PDA

View Full Version : Sam Houston State Bearkats - Starting A New Tradition

TXSUBobcat
July 15th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Funds have finally been raised for a new banner, check it out:

http://www.katfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8290

TexasTerror
July 15th, 2008, 05:49 PM
KatFans.com is trying to add to the game day experience...

We have a few former cheerleaders and/or mascots amongst the KatFans.com faithful and this is one of their personal projects to start this new tradition...

KatFans.com last year bought an inflatable helmet and tunnel for the team to burst out of...were involved in the fundraising for the Battle of the Piney Woods trophy...and have some other things in the works...

BEAR
July 15th, 2008, 05:55 PM
I've got one....why don't they bring out a large wooden scaffolding with a hangmans noose on it and have the number 70 hanging from it...?xeyebrowx The crowd could then chant, "HANG 70!" repetitiously until the opposing team becomes nervous enough to run screaming out of the stadium with their tails between their legs...what no?...why not?... it's as effective as the loud music they play trying to disturb and intimidate the opposing team while they're in their locker room.....

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

....sounds like a high school stunt to me... :)

TexasTerror
July 15th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Surprised any school can hear the music in their locker room...considering our awful sound system, which is the next thing to get the upgrade.

The sound is coming from the field house, which is where the locker rooms are, if I am not mistaken. Pat could provide better feedback on that...

BEAR
July 15th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Surprised any school can hear the music in their locker room...considering our awful sound system, which is the next thing to get the upgrade.

The sound is coming from the field house, which is where the locker rooms are, if I am not mistaken. Pat could provide better feedback on that...

The players noticed it and were basically laughing the whole time. It seemed kinda of "planted" to them and thus funny. But hey, if it works on another team, then do it! xthumbsupx

patssle
July 15th, 2008, 06:04 PM
The players noticed it and were basically laughing the whole time. It seemed kinda of "planted" to them and thus funny. But hey, if it works on another team, then do it! xthumbsupx

Its not for the other team, its so the stadium has some music going! The speakers are pretty much right next to the home/away locker rooms.

considering our awful sound system, which is the next thing to get the upgrade.

Actually the new system is already in. They had it going for the Spring game. It sounds a LOT better.

BEAR
July 15th, 2008, 06:10 PM
You got new sound! Phenomenal! Estes stadium sound sucks! Once someone hits the "loud" button xeyebrowx all you can hear is "crackle crackle crackle" and the cheerleaders and dance team all do a different dance to the same music...funny reallyxlolx

BEAR
July 15th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Hey Pat,

How does the Sam Houston sound crew help the crowd with the sound lag? I mean if you're in the upper deck of Estes and the music is playing then the girls are dancing after the music hits the ears of the crowd so it looks a little weird. The sound is up on high poles so I guess they hear down on the field it after we do in the stands. xreadx xlolx

patssle
July 15th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Hey Pat,

How does the Sam Houston sound crew help the crowd with the sound lag? I mean if you're in the upper deck of Estes and the music is playing then the girls are dancing after the music hits the ears of the crowd so it looks a little weird. The sound is up on high poles so I guess they hear down on the field it after we do in the stands. xreadx xlolx

We set our soundsystem to be coordinated so the 50 yard line of the stadium is in sync with the videos. Other than that, not much else you can do unless you have a surround sound system. Law of sound physics.

BEAR
July 15th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Figured as much..but I guess crackle crackle would sound the same in surround sound just more vibrant and crackly..xlolx

TXSUBobcat
July 15th, 2008, 07:49 PM
This is my favorite part, the punch line of the joke:

"Ok we have 80 bucks to get this thing going. Athletics is waiting for the money to come in so they can pick up the banner. Thank you gokats85 for the donation and hope we can get some more."

TexasTerror
July 15th, 2008, 10:12 PM
I'm confused...what's the joke?

Not everyone has taken to this guy's project and he got $80 for his project. Good for him! We've donated far more in the past -- see the inflated helmet/tunnel.

And this is a desire -- not a need, as your shoulder pads apparently were, according to one poster on your board. Not sure what kind of smack you are trying to find here...?

TXSUBobcat
July 16th, 2008, 08:12 AM
I'm confused...what's the joke?

The whole thread

Not sure what kind of smack you are trying to find here...?

It's just some good natured ribbing. Don't take things too seriously.

patssle
July 16th, 2008, 08:24 AM
This is my favorite part, the punch line of the joke:

"Ok we have 80 bucks to get this thing going. Athletics is waiting for the money to come in so they can pick up the banner. Thank you gokats85 for the donation and hope we can get some more."

At least our athletic department accepts our money! xlolx

TexasTerror
July 16th, 2008, 08:32 AM
At least our athletic department accepts our money! xlolx

Well, we have plenty of open communication with individuals in the departments. I really believe that despite the Bobcat faithful's claim that it was all laid out on their message board, that the 'powers that be' do not read each individual post and it was not properly told to them...