PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Appalachian

GSU Eagle
October 15th, 2005, 08:42 PM
You guys certainly deserved the win today. The Eagles were outplayed in every phase of the game. Our defense made Appalachian punt I believe 1 time all game. The reality is our defense is just not very good. Williams has developed into a good quarterback as he can pass accurately (which obviously our quarterback can't) and he actually ran the option today better than Foster did.

This is just a down year for us. I see us as a longshot for the playoffs now even if we win out and finish 8-3.

If App. can win out other than the LSU game there is no question ASU will make the playoffs at 8-3, with 2 1A losses. From what I saw today I could see Appalachian making some real noise in the playoffs.

The secret to beating GSU this year is pretty obvious. Stack the line of scrimmage and just leave 1-on-1 coverage on any receivers (you could probably get by with not covering them at all) and bring blitzers up the middle alot. If you can get ahead by 10-14 over us the game is practically over.

I know there will be some more heat put on Sewak now. It will be interesting to see how the rest of this year turns out for us.

Here is what Sewak's last 3 years look like:
2004- 7-4 no playoffs
2005- 9-2 Lose in 1st round at home to New Hampshire
2006- ??? Even at 8-3 there is a good chance of no playoffs

At most schools his performance may be considered outstanding but here at GSU the heat is really starting to mount against him.

JMU Duke Dog
October 15th, 2005, 08:43 PM
(you could probably get by with not covering them at all)

:eek:

SoCon48
October 17th, 2005, 06:24 AM
You guys certainly deserved the win today. The Eagles were outplayed in every phase of the game. Our defense made Appalachian punt I believe 1 time all game. The reality is our defense is just not very good. Williams has developed into a good quarterback as he can pass accurately (which obviously our quarterback can't) and he actually ran the option today better than Foster did.

This is just a down year for us. I see us as a longshot for the playoffs now even if we win out and finish 8-3.

If App. can win out other than the LSU game there is no question ASU will make the playoffs at 8-3, with 2 1A losses. From what I saw today I could see Appalachian making some real noise in the playoffs.

The secret to beating GSU this year is pretty obvious. Stack the line of scrimmage and just leave 1-on-1 coverage on any receivers (you could probably get by with not covering them at all) and bring blitzers up the middle alot. If you can get ahead by 10-14 over us the game is practically over.

I know there will be some more heat put on Sewak now. It will be interesting to see how the rest of this year turns out for us.

Here is what Sewak's last 3 years look like:
2004- 7-4 no playoffs
2005- 9-2 Lose in 1st round at home to New Hampshire
2006- ??? Even at 8-3 there is a good chance of no playoffs

At most schools his performance may be considered outstanding but here at GSU the heat is really starting to mount against him.

7-4 no play-offs
9-2 first round loss.

It would certainly be considered good enough, but not so sure how many would consider it "outstanding".

ASU has had only one losing season in almost 20 years, and still many are calling for the coach's head. Not sure who that reflects on, though.