some are a bit fuzzy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28545771@N07/

Great pics, Tarmac

ericsaid
July 13th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Got pictures on a good day.

Erks Eagles
July 13th, 2008, 11:47 AM
The stadium is coming along nicely. Looks great!

AppStFan76
July 13th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Thanks, great pics!!!

Appguy
July 13th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Sweet, I appreciate the intense trespassing for the best angles!

MplsBison
July 13th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Are the new stands on the east side going to be full rectangles?

It looks like they are leaving out notches in the corners for some reason?

Is money seriously that tight that they can't build full rectangles?

slostang
July 13th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Looks great. Congrats.

Eight Legger
July 13th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Does App have its own board? Just asking.

proasu89
July 13th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Does App have its own board? Just asking.

Yes. Just answering.

Syntax Error
July 13th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Does App have its own board? Just asking.yes, http://www.appcountry.com/

ericsaid
July 13th, 2008, 02:23 PM

Thye are leaving them cut down in the corners. There will be probably a game where attendance approaches 30,000 this year opposed to NDSU precious potential 19,000.xwhistlex

Syntax Error
July 13th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Thye are leaving them cut down in the corners. There will be probably a game where attendance approaches 30,000 this year opposed to NDSU precious potential 19,000.xwhistlexsmack ---------------->

ericsaid
July 13th, 2008, 02:51 PM

smack---->

TheBisonator
July 13th, 2008, 03:08 PM

Oh for chistsakes Mpls, why the hell does it freakin' matter??? Nobody f**cking cares!!! Now go take your Thorizine.

Skjellyfetti
July 13th, 2008, 03:09 PM
yes, http://www.appcountry.com/

http://forums.delphiforums.com/appstate/start

OldFootballGuy
July 13th, 2008, 04:31 PM
yes, http://www.appcountry.com/

That one doesn't seem to have much activity. The ASU folks I know use this one:

Skjellyfetti
July 13th, 2008, 04:37 PM

My post saying that got deleted. xrolleyesx xconfusedx

MplsBison
July 13th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Thye are leaving them cut down in the corners.

Why on earth would ASU even consider doing that?

You're there building it now. It's not going to get any cheaper.

onbison09
July 13th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Why on earth would ASU even consider doing that?

You're there building it now. It's not going to get any cheaper.

The Bison have areas in the corners for standing room only also they might want to expand more some day.

ericsaid
July 13th, 2008, 05:20 PM
The Bison have areas in the corners for standing room only also they might want to expand more some day.

They have them for better viewing and to give it a rounded look IMO. Looks neat. The standing room with be on the grass and walk way under the scoreboard which is also being put in sometime in August.

Correct me if im wrong but this videoboard, I thought I heard on pigskin prelude before the UR game, is supposed to be 140% larger than the existing one.?

Syntax Error
July 13th, 2008, 05:24 PM
That one doesn't seem to have much activity. The ASU folks I know use this one:Generally recognized as the most unfriendly board of all. Go there for the azzhole of FCS... the good people there post here to get away from that cesspoll. Unfortunately the jerks from there do too............

BeauFoster
July 13th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Generally recognized as the most unfriendly board of all. Go there for the azzhole of FCS... the good people there post here to get away from that cesspoll. Unfortunately the jerks from there do too............

SMACK-------------->

xnonox

Saint3333
July 13th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Generally recognized as the most unfriendly board of all. Go there for the azzhole of FCS... the good people there post here to get away from that cesspoll. Unfortunately the jerks from there do too............

Someones bitter.

The delphi board is the best place for ASU information. The moderator wouldn't put up with comments like the "a-hole of the FCS", so I guess everyone can draw their own conclusions...

MplsBison
July 13th, 2008, 08:47 PM

But it's so pithy.

It's like building a new car but leaving off the hub caps. Wouldn't you rather just put in a few more bucks and make it look nice?

You can't honestly be saving that much money by not building out the full rectangle.

It just looks so cheap.

ericsaid
July 13th, 2008, 09:09 PM
But it's so pithy.

It's like building a new car but leaving off the hub caps. Wouldn't you rather just put in a few more bucks and make it look nice?

You can't honestly be saving that much money by not building out the full rectangle.

It just looks so cheap.

Because App's stadium will be able to hold 30k+ and NDSU will be limited to 19,000. tisk tisk.

IMO it looks better with the corners cut down, wanted a rounded effect and if you wanted my guess for viewing purposes.

thmst30
July 13th, 2008, 09:41 PM
They have them for better viewing and to give it a rounded look IMO. Looks neat. The standing room with be on the grass and walk way under the scoreboard which is also being put in sometime in August.

Correct me if im wrong but this videoboard, I thought I heard on pigskin prelude before the UR game, is supposed to be 140% larger than the existing one.?
So has it actually been CONFIRMED that we are getting a new video board? I just ask, because this is the only place I've ever seen it mentioned, I've yet to hear or see anything official from ASU. Also, IF its true, does anyone know where the old one is going? No reason not to use it on the other end of the field, or somewhere else on campus.

ASUMountaineer
July 13th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Sweet, I appreciate the intense trespassing for the best angles!

Ahh, Palma, I was there Friday and walked right on in, the gates were open for a camp. The field used to be open when I was up there for school. We used to play pickup football games on the field, especially when it snowed because the AstroTurf was still down and slick as crap. xthumbsupx

ASUMountaineer
July 13th, 2008, 09:45 PM
So has it actually been CONFIRMED that we are getting a new video board? I just ask, because this is the only place I've ever seen it mentioned, I've yet to hear or see anything official from ASU. Also, IF its true, does anyone know where the old one is going? No reason not to use it on the other end of the field, or somewhere else on campus.

Go to appcountry.com, it's being discussed there. It is technically state property, so I'm not sure. It could be used at another ASU field for another sport, it could be sold as a surplus by the state, or we could possibly donate it to a HS, like Watauga High.

Appguy
July 13th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Im not a fan of the cut down corners, It could either be a structural thing or the foundations were getting to close to the road I suppose.

ASU
July 13th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Im not a fan of the cut down corners, It could either be a structural thing or the foundations were getting to close to the road I suppose.

I was told months ago that the notches in the upper outside sections of the 2nd level deck is being left that way for the supports and or stairs of the 3d level deck when they start on it. Not sure that is true, but it makes sense.

thmst30
July 13th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Go to appcountry.com, it's being discussed there. It is technically state property, so I'm not sure. It could be used at another ASU field for another sport, it could be sold as a surplus by the state, or we could possibly donate it to a HS, like Watauga High.
Thanks.

DLS
July 13th, 2008, 11:01 PM

yea they call you out over there repeatedly for being a doosh.

but i dont see people posting negative comments about anyone else too often. atleast not in the off season.

KiddBrewer
July 14th, 2008, 01:06 AM

the majority of the ones i see go to www.anygivensaturday.com

uofmman1122
July 14th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Looks like it's going to be a great expansion.

I'm gonna make it a goal of mine to see a game at Kidd Brewer. Preferably not against the Griz, as I'm looking for an excuse to actually cheer for the Mountaineers. xlolx However, I doubt it will happen any time soon, unless the Griz travel there in the playoffs.

MplsBison
July 14th, 2008, 06:26 AM
I was told months ago that the notches in the upper outside sections of the 2nd level deck is being left that way for the supports and or stairs of the 3d level deck when they start on it. Not sure that is true, but it makes sense.

Third deck?

Come on. Are you expanding to 60k?

UDBlueLotFan
July 14th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Third deck?

...No, the county ordinace only allows for gatherings of 30k drunk hillbillies at state sponsored events xsmiley_wix .....no smack intended xnonox

DLS
July 14th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Third deck?

dont mock my dreams sir.

AppStFan76
July 14th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Third deck?

It's alot cheaper to plan for the possible expansion, than it is to retrofit without planning.

gophoenix
July 14th, 2008, 09:41 AM

Or it could go to one of the other UNC schools with football.

MountainMan
July 14th, 2008, 09:48 AM

I think it has more to do with the limited amount of space on the bank end of the new deck. There is an acces road coming down by there plus there will be an elevator/stairwell to get people to a new gate on top of that hill. It might also have something to do with the ramps/stairs to get people up to the second level. If there is going to be a short section on one end I'd imagine they would want the other to look the same.

SoCon48
July 14th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Or it could go to one of the other UNC schools with football.

If they want it and win the bid should we decare it surplus. Most have their own of the type, now, and WCU probably wouldn't allow it anyway. lol

SoCon48
July 14th, 2008, 11:48 AM
...No, the county ordinace only allows for gatherings of 30k drunk hillbillies at state sponsored events xsmiley_wix .....no smack intended xnonox

Yeah, we realize it wasn't intended as smack any more than your similar reference in another thread: "That must be good white lightening ...either that or crack has finally reached the mean streets of Greater-Boone" because there obviously is no room for smack after last December's drubbing at the hands of the Apps. xcoffeex

UDBlueLotFan
July 15th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Yeah, we realize it wasn't intended as smack any more than your similar reference in another thread: "That must be good white lightening ...either that or crack has finally reached the mean streets of Greater-Boone" because there obviously is no room for smack after last December's drubbing at the hands of the Apps. xcoffeex

Lighten up Francis. You have to be able to laugh at yourself,...yes, like I was laughing at our performance last Dec. after the drubbing in Choo-Choo.

tarmac
July 15th, 2008, 06:27 PM
ast AD says new scoreboard will be on site in about 2 weeks

appmaj
July 17th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Is this thing going to be ready in time for the first home game?
As someone who works for a construction company it sure doesn't look like it.

biggie
July 17th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Is this thing going to be ready in time for the first home game?
As someone who works for a construction company it sure doesn't look like it.
Yes it is. They have already sold season tickets in those sections (mine for instance in 214).

GtFllsGriz
July 17th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Looks great! Congratulations!

APPStrongNC
July 17th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Yes it is. They have already sold season tickets in those sections (mine for instance in 214).

It better be, as I got 3 seats in Section 216 row D, 3,4,5...

The east stand look freaking huge.

GaSouthern
July 17th, 2008, 07:16 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28545771@N07/2664356866/

That single picture, with the foremost pillar makes me realize just how HUGE the pressbox is going to be! xeekx

xthumbsupx