PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian - James Madison Game Tickets?

AlphaSigMD
July 10th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Any James Madison people know how to get tickets to the game?

I'm no longer a Yosef Club member, and getting them thru ASU is not a possibility without that.

The James Madison site is restricted to Duke club member...6 tickets apiece to not be distributed until August.

I am planning on driving down to Harrisonburg from NJ or Ohio for the game, so I'd kinda like to get it squared away first.

Any ideas?

ASUMountaineer
July 10th, 2008, 11:30 PM

I'm no longer a Yosef Club member, and getting them thru ASU is not a possibility without that.

The James Madison site is restricted to Duke club member...6 tickets apiece to not be distributed until August.

I am planning on driving down to Harrisonburg from NJ or Ohio for the game, so I'd kinda like to get it squared away first.

Any ideas?

Damn, I wish you would have told me before I order mine T-bag. Call the Snake, he may be able to order them for you. I don't think he's going, but he's still YC.

JmuSkinsfan
July 10th, 2008, 11:47 PM

Any ideas?

No offense, but I hope JMU makes it impossible to get a public ticket. I'd like to show all the ASU folks a good time in the burg, but I'd rather keep your contingency rather small. ;)

Appguy
July 10th, 2008, 11:55 PM
don't worry, a small crowd can have A LOT of black and gold streamers

ASUMountaineer
July 11th, 2008, 12:08 AM
don't worry, a small crowd can have A LOT of black and gold streamers

Alex, why would you want to bring streamers? You're not wearing purple now too are you? xsmiley_wix xpeacex

SoCon48
July 11th, 2008, 04:34 AM
No offense, but I hope JMU makes it impossible to get a public ticket. I'd like to show all the ASU folks a good time in the burg, but I'd rather keep your contingency rather small. ;)

We have all realized that from the get go.xcoolx That's the strategy of many schools for big games. At App, we try to throw as many out there for the opponents as possible and reserve a generous number in a designated section. If they don't want them, they just send 'em back. I mean more than the usual courtesey number expected.
Many fans think we will rapidly reach the point , over the next very few years, that individual tickets in KBS will be a thing of the past even for our own die hard fans. As it already has been pretty much for Delaware and Montana.
We've been allowing fans..any fan with the ticket money or a pass..in up to 10K+ over actual seating capacity for the past 3 years. As long as our on field performce continues, that trend will continue.
We all need to look after our own fans first, but some take it too far.

Not saying, JMU, just sayin' We have one conference member who tries to stack the deck every time when the demand even gets close.

Dukie95
July 11th, 2008, 09:16 AM
I'm surpised and disappointed that they are only allowing individual App. St. game tickets to Duke Club members.

I wonder if we've compensated for this by alloting more than our normal number of tickets directly to App St, which are available to Yosef members.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
July 11th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Tickets can be purchased by anyone. The point is that Duke Club members get priority over the general public, so those tickets will be accounted for by order first before the general public. This is both fair and justified. If that many Duke Club members, like myself, purchase additional tickets, then you will have some people left cold.

In reality, the people who will be hurt most are not likely App St. fans who ordered tickets back in early spring, but the locals in Harrisonburg who do not donate to the cause and figure they'll be able to get a ticket in August or September. I doubt the Duke Club will suck up all remaining public tickets, but that's just my assumption. If I talk to the ticket office in the next week, I'll post what the current situation looks like.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
July 11th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Oh, and if you don't get a ticket afterall, your account (credit card) will be credited for the full value.

mcveyrl
July 11th, 2008, 09:51 AM
We have all realized that from the get go.xcoolx That's the strategy of many schools for big games. At App, we try to throw as many out there for the opponents as possible and reserve a generous number in a designated section. If they don't want them, they just send 'em back. I mean more than the usual courtesey number expected.
Many fans think we will rapidly reach the point , over the next very few years, that individual tickets in KBS will be a thing of the past even for our own die hard fans. As it already has been pretty much for Delaware and Montana.
We've been allowing fans..any fan with the ticket money or a pass..in up to 10K+ over actual seating capacity for the past 3 years. As long as our on field performce continues, that trend will continue.

Not saying, JMU, just sayin' We have one conference member who tries to stack the deck every time when the demand even gets close.

Tickets can be purchased by anyone. The point is that Duke Club members get priority over the general public, so those tickets will be accounted for by order first before the general public. This is both fair and justified. If that many Duke Club members, like myself, purchase additional tickets, then you will have some people left cold.

In reality, the people who will be hurt most are not likely App St. fans who ordered tickets back in early spring, but the locals in Harrisonburg who do not donate to the cause and figure they'll be able to get a ticket in August or September. I doubt the Duke Club will suck up all remaining public tickets, but that's just my assumption. If I talk to the ticket office in the next week, I'll post what the current situation looks like.

Yea, they are not denying the public from getting tickets, they just give priority for public tickets to Duke Club members first. That's not an App conspiracy, it's good business to get donations.

Nice superiority complex, though. xrolleyesx

Dukie95
July 11th, 2008, 10:49 AM
I know that's the way they typically work, but this time it looks as though the rules are different for that game.

Go to the jmusports.com site and attempt to make a purchase. Here is the language used.

Order single game tickets for JMU Football. Individual game ticket orders are assigned after the August 8 individual game priority deadline. Orders will be filled by Duke Club priority then based on order date. See Ticket Policy for more detail. Appalachian State tickets are available to Duke Club Members only, limit 6 per account.

mcveyrl
July 11th, 2008, 10:57 AM
My apologies on that then.

But again, it's just good business. BTW, there's nothing keeping ASU fans from Donating $75 and picking up six tickets (just a little premium for the game). In fact, that's what a non-Duke Club member would have to do, too.

Dukie95
July 11th, 2008, 10:59 AM
My apologies on that then.

But again, it's just good business. BTW, there's nothing keeping ASU fans from Donating $75 and picking up six tickets (just a little premium for the game). In fact, that's what a non-Duke Club member would have to do, too.

Yeah, that's true...if you want to get 6, you can split the $75 with 5 of your friends.

Dukie95
July 11th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Actually, new DC members must donate a minimum of $110 to join.

That's kinda risky though, because new members are at the bottom of the ranking system and there's no guarantee you'd get your seats. The ticket prices would be refundable, not the DC dues.

JMU DUUUKES
July 11th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Yea , being in the Duke Club, I ordered my tickets back in March-ish, months ago. Essentially guarenteeing myself 2 tix

th0m
July 11th, 2008, 11:08 AM

Unlike ASU, JMU can't cram 28000 people in a stadium or on a grassy hill behind the endzone. Our capacity is more or less set at 16k-ish.

AshevilleApp2
July 11th, 2008, 11:36 AM
So are the JMU posters here going to arrange an AGS get together that weekend? It's the same day as the Grizzfest in Montana.

mcveyrl
July 11th, 2008, 12:08 PM
So are the JMU posters here going to arrange an AGS get together that weekend? It's the same day as the Grizzfest in Montana.

That would work for me. I'm not sure what my schedule is that weekend though (i.e., when I'm coming up, where I'm staying, etc.).

phillyAPP
July 11th, 2008, 12:33 PM
That would work for me. I'm not sure what my schedule is that weekend though (i.e., when I'm coming up, where I'm staying, etc.).

I can't wait

The BURG wil be ROCK'IN.....

APP has soo many big games this season......

AGS's would have a great time in Sept at THE BURG....

Lets make it happen, Time for Dukes to tell us where and when !!!!

mcveyrl
July 11th, 2008, 12:41 PM
I can't wait

The BURG wil be ROCK'IN.....

APP has soo many big games this season......

AGS's would have a great time in Sept at THE BURG....

Lets make it happen, Time for Dukes to tell us where and when !!!!

I just hope it lives up to the hype. There's a possibility we could be limping into this one 1-2 if we're not ready to play UMass (and maybe even if we are) and if we lose to Duke in Cutcliffe's debut.

AlphaSigMD
July 11th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Damn, I wish you would have told me before I order mine T-bag. Call the Snake, he may be able to order them for you. I don't think he's going, but he's still YC.

Isn't the YC already sold out of their allotment anyway?

I figured to go to either LSU or JMU, but its looking more like JMU every day, but if I can't get tickets, its a little ridiculous to hop in the car and come down. Maybe I can get one (two if stacey comes this time) scalped at the game, or pick some up off ebay or something.

But calling snake might work if ASU has not sold out their allotment. I hate that I let my YC membership lapse, but its kinda pointless with me missing every game except a few playoff games each year.

AlphaSigMD
July 11th, 2008, 12:44 PM

Its alright, I'm sure one more won't make that much of a differencexthumbsupx

I am, however, the 12th man. xnodx

mcveyrl
July 11th, 2008, 12:44 PM

I figured to go to either LSU or JMU, but its looking more like JMU every day, but if I can't get tickets, its a little ridiculous to hop in the car and come down. Maybe I can get one (two if stacey comes this time) scalped at the game, or pick some up off ebay or something.

But calling snake might work if ASU has not sold out their allotment. I hate that I let my YC membership lapse, but its kinda pointless with me missing every game except a few playoff games each year.

I have an extra youth ticket if you could pull it off Dorf style!

DRDukes
July 11th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I hope that the DC members purchase the bulk of the remaining tickets. I know I bought an extra 6 in addition to my season tix. Got a few friends who dont normally head back to the burg who wanted to go, so I know we will have 6 crazy/yelling JMU fans in those 6 seats!

lillycafe
July 11th, 2008, 01:55 PM

I would not call donating to the Yosef Club pointless. The $ does go to a good cause (scholarships for ASU athletes).

ericsaid
July 11th, 2008, 02:12 PM
What is the capacity for JMU's stadium?

JMU2004
July 11th, 2008, 02:23 PM

roughly 16k, but it has held 17-18k before.

ericsaid
July 11th, 2008, 02:34 PM
roughly 16k, but it has held 17-18k before.

How far away are they from completing the construction to the stadium?

mcveyrl
July 11th, 2008, 02:42 PM

A long way.

JMU2004
July 11th, 2008, 02:43 PM

Construction begins in 2009

ericsaid
July 11th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Construction begins in 2009

xoopsx xnonono2x

BDKJMU
July 11th, 2008, 07:05 PM

http://www.jmusports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=14400&KEY=&SPID=8113&SPSID=71224

The 14,513 doesn't include the 500+ additional temp bleacher seats being added. 06' UD game was 16,144
http://www.jmusports.com/fls/14400/stats/football/2006/delaware.htm

My guess if ASU is #1 and JMU is top 5, then it will be pushing 17k overflow.

SoCon48
July 11th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Yea, they are not denying the public from getting tickets, they just give priority for public tickets to Duke Club members first. That's not an App conspiracy, it's good business to get donations.

Nope, I think you're underestimating the draw for this game. If App even comes close at LSU and JMU is 3-0 after Duke, the automatic over NCCU, and a victory over U Mess, JMU could break any long standing attendance records by 40-50%. I'd bet money on it.

1. The teams are are ranked #1 and #2 in many polls/rankings.
2. Revenge factor
3. Both programs still on the rise
4. SoCon vs CAA rivalry
5. Both teams have returning heralded players
6. Must win for either team to start building it's case for seeding
7. Regional rivalry developing
8. Schools have much in common academically, demographically, etc
9 the list goes on and on

But JMU fans say there is no room for SRO's anyway..so it's all moot.

AlphaSigMD
July 12th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Now, I wasn't looking to start a mess...I'm just trying to find some tickets. I sat in the Michigan section for that game, and I'm perfectly fine on wearing black and gold while sitting in the James Madison section.

Are students required to have tickets or is it a swipe your JMU Student ID rule?

Rob Iola
July 12th, 2008, 01:35 AM

Any ideas?
A couple thoughts:
1. Just slow down as you pass back-n-forth by the stadium on I-81 and you can watch the game for free!
2. Contact Edgar Johnson at (302) 831-4006 (or [email protected]) and explain that you're having problems getting tix for the ASU game - he'll fix you right up...

ASUMountaineer
July 12th, 2008, 07:33 AM

I don't know if they are or not. They may be. You may just want to check ebay or follow Rob's advice and contact that guy at JMU. xthumbsupx

SoCon48
July 12th, 2008, 10:50 AM
At any rate, JMU can have several thousand ASU fans and their ticket $ if they can find room to let them in as well as college football fans from the region who have no particular affinity to either school. xthumbsupx

Rob Iola
July 12th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I don't know if they are or not. They may be. You may just want to check ebay or follow Rob's advice and contact that guy at JMU. xthumbsupx
Ack! If the Rob you're referring to is me - please accept my apologies and note the bitter sarcasm in my post above - Edgar Johnson is the UD AD who had no clue as to the popularity of last year's NC and ended up requesting a grand total of 3000 tix - ASU gobbled up all the unclaimed tix (since they played their semi the night before) and as a result most of us UD fans were shut out.

But please, do call ol' Edgar - just don't expect a friendly response or JMU/ASU tix...

ASUMountaineer
July 12th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Ack! If the Rob you're referring to is me - please accept my apologies and note the bitter sarcasm in my post above - Edgar Johnson is the UD AD who had no clue as to the popularity of last year's NC and ended up requesting a grand total of 3000 tix - ASU gobbled up all the unclaimed tix (since they played their semi the night before) and as a result most of us UD fans were shut out.

But please, do call ol' Edgar - just don't expect a friendly response or JMU/ASU tix...

Yeah, I got it. I thought it was funny, wanted to see if I could get it past my buddy too :).

SoCon48
July 12th, 2008, 12:08 PM

So the CAA chaired selection committee shot itself in the foot by relegating App to the Friday semi-final game?

Rob Iola
July 12th, 2008, 01:34 PM
So the CAA chaired selection committee shot itself in the foot by relegating App to the Friday semi-final game?
I believe both games were originally scheduled for Friday, but the NCAA moved the UD-SIU game to Saturday as a favor to UD due to them being stuck, er, enjoying an extended stay in Cedar Falls after the UNI game due to weather...

AlphaSigMD
July 12th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Yeah, I got it. I thought it was funny, wanted to see if I could get it past my buddy too :).

I kinda wondered why it was a university of delaware email.

Alas, I figured it was probably some underhanded bit of CAA chicanery.

ASUMountaineer
July 12th, 2008, 05:00 PM
I kinda wondered why it was a university of delaware email.

Alas, I figured it was probably some underhanded bit of CAA chicanery.

Haha, how many do you need? I can try and call the YC Monday and see if any are available. Also, did you hear anything from Ohio yet?

AlphaSigMD
July 12th, 2008, 05:14 PM
2 would be preferable, one for me and one for stacey. I would certainly appreciate it.

I have not heard from Ohio just yet, but they were supposed to make a decision this weekend. When they will let us know, is still kinda up in the air.

If I hear a yes before this weekend, i'll be at whitney's wedding. If not, i'll see you the weekend after that around the 25th.

ASUMountaineer
July 12th, 2008, 05:16 PM
2 would be preferable, one for me and one for stacey. I would certainly appreciate it.

I have not heard from Ohio just yet, but they were supposed to make a decision this weekend. When they will let us know, is still kinda up in the air.

If I hear a yes before this weekend, i'll be at whitney's wedding. If not, i'll see you the weekend after that around the 25th.

That's cool. Hopefully it works out for you. Keep me posted, when you're back in town we'll have to throw some back. Little belated celebration of your return (for a while) and my new job.

ASUMountaineer
July 12th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Britt, I just saw this posted on MMB. I will still call for you if you want, I don't mind, but if you want to call yourself, you're more than welcome to. Let me know bro.

22420.14 in reply to 22420.13
I actually bought two tickets to the game yesterday from Steve WHite in the Ticket Office. He seemed to indicate that there were plenty left, and I am in YC but I wasn't asked if I was. He said the season tickets would be mailed out first week in August along with YC passes and hopefully th JMU tickets if they have received them.

JmuSkinsfan
July 12th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Typically students just show the ID card (JAC Card as we call it) to get into games. Usually they let the first 5,000 students in. However, for homecoming and parents weekend games, students have to pick up their tickets in advance as they are typically limited. I can definitely see that being the situation here. Otherwise you're gonna have the entire student body trying to cram into a 6,000 seat (ish) student section

appsfan
July 12th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Britt, I just saw this posted on MMB. I will still call for you if you want, I don't mind, but if you want to call yourself, you're more than welcome to. Let me know bro.

Chris,
I am not the person needing ASU-JMU tickets, but thanks anyway.

ASUMountaineer
July 12th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Chris,

Yeah, I know, it's my roommate from college, his name is Britt also. I also have a friend named Brent and one named Brett, it's get ridiculous:)

GGASU
July 13th, 2008, 03:30 AM

The Friday night semi-final game had nothing to do with it. App had already requested 10,000 tickets for the final.

We had thousands of tickets bought by ASU fans weeks in advance of the game. There were no tickets available after the semi-final on Friday. In fact ASU only received 8000 of the 10000 requested tickets. I myself bought 20 tickets in October when they were doing a special price on them.

SoCon48
July 13th, 2008, 09:52 AM

Nice superiority complex, though.

Actually, we at ASU do the exact same thing, only first we designate and set aside a very reasonable and fair number first!xrulesx

Rob Iola
July 13th, 2008, 10:22 AM
The Friday night semi-final game had nothing to do with it. App had already requested 10,000 tickets for the final.

We had thousands of tickets bought by ASU fans weeks in advance of the game. There were no tickets available after the semi-final on Friday. In fact ASU only received 8000 of the 10000 requested tickets. I myself bought 20 tickets in October when they were doing a special price on them.

Dude - the original post was:

It's a bit easier for ASU fans to make it to Chatty, even if something like JMU kicking the last-second FG keeps ASU out of the NC hunt, than for UD fans to schlep all the way down there to watch UNI or SIU play...

ericsaid
July 13th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Dude - the original post was:

It's a bit easier for ASU fans to make it to Chatty, even if something like JMU kicking the last-second FG keeps ASU out of the NC hunt, than for UD fans to schlep all the way down there to watch UNI or SIU play...

JMU still had to make the last second field goal and with App's kick blocking that was far from a garuntee....

eaglesrthe1
July 13th, 2008, 01:31 PM

Nice superiority complex, though.

Actually, we at ASU do the exact same thing, only first we designate and set aside a very reasonable and fair number first!xrulesx

ASU only designated 300 for a conference mate... GSU. GSU has always brought more than that. I would venture that JMU is sending more than that to ASU.

AlphaSigMD
July 13th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Chris,

Wait? There's another Britt on here? Imagine that.

So much for the anonymity of the internet...xlolx

ASUMountaineer
July 13th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Wait? There's another Britt on here? Imagine that.

So much for the anonymity of the internet...xlolx

Yeah, and ridiculously enough, I know you both. xnodx

appsfan
July 13th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Yeah, I know, it's my roommate from college, his name is Britt also. I also have a friend named Brent and one named Brett, it's get ridiculous:)

That's funny. I guess when you use real names on the board, you may need to be more specific. i'm not used to running into people who have the same name as me...xlolx

ASUMountaineer
July 13th, 2008, 09:46 PM
That's funny. I guess when you use real names on the board, you may need to be more specific. i'm not used to running into people who have the same name as me...xlolx

I bet, it's not like Chris.

SoCon48
July 14th, 2008, 04:37 AM
ASU only designated 300 for a conference mate... GSU. GSU has always brought more than that. I would venture that JMU is sending more than that to ASU.

Difference is, ASU sold 12,000 additional more tickets for last year's game. Thus no GSU fan was denied. Dare say that won't be the case in Harrisonburg since tickets are already hard to get.

AppStFan76
July 14th, 2008, 08:23 AM
All the more reason for the game to be televised on a bigger scale where the fans of both schools, and fans of FCS Football can see the game, because this going to be a great game!

SoCon48
July 14th, 2008, 10:07 AM
All the more reason for the game to be televised on a bigger scale where the fans of both schools, and fans of FCS Football can see the game, because this going to be a great game!

I agree, just hate that it's not going to happen. Looks like DJ on the radio for those who can't get tickets.

Hate to see App not having the support at the game they deserve because of lack of tickets. Looks like more fans will get to see our Apps in Baton Rouge than up the road in Harrisonburg. Good way for a regional fan rivalry to get stifled before it can get going. Not blaming JMU, as they just don't have the space and App is starting to have a lot of tickets tied up in season packages.

FanOfAllThatIsJMU
July 14th, 2008, 11:18 AM
JMU sent 1,000 to ASU. We are req'd by the CAA to give that much to conference opponents and we just use that as a guideline for all opponents.

SoCon48
July 14th, 2008, 11:34 AM
JMU sent 1,000 to ASU. We are req'd by the CAA to give that much to conference opponents and we just use that as a guideline for all opponents.

Just saying, if the joint would hold it and JMU did differently, 5K to App fans could be achieved. $$ in the pocket and lots of return biz.
On the otherhand, gas, trip, and ticket money saved is that much more to help break more attendance records back in Boone and more to fly to Baton Rouge..

It would have sure helped if a decent network carrier could have been signed. Lack of tickets available for purchase and very limited TV range squanders a #1 vs #2 match-up. They don't come along every day.
But if you can't, you can't.

AlphaSigMD
July 14th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Why can't this problem be solved with what I like to refer to as "ASU's pseudo-open-door policy". I'm sure we could fit in quite a bit more to JMU's stadium if push came to shove.

Is it the fire code? Because come on, we 1.5X the capacity of KBS on a regular basis and nobody has burnt the place down. (And in all fairness, a fire is much more likely break out at Kidd Brewer anyway because we're so Hot Hot Hot xthumbsupx )

All I know is somebody's gonna let me in. In a day and age when a hundred dollar gas card is enough to buy the rights to name somebody's baby, then it should be enough to score some stubs from the local yokels.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
July 16th, 2008, 01:45 PM
I think you'll be just fine AlphaSigMD.

Anyone who buys prior to the deadline should be okay. I just ordered my extras (4), and although I do not know exact numbers, they are getting close to a sellout. Endzone seats only at this point. I doubt many more people will buy between now and the priority deadline. The guy did mention that a lot of Duke Club members were purchasing extras, so the true fans are doing a good job of selling it out, meaning the "local yokels" might be trying to buy a scalped ticket as well come game day.

As far as the 1K for ASU, I believe more than half of those are comp tickets for family. I suppose if the families of players/coaches cannot or decide not to go, those tickets go back to the Yosef Club for the fans.

If ANY exposure had been advertised, this event would have sold out months ago, especially if they had put a spot on local DC and Richmond TV.

My guess is about an additional 1K of App St. fans have bought tickets. You guys will be well-represented in Harrisonburg, I'm sure!

DLS
July 16th, 2008, 01:52 PM
didnt read all the posts but isnt this game being streamed over a network website?

JMU2K_DukeDawg
July 16th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Yes, CN8 has free video streaming for their programs. In the region, we prefer ComcastSportsNet (CSN) due to HD capabilities, but for maximum access around the country and world, CN8 is actually better.

DLS
July 16th, 2008, 02:03 PM
hopefully i dont spill my beer on the keyboard.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
July 16th, 2008, 02:08 PM
what a waste that would be, alcohol abuse is seriously looked down upon where I come from...

bluehenbillk
July 16th, 2008, 02:37 PM

You may want to double-check that number unless it's a brand-new CAA requirement. UD has a bigger stadium than JMU and only gives visiting teams 500 ticket allotments, that's as recent as last season.

eaglesrthe1
July 16th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Difference is, ASU sold 12,000 additional more tickets for last year's game. Thus no GSU fan was denied. Dare say that won't be the case in Harrisonburg since tickets are already hard to get.

No actually what ASU did was allot 300 to GSU and then sold the stadium out. Then towards the end when all the sales had been tallied they released a few additional SRO (grass) seats. So I don't know if any GSU fans were denied or not but there is a difference and it is a thing called a seat. But that is hardly what ASU does first as you claim... more like what they do last.

Really, I'm not complaining about ASU since they aren't responsible for seeing that the visiting fans get in the stadium... I'm really just saying that you shouldn't complain about JMU, if ASU operates the same way.

SoCon48
July 17th, 2008, 05:54 AM
No actually what ASU did was allot 300 to GSU and then sold the stadium out. Then towards the end when all the sales had been tallied they released a few additional SRO (grass) seats. So I don't know if any GSU fans were denied or not but there is a difference and it is a thing called a seat. But that is hardly what ASU does first as you claim... more like what they do last.

Really, I'm not complaining about ASU since they aren't responsible for seeing that the visiting fans get in the stadium... I'm really just saying that you shouldn't complain about JMU, if ASU operates the same way.

Huge diffference. A few? 12,000 is a few???? At ASU, once the 16,650 seats are sold, 12,000 more grass bank seats are sold. The grass bank is not that bad a place to watch the game. I watched many a game at Wake Forest from their bank and thoroughly enjoyed them.
The difference is at ASU from JMU and GSU (I asume) is at ASU, fans do get to come in and watch the game.

And no, ASU does not operate the same way. And no, ASU is not responsible for seeing that visiting fans can get into the stadium...but common courtesey says they should do every thing possible to see that they can.

JMU2004
July 17th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Common Courtesy? Give me a break.........

JMU does not have a grassy bank or lawn seating. We DO sell some overflow seating, but certainly not 10,000 extras.

And to answer another ASU fan's question, FIRE CODES ARE ENFORCED in Virginia. I know H-Burg PD/FD would just love to fine JMU because we had crammed 20k into a facility designed to hold 16k.

Stop this whining about tickets. ASU has had JMU at home twice in a row. Deal with playing us on the road for a change. JMU is responsible for taking care of its OWN fans and students, and THEN worrying about visting teams.

mcveyrl
July 17th, 2008, 08:06 AM

JMU does not have a grassy bank or lawn seating. We DO sell some overflow seating, but certainly not 10,000 extras.

And to answer another ASU fan's question, FIRE CODES ARE ENFORCED in Virginia. I know H-Burg PD/FD would just love to fine JMU because we had crammed 20k into a facility designed to hold 16k.

Stop this whining about tickets. ASU has had JMU at home twice in a row. Deal with playing us on the road for a change. JMU is responsible for taking care of its OWN fans and students, and THEN worrying about visting teams.

That's an excellent point I hadn't thought about. The vocal locals would jump at that chance.

AshevilleApp2
July 17th, 2008, 08:20 AM

Good point. And while I'm all for ASU making as much money as they can while we win, cramming all those extra people in has some drawbacks. Last year I had to watch the Northern Arizona from outside the fence, due to a sellout, and saw the game fine. I paid for SRO at the Georgia Southern game and had a terrible view.

In fairness, I understood the potential for this problem before I bought the ticket. I'm only 5'7". xnodx

asu70
July 17th, 2008, 09:10 AM

Not trying to dispute what you say, but where did you get the 300 figure as an App allottment to GSU last year?

SoCon48
July 17th, 2008, 09:22 AM

Ummm. If you'll notice, i was responding to the GSU guy and their situation..not JMU's!!

ASU did not have JMU twice in a row. The play-off game was due to the selection committee, etc. The deal for the true home game was the home and home contract made prior to the '06 game so don't feel pregnant about having to come to Boone twice.

Just talking about how to fairly treat visitors. Having said that, I do apologize for all fans having to use portajons the last few years.

Again, common decency and courtesy. But go ahead and stack the deck all you want. Just bring it. We'll go from there in Sept.xcoolx

SoCon48
July 17th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Good point. And while I'm all for ASU making as much money as they can while we win, cramming all those extra people in has some drawbacks. Last year I had to watch the Northern Arizona from outside the fence, due to a sellout, and saw the game fine. I paid for SRO at the Georgia Southern game and had a terrible view.

In fairness, I understood the potential for this problem before I bought the ticket. I'm only 5'7". xnodx

Interesting post,Asheville App!

SoCon48
July 17th, 2008, 09:47 AM

Actually whomever you got your info from was incorrect. GSU had more than 300 to start with. they didn't sell quickly enough so they were returned and then when things got hot, you guys were offered some of the SRO's.
The first week in August is when individual seats are opened up. If visitors haven't bought their allotment by then...they're all released first come first serve..

biggie
July 17th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Something that I had planned got cancelled for the weekend, so looking around for options on tickets for this as well.

Anyone heard anything about a ticket package/bus trip by any chance?

Apps03
July 17th, 2008, 01:06 PM
I'm a not so proud member of the Duke Club. I believe my seats are guaranteed.

mcveyrl
July 17th, 2008, 01:56 PM

Congratulations!

Your purple and gold streamers will be at will call.

Apps03
July 17th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Congratulations!

Your purple and gold streamers will be at will call.

I'll be sure to pick those up first thing!xsmhx :p

mcveyrl
July 17th, 2008, 03:05 PM
I'll be sure to pick those up first thing!xsmhx :p

Look at it this way. You've just doubled the chances that "your team" will be in Chatty!

Apps03
July 17th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Look at it this way. You've just doubled the chances that "your team" will be in Chatty!

I'll be in Chatty regardless of my team's finish. The Duke's play a big game right before the Apps come to town right?

Dukie95
July 17th, 2008, 03:36 PM

Guaranteed may be a bit strong. The tickets will be assigned in order of Duke Club Priority points based on giving level, history, etc... As a new donor, you'll be at the bottom of that chain. The demand could be such that they won't get to you.

Now, I think it's highly unlikely that that many people are trying to buy tickets that don't already have season tickets, but you need to be aware that there's still a *slight* chance you'll be without.

eaglesrthe1
July 17th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Huge diffference. A few? 12,000 is a few???? At ASU, once the 16,650 seats are sold, 12,000 more grass bank seats are sold. The grass bank is not that bad a place to watch the game. I watched many a game at Wake Forest from their bank and thoroughly enjoyed them.
The difference is at ASU from JMU and GSU (I asume) is at ASU, fans do get to come in and watch the game.

And no, ASU does not operate the same way. And no, ASU is not responsible for seeing that visiting fans can get into the stadium...but common courtesey says they should do every thing possible to see that they can.

Let me make this as clear as I can... when GSU got their allotment... the game was already listed as SOLD OUT. So the "first" and "only" tickets that GSU fans got were among those 300... not those 12,000 that were already sold by the time that GSU got wind of the size of their allotment. The "few" that I mentioned were some additional grass seats that were released after the game had been officially sold out.

GSU had more tickets allotted to them by UD, who also sells out, than they did by ASU. I would imagine that GSU hasn't been allotted that few by any school ever.

ASUMountaineer
July 17th, 2008, 08:19 PM
JMU doesn't owe us *****. If I were JMU and knew I could sell the tickets to Duke fans I would, they're JMU tickets. I called the ASU ticket office and got 9 tickets, all together. I actually like that they want more Duke fans there, they should.

Just like, even though I hate the Yankees (go Sox), I was glad to see them boo the Sox players, that's dedication, and it's refreshing in these PC days. xnodx

FanOfAllThatIsJMU
July 18th, 2008, 07:51 AM
You may want to double-check that number unless it's a brand-new CAA requirement. UD has a bigger stadium than JMU and only gives visiting teams 500 ticket allotments, that's as recent as last season.

got that number directly from the director of ticket sales. he says most teams return a good portion of them. possibly thats what happens at UD, no team brings more than 500 fans.

SoCon48
July 18th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Let me make this as clear as I can... when GSU got their allotment... the game was already listed as SOLD OUT. So the "first" and "only" tickets that GSU fans got were among those 300... not those 12,000 that were already sold by the time that GSU got wind of the size of their allotment. The "few" that I mentioned were some additional grass seats that were released after the game had been officially sold out.

GSU had more tickets allotted to them by UD, who also sells out, than they did by ASU. I would imagine that GSU hasn't been allotted that few by any school ever.

Let me make some things clear as I can, also.

The "few" that I mentioned were some additional grass seats that were released after the game had been officially sold out.

All you had to do was go on line and order all the extra tickets you wanted up until early in the week of the game. I ordered mine on line the Friday 8 days prior to the game and printed them out. As anyone could have done.

The "few" that I mentioned were some additional grass seats that were released after the game had been officially sold out.

The few additional seats you mentioned was 12,000. Sold out means after the first 16,650 are sold. All visiting school allotments were done well before even that figured was reached. GSU itself, may have been holding your allotment.

Too, in the past, GSU has never been our best attendance of the season. Certainly allotment would be based on previous experience. The GSU game didn't admit as many as the Lenoir-Rhyne game, thus the game had at least 600 left unsold if fans had shown up at the gate.

The more you buy, the more you will ask for and get next time. Realize, too, that GSU gets nothing from the proceeds of tickets they sell from the allotment from App. And vice versa.

Read the Del fan's post, too. So someone must have misinformed you about the allotments as I know GSU has had a section of 800-1200 initially set aside for them in ther past at ASU. Not taken, but set aside for weeks.

Originally Posted by bluehenbillk

SoCon48
July 18th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Guaranteed may be a bit strong. The tickets will be assigned in order of Duke Club Priority points based on giving level, history, etc... As a new donor, you'll be at the bottom of that chain. The demand could be such that they won't get to you.

Now, I think it's highly unlikely that that many people are trying to buy tickets that don't already have season tickets, but you need to be aware that there's still a *slight* chance you'll be without.

Someone, an App fan, on another board claims he bought some very recently over the phone from JMU.

AshevilleApp2
July 18th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Someone, an App fan, on another board claims he bought some very recently over the phone from JMU.

They are probably still taking orders as a contingency. I bought my tickets through JMU months ago, but with the understanding that I wouldn't know until August 7th whether I'd get them.

SoCon48
July 18th, 2008, 04:11 PM
JMU doesn't owe us *****. If I were JMU and knew I could sell the tickets to Duke fans I would, they're JMU tickets. I called the ASU ticket office and got 9 tickets, all together. I actually like that they want more Duke fans there, they should.

Just like, even though I hate the Yankees (go Sox), I was glad to see them boo the Sox players, that's dedication, and it's refreshing in these PC days. xnodx

College football games without visitors' fans would seem dumb as hell! Even the LSU's and Michigans who can sell every single ticket easily..still make sure we get a decent allotment.

SoCon48
July 18th, 2008, 04:13 PM
They are probably still taking orders as a contingency. I bought my tickets through JMU months ago, but with the understanding that I wouldn't know until August 7th whether I'd get them.

When I checked the site, they weren't taking any individual ticket orders yet. I don't know how the guy got his. Deleted my post.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
July 18th, 2008, 04:47 PM
You can order your tickets by phone. You'll know whether or not you will get your tickets after Aug. 7. As of a couple days ago it was not sold out, but they were getting close. Most App St. fans who have already purchased tickets should be fine unless a huge number of Duke Club fans continue to purchase tickets, and at this stage, I doubt that will happen.

Borat
July 18th, 2008, 07:13 PM
You can order your tickets by phone. You'll know whether or not you will get your tickets after Aug. 7. As of a couple days ago it was not sold out, but they were getting close. Most App St. fans who have already purchased tickets should be fine unless a huge number of Duke Club fans continue to purchase tickets, and at this stage, I doubt that will happen.

This has probably been asked 1,000.00 times, but I'll ask anyways.

I bought 4 tickets back in March. Not a Duke club member. What are my chances of actually getting these? Or should I go ahead and join the Duke club?

Borat
July 18th, 2008, 07:16 PM

D'ohh! Hadn't seen this before I posted a question about this.

ASUMountaineer
July 18th, 2008, 09:59 PM
College football games without visitors' fans would seem dumb as hell! Even the LSU's and Michigans who can sell every single ticket easily..still make sure we get a decent allotment.

I agree, but they don't owe us special privilege, if they have given ASU 1000 tickets (as some have said) I think that is adequate.

eaglesrthe1
July 20th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Let me make some things clear as I can, also.

All you had to do was go on line and order all the extra tickets you wanted up until early in the week of the game. I ordered mine on line the Friday 8 days prior to the game and printed them out. As anyone could have done.

The few additional seats you mentioned was 12,000. Sold out means after the first 16,650 are sold. All visiting school allotments were done well before even that figured was reached. GSU itself, may have been holding your allotment.

Too, in the past, GSU has never been our best attendance of the season. Certainly allotment would be based on previous experience. The GSU game didn't admit as many as the Lenoir-Rhyne game, thus the game had at least 600 left unsold if fans had shown up at the gate.

The more you buy, the more you will ask for and get next time. Realize, too, that GSU gets nothing from the proceeds of tickets they sell from the allotment from App. And vice versa.

Read the Del fan's post, too. So someone must have misinformed you about the allotments as I know GSU has had a section of 800-1200 initially set aside for them in ther past at ASU. Not taken, but set aside for weeks.
Originally Posted by bluehenbillk

The LR game owns the attendance record at Kidd-Brewer, so unless they are your newest biggest rival, it seems that sales were probably limited after that game. There was plenty of chatter about an excessive # of people at that game.

I got my tickets offline just like you, but after being turned away at the GSU ticket office where I was quoted the 300 number. I was also told by your ticket office about the "few" additional tickets being released later on. So if the definition of a "few" in Boone is 12k then there you have it. That was a conclusion drawn by me based on what I was told by your ticket office.

Since there weren't even 800-1200 GSU fans at the game even though some of the GSU fans came by their "grass" seats just like you and me, it's obvious that they weren't "allotted" that number, because they did in fact stop selling them weeks before the game. It's hard to sell tickets that you do not have. Having access to grass seats is not the same as being allotted ass seats, and the fact that no GSU fan was turned away is irrelevant since I never said that they were.

GSU has an actual seating capacity of about 14.5K and the GSU-ASU game has drawn over 20k on more than one occasion. Yet, I would be surprised if an ASU fan has ever been issued a ticket with "grass" as a location, unless they were purchased close to game day. It's one thing to look out the window and decide if you want to attend the game as a home fan and sit on the grass, but it's another to plan a three day trip around the possibility of sitting on a wet clay hill weeks in advance.

I purchased my grass seats in mid Sept and all of this occurred prior to that, so there is only two possible conclusions that can be drawn. Either GSU was allotted far less than 800-1200 tickets, or they were required to send back any unsold tickets for ASU consumption in early Sept. I'm going with the first, since I was told that by the GSU ticket office.

Appaholic
July 20th, 2008, 09:23 PM
The LR game owns the attendance record at Kidd-Brewer, so unless they are your newest biggest rival, it seems that sales were probably limited after that game. There was plenty of chatter about an excessive # of people at that game.

I got my tickets offline just like you, but after being turned away at the GSU ticket office where I was quoted the 300 number. I was also told by your ticket office about the "few" additional tickets being released later on. So if the definition of a "few" in Boone is 12k then there you have it. That was a conclusion drawn by me based on what I was told by your ticket office.

Since there weren't even 800-1200 GSU fans at the game even though some of the GSU fans came by their "grass" seats just like you and me, it's obvious that they weren't "allotted" that number, because they did in fact stop selling them weeks before the game. It's hard to sell tickets that you do not have. Having access to grass seats is not the same as being allotted ass seats, and the fact that no GSU fan was turned away is irrelevant since I never said that they were.

GSU has an actual seating capacity of about 14.5K and the GSU-ASU game has drawn over 20k on more than one occasion. Yet, I would be surprised if an ASU fan has ever been issued a ticket with "grass" as a location, unless they were purchased close to game day. It's one thing to look out the window and decide if you want to attend the game as a home fan and sit on the grass, but it's another to plan a three day trip around the possibility of sitting on a wet clay hill weeks in advance.

I purchased my grass seats in mid Sept and all of this occurred prior to that, so there is only two possible conclusions that can be drawn. Either GSU was allotted far less than 800-1200 tickets, or they were required to send back any unsold tickets for ASU consumption in early Sept. I'm going with the first, since I was told that by the GSU ticket office.

Hey...you guys won....you want keys to the fieldhouse as well? xoopsx

SoCon48
July 20th, 2008, 10:47 PM

The answer to that is NO. L-R was opening game. The same sales policies for walk-ups and SRO's has been followed for all games. The GSU game just didn't quite create the demand that the opening game vs L-R did. Close, but not equal. L-R is an area program.

or they were required to send back any unsold tickets for ASU consumption in early Sept.

BINGO!! Which is what I posted earlier. That was exactly the case as many fans were waiting for the returned seats to appear on the internet ticket purchasing site. Which they did.

BTW, you don't have to worry about sitting on a clay bank. The mountains don't have clay, and KBS has lots of grass to boot.

Grass bank seats sure beats out both "no" seats or SRO's.

appfan2008
July 21st, 2008, 09:07 AM

The answer to that is NO. L-R was opening game. The same sales policies for walk-ups and SRO's has been followed for all games. The GSU game just didn't quite create the demand that the opening game vs L-R did. Close, but not equal. L-R is an area program.
or they were required to send back any unsold tickets for ASU consumption in early Sept.

BINGO!! Which is what I posted earlier. That was exactly the case as many fans were waiting for the returned seats to appear on the internet ticket purchasing site. Which they did.

BTW, you don't have to worry about sitting on a clay bank. The mountains don't have clay, and KBS has lots of grass to boot.

Grass bank seats sure beats out both "no" seats or SRO's.

This is not true... after the LR game they sold less tickets... i know plenty of people who were turned away for latter games and it was all because tons of people complained about the overcrowding at the LR game... if given the opportunity the gsu game would have blown by the LR game hands down... nothing to do with lack of interest... everything to do with lack of space

eaglesrthe1
July 21st, 2008, 02:28 PM
This is not true... after the LR game they sold less tickets... i know plenty of people who were turned away for latter games and it was all because tons of people complained about the overcrowding at the LR game... if given the opportunity the gsu game would have blown by the LR game hands down... nothing to do with lack of interest... everything to do with lack of space

Yeah, as SoCon says BINGO. BTW I'm not complaining now, nor was I at the beginning of this time wasting exercise. I merely pointed out that GSU received a small allotment and was basically told I was crazy. ASU obviously sold out the balance of the stadium and then sold the rest of the unsold GSU blocks. Just because they waited to sell them last doesn't mean they were reserved for GSU, that's basically first come first served. If it was a true allotment then GSU would have been allowed to attempt to sell those tickets to GSU fans as long as there was adequate time to return them for sale to ASU fans before game time. I'm sure that when UD allots 500 tickets to conference rivals they don't ask for them to be returned almost 2 months in advance of the game.

Anyway, I'm done discussing how its done in Boone. Peace to all.xpeacex

SoCon48
July 21st, 2008, 03:14 PM

I don't see it when the two games were only 600 tickets away from each other. If the App admin backed down due to crowding, then they sure as hell should have backed down more than 600. 600 out of 28,000 is a drop in the bucket.

People just need to buy their damn tickets while they can and don't expect the univirsity to sit on the tickets while they fiddle fart around.

Tickets were available the last few days for the GSU game. Hell, I traded mine up outside the gate for the GSU game and bought my WCU tickets at the game from the ticket booth.