PDA

View Full Version : Three FCS Opponents for Buffalo

TexasTerror
June 30th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Gardner Webb, Rhode Island and Stony Brook are all on tap for Buffalo...

If you ask me, I'd like to see two of the three teams (if not a full sweep) beat the Bulls! It's very likely, especially if UB's head coach leaves town... ;)

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=ub-completes-football-schedule-with-fcs-&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Mountain Panther
June 30th, 2008, 09:02 PM
No disrespect to my FCS brethren but Buffalo must be desperate to get out of the cellar.

Cobblestone
June 30th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Rhode Island (2010)

Thanks for posting this link. I knew we had a game with them but I wasn't sure what year.

Go...gate
July 1st, 2008, 08:09 AM
One of those games replaces Colgate. xsmhx

Grizalltheway
July 1st, 2008, 08:37 AM
No disrespect to my FCS brethren but Buffalo must be desperate to get out of the cellar.

Very desperate. xnodx

Libertine
July 1st, 2008, 01:23 PM
Buffalo actually did relatively well last year (operative word being relatively) and finished 5-7, good for 3rd in the MAC East and one win shy of being bowl-eligible. That was without playing any I-AA's.

Interesting fact: outside of an ill-fated trip to Bozeman in '03, Gardner-Webb has never played a game north of the Mason-Dixon line.

g-webb1994
July 1st, 2008, 01:43 PM
Interesting fact: outside of an ill-fated trip to Bozeman in '03, Gardner-Webb has never played a game north of the Mason-Dixon line.

xnonox

November, 2000: Durham, NH

G-W 38
UNH 35

UNH was ranked at the time, and it was one of the first 'big' games that Gardner-Webb played after their move up from D-2.
xsmiley_wix

TexasTerror
July 1st, 2008, 03:09 PM
Is Gardner-Webb coming to SHSU in 2009 or 2010? SHSU already has NDSU, WIU and three SLC schools visiting in 2009...perhaps it's 2010?

MplsBison
July 1st, 2008, 03:11 PM
NDSU is not coming to SHSU in 2009.

So it looks like you guys have an opening.

onbison09
July 1st, 2008, 04:18 PM

Is that official or are you just speculating again? We haven't bought out of a game ever and if there was one to buy out of it was Mississippi Valley State last year. If I had to bet money I would say we are playing the Kats.

TheBisonator
July 1st, 2008, 04:39 PM

SHUT

THE HELL

UP

TexasTerror
July 1st, 2008, 05:10 PM

Your right, it'll probably take place in the Mpls... xlolx

So, what's the deal Gardner-Webb?

Seawolf97
July 1st, 2008, 08:40 PM
Buffalo actually did relatively well last year (operative word being relatively) and finished 5-7, good for 3rd in the MAC East and one win shy of being bowl-eligible. That was without playing any I-AA's.

They will be on Long Island November 1st. The news about the Buffalo game is good for both GWU and Stonybrook. That is an instate game for us against another SUNY School. Buffalo gets two Big South schools-and Stonybrook is south of Buffalo.

Libertine
July 1st, 2008, 09:36 PM
xnonox

November, 2000: Durham, NH

G-W 38
UNH 35

UNH was ranked at the time, and it was one of the first 'big' games that Gardner-Webb played after their move up from D-2.
xsmiley_wix

I stand corrected. I thought that one was played in NC.

g-webb1994
July 1st, 2008, 10:12 PM
Is Gardner-Webb coming to SHSU in 2009 or 2010? SHSU already has NDSU, WIU and three SLC schools visiting in 2009...perhaps it's 2010?

Don't know officially Terror, but 2010 makes more sense for us, seeing that we already have road games at Buffalo and at NC State next fall on the docket, unless we think with the big paydays that we can afford only five home games.

I'm not sure if the Tennessee Tech. road game we have this season is a home and home or not, and if so, would TT come to Boiling Springs next fall. The Austin Peay home and home wraps up this year.

Another possibility that one of the Appy posters might shed some light on. I understood that G-Webb was originally going to play at Appy on August 30, and they were going to do some big celebration for Jerry Moore's twenty-year anniversary at the school, including retro jerseys, etc. Jerry's first game at App was against G-Webb in 1989, thus the supposed celebration game that was slated, but ditched when the LSU game came open. I don't know if any official contract was signed, and if so, would G-W travel up to Appy in 2009 as well to fulfill the contract.

MplsBison
July 2nd, 2008, 05:39 AM
Is that official or are you just speculating again? We haven't bought out of a game ever and if there was one to buy out of it was Mississippi Valley State last year. If I had to bet money I would say we are playing the Kats.

I too think we will go to SHSU, but not until 2010 or 2011.

There has never been anything official on going to Huntsville in 09.

TexasTerror
July 2nd, 2008, 08:49 AM
There has never been anything official on going to Huntsville in 09.

Yes there has. The IN-FORUM even put out the date when the initial deal was figured out. September 19th, 2009.

You coming down from Mpls? I know you only make the games in Minnesota, but perhaps this one is well worth it

MplsBison
July 2nd, 2008, 10:13 AM
Yes there has. The IN-FORUM even put out the date when the initial deal was figured out. September 19th, 2009.

Key word in my post was official. The forum article was anything but.

Nice try.