PDA

View Full Version : Least Represented Team on AGS

hebmskebm
July 13th, 2008, 12:57 AM
I tried to include as many conferences as possible; feel free to write in a candidate of your choice as well.

SeattleGriz
July 13th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Had to vote S Utah, especially since they played that BRUTAL schedule last year. They seemed to play every team that does have representation on this board.

mvemjsunpx
July 13th, 2008, 03:10 AM
I voted Morgan State. I don't remember seeing any of their fans on this board.

They do have the coolest looking athletics website, though…

http://www.morganstatebears.com/

813Jag
July 13th, 2008, 06:45 AM
I voted MVSU, there's only a handful of Valley fans that even post on the SWACpage.

Ivytalk
July 13th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Let's hear it for Columbia! Hello? Hello?xwhistlex

BisonBacker
July 13th, 2008, 07:13 AM
That really is a tossup. Everyone of those schools on there is a good choice. I think I've seen one SUU fan on this site. Kind of like an endangered species.

BisonBacker
July 13th, 2008, 07:19 AM
That really is a tossup. Everyone of those schools on there is a good choice. I think I've seen one SUU fan on this site. Kind of like an endangered species.

TexasTerror
July 13th, 2008, 08:09 AM
SFA has a fan or two on this site. They'll make an appearance during football season -- and throw some anti-SHSU crap around when given a chance the remainder of the year...

ASUMountaineer
July 13th, 2008, 08:18 AM
I probably let my bias affect my decision, but that's ok. I voted for Davidson, I mean, they don't have a marching band and their pep band for basketball games is comprised partially of local high school students.

At the home games, the band is present at least 45 minutes before tip-off, and stays past the end, playing the crowd out. About half of its members are college students, with the other half consisting of students and music directors from Mooresville High School.

http://www.thedavidsonian.com/home/index.cfm?event=displayArticlePrinterFriendly&uStory_id=9c9fae13-9454-4b3c-9201-23c0a5545d30

dgreco
July 13th, 2008, 08:24 AM
I have never ever seen a Savannah St. fan post on here.

813Jag
July 13th, 2008, 08:31 AM
I haven't seen one in person. xlolx

WCU LawCat
July 13th, 2008, 08:48 AM
I've seen a SSU fan but I have never seen (that I remember) a Sacred Heart Fan.

UTC shouldn't be on the list I've seen two that post from time to time.

Golden Eagle
July 13th, 2008, 09:15 AM
I've seen fans of all these schools post except Sacred Heart.

Touchdown Yosef
July 13th, 2008, 10:08 AM
I agree that I have never seen posters from a few of those schools listed but it always surprises me at the lack of Mocks fans on here considering how many representatives the Socon has on this board for every team. They are no worse off than Western but Western is always well represented and always around.

GeauxLions94
July 13th, 2008, 10:48 AM
I voted MVSU, there's only a handful of Valley fans that even post on the SWACpage.

I voted Savannah State, though I don't think the internet has made it to Itta Bena yet. ;)

WileECoyote06
July 13th, 2008, 11:25 AM
I voted Savannah State, though I don't think the internet has made it to Itta Bena yet. ;)

:D

downbythebeach
July 13th, 2008, 11:26 AM
One of the posters on this board is I believe a columnist who write about Sacred Heart U. Prob not a fan though

Some NEC fans post on other boards but not here
xnonono2x

dystopiamembrane
July 13th, 2008, 11:33 AM
I voted for Davidson, I mean, they don't have a marching band and their pep band for basketball games is comprised partially of local high school students.
Portland State has no marching band.
They rent space in a city-owned stadium to play football.
They also have no pep band during basketball games.
They pipe in classic rock during stoppages.
Their gym is probably smaller than the one in your middle school.

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper941/thumbs/t_w230mo5i.jpg
2007-08 Big Sky Men's Basketball Coach of the Year

813Jag
July 13th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Since I've been there many times, I would have to agree. xlolx Usually they don't have much to say during football season. xlolx

hebmskebm
July 13th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Let's hear it for Columbia! Hello? Hello?xwhistlex

I was going to include Columbia, but Princeton's just as lacking with supporters here, and that is suprising considering they're well, Princeton. What's up with them?

ButlerGSU
July 13th, 2008, 12:30 PM

Neither have I.

Syntax Error
July 13th, 2008, 01:18 PM
I think every school has had a fan here at one time or another. It's like a rite of passage. "you know you are a true fan when you post about your school's team on AGS."

Eight Legger
July 13th, 2008, 01:33 PM
What is Sacred Heart? I don't think it's even fair to include them on this list.

Mountain Panther
July 13th, 2008, 01:40 PM
YSU fans have all but abandoned this site.

dakotadan
July 13th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I believe that I have seen 2 seperate Southern Utah fans post here over the last year. I wish more show up.

Syntax Error
July 13th, 2008, 02:11 PM
What is Sacred Heart? I don't think it's even fair to include them on this list.Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo. xsmhx

"The Sports Network Cup 2001, Sacred Heart University

-- Sacred Heart won the inaugural Sports Network Cup after compiling a perfect 11-0 record, including an 8-0 mark in the Northeast Conference and a victory over Duquesne in the ECAC Bowl. Jim Fleming's team won each of its games by double figures, ranking second in the nation with 41.9 points per contest. Quarterback Justin Holtfreter (2581 passing yards, 26 TD, 9 INT), tailback Marvin Royal (1043 rushing yards, 16 TD), and wideout DeVeren Johnson (1157 receiving yards, 13 TD) were among the offensive standouts, while linebacker Kayode Mayowa (93 tackles, 4 sacks, 3 INT) flourished on defense. Johnson was selected in the 6th round of the 2002 NFL draft by the Dallas Cowboys. Fleming departed after '01 to become an assistant at North Carolina."

and they did not whine about not making the playoffs or getting an autobid

I remember buying Fleming a drink that night in the Choo-Choo

ASUMountaineer
July 13th, 2008, 04:10 PM

Yeah, but but you guys post. I have to get a jab in at Davidson, they are a wealthy, private school (the Duke of the SoCon) and they kick our butts in basketball almost every year :)

crunifan
July 13th, 2008, 05:12 PM
What about Indiana State? I'm not sure if I have ever seen one on here...

Syntax Error
July 13th, 2008, 05:15 PM
What about Indiana State? I'm not sure if I have ever seen one on here...Sycamore51

Ivytalk
July 13th, 2008, 05:16 PM
I was going to include Columbia, but Princeton's just as lacking with supporters here, and that is suprising considering they're well, Princeton. What's up with them?

They probably think they're too good for us, the low-down tea-sippin', Social-Register-climbin', Izod-wearin', preppie bastages!:p

Syntax Error
July 13th, 2008, 05:21 PM
They probably think they're too good for us, the low-down tea-sippin', Social-Register-climbin', Izod-wearin', preppie bastages!I think they were talking about Princeton fans, not Harvard. :p Oops, this is the Discussion board........ probably just haven't found time in their busy day yet.

RabidRabbit
July 13th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Definitely not Choo-Choos or T-birds, there are posters here.

Voted MVSU, but Savanna St. and Sacred Heart also seemed as likely choices.

mvemjsunpx
July 13th, 2008, 05:31 PM

And yet, sadly, it isn't the smallest one in the Big Sky…

Hornet Gym:

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/st3r9am1ot2tx2d9bq.jpg

dgreco
July 13th, 2008, 05:57 PM
lets have a least represented elimination thread!!!

blackfordpu
July 13th, 2008, 06:00 PM
I voted SFA.

I Bleed Purple
July 13th, 2008, 06:04 PM

Hornet Gym:

And I thought the Dee Events Center was small. xrotatehx

http://community.weber.edu/deeeventscenter/facilityinformation/basketball-court-1.jpg

I guess my presence helps keep Weber off the list. I've only noticed I believe two other WSU posters around, and that's just during football season occasionally.

Go...gate
July 13th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Princeton. I have stepped in to represent them because they are my second favorite team for nearly 50 years and I have been a season ticket holder since the 1960's. But I wish we had a bona fide Princeton alumni fan/poster.

Hoseinexile07
July 13th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I think I'm the lone poster of the Blue Hose persuasion...

Seawolf97
July 13th, 2008, 08:23 PM
I've seen fans of all these schools post except Sacred Heart.

I gave them my also-maybe this season we will here from them;)

MR. CHICKEN
July 13th, 2008, 08:38 PM
I voted SFA.

GUILTY!...............ME TOO..............BRAWK/OBAMA!!

ASUMountaineer
July 13th, 2008, 08:51 PM
And I thought the Dee Events Center was small. xrotatehx

http://community.weber.edu/deeeventscenter/facilityinformation/basketball-court-1.jpg

I guess my presence helps keep Weber off the list. I've only noticed I believe two other WSU posters around, and that's just during football season occasionally.

That's a nice looking stadium, I like that the seats go around in a kind of circle. How many does it seat?

g-webb1994
July 13th, 2008, 10:15 PM
I think I'm the lone poster of the Blue Hose persuasion...

Blue Hose fans are predestined not to post here.xlolx

I Bleed Purple
July 13th, 2008, 10:48 PM
That's a nice looking stadium, I like that the seats go around in a kind of circle. How many does it seat?
My gut reaction was 10-12 thousand. Wikipedia says 12000, so around there.

andy7171
July 14th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Good thing I hang out here, my Tigers would be running away with this one.

813Jag
July 14th, 2008, 07:37 AM

Hornet Gym:

Neither one of these hold a candle to that hotbox in Itta Bena. It's like a high school gym with the fans right on the court.

ASUMountaineer
July 14th, 2008, 08:51 AM
My gut reaction was 10-12 thousand. Wikipedia says 12000, so around there.

Cool, that's bigger than were the Apps play bball. Holmes Convocation Center, capacity 8325.

Larryl9797
July 14th, 2008, 10:36 AM
My vote is for Sacred Heart.... Private school with nice facilities, they had real success early on, and then... Nada... Zip... No following....

Larryl9797
July 14th, 2008, 12:48 PM
One of the posters on this board is I believe a columnist who write about Sacred Heart U. Prob not a fan though

Some NEC fans post on other boards but not here
xnonono2x
One does ( maybe two ) ;)

OSRacer
July 14th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Us Racer followers are few and far between, but we do make an appearance from time to time...

AlphaSigMD
July 14th, 2008, 06:10 PM
I probably let my bias affect my decision, but that's ok. I voted for Davidson, I mean, they don't have a marching band and their pep band for basketball games is comprised partially of local high school students.

http://www.thedavidsonian.com/home/index.cfm?event=displayArticlePrinterFriendly&uStory_id=9c9fae13-9454-4b3c-9201-23c0a5545d30

Just so you know, I went to Mooresville High and was in the DC pep band. It was sweet. Missed 3 days in class years to go to the SoCon tournament, and 2 more + free front row tickets to the NCAA's sophmore and senior year.

They even gave us 35 bucks a day for meals. I wonder what they gave the players?

brownbear
July 14th, 2008, 06:27 PM
I've seen several Dartmouth fans on here (there was a thread about whether Dartmouth was a university, and a couple DC fans chimed in).

I've never seen anyone from Princeton or Penn

I've seen one person who was a Columbia fan (or at least he had a Columbia avatar)

I've seen a few Cornell people, such as otto4pres

I haven't seen any other Brown people on here besides myself

Harvard and Yale have about 4 or 5 posters each.

ASUMountaineer
July 14th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Just so you know, I went to Mooresville High and was in the DC pep band. It was sweet. Missed 3 days in class years to go to the SoCon tournament, and 2 more + free front row tickets to the NCAA's sophmore and senior year.

They even gave us 35 bucks a day for meals. I wonder what they gave the players?

That's a good point Britt. Easy way for you to make some cash. Imagine if you had been in the BOD the past few years. You would have had slightly better seats to the Michigan game than we did. xthumbsupx

I just enjoy getting a jab in on DC.

Hoyadestroya85
July 14th, 2008, 08:26 PM
For our success, Villanova has a very low representation on here

g-webb1994
July 15th, 2008, 06:55 PM
I wonder why VMI doesn't have a stronger presence here, especially with Citadel having such a strong one.

UIWWildthing
July 16th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Good thing I hang out here, my Tigers would be running away with this one.

Make that two Towson fans here (long time reader, first time poster)

SoCon48
July 16th, 2008, 11:27 AM

I really wish you had not brought up basketball. A 1,500 student school almost triples our 16,000 student school (ASU) in basketball attendance. Depressing.

If they had a marching band like ours, it would make up 1/5 to 1/4 of their student body.xeyebrowx Proportionately, our band would have 4,000members.:D

dbackjon
July 16th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Make that two Towson fans here (long time reader, first time poster)

Welcome!!

But why UIW??

skinny_uncle
July 16th, 2008, 05:05 PM
What about Indiana State? I'm not sure if I have ever seen one on here...
How many fans could they have?
xconfusedx

UIWWildthing
July 17th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Welcome!!

But why UIW??

Been using it for years, it's a long running inside joke with my friends that's morphed it's way onto the internet

GSUhooligan
July 17th, 2008, 09:07 AM
I wonder why VMI doesn't have a stronger presence here, especially with Citadel having such a strong one.

Citadel only has 2 or 3 fans on here, they're just really active (or annoying, whichever you prefer).

Texcat34
August 6th, 2008, 05:27 PM
ASU Mountaineer,

I posted this forum on the football section of our message board (www.davidsoncats.com), that should drum up some posts on here from our site's frequent contributors. None of us knew about this glorious site until I stumbled upon it. And yes, we do enjoy annihilating the SoCon in basketball and are well aware that everyone hates us. But please don't compare us to f-ing Duke, that really hurts my feelings. Maybe someday we'll get our ***** together and get back into the SoCon for football...but the Pioneer is a better fit for us now...besides, we'd rather fly to San Diego to play USD than go to Cullowhee to see all the mullets at Western.

furman94
August 6th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Wow... good smack for a newbee! If only ya'll matured enough to play football with the rest of us....

Husky Alum
August 7th, 2008, 09:18 AM
There aren't many NU fans on here.

There's myself and Wiz, and I think the Tilldog's posted a few times.

We have a fan website (www.dieharddogs.com) that's a pay site that many of us post on, and we have the CAAZone and some of us still post on the America East website since that's where our roots are.

Most of the NU athletic fans post on USCHO (college hockey), because that's the one sport NU fans actually give a rats arse about.

As an aside, anyone hear from Mainejeff lately? I haven't heard from him in a while. He hasn't taken a potshot at Northeastern in what seems like months.

The Cats
August 7th, 2008, 10:41 AM
...besides, we'd rather fly to San Diego to play USD than go to Cullowhee to see all the mullets at Western.

xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

fly to san diego and get your a$$ kicked or come to Cullowhee and get your a$$ kicked - hard decision, but guess your crowd does fit in much better with california misfits

DetroitFlyer
August 7th, 2008, 11:31 AM
xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

fly to san diego and get your a$$ kicked or come to Cullowhee and get your a$$ kicked - hard decision, but guess your crowd does fit in much better with california misfits

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/scores107/107307/NCAAF765053.htm

Actually, San Diego was very lucky to have beaten Davidson last season!

Ryan Alexander 35/54 404 6 TD's 0 Ints.

Ryan had a career day against the Torreros and the Cats came very close to a huge win!

Texcat34
August 7th, 2008, 05:40 PM
During my senior season in 2000 we beat San Diego 27-13 AT San Diego en route to our 10-0 season...but that was before their QB Josh "I don't fight pit bulls like Vick" Johnson showed up on San Diego's campus. I'm sure our stellar pass defense would have suffered mightily had that been the case. Thus, during my time there we were 2-0 against Georgetown (and started developing a rivalry out of nowhere vs. them...this may be exacerbated by our upset of their basketball team during the NCAA tourney as well..sorry fellas) and 1-0 against USD. Not so much since. Unfortunately, we were a conditional member of the Pioneer League in the 2000 season (we officially joined in 2001 after graduating 27 seniors from the 2000 squad) and didn't get to advance to the championship game vs. a very strong Dayton team.

And yes, I thought we were going to pull the upset this past season vs. USD, we are lucky the school let Alexander take a 5th year due to injury (which they never allow at Davidson). He is a solid QB and we should contend this year, we shall see, like everyone else we need to stay healthy.

The Cats, I kid I kid, as I've said, we are evidently playing the Citadel and Elon non-conference over the next two season. Our tailback at Davidson my senior year was from Cullowhee and is currently in grad school there...it is a great place. Perhaps someday we will get a Catamount vs. Wildcats 'The Pussycat Bowl?" game on the schedule and we can chug some moonshine together while wearing jean shorts.

elcid96
August 7th, 2008, 05:45 PM

Would you admit to being a Savannah St fan?