PDA

View Full Version : SWAC Preseason Poll

TexasTerror
July 22nd, 2008, 01:35 PM
From the coaches...JSU favored to take the SWAC East and Grambling, the SWAC West...Bobby Reid did not do anything for Texas Southern, as they were picked dead last.

SWAC East
Jackson State (17) 105
Alabama A&M (5) 92
Mississippi Valley St 51
Alabama State 49
Alcorn State 33

SWAC West
Grambling State (11) 96
Southern (7) 89
Prairie View A&M (4) 75
Arkansas Pine Bluff 38
Texas Southern 32

3rd Coast Tiger
July 22nd, 2008, 02:44 PM
You did say this was a Preseason poll right? Just checking?

TexasTerror
July 22nd, 2008, 03:08 PM
You did say this was a Preseason poll right? Just checking?

Yep, but figured the pundits would have given TSU some more love with their new QB. We saw what RP did for JaxState... xnodx

Jag4Life
July 22nd, 2008, 09:17 PM
Yep, but figured the pundits would have given TSU some more love with their new QB. We saw what RP did for JaxState... xnodx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Punchykky
July 22nd, 2008, 09:25 PM

Maybe the pundits aren't aware of the new targets the new TSU QB might have?xconfusedx

3rd Coast Tiger
July 23rd, 2008, 09:15 AM
Maybe the pundits aren't aware of the new targets the new TSU QB might have?xconfusedx

I see you made it over from ......... anyway, get used to that dude and his comments.

WileECoyote06
July 23rd, 2008, 09:22 AM
whatup Punchkky, welcome to AGS

Just a warning, Grambling is only going to get better with Rod Broadway. And I think Anthony Jones will return A & M to the championship game.

813Jag
July 23rd, 2008, 09:25 AM
The West will be wide open. I still think the winner of the West will be decided in New Orleans.

TexasTerror
July 23rd, 2008, 09:52 AM

Does this mean a roster is available? Would be interested to learn what "new targets" that Reid has. Is the new TSU athletics web site down again?

813Jag
July 23rd, 2008, 10:21 AM
Preseason All-SWAC

Offensive Player of the Year — QB — Bryant Lee, Southern, 6-2, 195, Jr.

Defensive Player of the Year — LB— Zach East, Prairie View A&M, 6-1, 240, Sr.

First-Team Offense

OL — Muhammad Karim, Grambling St., 6-4, 300, Sr.

OL — Demarcus Stewart, Southern, 6-0, 285, Sr.

OL — Darius Turner, Alabama, A&M, 6-4, 297, Sr.

OL — Mikael Harshaw, Jackson State, 6-4, 310, Jr.

OL — Xavier Manuel, Alabama A&M, 6-1, 307, Jr.

TE — Abner Brown, Mississippi Valley State, 6-3, 210, Sr.

WR — Thomas Harris, Alabama A&M, 6-0, 210, Jr.

WR — Del Roberts, Southern, 5-9, 185, Jr.

RB — Frank Warren, Grambling State, 6-0, 185, So.

RB — Ulysses Banks, Alabama A&M, 5-8, 172, Jr.

QB — Bryant Lee, Southern, 6-2, 195, So.

K — Eric Perri, Jackson State, 5-8, 155, Jr.

First-Team Defense

DL — Vincent Lands, Southern, 6-1, 250, Sr.

DL — Ledarius Anthony, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, 6-6, 270, Sr.

DL — Jeremy Maddox, Alabama A&M, 6-0, 244, Jr.

DL — Christian Anthony, Grambling State, 6-4, 246, Jr.

LB — Zach East, Prairie View A&M, 6-1, 240, Sr.

LB — Rechard Johnson, Alabama State, 5-11 190, Jr.

LB — Tim Turner, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, 6-2, 215, Sr.

DB — Al Donaldson, Alabama A&M, 5-10, 173, Sr.

DB — Malcolm Palmer, Jackson State, 5-11, 175, Jr.

DB — Brandon Averett, Alabama State, 5-8, 175, Sr.

DB — Stewart Franks, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, 6-3, 218, Sr.

P — Josh Duran, Southern, 5-9, 180, So.

RS — Bruce Peters, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, 5-11, 185, Sr.

3rd Coast Tiger
July 23rd, 2008, 11:15 AM
Does this mean a roster is available? Would be interested to learn what "new targets" that Reid has. Is the new TSU athletics web site down again?

Glad you brought that up!

Can you provide the 2008 roster for your SWAC adopted school? If so, post it ------->

TexasTerror
July 23rd, 2008, 11:55 AM
Can't find 2008 rosters for PVA&M or Texas Southern...how am I supposed to make my selection for LDC?

3rd Coast Tiger
July 23rd, 2008, 12:14 PM
Can't find 2008 rosters for PVA&M or Texas Southern...how am I supposed to make my selection for LDC?

Well, this can't be! Go back and look for PVA&M's 2008 roster. Texas Southern is the only website that's not updated right?

TexasTerror
July 23rd, 2008, 12:18 PM
Well, this can't be! Go back and look for PVA&M's 2008 roster. Texas Southern is the only website that's not updated right?

PVA&M does give coverage to sports like cross country though. What a novel idea! xrulesx

Panther88
July 23rd, 2008, 12:19 PM
The West will be wide open. I still think the winner of the West will be decided in New Orleans.

2nd place will be decided in N'Awlins? xconfusedx

1 of 2 things must occur this fall: either PV does PrairieViewHam or PV does the playoffs. Anything else is considered a failure. xreadx

I like the way our players were snubbed. Serves as motivation, like last year. xreadx

813Jag
July 23rd, 2008, 12:21 PM
2nd place will be decided in N'Awlins? xconfusedx

1 of 2 things must occur this fall: either PV does PrairieViewHam or PV does the playoffs. Anything else is considered a failure. xreadx

I like the way our players were snubbed. Serves as motivation, like last year. xreadx
October 25 will decide your fate, unless you don't beat Grambling in Dallas. Things are turning around on the Bluff.

Maybe the Panthers can pick up that first SWAC playoff win. xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
July 23rd, 2008, 12:43 PM
If PVA&M (or whomever from the SWAC) makes the playoffs -- that's a trip to McNeese or Missoula.

Noticed with the move of the Grambling-Tx So game to the Alamodome, you guys are down to three actual home games (can't count games in Reliant). May be the fewest in all of FCS...

3rd Coast Tiger
July 23rd, 2008, 01:44 PM
Noticed with the move of the Grambling-Tx So game to the Alamodome, you guys are down to three actual home games (can't count games in Reliant). May be the fewest in all of FCS...

I got a brilliant idea....

Why don't you actually research that instead of being a little bitch (as always) in rambling on and tell me what you find out. xthumbsupx

Nevermind, the first website I went to showed this team only has three actual home games as well...

Texas College Blackshear Field (September 6th)
Alabama State Blackshear Field (October 11th)
Alcorn State Blackshear Field (November 15th)

Panther88
July 23rd, 2008, 01:47 PM
If PVA&M (or whomever from the SWAC) makes the playoffs -- that's a trip to McNeese or Missoula.

Yeah, we don't want any of Missoula. lol We'd rather the baptism by fire of McN. Proximity, of course.

It's pure speculation right now and we really don't know what gives until LDC w/e. sTu will not be a pushover by any stretch. If we win it, we'll have to earn it because they aren't going to give the game away w/ the coaching staff that's in place.xreadx

blackcaesar3k5
July 23rd, 2008, 01:53 PM
I truly believe SWAC Champions will be Grambling State Tigers.. Coach Rod Broadway is doing all right things building into winner..

TexasTerror
July 23rd, 2008, 02:40 PM
Texas College Blackshear Field (September 6th)
Alabama State Blackshear Field (October 11th)
Alcorn State Blackshear Field (November 15th)

Texas College traveling to an FCS school? Another novel idea!

Yeah, we don't want any of Missoula. lol We'd rather the baptism by fire of McN. Proximity, of course.

Missoula is very rough. Don't think anyone, SWAC, SLC or whomever, would want to make the trek to play a contest against Montana on the road..

Panther88
July 23rd, 2008, 03:10 PM
Missoula is very rough. Don't think anyone, SWAC, SLC or whomever, would want to make the trek to play a contest against Montana on the road..

Montana has perfected their craft & to watch them execute it in their home dungeon would be football-cide (suicide). lol They're damned good (not taking anything away from McN).

813Jag
July 23rd, 2008, 07:03 PM
I truly believe SWAC Champions will be Grambling State Tigers.. Coach Rod Broadway is doing all right things building into winner..
They still have that hump in New Orleans to get over.

ASU33
July 24th, 2008, 03:49 PM

I doubt it! I like either Jackson State to repeat or either Southern.