PDA

View Full Version : Big South Championship Game-AKA Coastal at Liberty

CCU2003
October 16th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Wow, now that my heart has finally slowed down from the OT thriller…..Man I guess I should pay more attention when players are telling me that they had a horrible week of practice. Five turnovers! I do not want to see how Coach Bennett approaches this week of practice, ewwww. Now its off to Lynchburg and the flames…..I know one thing, none of the guys are looking forward to getting back on artificial turf. We all know what happened the last time the Chants played on turf (App State?) Lets hope this near let down with GW makes the Chants refocus on the fundamentals and a Liberty team that is probably looking forward to playing us (after the teams they have been dealing with!).

My hat goes off to GW for playing us so tough and I hope this weeks game in Virginia is a little easier to swallow. I say Coastal by 17, but after this weekend and getting back on turf, who knows……

coastalalum
October 16th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Big South Championship Game-AKA Coastal at Liberty????

VMI is currently in first place in the Big South at 2-0. Coastal is in 2nd at 1-0. Liberty is D.F.L (pardon my terminology mr. falwell) at 0-1, 1-6 overall....so please explain how this is for the conference championship... :confused:

CCU2003
October 16th, 2005, 07:43 PM
The title of this thread would be based on the fact that the overwhelming opinion of most I-AA fans who for some strange reason follow the Big South is that Coastal is in control of its own destiny. I agree that VMI has a very credible claim on owning its share of the league lead……But it is my humble opinion that with the Chants being the returning big south champions, owning the only ranked position of a big south school, and me being a Chanticleer fan, I feel that each Conference game the Chanticleers play for the remainder of the season will in fact be “The Big South Conference Championship game.” A loss and we’re screwed in more ways than one, and a win meaning we are one game closer to owning another championship. To all VMI fans out there, congrats on having a great “comeback” type year and I can’t wait for you guys to come to town for what will no doubt be one heck of a game, and your game with GW this week can also be considered a “championship” make or break game. I am so depressed that another chant fan made me justify my title….how disturbing…..:(

coastalalum
October 16th, 2005, 08:04 PM
no need for depression...suck it up ;) .....go chants!