PDA

View Full Version : Little doubt NDSU will schedule UND

MplsBison
July 27th, 2008, 12:13 PM
The old men at bisonville are so entrenched in their pathetic hate that it wouldn't surprise me if they just ignored the forum this morning and dismissed it.

Well I want to make sure it's rubbed in their faces here, if no where else.

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/209555

Get ready for NDSU/UND! Coming soon to a Fargodome near you!

The most likely situation is this:

1) NDSU brings in UND for one or two games during UND's transition

2) Either Youngstown or Indiana State leave the MVFC

3) UND is added to the MVFC

4) The new Nickel is cast and the rivalry is renewed in full!!! (UND can keep the old Nickel, we don't want one with offensive imagery on it!)

PantherRob82
July 27th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Scheduling UND in football could be a little trickier, according to NDSU’s Taylor. To fill out its 11-game schedule, the Bison are guaranteed eight Missouri Valley Conference football games.

A ninth game is reserved for a guarantee game at a higher Division I opponent, like Minnesota last year and Wyoming this year. Taylor likes to fill out the remaining two games at home – guaranteeing six homes games in a season.

Did you ignore this part, or just read it how you wanted to?

Thundar
July 27th, 2008, 12:43 PM

Right on Panther!!

THEY WILL NOT BE ON THE FB SCHEDULE TILL THE TRANSITION IS OVER!!!! do we really need to go thru this again?????????xsmhx

the article was written primarily for BB and other sports NOT FOOTBALL!!!

slostang
July 27th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Right on Panther!!

THEY WILL NOT BE ON THE FB SCHEDULE TILL THE TRANSITION IS OVER!!!! do we really need to go thru this again?????????xsmhx

the article was written primarily for BB and other sports NOT FOOTBALL!!!

The last thing I want to do is agree with Mpls on anything, but I could see the Bison bringing in UND as one of their two home guarantee games during their transition. I do not see them signing a home and home contract until after they have completed their transition.

MplsBison
July 27th, 2008, 02:22 PM

That part is irrelevent.

The real goal for NDSU is to get UND in the MVFC.

Once that happen is when the rivalry is truly renewed.

Until then, yes we likely won't be playing them every year. Doubt we would sign a non conference home/home with them.

But luckily either one or both of Youngstown and Indiana State are moving on, creating space for UND and potentially USD.

Youngstown has made it no secret that they want to be with Kent and Akron. They are upgrading their facilities and have perfect geography to join the MAC.

Indiana State is giving scholarship football one last college try with Miles. Unless he can show major improvement there is absolutely no reason for InSU to stay in the MVFC. Not when Valpo and Butler are right there in the Pioneer Leage and Evansville could potentially bring back non scholly football. Going non scholly in the PioL makes too much sense for InSU.

PantherRob82
July 27th, 2008, 02:34 PM
That part is irrelevent.

Until then, yes we likely won't be playing them every year. Doubt we would sign a non conference home/home with them.

But luckily either one or both of Youngstown and Indiana State are moving on, creating space for UND and potentially USD.

Youngstown has made it no secret that they want to be with Kent and Akron. They are upgrading their facilities and have perfect geography to join the MAC.

Indiana State is giving scholarship football one last college try with Miles. Unless he can show major improvement there is absolutely no reason for InSU to stay in the MVFC. Not when Valpo and Butler are right there in the Pioneer Leage and Evansville could potentially bring back non scholly football. Going non scholly in the PioL makes too much sense for InSU.

No signs of UND in the MVFC.

YSU tried for the MAC. Didn't happen. Won't happen. They were a better canidate then, than now. I don't think the MAC wants or needs any more Ohio schools.

Indiana State is debatable. They will drop football before they go non-scholly.

You jump to a LOT of conclusions.

TexasTerror
July 27th, 2008, 02:45 PM
MplsBison...

In-Forum is not a credible source (see previous posts on your part, namely related to other scheduling arrangements by NDSU). If it's not posted on GoBison.com, I can not believe what you are posting.

When GoBison.com tells me that UND is on the schedule, I can believe you. Surprised anyone else is even giving credibility to your post considering we all know your policy regarding GoBison.com.

And then again, if you used reading comprehension, the article says football is a challenge...I mean, the Bison have to go to SHSU (according to In-Forum -- though not according to GoBison.com, so throw that out!)...

slycat
July 27th, 2008, 02:47 PM
The old men at bisonville are so entrenched in their pathetic hate that it wouldn't surprise me if they just ignored the forum this morning and dismissed it.

4) The new Nickel is cast and the rivalry is renewed in full!!! (UND can keep the old Nickel, we don't want one with offensive imagery on it!)

good luck with that happening anytime soon. und won't go anywhere without usd.

MplsBison
July 27th, 2008, 04:17 PM
No signs of UND in the MVFC.

YSU tried for the MAC. Didn't happen. Won't happen. They were a better canidate then, than now. I don't think the MAC wants or needs any more Ohio schools.

Indiana State is debatable. They will drop football before they go non-scholly.

You jump to a LOT of conclusions.

There won't be any signs of UND into the MVFC until the membership changes. And the top candidates for that are a Youngstown FBS upgrade and Indiana State either dropping or going non scholly.

NDSUFREAK
July 27th, 2008, 04:32 PM
That part is irrelevent.

what the ****??!! xconfusedx xconfusedx how is this a main goal? Patty said it herself, no more expansion in the future and no more adding teams. 9 is enough. our goal isn't to help und the best we can xnonono2x

another stupid post by you.

MplsBison
July 27th, 2008, 05:24 PM
It's not a main goal, I didn't say it was. I said it was the real goal.

IE, the real goal is not to schedule UND every few years when we have an opening. The real goal is to get UND into the MVFC with us.

Whether or not that is a main goal, I don't think it is. The main goals would be winning a national championship for NDSU, improving our facilities, etc.

And Patty is correct. Until Youngstown or InSU leave, there is no room for UND.

A level headed, intelligent NDSU fan who wants to see UND in the MVFC with us: nothing scares old NDSU fans *****less like it!

BisonBacker
July 27th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Please stop posting, you have no idea how foolish you look to "level headed fans" of any school. xsmhx

MplsBison
July 27th, 2008, 05:28 PM
BB, the fact that you lay awake sweating in bed during the night at the thought of UND joining the MVFC makes me happy.

TexasTerror
July 27th, 2008, 05:43 PM
MplsBison, can you please refrain from attacks on Bisonville on these boards? We all know you have been banned there and it does not need to carry over here.

Sharing your ideas, as bad as we all recognize them to be. That's fine. Personal attacks. Not fine. Attack ideas, not individuals. And as always, make sure you promote GoBison.com in all posts.

BisonBacker
July 27th, 2008, 05:46 PM
BB, the fact that you lay awake sweating in bed during the night at the thought of UND joining the MVFC makes me happy.

That is so ridiculous but in your world I'm sure you believe it. Actually go ahead and keep posting you already have dug a hole so deep that anything you post most people just ignore. I do believe I will utilize that feature of this board now and do the same. Put you on the ignore list, should have done it long ago. xnodx

Reed Rothchild
July 27th, 2008, 06:14 PM
I haven't decided whats worse: another thread started by MPLS bison or another App thread xwhistlex

FargoBison
July 27th, 2008, 07:05 PM
I haven't decided whats worse: another thread started by MPLS bison or another App thread xwhistlex

God help us if Mpls starts making threads about App State.

Herdman
July 27th, 2008, 07:16 PM
There won't be any signs of UND into the MVFC until the membership changes. And the top candidates for that are a Youngstown FBS upgrade and Indiana State either dropping or going non scholly.MB, where do you get this crazy styff? The best thing to happen to YSU is being a part of the MVFC. What in the world would make them look elswhere? And InSU going non-scholarship? Southern Indiana will add footbal before that ever happens.

You are aware UDN and USD committed to the Great West Conference for the long term and the GWC is very close to becoming a full spot conference right?

Plus, UND to the MVFC will not happen without USD and that is not going to happen. Those are two peas in a pod. USD didn't even do a study to move up. UND "did a study" and USD followed suit.

I do agree that UND and NDSU should play eachother as should UDS and SDSU. The U/SU pissing match is old and everyone should get over it already.

PantherRob82
July 27th, 2008, 07:56 PM
I imagine they will play eventually, but not in a MVFC that looks ANYTHING like this.

MplsBison
July 27th, 2008, 09:24 PM
MB, where do you get this crazy styff? The best thing to happen to YSU is being a part of the MVFC. What in the world would make them look elswhere? And InSU going non-scholarship? Southern Indiana will add footbal before that ever happens.

YSU wants to be with Kent and Akron in the MAC.

InSU would like to be competitive in the MVFC, I have no doubt. But in the PioL there is already two close teams in Bulter and Valpo. Plus Evansville could restart football non scholly. Makes too much financial sense for them not to consider it.

You are aware UDN and USD committed to the Great West Conference for the long term and the GWC is very close to becoming a full spot conference right?

UND comitted to the GWC for 3 years. Hardly the long term.

Plus, UND to the MVFC will not happen without USD and that is not going to happen.

It certainly could.

The MVFC added NDSU and SDSU as a package deal. I don't see why they wouldn't add the other two flagships of the two states in a package deal if both Youngstown and InSU left.

But I do think that UND would accept MVFC membership without USD aboard.

BearsCountry
July 27th, 2008, 09:37 PM
I really dont know why you would want an instate school in the same conference as you. You are competing for players, resources, fans and other things. If you got an advantage and big one at that, keep them down.

TheBisonator
July 27th, 2008, 10:02 PM
UND comitted to the GWC for 3 years. Hardly the long term.

WRONGO - UND committed to the GWFC for FIVE YEARS when they joined the conference this past winter.

Time for your Thorizine.

Thundar
July 27th, 2008, 10:20 PM
WRONGO - UND committed to the GWFC for FIVE YEARS when they joined the conference this past winter.

Time for your Thorizine.

but wasn't it 3 years for the "ALL SPORT" side?? I could be wrong

Thundar
July 27th, 2008, 10:27 PM

Time for your Thorizine.

3 years for everything but football

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/209550

Growth is what Ed Grom is hoping for with the Great West Conference. Grom, who will step down as the Summit’s associate commissioner at the end of this month, admits his new job as Great West commissioner will be a challenge.

“We’re hoping this thing lasts a long time,” said Grom, fully aware that his new members could leave for established conferences.

The Great West has gotten three-year commitments from UND, USD, New Jersey Tech, Texas Pan-American, Houston Baptist and Utah Valley. The league would have to wait until 2015 until it met any automatic qualifier requirements. Even then, it would need one more school to reach the seven-core-members requirement for men’s basketball.

SteelCurtain
July 27th, 2008, 10:50 PM
MpS this is not Div. II..we do not want to be in a conference with a team from our own state. We are recruiting the same areas/players and want to have a better team/conference..why would we want to jepardize that??? Don't say we need the UND game..for what?? There is a great chance every game this year will be a sell out. What more do we need??? Also I have waay more repect for the teams we will be playing every year in the MVFC.....Not a school that told us how stupid we were and wanted nothing to do with us.

Why would we do anything to help them out???

TheBisonator
July 27th, 2008, 11:26 PM
MpS this is not Div. II..we do not want to be in a conference with a team from our own state. We are recruiting the same areas/players and want to have a better team/conference..why would we want to jepardize that??? Don't say we need the UND game..for what?? There is a great chance every game this year will be a sell out. What more do we need??? Also I have waay more repect for the teams we will be playing every year in the MVFC.....Not a school that told us how stupid we were and wanted nothing to do with us.

Just ignore him, SteelCurtain. He's a crazy SOB.

gt_bison
July 28th, 2008, 06:44 AM
MplsBison...

In-Forum is not a credible source (see previous posts on your part, namely related to other scheduling arrangements by NDSU). If it's not posted on GoBison.com, I can not believe what you are posting.

This made me cackle out loud. xlolx Glad I read it before I headed to the office. I always wonder why I click on MplsBison's threads, and then something like this makes it good.

MplsBison
July 28th, 2008, 07:53 AM
I really dont know why you would want an instate school in the same conference as you. You are competing for players, resources, fans and other things. If you got an advantage and big one at that, keep them down.

That's the wet dream of many old NDSU fans.

And that's the incorrect attitude that won't be tolerated by ND's lawmakers.

NDSU will be forced to vote UND into the MVFC in much the same way that Baylor was forced into the Big XII, VT was forced into the ACC, etc.

MplsBison
July 28th, 2008, 07:55 AM

Time for your Thorizine.

I get the GWFC and GWC mixed up. You are correct!

That does not mean they can't join the MVFC at the end of their transition. They just have to pay a fine to the GWFC to do it, or wait an extra year and then join.

It's irrelevent. That was the point I was trying to make.

MplsBison
July 28th, 2008, 07:57 AM

I want to give as many ND high school football players possible the chance to play football in the MVFC, the best FCS football conference in the nation.

Guaranteed you won't have a counter argument for that. Just more greed and hatred.

TexasTerror
July 28th, 2008, 08:18 AM
NDSU will be forced to vote UND into the MVFC in much the same way that Baylor was forced into the Big XII, VT was forced into the ACC, etc.

So, are you saying the Governor of North Dakota will force the issue? That's what happened with Baylor. All the top people in the state were alums of the schools and were going to get in the way.

Is GoBison.com going to post the release from the legislators soon? Or are they going to provide comments regarding NDSU really wanting to be in a conference with UND? Until they do, again -- we just can not believe you as a credible source.

Bison "FANatic"
July 28th, 2008, 09:24 AM
One would hope our Legislators have more to worry about than forcing NDSU to get UND into a conference.

MplsBison
July 28th, 2008, 09:58 AM
So, are you saying the Governor of North Dakota will force the issue?

I doubt it will come to that.

The new president of UND is from Wyoming, same as NDSU's current president, and they are friends.

But if it had to come to that, a lot of ND politicians are UND alumns and they would make it happen.

NDSU will vote yes for UND in the MVFC when that time comes.

Houndawg
July 28th, 2008, 10:02 AM

The new president of UND is from Wyoming, same as NDSU's current president, and they are friends.

But if it had to come to that, a lot of ND politicians are UND alumns and they would make it happen.

NDSU will vote yes for UND in the MVFC when that time comes.

xrolleyesx OK. There's ONE vote.

Go Bison
July 28th, 2008, 10:11 AM
MplsBison, can you please refrain from attacks on Bisonville on these boards? We all know you have been banned there and it does not need to carry over here.

Sharing your ideas, as bad as we all recognize them to be. That's fine. Personal attacks. Not fine. Attack ideas, not individuals. And as always, make sure you promote GoBison.com in all posts.

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to TexasTerror again. xthumbsupx

MplsBison
July 28th, 2008, 11:15 AM
xrolleyesx OK. There's ONE vote.

I never said it would be anything more.

I'm assuming that the rest of the MVFC would want to expand back to 9 after some members leave and UND would easily be the best availible.

The only other one worth considering would be a Grand Valley move up, but they'll never leave DII.

TexasTerror
July 28th, 2008, 11:16 AM
I just do not see any members leaving the Missouri Valley right now. Even though MplsBison keeps bringing up Indiana State -- would they really want to send that message? And keep in mind, they do compete in the conference for all sports -- something that NDSU or SDSU do not do. It just would not make much sense...

Houndawg
July 28th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I never said it would be anything more.

I'm assuming that the rest of the MVFC would want to expand back to 9 after some members leave and UND would easily be the best availible.

The only other one worth considering would be a Grand Valley move up, but they'll never leave DII.

A little less inbreeding might be in order.

BisonBacker
July 28th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Rep coming your way for that one xlolx xlolx xlolx

gt_bison
July 28th, 2008, 12:11 PM

I know this isn't on gobison.com, so I know it's not "official", but perhaps you should consult the official NDSU biography (http://www.ndsu.edu/ndsu/administration/president/chapman/chapman.bio.html) of President Chapman. He's never had a position in Wyoming, and I'm pretty sure he's a native of Oregon, considering all three of his degrees are from Oregon State. The biography (http://www.und.edu/president/html/Biography.html) of the new UND president is also available. Note that they've never crossed professional paths until now. As far as being "friends", I expect they'll be friendlier than Chapman and Kupchella were, but I've got a very reliable source on Chapman's cabinet that suggests they're still not convinced that just bringing in Kelley will solve the strained relations between the two schools.

MplsBison
July 28th, 2008, 12:24 PM
I just do not see any members leaving the Missouri Valley right now.

The MVFC has nothing to do with the MV bball conference.

In fact, the Pioneer League is administered by the MV bball conference.

Indiana State dropping down to the PioL would be well received and they'd have close teams in Butler and Valpo and possibly Evansville.

MplsBison
July 28th, 2008, 12:25 PM
I know this isn't on gobison.com, so I know it's not "official", but perhaps you should consult the official NDSU biography (http://www.ndsu.edu/ndsu/administration/president/chapman/chapman.bio.html) of President Chapman. He's never had a position in Wyoming, and I'm pretty sure he's a native of Oregon, considering all three of his degrees are from Oregon State. The biography (http://www.und.edu/president/html/Biography.html) of the new UND president is also available. Note that they've never crossed professional paths until now. As far as being "friends", I expect they'll be friendlier than Chapman and Kupchella were, but I've got a very reliable source on Chapman's cabinet that suggests they're still not convinced that just bringing in Kelley will solve the strained relations between the two schools.

I had it in my head that Chapman was from Wyoming, but it was actually Montana State. Same thing.

What strained relationship between the schools are you talking about? Kupchell is gone = no strained relationship.

Move on.

gt_bison
July 28th, 2008, 12:38 PM
I had it in my head that Chapman was from Wyoming, but it was actually Montana State. Same thing.

What strained relationship between the schools are you talking about? Kupchell is gone = no strained relationship.

Move on.

A lot of the stupidity coming out of Grand Forks was not Kupchella's doing but originated in the Provost's office or the VP for administration (or whatever they call the job up there). If Kelley cleans house and runs some of the less than stellar VPs out of town, things will improve, but right now, the schools both still have the same Provosts who've been fighting for 5+ years. Changing presidents can only do so much to clean up problems emanating from lower levels unless there is housecleaning. Craig Schnell has been frustrated to no end by the nonsense coming from UND for the past few years.

Go Bison
July 28th, 2008, 12:49 PM

Move on.

Chapman was interested in becoming the President at Wyoming but then he stayed at NDSU. Sorry, but Wyoming and Montana State are not the same thing. You lose credibility every time you post.

BisonBacker
July 28th, 2008, 01:35 PM
You mean he has some credibility?xlolx xlolx xlolx

TwinTownBisonFan
July 28th, 2008, 01:51 PM
There is a reason Iowa and Iowa State don't share a conference.

Look at places where they do...

Oklahoma
Michigan
Virginia
Oregon
Washington
Arizona
Mississippi
North Carolina

it behooves NDSU to move on.

look at states where they dont share a conference
Florida and FSU
South Carolina and Clemson
Iowa and ISU (ISU is down now... but will climb)

I think they are better off staying apart

UNI Pike
July 28th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Iowa State could field a team of WWI veterans (there are a couple still alive) and go up

BearsCountry
July 28th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I think it funny that Indiana State keeps getting menitoned about dropping their program when they are working right now behind the scenes to start building a new on campus stadium.

TexasTerror
July 28th, 2008, 02:14 PM
The MVFC has nothing to do with the MV bball conference.

In fact, the Pioneer League is administered by the MV bball conference.

Indiana State dropping down to the PioL would be well received and they'd have close teams in Butler and Valpo and possibly Evansville.

Why would Indiana State dropping to the Pioneer League be well received? If they want to, they could schedule Butler and Valpo and pick up wins as is. Their fans would prefer they compete for a national championship and compete against the same MV rivals they have been.

And you say MVFC has nothing to do with the basketball conference? Sure it does...

roadwarrior
July 28th, 2008, 02:20 PM

Does this show a measure of credibility?

MplsBison
July 28th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Look at places where they do...

Oklahoma
Michigan
Virginia
Oregon
Washington
Arizona
Mississippi
North Carolina

You convinced me! There is no doubt that UND should be in the same conference as NDSU.

MplsBison
July 28th, 2008, 02:23 PM
I think it funny that Indiana State keeps getting menitoned about dropping their program when they are working right now behind the scenes to start building a new on campus stadium.

They can say they're working on it all they want.

1-10 seasons don't get new stadiums built.

I won't be surprised when they drop to non scholly or drop football period.

BearsCountry
July 28th, 2008, 02:27 PM
They can say they're working on it all they want.

1-10 seasons don't get new stadiums built.

I won't be surprised when they drop to non scholly or drop football period.

THEY ARE NOT GOING TO DROP FOOTBALL. Get over your little wet dream of UND in the MVC.

MplsBison
July 28th, 2008, 02:47 PM
But they can certainly drop down to the PioL. It would save them a ton of money on a program that no one in Terre Haute cares about.

As soon as we can push Indiana State out, we can pull UND in. I don't care if it pisses you off.

Actually, it would make me even more happy if UND getting into the MVFC pisses you off.

Frankly, I don't get why you're so opposed to UND in the MVFC. They're a great program and athletic department as well as a great research school.

I think you just do it because you don't like me personally.

onbison09
July 28th, 2008, 03:20 PM
MplsBison...

When GoBison.com tells me that UND is on the schedule, I can believe you. Surprised anyone else is even giving credibility to your post considering we all know your policy regarding GoBison.com.

And then again, if you used reading comprehension, the article says football is a challenge...I mean, the Bison have to go to SHSU (according to In-Forum -- though not according to GoBison.com, so throw that out!)...

LMAO!!! The ignore list is great!!

BearsCountry
July 28th, 2008, 03:21 PM
But they can certainly drop down to the PioL. It would save them a ton of money on a program that no one in Terre Haute cares about.

As soon as we can push Indiana State out, we can pull UND in. I don't care if it pisses you off.

Actually, it would make me even more happy if UND getting into the MVFC pisses you off.

Frankly, I don't get why you're so opposed to UND in the MVFC. They're a great program and athletic department as well as a great research school.

My personal opinion of you does not effect my stance on UND or USD. They are great schools and programs but we already have the two premier programs in the Dakotas we dont need anymore in area that doesnt have population. The only program it would benefit is UND and actually would hurt NDSU. MVC doesnt need that, let UND and USD build the Great West up. That would help FCS football out more than anything.

MplsBison
July 28th, 2008, 03:27 PM
The Big Ten doesn't need Michigan State taking resources away from Michigan. Kick them out?

Competition is what makes capitalism work. I guess you're more for socialism?

mebisonII
July 28th, 2008, 03:31 PM
The Big Ten doesn't need Michigan State taking resources away from Michigan. Kick them out?

That may be the single greatest leap of logic I've ever seen in an internet post. Well done xthumbsupx

Schedule UND-NDSU, or else you're a pink commie! xbowx

Hansel
July 28th, 2008, 03:39 PM
If the MVFC added one team I would guess it would be USD instead of UND (travel)

IABison
July 28th, 2008, 03:41 PM

xeekx I can see it on Fox News already! :D

NDSUFREAK
July 28th, 2008, 03:46 PM

nobody really likes you on this board.

MplsBison
July 28th, 2008, 03:51 PM
If the MVFC added one team I would guess it would be USD instead of UND (travel)

Every non Dakota team in the MVFC will be flying to every Dakota team.

Your argument fails.

TexasTerror
July 28th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Your argument fails.

How is his argument different than any of your arguments? You have yet to provide substantial information to give us any reason to think otherwise...

Houndawg
July 28th, 2008, 04:19 PM

In this country everybody has the right to speak foolishly in public, but I gotta confess that I'm curious about why you insist on abusing the priveledge.xconfusedx

TwinTownBisonFan
July 28th, 2008, 04:23 PM
You convinced me! There is no doubt that UND should be in the same conference as NDSU.

you realize that in each state mentioned there is a football powerhouse and an also-ran... why would you do that?

seriously dude... what kind of tard-scout are you?

90BISON
July 28th, 2008, 04:54 PM
nobody really likes you on this board.

What do you mean on this board, try ANY!xoopsx

90BISON
July 28th, 2008, 04:58 PM
That may be the single greatest leap of logic I've ever seen in an internet post. Well done xthumbsupx

I think I almost blew a vein out in my head after that grand canyon leap of logic.xeyebrowx Athletic team scheduling = socialism / communism. WOW.xeekx

TheBisonator
July 28th, 2008, 05:18 PM

Your argument fails.

Yeah, with oil approaching $200 per barrel and jet fuel almost as expensive as some precious metals, it would be crazy NOT to!!!

TheBisonator
July 28th, 2008, 05:20 PM
I think I almost blew a vein out in my head after that grand canyon leap of logic.xeyebrowx Athletic team scheduling = socialism / communism. WOW.xeekx

It's MplsBison, whaddya expect??

It's time for his night-night injection now.

90BISON
July 28th, 2008, 05:31 PM
It's MplsBison, whaddya expect??

It's time for his night-night injection now.

Actually the Minneapolis reference is just a clever disguise on his part to throw people off, so we don't all find out that his actual residence is located in south Jamestown, ND.xeyebrowx Lithium anyone?

http://www.nd.gov/dhs/locations/statehospital/

TheBisonator
July 28th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Actually the Minneapolis reference is just a clever disguise on his part to throw people off, so we don't all find out that his actual residence is located in south Jamestown, ND.xeyebrowx Lithium anyone?

http://www.nd.gov/dhs/locations/statehospital/

I always thought the Mpls in his name was real, and he was holed up in the loony ward at Abbott Northwestern Hospital...xlolx xlolx xlolx

90BISON
July 28th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I always thought the Mpls in his name was real, and he was holed up in the loony ward at Abbott Northwestern Hospital...xlolx xlolx xlolx

They have DSL there? Cool!

NDSUFREAK
July 28th, 2008, 06:02 PM
What do you mean on this board, try ANY!xoopsx

very true.

JBB
July 28th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Its a wonderful opportunity for UND! NDSU might answer one of their calls pretty soon.

Just think, a team eliminated in the D2 playoffs last year getting a shot at playing the NDSU BISON in the Fabulous Fargo Dome at a future date to be announced! It doesn't get any better than that!

MplsBison
July 28th, 2008, 06:22 PM
you realize that in each state mentioned there is a football powerhouse and an also-ran... why would you do that?

Yeah, Alabama or Auburn are definitely also rans.

xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

PantherRob82
July 28th, 2008, 06:23 PM

Your argument fails.

So flying is the same price anywhere?

MplsBison
July 28th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Yeah, with oil approaching $200 per barrel and jet fuel almost as expensive as some precious metals, it would be crazy NOT to!!!

Therefore teams should charter 3 buses since diesel is so cheap?

Good teams fly to games.
You either spend the money it takes to be a good team or you settle for being a Southern Utah.

PantherRob82
July 28th, 2008, 06:26 PM
I'm not sure why we need to take personal shots at Mpls. Just because he annoys some people sometimes, doesn't mean he's an idiot or bad person.

I'd rather add UCA than UND

PantherRob82
July 28th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Wichita State adding football would throw a big wrench in your plan.

MplsBison
July 28th, 2008, 06:27 PM
So flying is the same price anywhere?

Flying to Fargo, Grand Forks, Brookings and Vermillion are the same price from MVFC cities.

MplsBison
July 28th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Wichita State adding football would throw a big wrench in your plan.

As would Drake adding scholarship football.

Both are about as likely as a Grand Valley move up.

Plus Wichita wanted to go FBS.

Hansel
July 28th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Flying to Fargo, Grand Forks, Brookings and Vermillion are the same price from MVFC cities.

wouldn't it be cheaper for the teams to fly to minneapolis and then get rental cars to drive to their final destination xwhistlex xwhistlex

PantherRob82
July 28th, 2008, 09:48 PM
As would Drake adding scholarship football.

Both are about as likely as a Grand Valley move up.

Plus Wichita wanted to go FBS.

Wichita wants the Valley to go with them. Wichita is also fundraising for football, so I wouldn't count it out.

BearsCountry
July 28th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Wichita wants the Valley to go with them. Wichita is also fundraising for football, so I wouldn't count it out.

Something is going on behind the scenes in the Valley thats for sure - MSU is getting ready to expand, Illinois St released plans to do it, SIU is building a new stadium, Indiana St is talking about it.

roadwarrior
July 29th, 2008, 07:45 AM

Your argument fails.

UNI to USD would be a mere 252 miles. Hardly cause for a charter flight.

MplsBison
July 29th, 2008, 08:38 AM
They aren't going to add USD over UND for one team's ability to bus instead of fly.

90BISON
July 29th, 2008, 11:19 AM
They aren't going to add USD over UND for one team's ability to bus instead of fly.

Does the league commissioner know you are making all these decisions on her behalf, perhaps you should at least carbon copy her all your decisions.xoopsx

MplsBison
July 29th, 2008, 12:33 PM
On an institutional level and a athletic program level, UND is lightyears ahead of USD.

Guaranteed if they could only add one it would be UND.

But that pisses off NDSU fans so they'll bitch and moan. And that makes me happy!

JBB
July 29th, 2008, 12:42 PM

I think they will!

Im right.

Close the thread.

DaveK
July 29th, 2008, 01:12 PM

Please move this garbage to the smack forum where it belongs.

MplsBison
July 29th, 2008, 02:15 PM
There isn't a single shread of smack in my post.

UND will join NDSU in the MVFC and a new Nickel rivalry will be started.

And the fact that it pisses you off makes me happy. I'm smiling ear to ear at the though of you pounding your fists into the keyboard in rage, keys popping off and flying in all directions.

Houndawg
July 29th, 2008, 02:50 PM
There isn't a single shread of smack in my post.

UND will join NDSU in the MVFC and a new Nickel rivalry will be started.

And the fact that it pisses you off makes me happy. I'm smiling ear to ear at the though of you pounding your fists into the keyboard in rage, keys popping off and flying in all directions.

UND isn't ready yet. Who's coaching there anyway?xwhistlex

MplsBison
July 29th, 2008, 04:11 PM
No they are not ready yet.

Give them 4 seasons of transition and then the MVFC will be pounding down their door.

PantherRob82
July 29th, 2008, 05:46 PM
MPLS, are you welcome in the fargodome?

TheBisonator
July 29th, 2008, 06:06 PM
This thread needs to die a quick, painless death.

MplsBison
July 29th, 2008, 06:09 PM
MPLS, are you welcome in the fargodome?

I've seen over 25 games at the Fargodome and never have been stopped yet.

MplsBison
July 29th, 2008, 06:10 PM
This thread needs to die a quick, painless death.

But I get so much pleasure from your sniveling hatred.

PantherRob82
July 29th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I've seen over 25 games at the Fargodome and never have been stopped yet.

Ok, it was an honest question. I wasn't sure how welcome you were. Sorry if it came across as sarcasm.

JBB
July 29th, 2008, 06:49 PM
It would be a big break for UNDs program if they could get a game in Fargo. I could see a couple games, maybe more as long as they are in Fargo. No big guarantee just a chance for UND to play in the Fabulous Fargo Dome. Playing in North Dakotas largest stadium would help their program get some exposure.

The excitement in Grand Forks must be like BISON fans felt when we were setting up the Gopher series. Or maybe how the Crookston Coaches felt when they set up the series with UND a few years back? The big chance to go into the states largest city, play in the larger stadium, get a lot of coverage and exposure, come in as the underdog and have a few fans in tow.

TexasTerror
July 29th, 2008, 06:58 PM
The big chance to go into the states largest city, play in the larger stadium, get a lot of coverage and exposure, come in as the underdog and have a few fans in tow.

Can't UND accomplish that by playing in Minneapolis?

Don't even need NDSU because UND has 30k strong. Probably can play a Div II school like Minnesota-Duluth, who I am sure has a huge Minneapolis area fan base and pack the largest stadium in Minnesota up, get tons of coverage (though not on GoBison.com, so not sure where that registers), come in as an underdog and have at it!

JBB
July 30th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Sure they could. A big game against the Duluth Bulldogs, probably at a sold out Metrodome with a hockey rival to boot, would be a big game for their program too. Just ask Mnpls...

They should try and do both if they want to correctly promote their program. I would think they are in a bargaining mood but the following things probably arent negotiable with NDSU:

1) In accordance with NCAA policy no Native American Imagery, including trophies, can be used to promote athletic teams . Jerseys in official school colors with appropriate "logo" must be worn.

2) Depending on their official NCAA classification the Standard FCS/D2 guarantee for a bus game with no overnight or meals will be paid to the visiting team.

3) Games to be played in Fargo. They can take as many in a row as they want.

4) If the game(s) occurs before UND has achieved full Division 1 membership, they will supply academic records to the NDSU DI compliance Officer for all traveling squad student/athletes certifying their academic eligibility.

None of this is unreasonable. Hope it works out. The guarantee might be a little sticky but they could base it on actual cost?

NDB
July 30th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Can't UND accomplish that by playing in Minneapolis?

Don't even need NDSU because UND has 30k strong. Probably can play a Div II school like Minnesota-Duluth, who I am sure has a huge Minneapolis area fan base and pack the largest stadium in Minnesota up, get tons of coverage (though not on GoBison.com, so not sure where that registers), come in as an underdog and have at it!

the answer to that would be no.

my honest prediction UND vs. UMD or anybody other than NDSU they wouldn't get 5,000 people to the metrodome (more likely about half that).

UND MBB played in the Target Center (home of the T-wolves) last winter and only a few hundred people showed up.

UND is a hockey school, plain and simple. They have fielded some great football teams under Lennon, but come mid-October when the first puck is dropped interest plummets.

pcola
July 30th, 2008, 09:52 AM
It would be a big break for UNDs program if they could get a game in Fargo. I could see a couple games, maybe more as long as they are in Fargo. No big guarantee just a chance for UND to play in the Fabulous Fargo Dome. Playing in North Dakotas largest stadium would help their program get some exposure.

The excitement in Grand Forks must be like BISON fans felt when we were setting up the Gopher series. Or maybe how the Crookston Coaches felt when they set up the series with UND a few years back? The big chance to go into the states largest city, play in the larger stadium, get a lot of coverage and exposure, come in as the underdog and have a few fans in tow.
Big Break?? Is anyone buying any of this drivel?

UND owns the winning record against NDSU 62-45-3. I'm surprised that you would even want UND coming to the Fargodome. I believe UND is 4-1 in that venue. UND should call it their second home.

You may end up with more of this if/when UND comes back to Fargo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KHaKOjX_Hs).

I was going to let this go, as this thread appeared to be dying, but when it resurfaced, I couldn't help myself.

As for your post with the "list of conditions",xlolx xlolx xlolx

JBB
July 30th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Once upon a time I guess? We left that league ages ago. Now, with UND moving up to Division 1 athletics it would be a big break for them to play in the Fabulous Fargo Dome. I cant imagine how exciting it must be for you guys, think BISON/Gophers!

If it wasnt something UND has coveted why in the world would the last 3 ADs, the Coaches and the new President all be saying they want to schedule NDSU?

As far as the conditions go, I cant see any that need to be added:

1) NCAA native american imagery policy compliance
2) Appropriate divisional guarantee for bus game, no overnight, no meal
3) Unliimited single game renewals at the Fabulous Fargo Dome
4) Academic compliance with Division 1 guidelines

It seems to me with all of your boasting you would be eager?