PDA

View Full Version : Harrisonburg DNR: Liam vs Rodney

BDKJMU
July 25th, 2008, 05:42 PM
http://www.dnronline.com/sports_details.php?AID=30158&CHID=3&sub=

bleedblue
July 28th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Landers is no passer, although I hear he has been workin on it, but he is a weapon. A playmaker! However Cohen is a good QB and on a very good team in which he can be effective. He's no playmaker but on UMASS he will look good because of what's around him on both sides of the ball. You put Cohen on Towson and he sucks but Landers could still make plays. If my team were a sound team, all around, I would want Cohen because he gives you more options. Landers would be a nice WR option in the NFL though. Not sure his 40 time would be fast enough but he looks quick.

SkinsWizDukes
July 28th, 2008, 09:36 AM
I wouldn't say Rodney isn't a passer. He did complete 64% of his passes last season with an injured wrist for the majority of the season.

DTSpider
July 28th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Landers is no passer, although I hear he has been workin on it, but he is a weapon. A playmaker! However Cohen is a good QB and on a very good team in which he can be effective. He's no playmaker but on UMASS he will look good because of what's around him on both sides of the ball. You put Cohen on Towson and he sucks but Landers could still make plays. If my team were a sound team, all around, I would want Cohen because he gives you more options. Landers would be a nice WR option in the NFL though. Not sure his 40 time would be fast enough but he looks quick.

Landers is a slimmed down Stacey Tutt. Scary as heck to defend.

DEBO
July 28th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Tutt is a really good comparison, but I think that Landers might be a step quicker. Landers has shown the ability to make passes when necessary. Last years team was very successful with the run so there was not as much reliance on the passing game. Should be interesting to see how he does with a year of play under his belt. Coen is a tough QB to have to defend as well. Should be a good game on 9/13.

bleedblue
July 28th, 2008, 11:16 PM
I wouldn't say Rodney isn't a passer. He did complete 64% of his passes last season with an injured wrist for the majority of the season.

Bad stat to use by itself. I was trying to say he does not make plays with his arm. He may have a game or 2 each year where he has good numbers throwing the ball, not just completion %. Usually a good "passer" does not have games like 5-16 0 TD's and 1 INT or 8-22 1 TD and 1 INT. There were other games but I did not want to kill the guy because he is nightmare to play against. However not because of his passing game. "Passing" QB's like Flacco and Santos can kill you with their arm. Although Santos was pretty good with his feet too. Flacco is not going to hurt any team with his legs. I don't think you would have many people say Landers is a good passing QB. I do think overall he is a very good QB because he is very hard to defend. I know the Hens don't enjoy defending him.

minuteman65
July 29th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Coen should be healthy this year, so that's a big plus. However, we lost J.J. Moore and Rasheed Rancher. Someone new needs to step up to catch the ball from Coen. But the guy sure can throw.

I'm not looking forward to him graduating.

mcveyrl
July 29th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Bad stat to use by itself. I was trying to say he does not make plays with his arm. He may have a game or 2 each year where he has good numbers throwing the ball, not just completion %. Usually a good "passer" does not have games like 5-16 0 TD's and 1 INT or 8-22 1 TD and 1 INT. There were other games but I did not want to kill the guy because he is nightmare to play against. However not because of his passing game. "Passing" QB's like Flacco and Santos can kill you with their arm. Although Santos was pretty good with his feet too. Flacco is not going to hurt any team with his legs. I don't think you would have many people say Landers is a good passing QB. I do think overall he is a very good QB because he is very hard to defend. I know the Hens don't enjoy defending him.

This is all true. Bubble screens tend to help the ole passing percentage.

ChickenMan
July 29th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Landers.. like Edwards and many others proves that you don't have to be a great pure passer to be an outstanding 'college' QB. While Flacco has all the tools the NFL people want and was a first round pick by the Ravens.. the fact is that guys like Edwards.. Landers and Santos are really better suited to the college game and are in my opinion.. more difficult to defend than a classic NFL style QB like Joe Flacco.

BDKJMU
July 29th, 2008, 09:55 PM

Landers was really good passing for the most part the 1st 8 games. He was really bad for the most part the last 4 games, HORRENDOUS vs UD. Thats because he had an injured wrist the last 4 games, and apparently it was at its worst during the UD game. If you just saw him play against UD or any of the last 4 games you might think he wasn't a very good passer. If you saw the 1st 8 games you'd think he was a decent passer.

Me thinks Landers will have a better completion rate than last season- 66%-69% this season, which would be pretty darn good.

bleedblue
July 30th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Landers.. like Edwards and many others proves that you don't have to be a great pure passer to be an outstanding 'college' QB. While Flacco has all the tools the NFL people want and was a first round pick by the Ravens.. the fact is that guys like Edwards.. Landers and Santos are really better suited to the college game and are in my opinion.. more difficult to defend than a classic NFL style QB like Joe Flacco.

I agree completely. I would rather face Cohen than Landers, although both may lay the smacketh down on the Hens this year.

Monarch History
July 30th, 2008, 09:14 AM
I'm not sure who I would rather face this year as both are talented players. It will be fun following the CAA this year.xnodx