 2008, 08:33 AM

I believe that "rents" is a colloquialism referring to one's parental units. It's what the kids are saying these days. xpeacex

McNeese75
July 29th, 2008, 08:34 AM

xlolx Well, E has at least 4 years for that to happen.

gr8ness97
July 29th, 2008, 09:54 AM
App, we'd love to have you as an opponent :p

it could be a tune up game for you guys

AppGrad06
July 29th, 2008, 10:43 AM
i'm not sure about their guarantee.

I'm just relating the fact that they are usually solid and ranked division 2; programs unlike Lenoir-Rhyne, and Mars Hill.

Appalachian State is a solid and annually ranked FCS program, so UNC, nor Wake wishes to take the chance on an upset.

Just so you know we actually play Lenoir-Rhyne fairly regularly b/c it is an old rivalry.

ASUMountaineer
July 29th, 2008, 11:39 AM

Perhaps a move back up North would be beneficial to rid yourself of the rednecks. They were there first, doubt they'll be moving.

I find it funny how you Northerners refer to rednecks as only being geographically from the South. I used to live in Michigan and saw my fair share of yankee rednecks.

james_lawfirm
July 29th, 2008, 12:16 PM

Is not! Is not! xrotatehx

james_lawfirm
July 29th, 2008, 12:20 PM
I believe that "rents" is a colloquialism referring to one's parental units. It's what the kids are saying these days. xpeacex

Thank you for the translation. I don't speak adolescent, I do however speak both English and redneck well. M R DUX; M R NOT.

Mntneer
July 29th, 2008, 01:43 PM

Uhh, they schedule those teams for an easy win. They wouldn't get that with us. A win perhaps, but it wouldn't be easy.

lizrdgizrd
July 29th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Thank you for the translation. I don't speak adolescent, I do however speak both English and redneck well. M R DUX; M R NOT.
M R 2, C M Wangs?

ericsaid
July 29th, 2008, 03:41 PM
He's never had a real job, he's in high school.

But Eric, Lenoir ain't that bad! The News Topic is certainly not the best paper I've ever read, the misspellings and bad grammar get to me, sometimes, but it's not the worst I've seen, either. It really is a nice place to live.

Lenoir is really as bad as it can get for a 17 year old with no interest in agriculture or furniture. Then theres those few months during the first semester of school where my weekends are filled with football, thats about as good as it gets. Then for 7 months its back to waiting for the 5 months of football. One more year though and i'll be somewhere else doing the same exact thing.

james_lawfirm
July 29th, 2008, 03:51 PM
M R 2, C M Wangs?

Ah, a fellow redneck!

james_lawfirm
July 29th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Lenoir is really as bad as it can get for a 17 year old with no interest in agriculture or furniture. Then theres those few months during the first semester of school where my weekends are filled with football, thats about as good as it gets. Then for 7 months its back to waiting for the 5 months of football. One more year though and i'll be somewhere else doing the same exact thing.

Eric:

You have taken all this ribbing well.

Let me extend an open invitation for you to visit our tailgate at any home game. I am not sure where our parking spot will be. PM me closer to Sept. 6, I should know by then.

We are actually fairly civilized. We can turn the "redneck" on and off at will.

Go Apps!

ericsaid
July 29th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Eric:

You have taken all this ribbing well.

Let me extend an open invitation for you to visit our tailgate at any home game. I am not sure where our parking spot will be. PM me closer to Sept. 6, I should know by then.

We are actually fairly civilized. We can turn the "redneck" on and off at will.

Go Apps!

Will do.xpeacex

CharlestonAppFan
July 29th, 2008, 04:01 PM

watch your mouth boy!! xflamemadx xpissedx xasswhipx and as far as the surrounding areas.....where in the freak do you think Boone is? Yes, I'm from there, had/have family members work at the News-topic and damn proud of it.....xnodx as well as Boone!!!

CharlestonAppFan
July 29th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Sorry there eric, you got to me and I extend my apologies as I didn't read the rest of the thread cause you got some ribbing from some of us "redneck Caldwell Countians" xthumbsupx . As they say, never forget where you come from....although I don't want to live there anymore, I am damn proud of where I grew up because it shaped me into what I am today. My best friends in this world come from LA (you should know what that means by now) and are some of the brightest, most intelligent, sincere, and loyal people I've ever met xnodx.

Yes, it's a little slow and backwoods, but it isn't all that bad. You have to give people a chance, because without that, no one will ever give you a chance in life either, which probably translates into your miserable outlook towards Caldwell County. Good luck in your final year of high school; I promise you'll never forget these years :)

ericsaid
July 29th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Sorry there eric, you got to me and I extend my apologies as I didn't read the rest of the thread cause you got some ribbing from some of us "redneck Caldwell Countians" xthumbsupx . As they say, never forget where you come from....although I don't want to live there anymore, I am damn proud of where I grew up because it shaped me into what I am today. My best friends in this world come from LA (you should know what that means by now) and are some of the brightest, most intelligent, sincere, and loyal people I've ever met xnodx.

Yes, it's a little slow and backwoods, but it isn't all that bad. You have to give people a chance, because without that, no one will ever give you a chance in life either, which probably translates into your miserable outlook towards Caldwell County. Good luck in your final year of high school; I promise you'll never forget these years :)

.xnodx I'll just be glad to be out and into something new.

JohnStOnge
July 29th, 2008, 07:04 PM
McNeese is just the same caliber program as App St. Good luck Cowboys!

I think that 1991-2003 McNeese was a little better than App State program wise. But, obviously, what App's done the past three years is way beyond what McNeese has ever done.

APPALACHIANstate
August 2nd, 2008, 01:28 PM
I think that 1991-2003 McNeese was a little better than App State program wise. But, obviously, what App's done the past three years is way beyond what McNeese has ever done.

App has proved it during the playoffs but all three season have had their share of challengers.

rudy1648
August 2nd, 2008, 02:48 PM

EXACTLY! A few years back, a legislator from E. Carolina had the legislature pass a bill that forced state schools (UNC, NC State) to play ECU. Not only did the state schools have to play ECU, but they also had to do a home and home with them. Course, that was when ECU was playing better ball and this guy felt like the Pirates could win those games. Wonder why this bill does not force ECU to play other state schools in the same way,,,,,ie..have to play and home and home with ASU? Seems ECU is doing exactly the same thing they were so upset with UNC for doing.

rudy1648
August 2nd, 2008, 02:50 PM
Why Carson-Newman or Catawba? We just played LR last season, Mars Hill in 2006. It's not like we don't play Div2 schools. xconfusedx

Cause Carson-Newman and Catawba regularly win their conference titles and go into the playoffs. Cannot say the same for LR>

rudy1648
August 2nd, 2008, 02:53 PM

"rents",,you know. before you grow up and become a "rent" you are a "yout"

rudy1648
August 2nd, 2008, 02:55 PM
Perhaps a move back up North would be beneficial to rid yourself of the rednecks. They were there first, doubt they'll be moving.

I find it funny how you Northerners refer to rednecks as only being geographically from the South. I used to live in Michigan and saw my fair share of yankee rednecks.

You never hear about anyone retiring to the north. For good reason.

rudy1648
August 2nd, 2008, 02:56 PM

L I B,,,,M R 2 Dux!

ASUMountaineer
August 2nd, 2008, 05:54 PM
You never hear about anyone retiring to the north. For good reason.

Yup. He still needs to worry about moving out of his parents house before he considers retirement.