PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Jerry Moore video.

catamount man
July 15th, 2008, 09:49 PM
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1137883230?bctid=1435437082

God bless!!! :)

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Skjellyfetti
July 15th, 2008, 09:57 PM
You App fans are getting out of control. xsmiley_wix xlolx

catamount man
July 15th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Just thought some people would enjoy it. I'm a Christian, not the best one by a long shot I assure you and God knows my faults better than I do, but it's a good video IMO.

Even as a fan of App's biggest rival, I have always thought Coach Moore was a class act and a good example for his players.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

thmst30
July 16th, 2008, 02:57 AM
xsmhx What are we ever gonna do when this great man retires. I can't stand to think of ASU football without Jerry Moore. It will be a sad day of celebration.xbawlingx

SO lets enjoy him while we got him and go get 4 for Moore!xthumbsupx

catamount man
July 16th, 2008, 06:50 AM
xsmhx What are we ever gonna do when this great man retires. I can't stand to think of ASU football without Jerry Moore. It will be a sad day of celebration.xbawlingx

He is a great man and a great role model for the young men that wear the black and gold. All of the SoCon will miss him when he decides to step down.

phillyAPP
July 16th, 2008, 07:06 AM

THAT WAS GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!

I will not think about Coach MOORE leaving. Coach has MOORE to give APP State and as he said ONLY GOD will tell us all when its time for him to transfer his mission.

GOD Blessed Coach Moore and APP State.

And Thank You for posting this.... Let the message be heard !!!!!

CSUBUCDAD
July 16th, 2008, 07:51 AM
What a great leader he is. Perfect example for the young men on that team to follow.

CID1990
July 16th, 2008, 10:11 AM
I guess this is why Notre Dame sucks now. Jesus left Indiana and went to Boone.

thmst30
July 16th, 2008, 10:47 AM
I guess this is why Notre Dame sucks now. Jesus left Indiana and went to Boone.
xlolx

3rd Coast Tiger
July 16th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Great Story! Congrats Coach Moore! xthumbsupx

I see they called us Div. IAA so it's time to write this Billy Graham dude and set him straight right? xconfusedx

813Jag
July 16th, 2008, 01:11 PM

I see they called us Div. IAA so it's time to write this Billy Graham dude and set him straight right? xconfusedx
You won't get recruits using I-AA. But seriously you guys in Boone have lots to be proud of, you have a fan in Tampa on 8/30. xthumbsupx

AmsterBison
July 16th, 2008, 01:43 PM
The philosophy of "if I am right with God, I'll derive wordly success" is completely at odds with everything I believe in, but I still can't help but respect Coach Moore immensely. I hope he keeps following his heart (while using all the other gifts he has at his disposal).

Totally off topic, but is the word "awesome" some sort of shibboleth for surfers and evangelicals?

JMU2K_DukeDawg
July 16th, 2008, 01:55 PM
They are more aligned than one might think:

http://www.christiansurfers.net/ xthumbsupx

While I believe in the message, I really get annoyed with the way evangelicals talk about their beliefs. I guess it's the Catholic in me that feels these things are a little more private, and let your actions speak of your Christian beliefs.

While protestants often seem to be searching for their friend, Jesus, I think we Catholics tend to simply pray for strength in difficult times (and less often in good times), calling on the Holy Spirit to guide us. Essentially the same thing, but semantics mean so much in religions, don't they...? ok, amateur philosophy hour is over! xpeacex

I thought this video was very well done. Any parent should feel proud to have their son learn football under the tutelage of this man. I also feel much the same way about Mickey Matthews and his staff at JMU. The two are as close of friends as any two OOC coaches in FCS I believe. I do not think either is looking forward to Sept. 20 as much as we fans are! xnodx

catamount man
July 16th, 2008, 04:17 PM

While I believe in the message, I really get annoyed with the way evangelicals talk about their beliefs. I guess it's the Catholic in me that feels these things are a little more private, and let your actions speak of your Christian beliefs.

While protestants often seem to be searching for their friend, Jesus, I think we Catholics tend to simply pray for strength in difficult times (and less often in good times), calling on the Holy Spirit to guide us. Essentially the same thing, but semantics mean so much in religions, don't they...? ok, amateur philosophy hour is over! xpeacex

I thought this video was very well done. Any parent should feel proud to have their son learn football under the tutelage of this man. I also feel much the same way about Mickey Matthews and his staff at JMU. The two are as close of friends as any two OOC coaches in FCS I believe. I do not think either is looking forward to Sept. 20 as much as we fans are! xnodx

I am a Catholic as well. Converted from the evangelical faith as a matter of fact so I see both points of view. I think Catholics for a long time have needed to both expand upon what we feel to be the fullness of truth, yet at the same time there was never any excuse for any Catholic to not know their Bible. That's why daily readings are included in the weekly parish bulletins but so many of us still won't pick up a Bible. Yes, private interpretation can be a bad thing if grossly misintepreted, but I like to take the words from Peter when he states "Be ready to give a reason for your hope" and the more Biblically sound we are, we as Catholics can then do this successfully without fear or prejudice toward our Protestant brothers/sisters.

Hope that made some sense. I feel a beer run with Dungeon Joe and HiHiYikas would be a good thing. As we Catholics call it, "theology on tap". An AGS American Religious Town Hall if you will.

God bless!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

SideLine Shooter
July 16th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Excellent.

ASUMountaineer
July 16th, 2008, 05:43 PM

Well, I don't think you'll hear him say this if it was to a normal news stations of Fox Sports Net. This was a video made for protestants to watch to as inspiration. I understand what you're saying and agree, but I think this was for a targeted audience.

With that said, I am glad we have coach Moore. I was one, a few years back, who wasn't sure if he still needed to be at the head. He was essentially HC and OC. I really wanted us to get an OC. He brought in Scott and the rest is history. I am glad that we kept him as HC and Scott has been an awesome addition.

To those who are concerned about Jerry stepping down, I think we will be in good hands. I think Scott Satterfield will be his replacement and I think he will keep Jerry close by. He will be the Dean to Scott's Roy. :)

SoCon48
July 16th, 2008, 07:53 PM
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1137883230?bctid=1435437082

God bless!!! :)

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Feel obligated to remind the critics, this, yet another ASU related thread, was not started by an App fan.

Good post and thanks, Catamount Man.

SoCon48
July 16th, 2008, 07:56 PM

I feel the same way about athiests, etc, who do everything they can publicly to stop the existence, practice, and spread of religion. They claim a targer cashier offends them by saying, "Merry Christmas." Same goes for those religions not tolerant of Christianity. It offends me absolutely none in the least for a Jewish individual to wish me Happy Hannukah.

APPALACHIANstate
July 16th, 2008, 08:01 PM
God Bless Jerry Moore...

catamount man
July 16th, 2008, 08:07 PM

I feel the same way about athiests, etc, who do everything they can publicly to stop the existence, practice, and spread of religion. They claim a targer cashier offends them by saying, "Merry Christmas." Same goes for those religions not tolerant of Christianity. It offends me absolutely none in the least for a Jewish individual to wish me Happy Hannukah.

Absolutely. God's chosen people to boot! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

In no way was JMU attacking the beliefs of anybody as there are certain fundies who do paint a not so good pic of Christianity, but heck, there have been folks from all denominations that have done the same thing. As long as we can all come to the central tenet of Christ crucified, buried, and risen again, the rest has a tendency to work itself out.

Kinda like when the disciples told Jesus they saw some people not within their group preaching and healing in his name. If you remember the scripture, Jesus told the disciples to leave them be as they were for him, not against him. That's the best way for all Christians to be towards each other and loving our fellow man as well.
xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

ASUMountaineer
July 16th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Absolutely. God's chosen people to boot! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

In no way was JMU attacking the beliefs of anybody as there are certain fundies who do paint a not so good pic of Christianity, but heck, there have been folks from all denominations that have done the same thing. As long as we can all come to the central tenet of Christ crucified, buried, and risen again, the rest has a tendency to work itself out.

Kinda like when the disciples told Jesus they saw some people not within their group preaching and healing in his name. If you remember the scripture, Jesus told the disciples to leave them be as they were for him, not against him. That's the best way for all Christians to be towards each other and loving our fellow man as well.
xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Hit the nail on the head. xthumbsupx

proasu89
July 16th, 2008, 08:15 PM
I am a Catholic as well. Converted from the evangelical faith as a matter of fact so I see both points of view. I think Catholics for a long time have needed to both expand upon what we feel to be the fullness of truth, yet at the same time there was never any excuse for any Catholic to not know their Bible. That's why daily readings are included in the weekly parish bulletins but so many of us still won't pick up a Bible. Yes, private interpretation can be a bad thing if grossly misintepreted, but I like to take the words from Peter when he states "Be ready to give a reason for your hope" and the more Biblically sound we are, we as Catholics can then do this successfully without fear or prejudice toward our Protestant brothers/sisters.

Hope that made some sense. I feel a beer run with Dungeon Joe and HiHiYikas would be a good thing. As we Catholics call it, "theology on tap". An AGS American Religious Town Hall if you will.

God bless!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Well Said!

HiHiYikas
July 16th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I feel a beer run with Dungeon Joe and HiHiYikas would be a good thing. As we Catholics call it, "theology on tap". An AGS American Religious Town Hall if you will.
Sounds fun to me...

ASU is very lucky to have Coach Moore. Coaching stability seems to be about 89% of what it takes to be highly successful at the FCS level.

I shudder to envision the day when ASU will be coached by some young hotshot who can't wait to jump ship after three years in order to be the new assistant inside linebackers coordinator at Giant State University.

If Forrest Gump has taught us anything, though, it's that Van Gorder happens.

xoopsx

catamount man
July 16th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Sounds fun to me...

ASU is very lucky to have Coach Moore. Coaching stability seems to be about 89% of what it takes to be highly successful at the FCS level.

I shudder to envision the day when ASU will be coached by some young hotshot who can't wait to jump ship after three years in order to be the new assistant inside linebackers coordinator at Giant State University.

If Forrest Gump has taught us anything, though, it's that Van Gorder happens.

xoopsx

I feel with the staff he has put together, ASU will be in great hands for YEARS to come. 1st beer will be on me bro! xthumbsupx

uofmman1122
July 16th, 2008, 10:35 PM
I'm not a man of God at all, but I can't help but immensely respect the man ASU has the pleasure of having as its head coach. xnodx

smallcollegefbfan
July 16th, 2008, 11:26 PM
I'm not a man of God at all, but I can't help but immensely respect the man ASU has the pleasure of having as its head coach. xnodx

When you see people like Jerry Moore it is hard to think there is no God. People like him are great role models who you never have to worry about not representing his school well. I feel blessed to be an FCS fan with people like him coaching. God Bless Jerry Moore! Great coach and even greater man!

uofmman1122
July 16th, 2008, 11:30 PM
When you see people like Jerry Moore it is hard to think there is no God. People like him are great role models who you never have to worry about doing the wrong thing. I feel blessed to be an FCS fan with people like him coaching. God Bless Jerry Moore! Great coach and even greater man!

Not calling you out here but I have seen people who cover football who claim to not follow God and their actions are always a disappoint compared to thoe out there who do.I won't go any further into my religious beliefs, since this is not the place to do so. I'll just repeat that I respect him, and I still would even if he wasn't religious at all. xnodx

smallcollegefbfan
July 16th, 2008, 11:36 PM
I won't go any further into my religious beliefs, since this is not the place to do so. I'll just repeat that I respect him, and I still would even if he wasn't religious at all. xnodx

As long as you know I wasn't calling you out. We are all entitled to our own beliefs. I remember when some were calling him out for supposedly running up the score on some team last year but I don't see it now. Hard to after hearing that video.

Cleets
July 16th, 2008, 11:37 PM
I couldn't give two *****s about "jeezus christ" but I never (NEVER) get tired of watching Jerry Moore and listening to him...
He is probably one of the single greatest coaches alive today

this is something that every FCS football team should watch (regardless of religious slants)

this is simply an amazing little clip (worth every second) xnodx

T-Dog
July 16th, 2008, 11:42 PM

Or his grandson-in-law Corey Lynch can tell him. :D

FUPaladin63
July 17th, 2008, 12:32 AM
This is a good Christian testimony from a coach who had to endure many seasons of seeking success before he achieved his goals. His faith helped him with that.

asu70
July 17th, 2008, 09:30 AM
I couldn't give two *****s about "jeezus christ" but I never (NEVER) get tired of watching Jerry Moore and listening to him...
He is probably one of the single greatest coaches alive today

this is something that every FCS football team should watch (regardless of religious slants)

this is simply an amazing little clip (worth every second) xnodx

IMHO, the GOOD NEWS is that Christ cares about you and everyone else in this world no matter what our sins are!

SoCon48
July 17th, 2008, 09:49 AM
:D
IMHO, the GOOD NEWS is that Christ cares about you and everyone else in this world no matter what our sins are!

Sounds like the Cleets guy is in big trouble if he doesn't change his thoughts. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx:D

UCABEARS75
July 17th, 2008, 09:57 AM
And all the people said.....AMEN!!!

phillyAPP
July 17th, 2008, 12:53 PM
:D

Sounds like the Cleets guy is in big trouble if he doesn't change his thoughts. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx:D

I said a prayer for Cleets and UofMman when i read their posts.

I respect both of you and prayed that your hearts reconsider your beliefs ........ someday soon. No ill-will intended.

I also invite both Cleets and UofMman to Boone for a football game. I have extra tickets whenever you want, just let me know and I will keep them for you.

Cleets
July 17th, 2008, 01:13 PM
I appreciate all of your collective good will - a sincere thank you...
There is a great big world of religions out there (I believe 34,000)

My relationship with God is in fine condition xlolx no middle man required - no book required

I was born with (and we all were born with) everything we need to know... and life teaches us the rest -

my trinity:
an open mind - an open heart - and open eyes
all three are required

xbowx bless you guys

phillyAPP
July 18th, 2008, 11:30 AM

My relationship with God is in fine condition xlolx no middle man required - no book required

I was born with (and we all were born with) everything we need to know... and life teaches us the rest -

my trinity:
an open mind - an open heart - and open eyes
all three are required

xbowx bless you guys

My offer still stands, if your ever in the carolina's during football season. You can come to a game with my wife and I,and a few thousand friends.

Cleets
July 18th, 2008, 03:24 PM
My offer still stands, if your ever in the carolina's during football season. You can come to a game with my wife and I,and a few thousand friends.

That's worth doing..!!! xnodx
It would be nice to see that fancy new stadium and see our FCS power-house play

I'll be in touch... (count on that)

SoCon48
July 18th, 2008, 04:07 PM

This the part that will get you in trouble:

I couldn't give two *****s about "jeezus christ" but I never (NEVER) get tired of

I saw a bumper sticker once which said: Jesus is coming! And boy is he pissed!

Good luck.

smallcollegefbfan
July 19th, 2008, 10:22 AM

I couldn't give two *****s about "jeezus christ" but I never (NEVER) get tired of

Good luck.

Good bumper sticker. Very true! xthumbsupx

uofmman1122
July 20th, 2008, 01:52 AM

Good luck.Until Jesus comes down and personally fricassees my a$$, I won't be so easily convinced that's going to happen. But I won't say anymore than that. No use in this thread becoming one big argument. If you want me to expand on my beliefs (or lack thereof) you can PM me. xcoffeex

SoCon48
July 20th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Until Jesus comes down and personally fricassees my a$$, I won't be so easily convinced that's going to happen. But I won't say anymore than that. No use in this thread becoming one big argument. If you want me to expand on my beliefs (or lack thereof) you can PM me. xcoffeex

If you want me to expand on my beliefs (or lack thereof) you can PM me.

Ummm. No. That won't be necessary.

My posts were clearly in reply to Cleets' quotes. xrulesx

Cleets
July 20th, 2008, 11:06 PM

Good luck.

No disrespect to your beliefs...
I just don't think God is mad at anybody - Anger and fear and pain and Love and Hate and Joy... those are humans words
designed by human minds to describe human experiences and emotions...

Each person has to do it their own way... go through this beautiful life and experience this amazing world
their own way - what we all choose to be apart of and join or not be apart of and in turn not join... that is our own experience

as I stated: My relationship with God is personal (Just me and God) No book... No middle man required

You get to choose your way.. and in so doing - your experience is unique to you alone

xbowx again .... I alway appreciate the warm thoughts and open hearts
Love you guys.. and the AGS brotherhood

xbowx

appfan2008
July 21st, 2008, 08:35 AM
jerry moore is a great coach and even better man

SideLine Shooter
July 21st, 2008, 08:37 AM
jerry moore is a great coach and even better man

xnodx xoutofrepx

Skjellyfetti
July 21st, 2008, 01:30 PM
Happy Birthday, Coach Moore.

http://everydotconnects.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/birthdaycake.jpg