PDA

View Full Version : 2005 HS Grad QB's in FCS

SOCAL
June 30th, 2008, 07:30 PM
The following is a link from another prognosticator who rated the 2006 High School grads at QB who were commited to play at FCS schools---outside of Edwards at App State -----what is the verdict on these guys---if they did not R/S they are rising juniors--if they did they are sophomores for the upcoming season------pretty interesting group

http://www.terrierfans.com/viewtopic.php?p=743#743

slostang
June 30th, 2008, 07:42 PM
#8 Greg Denham will be starting this year for UC Davis as a Redshirt Sophomore. He will running an offense that returns everyone except the FB and of course the QB. Davis has one of the best WR group in the FCS. I think we will be hearing a lot about Denham the next three years.

Tribe4SF
June 30th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Thread title is wrong for the ShowingBlitz article. He was reviewing 2006 graduates.

EWashEagle
June 30th, 2008, 10:40 PM
In the HM Group, Jason Harris from EWU is switching to linebacker this year.

SOCAL
June 30th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Thread title is wrong for the ShowingBlitz article. He was reviewing 2006 graduates.

You are right

gophoenix
July 1st, 2008, 03:59 AM
The following is a link from another prognosticator who rated the 2006 High School grads at QB who were commited to play at FCS schools---outside of Edwards at App State -----what is the verdict on these guys---if they did not R/S they are rising juniors--if they did they are sophomores for the upcoming season------pretty interesting group

http://www.terrierfans.com/viewtopic.php?p=743#743

Donny Kirby is #2 at Elon. Has a good arm and good mobility, just lacks size. He may be #3 this year, not sure yet. But then who knows, Riddle could be #2 after the summer.

Tribe4SF
July 1st, 2008, 06:53 AM
Donny Kirby is #2 at Elon. Has a good arm and good mobility, just lacks size. He may be #3 this year, not sure yet. But then who knows, Riddle could be #2 after the summer.

Donny's the tallest of your QBs, so I don't know about lacking size. He transferred to Landstown HS in Va Beach for his last year, and benefitted from throwing to Percy Harvin and Damon McDaniel. He was always a pretty good prospect, but his stats looked awesome because of who he was playing with.

Ronbo
July 1st, 2008, 08:43 AM
#6 Andrew Selle is our backup to Cole Bergquist and pushed him hard this spring. He will be our starter next season. Good looking player, lot's of potential.

http://web.montanagrizzlies.com/mtgriz/images/photo_gallery_images/2007_2008/Football/Photos/vs_Southern_/andrew_selle.jpg

gophoenix
July 1st, 2008, 08:59 AM
Donny's the tallest of your QBs, so I don't know about lacking size. He transferred to Landstown HS in Va Beach for his last year, and benefitted from throwing to Percy Harvin and Damon McDaniel. He was always a pretty good prospect, but his stats looked awesome because of who he was playing with.

Not tall size, width size :)

I think his weight numbers are overstating it because he looks really thin on the field. 185 is on the low side of normal weight for a 6'3 guy in Kirby. 195 is on the higher side of normal for a 6'0 guy in Riddle.

appfan2008
July 1st, 2008, 09:04 AM
armanti sure surprised him!

catbob
July 1st, 2008, 09:19 AM
#18 Jordan Rasmussen left the team after we signed 3-star JC recruit Mark Iddins last spring, and then when Cody Kempt decided to transfer from Oregon here recently.

People thought Rasmussen and Iddins were neck and neck in spring ball, the signing of Kempt must have been the final straw for him.

AppAlum2003
July 1st, 2008, 11:47 AM
Notice that the entire top 5 all weigh over 200lbs.

*que "size doesn't matter" jokes*

Tribe4SF
July 1st, 2008, 12:39 PM
I questioned the guy who used to run ShowingBlitz about his ranking of Kelleher. I'd seen film on him, and didn't think he belonged at the top of that list. We had several pm exchanges about it. Kelleher played on the Yale JV team last year, and is now a defensive lineman.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
July 1st, 2008, 03:20 PM
I questioned the guy who used to run ShowingBlitz about his ranking of Kelleher. I'd seen film on him, and didn't think he belonged at the top of that list. We had several pm exchanges about it. Kelleher played on the Yale JV team last year, and is now a defensive lineman.

I was pretty surprised when I saw his name at the top of the list because I didn't recall him getting that much notoriety in HS. And I figured the Sled Dogs would have had more interest in him.

Wow, now a defensive lineman! xeekx xeekx xconfusedx xconfusedx

JMU2K_DukeDawg
July 1st, 2008, 04:40 PM
Drew Dudzik (#3 on the list) is still #2 in the depth chart at JMU behind Rodney Landers. He is a quality guy behind one of the best FCS QBs in the country right now. JMU will not miss a step next year at the QB position, or God forbid, this year in case of an injury.

While mobile, he does not run exactly like Rodney, nor does he have Rodney's bruising style, but he is quick and arguably a better passer than Landers.

WCU LawCat
July 1st, 2008, 05:13 PM
Joei Fiegler who signed with UTC is a JUCO player now.