PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat Nation hacked

CopperCat
July 4th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Message from BN.com:

"Welcome to the extremely rushed new home of Bobcatnation.

Sometime during the night of July 2nd or early morning of July 3rd, BobcatNation was hacked.
Our account with our hosting provider was terminated, the site completely shut off and we have
had to request access to our data.

Please rest assured that we are doing everything possible to get BobcatNation back up and
available. This new home is the first step for that, as soon as we are able to recover our
data from the previous host our first priority will be restoring the message boards.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to be back up and chatting with our loyal users
as soon as possible.

Kevin, Brad and Randy
The BobcatNation Team"

I have one question: WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx

Whoever the d-bag was who did that would have a few teeth missing teeth if anybody from MSU's fanbase found them.

hebmskebm
July 4th, 2008, 02:06 PM
*goes to check the Griz roster for computer programming majors* xlolx xlolx xlolx

griz37
July 4th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Chris from Egriz has set up a temporary forum on Egriz.com for Bobcatnation.com members. Montanans stick together. xthumbsupx

CrazyCat
July 4th, 2008, 02:11 PM
I think it was someone who just wanted to see the end of the Kramer thread. :D

CrazyCat
July 4th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Chris from Egriz has set up a temporary forum on Egriz.com for Bobcatnation.com members. Montanans stick together. xthumbsupx

That was a totally cool thing to do, thanks egriz.xthumbsupx

Ronbo
July 4th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Message from BN.com:

Sometime during the night of July 2nd or early morning of July 3rd, BobcatNation was hacked.
Our account with our hosting provider was terminated, the site completely shut off and we have

Please rest assured that we are doing everything possible to get BobcatNation back up and
available. This new home is the first step for that, as soon as we are able to recover our
data from the previous host our first priority will be restoring the message boards.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to be back up and chatting with our loyal users
as soon as possible.

Kevin, Brad and Randy
The BobcatNation Team"

Whoever the d-bag was who did that would have a few teeth missing teeth if anybody from MSU's fanbase found them.

The Russians have some notorious message board hackers. They love to take a site down. I think they have contests with bets.

Russia's reputation as home to some of the world's most gifted and devious hackers was underscored last month when Microsoft Corp. disclosed that passwords used to access its coveted source code had been sent from the company network to an e-mail address in St. Petersburg.

It is by no means clear whether a Russian was behind the break-in -- that e-mail account could have been managed remotely. But that doesn't stop Russian hackers -- "khakeri," or "vzlomshchiki (house-breakers)" -- from puffing out their chests at such exploits.

In a recent poll on a hacker-oriented Web site, 82 percent said Russia had the world's best hackers; only 5 percent said Americans were better.

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/TECH/computing/11/20/russia.hackers.ap/index.html

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/security/0,1000000189,39193999,00.htm

Grizzaholic
July 5th, 2008, 12:21 AM
I think it was someone who just wanted to see the end of the Kramer thread. :D

That could very well be a possibility.

On a serious note. It sucks that that happened. I hope that BN has a database of past threads. Lots of info on BN that could be lost if not backed up somewhere.

SoCon48
July 5th, 2008, 12:48 AM
Message from BN.com:

xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

Careful with the threats and the use of the term "anybody from MSU's fanbase." Rumor is, it's not your stereotypical adholescent nerd. It's possibly a former University of Montana lineman who did the dastardly deed. He weighs in 320 and is 6'7." Known to carry an AK-47 with a hairtrigger. Chronic steroid user with a nasty meth addiction.
Already has teeth missing from entertaining bar room patrons by catching 9mm rounds between his teeth.
Known in certain circles as Rambo on Roids. Wanted on a dozen felony charges for various violent crimes.

Grizzaholic
July 5th, 2008, 12:52 AM

Careful with the threats and the use of the term "anybody from MSU's fanbase." Rumor is, it's not your stereotypical adholescent nerd. It's possibly a former University of Montana lineman who did the dastardly deed. He weighs in 320 and is 6'7." Known to carry an AK-47 with a hairtrigger. Chronic steroid user with a nasty meth addiction.
Already has teeth missing from entertaining bar room patrons by catching 9mm rounds between his teeth.
Known in certain circles as Rambo on Roids. Wanted on a dozen felony charges for various violent crimes.

Ronbo?

Tealblood
July 5th, 2008, 10:19 AM
I don't understand how you can derive pleasure by efing up somebody's stuff for no reason

SiouxFallsJack
July 5th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Ronbo?

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Mountain Panther
July 5th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Message from BN.com:

as soon as possible.

Kevin, Brad and Randy
The BobcatNation Team"

You guys have internet in Montana????? ;)

So does your post count go back to zero?

CopperCat
July 5th, 2008, 04:17 PM

Go piss in someone else's cornflakes Francis.

CatFan22
July 5th, 2008, 04:18 PM
You guys have internet in Montana????? ;)

So does your post count go back to zero?

When they had the message board "up" after it happened everything was reverted back to the early part of February. So all post and users that signed up after that were not there.

SoCon48
July 6th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Go piss in someone else's cornflakes Francis.

You didn't have to eat the damn things, Shirley!xrolleyesx

SoCon48
July 6th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Ronbo?

Prime suspect!

Grizalltheway
July 6th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Dick move by whoever it was. xmadx

Appaholic
July 6th, 2008, 10:52 PM
FTG'06.....you are now authorized to bomb Russia at will......just in case.....

bench
July 6th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Weirdest thing just happened - I just had a Firefox prompt pop up saying something to the effect that Bobcat Nation requires me to enter my username and password. I've never even been to Bobcat Nation, so what the hell was that all about?

APPALACHIANstate
July 6th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Weirdest thing just happened - I just had a Firefox prompt pop up saying something to the effect that Bobcat Nation requires me to enter my username and password. I've never even been to Bobcat Nation, so what the hell was that all about?

Same here!

CatFan22
July 7th, 2008, 12:13 AM

It's probably a login for the mods and important people trying to fix the site. It's not for regular users.

bench
July 7th, 2008, 10:35 AM
It's probably a login for the mods and important people trying to fix the site. It's not for regular users.
But I wasn't at Bobcat Nation, I was here at AGS.

GreatAppSt
July 7th, 2008, 10:58 AM
I'm sending bad karma the hackers way today!xmadx

SoCon48
July 7th, 2008, 11:46 AM

It's the Rambo guy.

GOKATS
July 7th, 2008, 12:52 PM

I use IE and I just received a popup while on AGS. I'm a regular on Bobcat Nation and don't have a clue what that was all about- I clicked 'cancel'.

I hope the same 'hacker' isn't targeting AGS.

Grizzaholic
July 7th, 2008, 02:49 PM
I use IE and I just received a popup while on AGS. I'm a regular on Bobcat Nation and don't have a clue what that was all about- I clicked 'cancel'.

IE.......SE coincidence???

GOKATS
July 7th, 2008, 03:09 PM
IE.......SE coincidence???

Huh?

IE= Internet Explorer.

Grizzaholic
July 7th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Sorry. I misread your post. I must be retarted today.

cats2506
July 7th, 2008, 03:24 PM

I wonder If sombody didnt have an image that was linked to BN.

also I see this now

***BobcatNation.com STATUS UPDATE***

As many may be aware, BobcatNation was hacked early on the morning of July 3rd. Due to this, we have been forced to change webhosts and essentially relaunch BobcatNation and all of its parts.

At this time we have recoverd all of the data from our previous host and are in the process of rebuilding the site. As we have said, our top priority remains getting the BobcatNation message boards back up and functional. We believe we are about a day away from reopening the message boards for all of our users to once again chat about all things Bobcat and otherwise.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank everyone who has offered assistance during our down time. Getting everything back up and running will take some time, but please know that we are doing everything that we can to bring all of our loyal users an even better BobcatNation.

Kevin, Brad and Randy

Ronbo
July 7th, 2008, 03:32 PM

That's very interesting. I picked up a very vicious spyware popup program this weekend while on AGS. It started with a full screen popup while I was browsing here, when I closed that popup a fake alert from Microsoft came up saying my computer was infected and I needed to run a check. I knew it was fake because it was in a browser not the familiar windows alert format. I'm waiting for my spyware program to update to delete this popup spyware. As of today it doesn't yet recognize it.

Syntax Error
July 7th, 2008, 03:38 PM
That's very interesting. I picked up a very vicious spyware popup program this weekend while on AGS. It started with a full screen popup while I was browsing here, when I closed that popup a fake alert from Microsoft came up saying my computer was infected and I needed to run a check. I knew it was fake because it was in a browser not the familiar windows alert format. I'm waiting for my spyware program to update to delete this popup spyware. As of today it doesn't yet recognize it.External links are always IFFY. Especially those not having to do with football.

GOKATS
July 8th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Just an update- the mods are trying to get Bobcat Nation back up and running by tonight or tomorrow morning. They retrieved all of the data and since the system was down anyway they completed the software upgrade they've been working on. The mods contacted a few of us this morning to visit the site and test things out so they can work out any glitches before they go public.

saccat
July 8th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Just an update- the mods are trying to get Bobcat Nation back up and running by tonight or tomorrow morning. They retrieved all of the data and since the system was down anyway they completed the software upgrade they've been working on. The mods contacted a few of us this morning to visit the site and test things out so they can work out any glitches before they go public.

Don't I feel special today...Didn't contact me.:(

CatFan22
July 8th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Don't I feel special today...Didn't contact me.:(

Me either. :(
Guess my 2nd place in posts behind the mods means nothing. ;)

GOKATS
July 8th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Me either. :(
Guess my 2nd place in posts behind the mods means nothing. ;)

I don't know how they decided who to contact as testers, but it was apparently just a few- I think maybe 5 or 6 of us have posted at some time today. They just want to make sure any glitches are worked out so they don't have to shut down once it's back up and running- so far the glitches have been very minor and kmax is working on them. He's also constructing the site with the upgrade while the testing is going on and he has a 'real life' and a job, I know the three of them are doing everything they can to get BN up and running as soon as possible- great guys!!

GOKATS
July 9th, 2008, 10:48 AM
The mods are still working on it, but Bobcat Nation is up and running.xthumbsupx

SoCon48
July 9th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Sorry. I misread your post. I must be retarted today.

retarted. xnodx