PDA

View Full Version : Montana to replace Sprinturf

uofmman1122
July 16th, 2008, 08:41 PM
The University of Montana will replace the synthetic playing surface in Washington-Grizzly Stadium this summer. The move will allow Sprinturf, the manufacturer, to install the latest technology offered by the company.

Removal of the old surface begins Monday, July 21, and the new field will be ready for play by Sept. 1.....http://wpe1.montanagrizzlies.com/fmi/xsl/mt_griz/db/news/xsl/news_item.xsl?-db=mtgriz_content&-lay=content_news_detail&id_news=22676&record_type=DB&-token.1=22676&-max=1&-find

I was wondering when they'd get around to it, and I noticed the announcement on montanagrizzlies.com just now.

Sorry if I've missed the boat, and this has been brought up, and already moved to the smack board. xlolx:p

CopperCat
July 16th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Can't be outdone by your pals to the east can you now?xrolleyesx :D

But honestly, I now realize you do need to replace that stuff more frequently. Good for the Griz, they'll put it to good use.xnodx

MplsBison
July 16th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Hopefully they'll use a logo that is representative of the athletic department this time.

CrazyCat
July 16th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Hopefully they'll use a logo that is representative of the athletic department this time.

What would that be MPLS?

Grizo406
July 16th, 2008, 09:46 PM

As somewhat of a low-level ICON on AGS, I've said some pretty dumb things in my posts...believe it , or not!??!

But MplsBison's latest entry has got to rank fairly high in the "You Gotta' Be ****tin' Me...He Didn't Just Post That, Did He?" department.

dbackjon
July 16th, 2008, 09:47 PM
As somewhat of a low-level ICON on AGS, I've said some pretty dumb things in my posts...believe it , or not!??!

But MplsBison's latest entry has got to rank fairly high in the "You Gotta' Be ****tin' Me...He Didn't Just Post That, Did He?" department.

Which happens daily...

uofmman1122
July 16th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Can't be outdone by your pals to the east can you now?xrolleyesx :D

But honestly, I now realize you do need to replace that stuff more frequently. Good for the Griz, they'll put it to good use.xnodxOh, right, because we haven't been doing anything to improve our stadium lately. Keeping up with the Cats is tough business, what with the massive field and stadium overhaul they're currently undertaking this summer. xrolleyesxxlolxxwhistlex

But no kidding about replacing it more often. I was in the stadium last week, and thought, "Ohhhh! I love the smell of this place!" only to realize it was the smell of the rubber in the field. xlolx It's definitely time to replace it.

Hopefully they'll use a logo that is representative of the athletic department this time.You mean something other than what's already plastered all over every aspect of the athletic department? Oh, please, do tell! xlolx

CrazyCat
July 16th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Lets get the smack started.

Sprinturf sucks, Fieldturf is better.:p xlolx xpeacex

slostang
July 16th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Which happens daily...

With each and every post he makes.

Cleets
July 16th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Anybody know the technical differences between the old & the new turf offerings..?

what's the advantage..?

ursus arctos horribilis
July 16th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Anybody know the technical differences between the old & the new turf offerings..?

what's the advantage..?

It's somehow related to the totalsuperrazzooness factor. It's kinda technical.

stevdock
July 16th, 2008, 10:24 PM

what's the advantage..?

I was gonna ask the same thing and how often does it need replaced especially when it is outside all year round in the elements.

CID1990
July 16th, 2008, 10:28 PM
I thought Sprinturf was some NAIA school they had padded their schedule with.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 16th, 2008, 10:32 PM
I thought Sprinturf was some NAIA school they had padded their schedule with.

I'll get ahold of the AD if you guys need the # CID, it would be nice to see you make the playoffs.

Cleets
July 16th, 2008, 10:37 PM
It's somehow related to the totalsuperrazzooness factor. It's kinda technical.

Hmmm.... xchinscratchx that does sound technical

ursus arctos horribilis
July 16th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Hmmm.... xchinscratchx that does sound technical

There is further explanation of it from Ronbo on the WaGriz upgrades thread here. There is also further information as to what dumb ass was talking about earlier in this thread.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43913&page=3

uofmman1122
July 16th, 2008, 10:46 PM
New Maroon end zones are going to look kickin' rad, too. xthumbsupx

CID1990
July 16th, 2008, 10:55 PM
I'll get ahold of the AD if you guys need the # CID, it would be nice to see you make the playoffs.

Considering the luck you have had with SoCon schools, you had better hope we ALL play Florida and clempson this year.

griz&beer
July 16th, 2008, 11:08 PM
New Maroon end zones are going to look kickin' rad, too. xthumbsupx

I was really hoping they would do that. It will be top notch..xnodx

Cleets
July 16th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Boys...!!!
I'm fairly excited for our September shin-dig..!!! xnodx My Dad mentioned he might have a beer with us in the Suite..!!!
(I love drinking with the old man)

CrazyCat
July 16th, 2008, 11:13 PM
A quick quiz for Mpls.

which bear do you see here

http://forsythdogiebasketball.ihigh.com/users/3351/photos/45ddd2072058c_profile

A
http://blog.columbusalive.com/RiotAct/black%20bear.jpg

B.
http://www.sheeptoshawl.com/news/data/upimages/cute_polar_bear.jpg

C

http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/staticfiles/NGS/Shared/StaticFiles/animals/images/primary/grizzly-bear.jpg

or D

http://jellystonehillcountry.com/cbooks/yogi11c.jpg

uofmman1122
July 16th, 2008, 11:22 PM
A quick quiz for Mpls.

which bear do you see herexlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx
xoutofrepx

Boys...!!!
I'm fairly excited for our September shin-dig..!!! xnodx My Dad mentioned he might have a beer with us in the Suite..!!!
(I love drinking with the old man)ARGH!!!

I'm going to miss out on an insanely awesome time! Stupid Japan foreign exchange! xnonono2xxlolx

Cleets
July 16th, 2008, 11:26 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx
xoutofrepx

ARGH!!!

I'm going to miss out on an insanely awesome time! Stupid Japan foreign exchange! xnonono2xxlolx

It's going to be ridiculous..!!! xlolx

MplsBison
July 17th, 2008, 07:45 AM

How foolish of me.

I mean, so many of the UM teams have bears on the uniforms.

Right?

How about a "Griz" logo that they use on the helmet?

ursus arctos horribilis
July 17th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Considering the luck you have had with SoCon schools, you had better hope we ALL play Florida and clempson this year.

Yes I see what you mean about the luck with SoCon schools. We have 2 National Championships that were won against the SoCon and we are 3-2 against the SoCon in the last 5 meetings. I got it, we should base the history on last year alone.

X-Factor
July 17th, 2008, 11:34 AM
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx
xoutofrepx

ARGH!!!

++

CrazyCat
July 17th, 2008, 11:42 AM
How foolish of me.

I mean, so many of the UM teams have bears on the uniforms.

Right?

How about a "Griz" logo that they use on the helmet?

I'd have to confirm, but I think Nike and Daktronics blocked the attempt to change the logo at mid-field. :D

Lionsrking
July 17th, 2008, 12:21 PM
http://wpe1.montanagrizzlies.com/fmi/xsl/mt_griz/db/news/xsl/news_item.xsl?-db=mtgriz_content&-lay=content_news_detail&id_news=22676&record_type=DB&-token.1=22676&-max=1&-find

I was wondering when they'd get around to it, and I noticed the announcement on montanagrizzlies.com just now.

Sorry if I've missed the boat, and this has been brought up, and already moved to the smack board. xlolx:p

Do you have any idea what the cost of the replacement is? We have the Sprinturf brand in our stadium, which was installed in 2003. The field is still in pretty good shape but we'll need to replace it in a couple of years. I know the bulk of the original cost is in field preparation and drainage...just wondering what the replacement cost is.

AZGrizFan
July 17th, 2008, 11:04 PM

what's the advantage..?

I've heard that the new stuff doesn't make 47 yard field goal attempts go wide left. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

grizband
July 17th, 2008, 11:05 PM
I've heard that the new stuff doesn't make 47 yard field goal attempts go wide left. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx
ouch...xnonono2x

SeattleGriz
July 17th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Boys...!!!
(I love drinking with the old man)

No kidding. New addition, new sound system and new turf all for this upcoming year. Its like taking your car in for the super detail.

And by the way, stop calling me old man! :D

uofmman1122
July 18th, 2008, 12:38 AM
I've heard that the new stuff doesn't make 47 yard field goal attempts go wide left. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolxAwwwwww, Nah man.......xnonono2x

lol

Ronbo
July 18th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Do you have any idea what the cost of the replacement is? We have the Sprinturf brand in our stadium, which was installed in 2003. The field is still in pretty good shape but we'll need to replace it in a couple of years. I know the bulk of the original cost is in field preparation and drainage...just wondering what the replacement cost is.

$450,000 or about half because the field doesn't have to be torn up and prepped.