PDA

View Full Version : Jackson State QB race start's with "Man Step"

jstate83
July 11th, 2008, 09:30 AM
And a little home sickness. xlolx

The kid is ok now.
Campus is beginning to come alive and the Fall atmosphere is setting in.xthumbsupx

Calvin Britt

Highly touted QB recruit Calvin Britt ready for fall challenge (http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080711/SPORTS030101/807110337/1073)

Calvin Britt calls it the "man-step."

It's the moment a teenager makes a life-changing decision based on his own belief in what's best for himself. It's that first time he steps out of the comfort zone provided by parents or friends and accepts the risks and rewards of making an adult decision all on his own.

"We all have got to take that man-step," Calvin said.

Junior Tray Rutland, coming off shoulder surgery, is considered the leader to replace departed Jimmy Oliver as the starting QB. But senior Joe Hawkins, transfer A.J. McKenna and freshman Dedric McDonald are all in the mix - along with Britt.

To many, Britt is the most intriguing candidate.

Syntax Error
July 11th, 2008, 09:39 AM
I'll be there at the challenge game........... http://www.meacswacchallenge.com/ ............ the road tour resumes

R.A.
July 11th, 2008, 01:29 PM
After this game, it'll be...

3 for the MEAC
1 for the SWAC

... in the MEAC/ SWAC Challenge.

jstate83
July 11th, 2008, 04:10 PM
After this game, it'll be...

3 for the MEAC
1 for the SWAC

... in the MEAC/ SWAC Challenge.

No happening.
Better revise your number's. xlolx

813Jag
July 12th, 2008, 07:14 AM
No happening.
Better revise your number's. xlolx
I'm pulling for JSU. xeekx If I'm not in Gainesville (:pumpuke:), I'll be in Orlando.

blackcaesar3k5
July 13th, 2008, 06:52 PM
my money is on Jackson State..

3rd Coast Tiger
July 13th, 2008, 09:15 PM
J-State

blackcaesar3k5
July 15th, 2008, 10:32 AM
The question is can Tracy Ruthland live-up to hype and win national title at Jackson State..

jstate83
July 15th, 2008, 10:43 AM
The question is can Tracy Ruthland live-up to hype and win national title at Jackson State..

Man.
The way Trae played last year, if he line's up behind center their might be a riot.xlolx

I have nothing against him but everytime he lined up under center last year, one of three thing's happened.

Sack, Fumble, or INT. xlolx
Dude came into the SCG last year for 1 series.
He got a delay of game, a sack, and then fumbled. xsmhx

Unless he has made a 100% improvement, he better change to WR.

Mr. Tiger
July 15th, 2008, 12:13 PM
:(
Man.
The way Trae played last year, if he line's up behind center their might be a riot.xlolx

I have nothing against him but everytime he lined up under center last year, one of three thing's happened.

Sack, Fumble, or INT. xlolx
Dude came into the SCG last year for 1 series.
He got a delay of game, a sack, and then fumbled. xsmhx

Unless he has made a 100% improvement, he better change to WR.

Trae has way too much talent to perform as poorly as he did last season. But with Britt, McKenna, Mosley (the La. Tech transfer), we have several options. I would be looking like this :( xnonono2x if Rutland was the only option.

813Jag
July 15th, 2008, 12:16 PM
:(

Trae has way too much talent to perform as poorly as he did last season. But with Britt, McKenna, Mosley (the La. Tech transfer), we have several options. I would be looking like this :( xnonono2x if Rutland was the only option.
Some times the light comes on with QBs and some time the lights are cut off. Who's #1 heading into the season?

jstate83
July 15th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Some times the light comes on with QBs and some time the lights are cut off. Who's #1 heading into the season?

Well right now it's TRAE only because he was there last year.
BUT.
The position is WIDE OPEN.
We probably won't know who our starting QB is until the week of the Hampton game.

Comegy has proven the last 2 season's he won't be rushed into a decision or make that decision based on who's been here longest.

Oliver was the #1 heading into August last year and he still had to fight for his spot from training camp to the Tennessee St game after starting the year before.xnodx

blackcaesar3k5
July 15th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Woody want his quarterbacks to be perfectionist.. Just ask Henderson Mosely and other quarterbacks that was running K-Gun offense at Central State..