PDA

View Full Version : NEW VIDEO!!! Appy State vs. GSU 2004 Highlights!!!

GaSouthern
July 4th, 2008, 04:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nUx5rFgzd0

Hot off the press.

Jerbearasu
July 4th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Tough seeing Teddy Craft in a couple of the plays. I hated hearing about that accident for the whole Ga Southern community.

This game completely sucked for us. I remember listening to it on the Internet feed and pretty much just wanted to throw up the whole day...

GaSouthern
July 4th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Teddy's passing had its 2nd year anniversary this weekend xbawlingx

He is in a better place now though xthumbsupx

FCS_pwns_FBS
July 4th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Countdown 'till this thread ends up in smack...

Reed Rothchild
July 4th, 2008, 10:31 PM
That makes me excited for football!!!

SoCon48
July 5th, 2008, 12:12 AM
JFTR. Yet another thread containing App in the title..started by a non-ASU fan.

SoCon48
July 5th, 2008, 12:12 AM

Hot off the press.

Congrats on slaughtering Jerry Moore's young App team in the 2nd worst season of his ASU coaching career in Statesboro. 54-7. Still stings.
App took the next 2 before dropping last year's. Just in case there's anyone who didn't know that.

phillyAPP
July 5th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Congrats on slaughtering Jerry Moore's young App team in the 2nd worst season of his ASU coaching career in Statesboro. 54-7. Still stings.
App took the next 2 before dropping last year's. Just in case there's anyone who didn't know that.

Congrats to the GSU HISTORY..... Its a great PAST...... Enjoy it..... We do also...... Living in the PRESENT is AWESOME !!!!!!......... 3 Peat.......See Ya Oct 18 !!!!!!!!!

I really do mean congrats..... GSU earned ALL their history !!!!!!!!!!

appstate38
July 5th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Sad part is, that when I watch that video I see many of the same players responsible for those title runs getting manhandle by those Eagles. Just hated that we got to be on the wrong end of a beat down.

Jerbearasu
July 5th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Sad part is, that when I watch that video I see many of the same players responsible for those title runs getting manhandle by those Eagles. Just hated that we got to be on the wrong end of a beat down.

04 was a pretty significant rebuilding year for us though. There was a lot of internal turmoil to begin the season where something like 15 players were kicked off the team before the season began for various reasons. This was the first year that we were in a spread option attack so the offense was very green to the no huddle idea. Mayfield was playing LB and not WR. Jason Hunter and Corey Lynch weren't around this year. Touchstone and Woahzeah were true freshman. This was also before the emergence of KR. So while a lot of the same players were on this team it wasn't the same team at all. The only player I was really disappointed in with this game was Richie Williams... He had a horrendous day. I think it was actually his worst statistical day as a Mountaineer. The TD we scored I think was led with True Freshman, Trey Elder, at the helm.

One thing I noticed is Murrell was flying all around the field. He seemed to be around on every play even the ones 20 yards down the field. It seemed like the rest of the defense was playing touch football though. And then there was Jayson Foster doing what he does...

furman94
July 5th, 2008, 09:29 AM

Hot off the press.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP2Svnfmmp0 xthumbsupx

FCS_pwns_FBS
July 5th, 2008, 09:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP2Svnfmmp0 xthumbsupx

That title should say "Georgia southern beats Georgia Southern"
xbangx xoopsx

proasu89
July 5th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Countdown 'till this thread ends up in smack...

No smack needed. You just flat kicked our butts. Was very painful to watchxsmhx

furman94
July 5th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Sorry, Sounds like a personal problem to me!

jk

furman94
July 5th, 2008, 09:44 AM
That title should say "Georgia southern beats Georgia Southern"
xbangx xoopsx

Sounds like a personal problem to me! xsmiley_wix xwhistlex

:D

GaSouthern
July 5th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Mr Furman Fan, you should like my video, it lacks secular music! :)

blueballs
July 5th, 2008, 04:06 PM
04 was a pretty significant rebuilding year for us though. There was a lot of internal turmoil to begin the season where something like 15 players were kicked off the team before the season began for various reasons. This was the first year that we were in a spread option attack so the offense was very green to the no huddle idea. Mayfield was playing LB and not WR. Jason Hunter and Corey Lynch weren't around this year. Touchstone and Woahzeah were true freshman. This was also before the emergence of KR. So while a lot of the same players were on this team it wasn't the same team at all. The only player I was really disappointed in with this game was Richie Williams... He had a horrendous day. I think it was actually his worst statistical day as a Mountaineer. The TD we scored I think was led with True Freshman, Trey Elder, at the helm.

One thing I noticed is Murrell was flying all around the field. He seemed to be around on every play even the ones 20 yards down the field. It seemed like the rest of the defense was playing touch football though. And then there was Jayson Foster doing what he does...

I remember sitting there watching the SR laden GSU team just dismantle the Mountaineers as evidenced in the video thinking three things:

a) that I thought that 2004 GSU team was absolutely loaded, w/o any significant weakness, and was on a march toward the NC,

b) that Jerry Moore had lost his mind with the change in offensive scheme,

c) that Coach Moore wasn't long for ASU and it was sad to see the rivalry come to this- although not nearly as sad as if my team had been on the wrong end of the score.

Fast forward 14 months... ASU is hoisting the trophy in Chatty, Mike Sewak is fired at GSU and the spread option is now all the rage while the triple option that was GSU's bread and butter in advancing to 8 NC games in 20 years was gone forever.

Just goes to show that you never think you're too good and you never give up because you never know what's just around the corner.

appstate38
July 5th, 2008, 04:47 PM
All I know is I don't think we ever put a beat down on the Eagles the way they did us on that Saturday. What's really sad is that the nucleus of that 04 team was the driving force for the 05 championship. What a difference a year makes. I would have to agree with Blueballs!

furman94
July 5th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Mr Furman Fan, you should like my video, it lacks secular music! :)

Where did that come from? I noticed it too! lolxsmiley_wix

GreatAppSt
July 5th, 2008, 09:16 PM
And y'all fired the coach that brought you that slaughter of a win for a big time hired gun, remember? http://3rdsaturdayinblogtober.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/saban-vangorder.jpg

Jerbearasu
July 5th, 2008, 10:06 PM
I remember sitting there watching the SR laden GSU team just dismantle the Mountaineers as evidenced in the video thinking three things:

a) that I thought that 2004 GSU team was absolutely loaded, w/o any significant weakness, and was on a march toward the NC,

b) that Jerry Moore had lost his mind with the change in offensive scheme,

c) that Coach Moore wasn't long for ASU and it was sad to see the rivalry come to this- although not nearly as sad as if my team had been on the wrong end of the score.

Fast forward 14 months... ASU is hoisting the trophy in Chatty, Mike Sewak is fired at GSU and the spread option is now all the rage while the triple option that was GSU's bread and butter in advancing to 8 NC games in 20 years was gone forever.

Just goes to show that you never think you're too good and you never give up because you never know what's just around the corner.

I honestly never questioned the change in style. Granted this was coming out of the I-Form that we used to run with Rob Best at the helm. I just really hated the conservative calling that we had when Best was the OC especially with all of the playmakers that we had in the 00-03 years. It was really predictable after watching about a half a game what the next call was going to be...

That said, I never thought (especially after watching the 04 season) that we would ever develop a running game out of the attack. Atwater just never fit the system but I thought it was going to be a complete air it out offense which I wasn't too upset about because I thought Richie could handle that.

Davon Fowlkes just had a killer year in 04 and I never really thought he was the most talented WR that was with us over those years. I still think Albea, Layton, and Hayward were all more skilled but Davon was lucky that he was able to transition over this new offense...

GaSouthern
July 6th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Where did that come from? I noticed it too! lolxsmiley_wix

Just trying to keep the peace! I have no smack for Furman this year, I try not to think about the last time we played xbawlingx

appstate38
July 6th, 2008, 10:06 PM
I can't remember completely but I believe the Apps were unbeaten at home and didn't win a single road game in 04. I think that was a first for them.

SoCon48
July 6th, 2008, 10:20 PM
I just hope to goodness that we App fans aren't having to resort to posting 4 year old videos for our glory in 2012!

GaSouthern
July 7th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I just hope to goodness that we App fans aren't having to resort to posting 4 year old videos for our glory in 2012!

Good thing GSU does not have that problem either...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdkjZrFo1as

xthumbsupx

blueballs
July 7th, 2008, 10:36 AM

You will and it will be sooner than that. All your wins and championships are precious, just as GSU's are.

Rekdiver
July 7th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Live for the moment because one day we will be reduced to watching the Classic Channel like the GSU Fans or Furman fans and God forbid the Notre Dame Fans saying "I remember when........"BUT for now we are the "King of the Hill" and they aint!!

SoCon48
July 7th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Good thing GSU does not have that problem either...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdkjZrFo1as

xthumbsupx

Must have made for some great Saturday afternoon viewing 4 Saturdays in Nov and December.xcoolx

SoCon48
July 7th, 2008, 11:45 AM
You will and it will be sooner than that. All your wins and championships are precious, just as GSU's are.

Could be, but I've enjoyed the extra 12 Saturdays we played the past three years. Doubt they will be the last. Maybe not this year, but who knows.

Dreading the trip to Statesboro.

Eaglesrus
July 7th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Could be, but I've enjoyed the extra 12 Saturdays we played the past three years. Doubt they will be the last. Maybe not this year, but who knows.

Dreading the trip to Statesboro.

I'm sort of dreading your visit, too, but only from the standpoint of my concern that the relatively small contingent of idiots among our fans will do some obnoxious things and tarnish our reputation even more. On the other hand, I hope that won't happen and you'll enjoy everything about the experience except having to lug home the L (loss? lose? Loose?).

SoCon48
July 7th, 2008, 01:19 PM
the relatively small contingent of idiots among our fans will do some obnoxious things and tarnish our reputation even more

Oh, we have idiots who can take care of them when they come to Boone. I'm worried about the 11 on the field. Not idiots, players.

FCS_pwns_FBS
July 7th, 2008, 01:33 PM
the relatively small contingent of idiots among our fans will do some obnoxious things and tarnish our reputation even more

Oh, we have idiots who can take care of them when they come to Boone. I'm worried about the 11 on the field. Not idiots, players.

The problem is, in KBS, and for that matter pretty much any stadium in DI, the students do not sit behind the opposing team's bench and next to the visitor's section.

GaSouthern
July 7th, 2008, 04:17 PM
I've never been to KBS but I can't wait to see it after all of the expansions get completed!

mrklean
July 7th, 2008, 05:13 PM
We were so loaded that Year. Its a damn shame!

citdog
July 7th, 2008, 05:35 PM
We were so loaded that Year. Its a damn shame!

now.....

YOU SUCK AGAIN!

even with the qb who enjoys "hangin out for ho's"

GaSouthern
July 7th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Well, we beat cITADEL so what does that make you?