PDA

View Full Version : Furman Televised Games

furman94
July 7th, 2008, 04:47 PM
from furmanpaladins.com ...

Four More Furman Football Games Added To TV Slate
CSS To Carry Mars Hill, Chattanooga, Wofford Games; Colgate Contest To Be Aired Over Time-Warner Of Central New York

July 6, 2008

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- Four more Furman football games will be televised this fall, giving the Paladins a total of six telecasts tor the 2008 campaign, athletics director Dr. Gary Clark announced today.

Furman's season opener against Mars Hill (Aug. 30) will be televised by Comcast/Charter Sports Southeast (CSS). CSS will also air Furman contests against Chattanooga (Sept. 27) and Wofford (Nov. 20). In addition, Colgate has announced that its clash with Furman (Sept. 13) will be televised by Time Warner Sports of Central New York, but plans to carry the contest in the Upstate have yet to be determined.

It was previously announced that two Paladin games will be televised by SportSouth, including clashes against Samford (Nov. 1) and Georgia Southern (Nov. 15).

Kickoff times for the three CSS televised games have been switched. The Mars Hill game has been moved to 7:00 p.m., and kickoff for the Chattanooga contest has been switched to 3:30 p.m. Furman's game at Wofford is now a 12:05 p.m. start.

The "Voice of the Paladins," Chuck Hussion, will call the play-by-play action for the three CSS telecasts, and former Paladin All-American Corey Stewart is slated to deliver color commentary.

CSS, which serves 4.5 million cable subscribers across 11 states, is available in the Upstate over Charter Cable channel 58.

2008 FURMAN FOOTBALL SCHEDULE (All Times Eastern)

Date, Opponent, Location, Kickoff (TV)

08/30/08 vs. Mars Hill GREENVILLE 7:05 p.m. ET (CSS)

09/06/08 at Virginia Tech Blacksburg, Va. 1:30 p.m. ET

09/13/08 at Colgate Hamilton, N.Y. 1:00 p.m. ET (Time Warner/Central New York)

09/20/08 vs. Delaware GREENVILLE 2:00 p.m. ET

09/27/08 vs. Chattanooga GREENVILLE 3:35 p.m. ET (CSS)

10/04/08 at Elon Elon, N.C. 1:30 p.m. ET

10/11/08 vs. Western Carolina * GREENVILLE 2:00 p.m. ET

10/18/08 vs. The Citadel GREENVILLE 2:00 p.m. ET

10/25/08 at Appalachian State Boone, N.C. 3:30 p.m. ET

11/01/08 at Samford Birmingham, Ala. 3:00 p.m. ET (SportSouth)

11/15/08 vs. Georgia Southern GREENVILLE 3:05 p.m. ET (SportSouth)

11/22/08 at Wofford Spartanburg, S.C. 12:05 p.m. ET (CSS)

I'm wondering...

WHERE'S THE APP STATE GAME? 3:30 sounds like TV Time to me!

anywho...

6 games! Not bad, coming off of a 6-5 year!

GO PALADINS! 4 QUARTERS IN 08!

Go...gate
July 7th, 2008, 05:38 PM
I hope Comcast, MSG or SNY picks up the Furman-Colgate game for viewers in the NYC/NJ/Philly areas. I know I'm biased, but it is an intriguing intersectional matchup.

catamount man
July 7th, 2008, 05:43 PM

CSS To Carry Mars Hill, Chattanooga, Wofford Games; Colgate Contest To Be Aired Over Time-Warner Of Central New York

July 6, 2008

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- Four more Furman football games will be televised this fall, giving the Paladins a total of six telecasts tor the 2008 campaign, athletics director Dr. Gary Clark announced today.

Furman's season opener against Mars Hill (Aug. 30) will be televised by Comcast/Charter Sports Southeast (CSS). CSS will also air Furman contests against Chattanooga (Sept. 27) and Wofford (Nov. 20). In addition, Colgate has announced that its clash with Furman (Sept. 13) will be televised by Time Warner Sports of Central New York, but plans to carry the contest in the Upstate have yet to be determined.

It was previously announced that two Paladin games will be televised by SportSouth, including clashes against Samford (Nov. 1) and Georgia Southern (Nov. 15).

Kickoff times for the three CSS televised games have been switched. The Mars Hill game has been moved to 7:00 p.m., and kickoff for the Chattanooga contest has been switched to 3:30 p.m. Furman's game at Wofford is now a 12:05 p.m. start.

The "Voice of the Paladins," Chuck Hussion, will call the play-by-play action for the three CSS telecasts, and former Paladin All-American Corey Stewart is slated to deliver color commentary.

CSS, which serves 4.5 million cable subscribers across 11 states, is available in the Upstate over Charter Cable channel 58.

I'm wondering...

anywho...

Somebody will pick up FU-ASU. If not, I think it would be the 1st time it hasn't been televised since 1999.

Hope WCU-FU will be picked up as well. It's been on tv now for 3 seasons running. Why stop?

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

citdog
July 7th, 2008, 06:30 PM

July 6, 2008

I'm wondering...

anywho...

it's a wonder what

BUYING THE TIME AND PAYING CSS TO TELEVISE THE GAMES WILL DO. NOW IF YOU COULD JUST GET MORE THAN 8500 PEOPLE TO ACTUALLY COME TO ONE OF YOUR FOOTBALL GAMES YOU COULD AFFORD TO PAY CSS TO TELEVISE ALL YOUR GAMES!xrolleyesx

54-51

WVAPPmountaineer
July 7th, 2008, 06:34 PM
I'm wondering...

3:30 is the normal start time for APP home games that are not on TV - I would be surprised if no one picked up the APP-FU game ---

The Cats
July 7th, 2008, 06:44 PM
it's a wonder what

BUYING THE TIME AND PAYING CSS TO TELEVISE THE GAMES WILL DO. NOW IF YOU COULD JUST GET MORE THAN 8500 PEOPLE TO ACTUALLY COME TO ONE OF YOUR FOOTBALL GAMES YOU COULD AFFORD TO PAY CSS TO TELEVISE ALL YOUR GAMES!xrolleyesx

Since you are so obviously comparing the Citadel's home crowds to Furman's home crowds, and by inference boasting of the large number of the Citadel fans in the stands…...
.... Why then aren't all of the Citadel's games televised?

citdog
July 7th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Since you are so obviously comparing the Citadel's home crowds to Furman's home crowds, and by inference boasting of the large number of the Citadel fans in the stands…...

CADETS DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR IT!

NOW IF MORE THAN 5000 CAME TO CULLOWHEExwhistlex xwhistlex

AppState
July 7th, 2008, 06:54 PM

Furman games are pay-per-view, and the school picks up the tab.

LarryBoy
July 7th, 2008, 07:31 PM
"NOW IF YOU COULD JUST GET MORE THAN 8500 PEOPLE TO ACTUALLY COME TO ONE OF YOUR FOOTBALL GAMES"

Couldn't find the 2007 numbers (which were higher), but 2006 numbers:
Furman avg. attendance: 13000
Citadel avg. attendance: 14500

Really smoking us, Bellhops...especially considering your REQUIRED attendance is significantly larger than our entire student body. Yeah, we're really limping along with our 8500 (+4500) people.

furman94
July 7th, 2008, 07:34 PM
If I recall, average attendance in 07 was a little over the 14,000 mark! Don't bother 54-51 Citdog! We'll repay your fine institution in Greenville this year! MARK IT DOWN!

4 QUARTERS IN 08! GO PALADINS!

TheBisonator
July 7th, 2008, 08:54 PM

NDSU regularly sells out its 19,000-seat stadium, and we don't even get all our games televised...

OL FU
July 8th, 2008, 06:46 AM
it's a wonder what

54-51

Did somebody say somethingxconfusedx

OL FU
July 8th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Guys the best way to deal with citdog is to ignore him.

I did that saturday at the bar and he actually started buying me drinks to get me to talk to himxlolx xeyebrowx :o That didn't sound quite rightxlolx

Death Dealer
July 8th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Leave sChITPUP alone, he only gets to do this every five years or so. Let him have his fun.xrolleyesx

See you on the 16th Dog!!xsmiley_wix You still buying the first round?xlolx

Franks Tanks
July 8th, 2008, 08:52 AM
I hope Comcast, MSG or SNY picks up the Furman-Colgate game for viewers in the NYC/NJ/Philly areas. I know I'm biased, but it is an intriguing intersectional matchup.

That is an old school term--love it