PDA

View Full Version : Your teams biggest games in '08

Monarch History
July 15th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Would you tell me who you would consider your school's two biggest opponents in '08?

ASUMountaineer
July 15th, 2008, 07:28 PM
James Madison and Wofford.

slycat
July 15th, 2008, 07:33 PM
UCA and SMU

BearsCountry
July 15th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I'm going to throw out Oklahoma State so I say Southern Illinois and UNI.

Appguy
July 15th, 2008, 07:38 PM
James Madison and Wofford.
you cant leave out LSU chris!

LSU and JMU

ASUMountaineer
July 15th, 2008, 07:43 PM

LSU and JMU

I know Palma, but LSU won't really effect our standing if we lose. I mean, we obviously won't be able to lose more than two other games, but in the grand scheme of the FCS season I think the JMU game is a no brainer, and the Wofford game (on national TV) could decide the SoCon. I think they will mean more at the end. However, I guess the BIGGEST, as far as attention and such, LSU is the biggest.

Either way, it's going to be one hell of a season. xnodx You going to JMU?

813Jag
July 15th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Grambling and Jackson St. are always the two biggest games.

slostang
July 15th, 2008, 07:55 PM
For Cal Poly Montana and McNeese State as far as FCS games go. Wisconsin if you throw in FBS games.

dgreco
July 15th, 2008, 08:14 PM
UMass and Central Connecticut

Ivytalk
July 15th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Yale.

As it should be.xnodx

Appguy
July 15th, 2008, 08:19 PM
I know Palma, but LSU won't really effect our standing if we lose. I mean, we obviously won't be able to lose more than two other games, but in the grand scheme of the FCS season I think the JMU game is a no brainer, and the Wofford game (on national TV) could decide the SoCon. I think they will mean more at the end. However, I guess the BIGGEST, as far as attention and such, LSU is the biggest.

Either way, it's going to be one hell of a season. You going to JMU?

touche,

yea, goin to JMU. I need to buy tickets now that I have a place to stay (beav has something set up)

BEAR
July 15th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Tulsa and McNeese. Tulsa because they ruled the FBS in offense last year. McNeese xbowx because after watching our last game over and over and seeing the pitiful mistakes by our defense and the slip ups by our offense, I can see one heck of a game that might go into overtime! xthumbsupx

g-webb1994
July 15th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Coastal Carolina and Liberty. That's no offense to Sam Houston, Georgia Tech., Stony Brook, or PC, but hopefully the last two games we have, Coastal here and at Liberty, will mean something.

McNeese75
July 15th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Geez, pretty much all of them

UNC and Cal Poly for obvious reasons :)
Delta State because that game is a land mine waiting to happen ;)
SDSU because payback it due xnodx
All conference games because there will be a target on the back of the blue and gold in the SLC this year and the away game schedule is tough. xeekx

RookieBison
July 15th, 2008, 08:34 PM
SDSU and Wyoming

ASUMountaineer
July 15th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Yale.

As it should be.xnodx

True, always enjoy a good rivalry. xnodx

SactoHornetFan
July 15th, 2008, 08:36 PM
CSU (Colorado State that is) and ucd

Seawolf97
July 15th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Forced to pick just 2 -

Hofstra - Long Island Rivalry
Liberty - Huge Conference game

xnodx xlolx xlolx

Thundar
July 15th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Have to go with UNI and YSU

Wyoming for FBS

SIUallDay
July 15th, 2008, 08:58 PM
All of them, even Indiana St.....xlolx

TonkaBison
July 15th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Have to go with UNI and YSU

Wyoming for FBS

What he said! xnodx

zilla
July 15th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Liberty

The game's being played October 4th at Conway. It's a night game. First conference game of the year. This will be our annual "blackout" game (signature home contest of the season where Coach Bennett will have his boys wearing all black uniforms). The atmosphere at Brooks Stadium that night will be electric!

Our guys will be looking for revenge after last year's loss at Lynchburg. Whoever wins that game will have the upper-hand in the conference championship race. Should be a great game.

TbonZach
July 15th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Personally, the two biggest games for NDSU are:

Illinois State (my uncle is the Director of Bands there)
Southern Illinois (Lennon is coming back to Fargo)

For the team as a whole:

UNI
SDSU

Rabbit74
July 15th, 2008, 10:00 PM
For SDSU, it is the first and last game of the year, Iowa State and North Dakota State.

Thundering_Herd
July 15th, 2008, 10:22 PM
All of our playoff games! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx
Before that, UNI and SIU.

ALPHAGRIZ1
July 15th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Most of Montana's games are against DII schools then we get into the Big Sky conference schedule which is basically DII schools.

The Griz only have NO tough games.

crunifan
July 15th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Ignoring BYU....

SIU and North Dakota State

Henny
July 15th, 2008, 11:55 PM
@ JMU, @ UMASS

If we can steal one we may still have hope.

Hoyadestroya85
July 15th, 2008, 11:56 PM
How many of these threads do we need?
but UD and Ricmond

Tribe4SF
July 16th, 2008, 05:29 AM
For W&M....

In conference it would be the early matchups with Villanova and UNH. Must wins to have any playoff hope with UR, JMU and UD looming later on.

OOC the Norfolk State game will be huge.

houtexan
July 16th, 2008, 06:40 AM
walk-on practice...

waiting till 2010 sucks.

DTSpider
July 16th, 2008, 08:45 AM
For the fans - Elon (first game) & UVA (publicity in-state would be huge for the program)

For standings/playoff hopes - JMU & UD (gotta win at least one of these home games)

Ruler
July 16th, 2008, 08:58 AM
For my beloved Great Danes the two biggest in terms of competion is:

UMASS
Delaware
(not a slight of New Hampshire)

The two biggest in terms of NEC gmes:

Monmouth

WrenFGun
July 16th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Well, this can go two ways..

W&M and Northeastern, both of whom have defeated us unexpectedly recently, and are must haves for the playoffs.

But I'll go with UMass and Villanova, as they are the two best FCS teams on our schedule. Since we don't have to play UD, JMU or Richmond, here's hoping we can take care of business here. UMass has three devastating victories in a row over us.

SuperJon
July 16th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Coastal and Elon.

mn_bison
July 16th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Southern Illinois & Northern Iowa with Wyoming coming in a close third. Wins over the first two would mean more in the potential playoff picture than a win ove Wyoming...

Appaholic
July 16th, 2008, 10:55 AM
@ LSU
@ James Madison (pre-season biggest game of year; later conf game may be bigger depending standings)
@ Ga Southern
Wofford
Furman

Dukie95
July 16th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Wow..this is tough.

This may sound odd, but I'm going to say App St. and Maine.

We're blessed with a pretty good home schedule and all but one of our road games are a pretty easy drive from the majority of our fan base. Maine is that only one that is a gruelingly long trip against an opponenet we'll likely look past immediately following the App St. game - it's got TRAP written all over it.

UIWWildthing
July 16th, 2008, 11:28 AM
OOC Games, the season opener at Navy. It's Towson first ever game against a FBS opponent, and I'll be there for it.
In conference, good grief take your pick.

FCS_pwns_FBS
July 16th, 2008, 11:47 AM
1. UGA
2. Furman (so we don't go 1-4 against them since 2004)
3. App State (may be #1 coming into our house)
4. Chattanooga (payback)
5. Elon (payback)

UCABEARS75
July 16th, 2008, 03:00 PM
While it would be easy to say Tulsa was one of our two biggest games in reality I think our two biggest (need to win) games are:

(1) UAPB; first time we have played them in 4 or 5 years after we kicked their butts as a D-II and then they walked on the contract. As an in-state FCS opponent (only one in Arkansas) we need to win the game.

(2) McNeese; they are the big dogs in our new conference and if we are going to be contenders year-in and year-out we have to prove we can beat them.

ATrain
July 16th, 2008, 03:09 PM
For Liberty:
Coastal-that game will decide the conference champion.
Elon-biggest OOC game this year.

gobluehose1
July 16th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Wofford and App. State

We'll see how ready we are for D-I football

LUHawker
July 16th, 2008, 03:28 PM
For Lehigh:

@ Villanova on 9/13 - We'll find out if Lehigh is a contender or a pretender early on.
@ Lafayette 11/22 - 'nuf said

R.A.
July 16th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Hampton-- "Battle of the Real HU" (Our top rival.) Record: 38-45-1
Morgan State-- (Our second highest rival located only 40 Miles away in Baltimore. Also, the Bears are our homecoming opponent.) Record: 32-39-3

And as an added bonus:
Georgetown-- (The first football game between the Bison and the Hoyas...ever. It'll start on our campus, and next year it'll be 20 blocks away over at Georgetown's campus.)

slostang
July 16th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Most of Montana's games are against DII schools then we get into the Big Sky conference schedule which is basically DII schools.

The Griz only have NO tough games.

Cal Poly should be a cake walk.xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

I'll have to check with the AD to see when we moved back to DII. There sure are going to be a lot of p!ssed off alumni.

BTW, are you always such an @ss?

Bison101
July 17th, 2008, 01:09 PM
NDSU's most important game- @ UNI

Tod
July 17th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Cal Poly should be a cake walk.xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

I'll have to check with the AD to see when we moved back to DII. There sure are going to be a lot of p!ssed off alumni.

BTW, are you always such an @ss?

He seems to be.

Anyway, for Montana I'd have to say Cal-Poly and EWU (gotta give a little love to the Brawl as well).

:)

TheValleyRaider
July 17th, 2008, 07:22 PM
For Colgate

9/13-Furman (strong national program, SoCon visitor)
9/27-at Fordham (Preseason PL favorite)

I don't particularly like that these two, plus early season trips to Stony Brook and Coastal are in September. We could learn a lot about Colgate in September. If they get through this part of the schedule (plus a game vs. Dartmouth) with a winning record, look out FCS xnodx

Jacks02
July 18th, 2008, 10:58 AM
I'd have to say UNI and NDSU, although Iowa St. being our first FBS opponent since going DI, that game is right there too.

89Hen
July 18th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Wow, that's hard to limit it to 2 given the Hens tough slate this year. I guess I'd have to say @ JMU and @ Richmond. The Hens have had a lot of success at home under Keeler, but the road record isn't great. The Hens MUST hold serve on the 6 home games and win at least 2 road games. These are the final two road games of the year against pre-season Top 10 teams. xoopsx

phoenix3
July 18th, 2008, 12:11 PM
OOC - Richmond, should also be one of the more exciting matchups of the season as well.

SoCon - Pretty much all of them with App State at the top.

My personal biggest game is Georgia Southern. Most of their fans probably don't consider us a rival. I personally consider them a rival primarily because of the junk they talk.

eagle1
July 18th, 2008, 12:16 PM
FBS - Colorado (better chance at an upset)

Big Sky - Montana (always a big game) also Montana State in Bozeman

Go Eagles!!!

nick9c
July 18th, 2008, 01:29 PM
FBS: VA Tech (we'll need some prayers answered)

SOCON: App State

OOC FCS: Delaware

JMU2K_DukeDawg
July 18th, 2008, 04:50 PM
For the fans - Elon (first game) & UVA (publicity in-state would be huge for the program)

For standings/playoff hopes - JMU & UD (gotta win at least one of these home games)

Likewise, for JMU:

Fans: Duke and App St.

Standings: UMass, Delaware (both at home, or I would have said Richmond)

Basically, EVERY GAME!!!!!!! xthumbsupx

SeattleGriz
July 18th, 2008, 05:47 PM
He seems to be.

Anyway, for Montana I'd have to say Cal-Poly and EWU (gotta give a little love to the Brawl as well).

:)

I second those thoughts. Both are away games as well.

WileECoyote06
July 18th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Rivalry: A & T/WSSU
To measure our progress: Cal Poly, James Madison

slostang
July 18th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Rivalry: A & T/WSSU
To measure our progress: Cal Poly, James Madison

WileECoyote06, are you going to make it out for the game? If so we will have to talk football over a couple of cold ones before the game.

ysubigred
July 18th, 2008, 09:24 PM
For $$ The O$U

AND for the love of GOD we need to beat the PURPLE PECKER EATERS UNI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xthumbsupx

Frosty The Snowbuff
July 18th, 2008, 10:52 PM
<b>CSU (Colorado State that is)</b> and ucd

I'm a fan of your team for this game......

WileECoyote06
July 19th, 2008, 07:44 PM
WileECoyote06, are you going to make it out for the game? If so we will have to talk football over a couple of cold ones before the game.

I'd love to say I'm that diehard of a football fan, but I simply cannot afford to travel to California right after homecoming (11-1-08). Maybe they'll do a raffle or something.

rudy1648
July 19th, 2008, 09:38 PM

LSU and JMU

Agree on JMU,,,but think bigger game will be Elon. They have improved tremendously. JMU will affect us nationally, and Elon conference wise. As for LSU,,,if we win will be more astounding that Michigan. If we lose, would be expected. We just need to play well and not get anyone hurt for JMU game. Similar situitation to couple years ago when we played NC State. If we lose, no big deal. Would not affect us at end of year for playoffs. But,,next game was home against,,you guessed it,,JMU. Trey is injured, and in comes AE. The rest is history.