PDA

View Full Version : This pisses me off...

furman94
July 24th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Feel free to join our discussion on The UFFP:
http://uffp2.com/tpsmf/index.php?topic=4285.0

Read this BS:

http://oregonstate.scout.com/2/771348.html

Non-con scheduling, what about Auburn?

By DAN NORZ

THE TREND TOWARDS scheduling these days for college football's powerhouse programs has been ever increasing towards more of the "sure things". Hey, LSU won't even leave the cozy confines of Tiger Stadium this year when they play Appalachian State, Troy and Northwestern. But what about hooking up Oregon State and Auburn for a matchup in the near future?

That’s what the Montgomery Advertiser’s Josh Moon is suggesting so Auburn fans can avoid epic clashes such as their matchup with Furman in 2009.

A quick search for Furman football reveals they are located in Greenville, South Carolina. They produced an All-American running back, Jerome Felton, who was selected in the fifth round in this year’s NFL Draft.

They also went 6-5 last year. Their mascot is a Paladin. Their colors are purple and white. They belong to the Southern Conference -- a 1-AA league. They are a private school. They are a 1-AA school.

So, it might not be too far off base to say Auburn has the equivalent of a Portland State on their schedule...

Wow. I hate FBS ignorance!

OL FU
July 24th, 2008, 04:00 PM
GO PORTLAND STATExthumbsupx

ericsaid
July 24th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Where is portland state, what are their colors and what is their mascot and whens the last time they made it to the playoffs?

JohnStOnge
July 24th, 2008, 04:43 PM
LSU isn't playing Northwestern. Ok, they're playing North Texas, which is even "worse." But, c'mon, try to get the right team.

furman94
July 24th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Don't worry, I've already emailed him and told him of his errors!

Tribe4SF
July 24th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Where is portland state, what are their colors and what is their mascot and whens the last time they made it to the playoffs?

You need a smilie of some kind on that post so we know you're not asking those questions in earnest. If you are, please tell me you're not voting in our poll.

citdog
July 24th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Y'ALL REALLY DON'T WANT ME ON THE UFFP.

54-51

furman94
July 24th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Hope you come to Greenville so you can witness the REVENGE!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
July 24th, 2008, 04:55 PM
You need a smilie of some kind on that post so we know you're not asking those questions in earnest. If you are, please tell me you're not voting in our poll.

No kidding! xeekx

Death Dealer
July 27th, 2008, 11:42 AM
If you expected anything different, you were doomed to be disappointed. This guy is just a typical idiot in a typical sports department of a typical lower echelon paper. They will never do research beyond what they can easily find with the least amount of effort. And remember, they are writing to Auburn fans, possibly, collectively, the dumbest bunch of fans in FBS, except maybe for Florida fans. xnodx ;) The average Alabaman is not quite as sharp as a sack full of hammers.xrolleyesx

FUPaladin2010
July 27th, 2008, 12:51 PM
If you expected anything different, you were doomed to be disappointed. This guy is just a typical idiot in a typical sports department of a typical lower echelon paper. They will never do research beyond what they can easily find with the least amount of effort. And remember, they are writing to Auburn fans, possibly, collectively, the dumbest bunch of fans in FBS, except maybe for Florida fans. xnodx ;) The average Alabaman is not quite as sharp as a sack full of hammers.xrolleyesx

Take it from a former Florida Gators fan... you are pretty much spot on, Death Dealer.

I grew up in Florida, so I was naturally a Florida fan for years. However, I left all of my loyalty to UF behind when I became a student at Furman. I am now a diehard Paladin, and only a Paladin. I no longer associate with UF... and I am very happy about that.

Looking in retrospect, Gator fans are really, overly, stupidly obnoxious. I know some on here have said that Ohio State fans are jerks, but you should see a sports bar in Orlando when the Gators are playing. It will blow your mind. Not to mention the thousands of people who probably never watched a college basketball game before instantly becoming Florida basketball fans after their national championships. Can you say "bandwagon?"

Much better with the purple and white.

already123
July 27th, 2008, 09:54 PM
wow....

thats pretty much all I can come up with after reading that.

And who da hell is Oregon State anyways?! seriously....

PaladinFan
July 28th, 2008, 07:24 AM
I'm surprised Oregon State would volunteer for such a tail kicking. Believe me, there is nothing 90,000 SEC fans like more than whipping a PAC-10 school up and down the field. They relish it.

PAC-10 schools constantly complain about the SEC's weak out of conference schedules. They fail to recognize that the IN-conference schedule is generally a guantlet made up of 7 top 15 teams. SEC fans, in retort, say "come play us then." They like nothing better than to shut up the west coast.

OL FU
July 28th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Take it from a former Florida Gators fan... you are pretty much spot on, Death Dealer.

I grew up in Florida, so I was naturally a Florida fan for years. However, I left all of my loyalty to UF behind when I became a student at Furman. I am now a diehard Paladin, and only a Paladin. I no longer associate with UF... and I am very happy about that.

Looking in retrospect, Gator fans are really, overly, stupidly obnoxious. I know some on here have said that Ohio State fans are jerks, but you should see a sports bar in Orlando when the Gators are playing. It will blow your mind. Not to mention the thousands of people who probably never watched a college basketball game before instantly becoming Florida basketball fans after their national championships. Can you say "bandwagon?"

Much better with the purple and white.

See the below thread to jump on the Florida sucks bandwagonxthumbsupx

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44351&page=3

ChickenMan
July 28th, 2008, 08:47 AM

2000 - lost 49-14 at Delaware... ;)

appfan2008
July 28th, 2008, 12:13 PM
idiot ignorant sports writer:(

g-webb1994
July 28th, 2008, 12:17 PM
The "Ignorant Asshole" buzzer just went off. What a moron.

Grizaholic17
July 28th, 2008, 05:41 PM

where: portland
colors: green and black
mascot: viking
playoffs: too long

xthumbsupx

point made