PDA

View Full Version : Another Big Sky player drafted

DuckDuckGriz
April 24th, 2005, 04:26 PM
NAU kicker Paul Ernster taken by the Broncos. I believe that's three from the Big Sky now, is there any other I-AA conferenc w/more?

dbackjon
April 25th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Interesting that the Conference that has won the last two titles (A-10) had zero players drafted.

GannonFan
April 25th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Winning titles and having NFL-draftable players are two entirely different things. How many Georgia Southern guys have made it to the pros? Conversely the MEAC this year had a ton of guys drafted but none of their teams were even in the top ten this year. Winning titles in college football is often completely different from having NFL players on your squad - heck, Temple routinely puts guys into the pros and they would struggle to make the playoffs in IAA.

DuckDuckGriz
April 25th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Winning titles and having NFL-draftable players are two entirely different things. How many Georgia Southern guys have made it to the pros? Conversely the MEAC this year had a ton of guys drafted but none of their teams were even in the top ten this year. Winning titles in college football is often completely different from having NFL players on your squad - heck, Temple routinely puts guys into the pros and they would struggle to make the playoffs in IAA.

There's an old saying....there's no "I" in 'team."

Teams win titles, not superstars......Okay okay forget Marshall in 96.