PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to App State

ButlerGSU
October 15th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Clearly they were the more prepared team today. I have to question Coach Sewaks calls in the second half. What kind of coach runs out the clock while down by three scores?

I look for heads to roll at GSU, starting with Sam Baker...

SoCon48
October 17th, 2005, 06:26 AM
Clearly they were the more prepared team today. I have to question Coach Sewaks calls in the second half. What kind of coach runs out the clock while down by three scores?

I look for heads to roll at GSU, starting with Sam Baker...

"What kind of coach runs out the clock while down by three scores?"

Actually App State had the ball the last 6 minutes and 18 seconds. Ran out the clock on the GSU 12. GSU had used all their TO's.

SuperEagle
October 17th, 2005, 08:02 AM

Actually App State had the ball the last 6 minutes and 18 seconds. Ran out the clock on the GSU 12. GSU had used all their TO's.
I think he's referring to the fact that gsu (even without their top receiver)
refused to even try and pass it. Even down 3 scores our offense stayed predictible.
I would have to agree that App was the superior team on Saturday and deserves to be congratulated.

eaglesrthe1
October 17th, 2005, 08:18 AM

He's referring to the GSU version of the 2 minute offense. Down by 17 in the 4th qtr, GSU goes on a 12 play 55 yd drive that consumes 5 minutes on their only possession in the last period. Ends on the ASU 8. That was fresh on the heels of their previous possession, a magnificent 15 play 69 yd drive that consumed over 6 minutes late in the third qtr, when the Eagles were down by 24. :rolleyes: I think that one pass was thrown in those 27 plays. :mad:

AppGuy04
October 17th, 2005, 08:45 AM
They only attempted 4 passes all game, completed 2 for 24 yards and 1 pick, not a good percentage

But yes, I made the same comment to my buddies "Who the hell runs the ball when they are down 17 in the 4th quarter?" Their response "Georgia ****in Southern"

I would have atleast liked to see an attempt at coming back

blueballs
October 17th, 2005, 09:55 AM

So would we...

SoCon48
October 17th, 2005, 11:31 AM
refused to even try and pass it. Even down 3 scores our offense stayed predictible.
I would have to agree that App was the superior team on Saturday and deserves to be congratulated.

Only thing, ASU's pass defense is far superior to its run defense. Very surprised ASU was able to keep GSU's run game out of the endzone as much.

I'm sure Lynch felt gyped out of getting more chances at an interception. The sophomore starting in place of Dingle had the interception.

Appdad
October 18th, 2005, 09:40 AM

Let us know if coach says anything about his strategy on his shows or in the paper. So many times there is a clear reason for strategy that only is revealed later.

SoCon48
October 18th, 2005, 11:28 AM
They only attempted 4 passes all game, completed 2 for 24 yards and 1 pick, not a good percentage

But yes, I made the same comment to my buddies "Who the hell runs the ball when they are down 17 in the 4th quarter?" Their response "Georgia ****in Southern"

You're right, ASU was praying Sewak WOULD pass more. :D (except at the goal line).

As to the clock, Sewak didn't have a choice the last 6:28. Richie did a good job keeping possession.

SoCon48
October 18th, 2005, 11:31 AM

You're right, ASU was praying Sewak WOULD pass more. :D (except at the goal line). A pass into the flats would have belonged to Lynch. He's gotta be real hungry. And a QB in the pocket would have been smothered by Murrell and Hunter. Not sure an option pass would have worked much better.

As to the clock, Sewak didn't have a choice the last 6:28. Richie did a good job keeping possession.