PDA

View Full Version : Southern can't avoid a Thursday night game......

813Jag
July 13th, 2008, 06:47 PM
My worse thought appears to be on the horizon. Southern will be playing a Thursday Night (http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/southern/24805629.html)game thanks to the ESPN/SWAC TV deal.

hebmskebm
July 13th, 2008, 06:56 PM
I know Thursday night games are a headache (though as a fan it's always great to watch football during the week), but some of those quotes are over-the-top ridiculous. You'd think he was talking about getting the school ready to host the Olympics or something...

PantherRob82
July 13th, 2008, 06:56 PM
bummer. :(

813Jag
July 13th, 2008, 06:59 PM
I know Thursday night games are a headache (though as a fan it's always great to watch football during the week), but some of those quotes are over-the-top ridiculous. You'd think he was talking about getting the school ready to host the Olympics or something...
I agree, it's not that serious, but I feel this way, it we're going to be presented on TV we should put our best foot forward. I think the opponent will determine the turnout.

TexasTerror
July 13th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Does ESPN pay the schools to move their game to Thursday (or whatever night) when it's not on Saturday? I know that is done for FBS conferences, but wondering if it were the same for the SWAC, the lone FCS conference to have a football deal with the network...

BgJag
July 14th, 2008, 08:14 AM

the tailgate area is a major parking lot for students doing the week and most tailgaters and the RV's arrive on the day proir to a game. They will need a major staging area or alternate parking that day.

813Jag
July 14th, 2008, 08:21 AM
the tailgate area is a major parking lot for students doing the week and most tailgaters and the RV's arrive on the day proir to a game. They will need a major staging area or alternate parking that day.
Parking will be an issue. I'm just interested to see who the Jags will face.

813Jag
July 14th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Does ESPN pay the schools to move their game to Thursday (or whatever night) when it's not on Saturday? I know that is done for FBS conferences, but wondering if it were the same for the SWAC, the lone FCS conference to have a football deal with the network...
I'm not sure if there is a payout. But the original agreement was for Thursday night games.

3rd Coast Tiger
July 14th, 2008, 09:25 AM
I'm not sure if there is a payout.

Hey 813Jag, check your PM.

jstate83
July 14th, 2008, 10:01 AM
I'm glad we out the rotation for a couple of year's.
Nothing worse than a Thursday night game in Jackson.

I wish I had the last vote on JSU playing Thursday night.xlolx
I would ban it. xlolx

813Jag
July 14th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Hey 813Jag, check your PM.
Got it.