PDA

View Full Version : Tx State game thread

TxSt02
October 15th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Tx State up 35-0 with 14:13 left in the 2nd quarter...

Tod
October 15th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Who are they playing?

TxSt02
October 15th, 2005, 06:50 PM
41-0

blocked punt for TD

TxSt02
October 15th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Who are they playing?

Panhandle State

lugo02
October 15th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Who are they playing?
Good Question

TxSt02
October 15th, 2005, 06:57 PM
44-0 field goal good

8:01 left in second...

this is just sad...

Tod
October 15th, 2005, 06:58 PM
A two point FG?

lugo02
October 15th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Panhandle State
Never heard of them.
What conference/division do they play in?
Which Panhandle are they from? Texas? Florida?

TxSt02
October 15th, 2005, 07:04 PM
A two point FG?

I knew that was coming... missed the XP earlier...

TxSt02
October 15th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Never heard of them.
What conference/division do they play in?
Which Panhandle are they from? Texas? Florida?

Their formal name is Oklahoma Panhandle State U. but go by Panhandle State

They are DII and independent

TxSt02
October 15th, 2005, 07:11 PM
47-0

48 secs left in the first half...

lugo02
October 15th, 2005, 07:19 PM
I think it's time for a team to step up to the plate and score a century.

TxSt02
October 15th, 2005, 07:23 PM
I think it's time for a team to step up to the plate and score a century.

This game is just sad...

We have already put guys in that I have never heard of!

We have a receiver in the game that just joined the team this year! Sloan Thomas's (of the the Titans) younger brother...

TxSt02
October 15th, 2005, 07:46 PM
54-0

10:40 left in the 3rd

TxSt02
October 15th, 2005, 08:08 PM
61-0 interception run in for td

:30 left in 3rd...

TxSt02
October 15th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Panhandle State just got their 3rd first down of the night but it didnt happen until the 4th quarter...

TxSt02
October 15th, 2005, 08:21 PM
they drove done and scored... 61-7 :( :mad:

TxSt02
October 15th, 2005, 08:22 PM
just scored a long td on a run

68-7 11 something left in the game...

TxSt02
October 15th, 2005, 08:33 PM
75-7 about half of the 4th qtr left...

TxSt02
October 15th, 2005, 08:36 PM
just recovered a fumble on psu 16 yard line...

TxSt02
October 15th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Coach Bailiff is a class act

took a knee on 3rd and 4th down...

4-5 minutes left

X-Factor
October 15th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Coach Bailiff is a class act

took a knee on 3rd and 4th down...

4-5 minutes left

++

Did you guys have trouble scheduling for this year, or why the DII mid-season?

TxSt02
October 15th, 2005, 08:49 PM
++

We had Kentucky and aTm back to back on the schedule this year but moved Kentucky to next year. Hence the Idaho State game this year...

We dont want to be like Sam Houston and play all these body bag games...

But look we are now 5-1!!!

TexasTerror
October 15th, 2005, 08:52 PM
We dont want to be like Sam Houston and play all these body bag games...

Get over yourself...we had legit problems scheduling as you guys very well know...

TxSt02
October 15th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Get over yourself...we had legit problems scheduling as you guys very well know...

And you guys have problems scheduling for next year as well?

Texas and SMU on the schedule. I heard rumors of Rice as well on your board...

You dont have scheduling problems two years in a row... Sounds like budget problems to me!

We will take our health and our victories!

Seriously though is this just Whitten wanting to play with the big boys??? Thats what I have gathered... I just woundnt have seen RR doing this. You think this is the case?

txstatebobcat
October 15th, 2005, 09:38 PM
++

Apparently our coach, David Bailiff, went and got advice from both the SIU and James Madison coaches on how to schedule for building up a program. We basically moved the U of Kentucky game that would have been played this Saturday on the original schedule to 2006. Coach Bailiff rescheduled for two reasons. One: to teach a team that has had 3 winning seasons in 21 years how to win (6-5 in 90,7-4 in 91 and 7-4 in 2000). Two: give our starters a rest and a chance to nurse minor injuries before facing the SLC preseason favorite (Northwestern State). Another cool thing that our announcers mentioned, is that when we trade tapes with NSU, all that the Demons' coaches and players will see are our 2nd,3rd, and 4th teamers going up the middle for three quarters of the game. Same thing with defense. I'm not sure how much this will help the bobcats, but it certainly can't hurt.

blackfordpu
October 15th, 2005, 09:54 PM
And you guys have problems scheduling for next year as well?

Texas and SMU on the schedule. I heard rumors of Rice as well on your board...

You dont have scheduling problems two years in a row... Sounds like budget problems to me!

We will take our health and our victories!

Seriously though is this just Whitten wanting to play with the big boys??? Thats what I have gathered... I just woundnt have seen RR doing this. You think this is the case?

I don't give a ***** what TW wants, he sucks!

Dallas Demon
October 15th, 2005, 10:36 PM
Apparently our coach, David Bailiff, went and got advice from both the SIU and James Madison coaches on how to schedule for building up a program. We basically moved the U of Kentucky game that would have been played this Saturday on the original schedule to 2006. Coach Bailiff rescheduled for two reasons. One: to teach a team that has had 3 winning seasons in 21 years how to win (6-5 in 90,7-4 in 91 and 7-4 in 2000). Two: give our starters a rest and a chance to nurse minor injuries before facing the SLC preseason favorite (Northwestern State). Another cool thing that our announcers mentioned, is that when we trade tapes with NSU, all that the Demons' coaches and players will see are our 2nd,3rd, and 4th teamers going up the middle for three quarters of the game. Same thing with defense. I'm not sure how much this will help the bobcats, but it certainly can't hurt.

Regarding the tape exchange, is it true that only the last game played is the one actually exchanged? I'm sure there is a possibility that the teams can identify the actual game they would like supplied. Otherwise this definitely appears to be a bit unfair in circumstances such as this.

A long term issue for TxST given that they are playing two (2) Division II schools this year, is that the Bobcats can likely lose only one more game and still qualify for the playoffs. This assumes of course they don't get the automatic SLC bid. Teaching them to win this way has some risks associated with it. Then again, I believe your coach is a good one and may have the recipe for success down at this point in the season. But there's lots of SLC action to go.

txstatebobcat
October 15th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Regarding the tape exchange, is it true that only the last game played is the one actually exchanged? I'm sure there is a possibility that the teams can identify the actual game they would like supplied. Otherwise this definitely appears to be a bit unfair in circumstances such as this.

I'm not sure. Either way this is the exact same offense as last year, and I'm sure the NSU coaches have tapes of those games. The only difference between this year's offense and last year's is that we execute better this season. As far as it being unfair, well, its part of football. Its planning ahead so that you use your schedule to work for you instead of against. Again, I'm not sure how much of an advantage thats going to be since the NSU coaches pretty familiar with our offense anyway.