PDA

View Full Version : Texas State eats a cupcake

BCisforBobcatTX
October 16th, 2005, 05:15 PM
The schedulemaker here should be shot in his face. Scheduling a 1-6 or 1-7 D2 team for homecoming. Seventh largest crowd in history wasted on THAT. At least Delta Staten was #6 in D2 when we played them, but come on. Anyways, on to my point. I know that having two D2 teams hurts our strength of schedule and that we can really only afford one loss in conference play to get into the playoffs in my opinion, but what do you think a 75-7 victory over a jv high school football team will do to us in the polls? I noticed the #9 team lost a close one so is there any chance my Bobcats could at least gain one rank?

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 16th, 2005, 05:50 PM
The schedulemaker here should be shot in his face. Scheduling a 1-6 or 1-7 D2 team for homecoming. Seventh largest crowd in history wasted on THAT. At least Delta Staten was #6 in D2 when we played them, but come on. Anyways, on to my point. I know that having two D2 teams hurts our strength of schedule and that we can really only afford one loss in conference play to get into the playoffs in my opinion, but what do you think a 75-7 victory over a jv high school football team will do to us in the polls? I noticed the #9 team lost a close one so is there any chance my Bobcats could at least gain one rank?

No chance of us moving up, IMHO. If I were the voters, I'd probably not move us or I would move us down. I agree--it's absolutely shameful to schedule a HORRENDOUS Div. II team for Homecoming. But, just because we beat them by 68 doesn't mean we move up. The only reason we played them to prepare for Nicholls State's offense (as the only reason we played Delta State was to prepare for SELA's offense). Alot of good teams beat other highly-ranked teams this week and they will probably jump over us (which is perfectly fine by me).

We shouldn't be worrying about rankings anyway. It's all about the Ws, baby! We should be worrying about preparing for a damn good NWSt. team. This could decide the conference and, inevitably, our playoff chances.

GO STATE GO!

blackfordpu
October 16th, 2005, 07:36 PM
No chance of us moving up, IMHO. If I were the voters, I'd probably not move us or I would move us down. I agree--it's absolutely shameful to schedule a HORRENDOUS Div. II team for Homecoming. But, just because we beat them by 68 doesn't mean we move up. The only reason we played them to prepare for Nicholls State's offense (as the only reason we played Delta State was to prepare for SELA's offense). Alot of good teams beat other highly-ranked teams this week and they will probably jump over us (which is perfectly fine by me).

We shouldn't be worrying about rankings anyway. It's all about the Ws, baby! We should be worrying about preparing for a damn good NWSt. team. This could decide the conference and, inevitably, our playoff chances.

GO STATE GO!

To be realistic Cats, Nw St. is not that good. Yes they beat us but only 10-6 and we are shaping out to be horrible this season. I think you will win that one.

Dallas Demon
October 16th, 2005, 07:46 PM
To be realistic Cats, Nw St. is not that good. Yes they beat us but only 10-6 and we are shaping out to be horrible this season. I think you will win that one.

Come on, give me a break. Did you not see our defense in your backfield every single play? Your defense played a heck of a game that day, and the loss was at a time when nothing had been decided concerning the conference race so there was still hope for SHSU. After that loss for SHSU, your season was effectively over - so nothing to play for after that. Our offense really started playing well against Southeastern, while our defense did the same to Southeastern that we did against Sam Houston. We'll see if this carries forward against Texas St.

blackfordpu
October 16th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Come on, give me a break. Did you not see our defense in your backfield every single play? Your defense played a heck of a game that day, and the loss was at a time when nothing had been decided concerning the conference race so there was still hope for SHSU. After that loss for SHSU, your season was effectively over - so nothing to play for after that. Our offense really started playing well against Southeastern, while our defense did the same to Southeastern that we did against Sam Houston. We'll see if this carries forward against Texas St.

Hey, you played much better than we did. I expected the score to be higher (on your end). Our coaching stinks, end of story. From what I saw (besides your defense blitzing the hell out of us), Nw St. will be #3 in the SLC this season while we seem to be falling to the bottom.

You are right, unless some miracle happens we are out and maybe win one more game this season. :(