PDA

View Full Version : SoCon Football Rouser

PaladinFan
July 23rd, 2008, 08:42 AM
GREENVILLE, S.C. -- The Furman Paladins are a preseason fifth place pick in a poll of Southern Conference head football coaches, it was announced today at the league's annual rouser.

Three-time defending champion Appalachian State was a near unanimous choice to repeat as league champion in 2008. The Mountaineers collected eight first place votes and 64 points in a poll of nine SoCon coaches.

Elon was picked second with 47 points and one first place vote followed by Wofford (45), Georgia Southern (44), and Furman (41). The Citadel (37) placed sixth in the poll followed by Chattanooga (19) and Western Carolina (17). New league member Samford (10) rounded out the field as the ninth place selection.

PaladinFan
July 23rd, 2008, 08:44 AM
GREENVILLE, S.C. -- The Furman Paladins are a preseason fifth place pick in a poll of Southern Conference head football coaches, it was announced today at the league's annual rouser.

Three-time defending champion Appalachian State was a near unanimous choice to repeat as league champion in 2008. The Mountaineers collected eight first place votes and 64 points in a poll of nine SoCon coaches.

Elon was picked second with 47 points and one first place vote followed by Wofford (45), Georgia Southern (44), and Furman (41). The Citadel (37) placed sixth in the poll followed by Chattanooga (19) and Western Carolina (17). New league member Samford (10) rounded out the field as the ninth place selection.

Pretty much looks like a tossup between 2nd through 6th...at least accoring to coaches.

Millwoch
July 23rd, 2008, 08:48 AM
I would love to see the individual polls from each coach. I bet each one was a little different considering there are only 10 points separating 2 from 6 in poll. I wonder who voted Elon #1.(it very well could happen)

OL FU
July 23rd, 2008, 08:50 AM
I would love to see the individual polls from each coach. I bet each one was a little different considering there are only 10 points separating 2 from 6 in poll. I wonder who voted Elon #1.(it very well could happen)

I would imagine Moore. xnodx I don't think you vote for your team in any position