PDA

View Full Version : 2008 polls

Boone4280
July 2nd, 2008, 12:39 PM
Has there been any release of the 2008 FCS polls yet? Better yet, why dont we all rate our top ten? (ill let someone else start this off with ASU first, so i dont get crap for it)

danefan
July 2nd, 2008, 12:42 PM
Link to the polls and rankings already released.

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=91834

Boone4280
July 2nd, 2008, 12:46 PM
ha, alright case closed then.

UNHWildCats
July 2nd, 2008, 08:34 PM
Has there been any release of the 2008 FCS polls yet? Better yet, why dont we all rate our top ten? (ill let someone else start this off with ASU first, so i dont get crap for it)
Begin posting more and you can be eligible to vote in the AGS poll in 2009.

appfan2008
July 3rd, 2008, 09:27 AM
the polls look pretty similar but the biggest constant i see is how amazing that september matchup in harrisonburg is going to be

JMUSaxMRD
July 3rd, 2008, 10:01 AM
the polls look pretty similar but the biggest constant i see is how amazing that september matchup in harrisonburg is going to be

Quoted for truth!

g-webb1994
July 3rd, 2008, 11:51 AM
Until the Ivy League nuts up and allows their teams to be playoff eligible, they shouldn't be in any rankings.

FCS Go!
July 3rd, 2008, 12:00 PM
Until the Ivy League nuts up and allows their teams to be playoff eligible, they shouldn't be in any rankings.

Ivy League teams in the playoffs would help the rest of FCS but would do nothing for the Ivies. Their exclusivity is a big part of their appeal. They should be included in the rankings just like the SWAC. The problem with ranking the Ivies is that Ivy League teams rarely warrant a top 25 vote.

carney2
July 3rd, 2008, 03:45 PM
Ivy League teams in the playoffs would help the rest of FCS but would do nothing for the Ivies. Their exclusivity is a big part of their appeal. They should be included in the rankings just like the SWAC. The problem with ranking the Ivies is that Ivy League teams rarely warrant a top 25 vote.

I'm not sure that I agree, but even if I did, we can expect Ivy teams, particularly Harvard and Princeton, to loom ever larger on FCS radar screens in future years.

lizrdgizrd
July 3rd, 2008, 04:06 PM
I'm not sure that I agree, but even if I did, we can expect Ivy teams, particularly Harvard and Princeton, to loom ever larger on FCS radar screens in future years.
Now if they'd just play some top FCS team we could tell if they were as good as the hype. xcoffeex

EKU05
July 4th, 2008, 10:26 AM

This isn't the official playoff standings or anything...they're polls of the top teams that play football in the Champioship Subdivision. Any team that plays deserves consideration.