PDA

View Full Version : First Major SLC Name Out for Season

TexasTerror
June 29th, 2008, 07:30 PM
and thank the heavens it's not Rhett Bomar and instead comes from Northwestern State, who will be without their starting QB Germayne Edmond, who continues to get his shoulders in order after surgery on both...

The replacement will either be Drew Branch, who saw a fair share of action last year or Louisiana-Lafayette transfer John Hundley.

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=demons-to-play-2008-without-qb-edmond&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

McNeese_beat
June 29th, 2008, 07:52 PM
I'm hearing more good things about "Hot Rod" Hundley than Branch...at least, so far.

Lionsrking
June 29th, 2008, 09:36 PM
and thank the heavens it's not Rhett Bomar and instead comes from Northwestern State, who will be without their starting QB Germayne Edmond, who continues to get his shoulders in order after surgery on both...

The replacement will either be Drew Branch, who saw a fair share of action last year or Louisiana-Lafayette transfer John Hundley.

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=demons-to-play-2008-without-qb-edmond&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

That's pretty old news, or at least has been assumed he would redshirt for months now.

Lionsrking
June 29th, 2008, 09:41 PM
I'm hearing more good things about "Hot Rod" Hundley than Branch...at least, so far.

I thought they were better with Branch in the game than Edmond anyway. Edmond gave them some athleticism and a running threat but wasn't a very good passer on any of the tapes I saw. Branch started and played solid against us.

I saw Hundley play in high school and liked him a lot at the time. I assume he'll be the guy once he settles in, but Branch is a solid backup at worst.

McNeese_beat
June 29th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Just the opinions I got from the Northwestern board seemed to favor Hundley. That's a small sample, I know, as are any message board.

katstrapper
June 30th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Terror, there is another starter out for the season in the SLC and you know who I am referring to. Just hasnt been announced.

TexasTerror
June 30th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Terror, there is another starter out for the season in the SLC and you know who I am referring to. Just hasnt been announced.

Yep, I do. Not sure when that will be announced, but good thing the school in question could a three-star transfer from a major FBS program to come in...

McNeese75
June 30th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Yep, I do. Not sure when that will be announced, but good thing the school in question could a three-star transfer from a major FBS program to come in...

xrolleyesx And just why can't one of you throw this little tidbit of speculation on the table? xconfusedx

Lionsrking
June 30th, 2008, 01:27 PM
xrolleyesx And just why can't one of you throw this little tidbit of speculation on the table? xconfusedx

I'll throw out a guess and say Poullard is done and Torian Wilkins is transferring from Arkansas...am I close Kat fans?

Retro
June 30th, 2008, 02:09 PM

Come on Gary, Don't be like those clowns at ESPN and start recycling nicknames onto those undeserved... Like when they called Pete Sampares "Pistol".. That was Pete Maravich's name, because he was a great shooter, ala pistol? Not sure if sampares ever shot anything, but that always bugged me.xnonox

TexasTerror
June 30th, 2008, 04:37 PM
I'll throw out a guess and say Poullard is done and Torian Wilkins is transferring from Arkansas...am I close Kat fans?

We're not at privilege to say...we'll leave that to your coaching staffs to figure out when they prepare the scout. xwhistlex

Keeper
June 30th, 2008, 04:40 PM

Aw c'mon already!! Who is it??

patssle
June 30th, 2008, 04:54 PM

That starter hasn't been confirmed and is not 100%.

McNeese75
June 30th, 2008, 05:10 PM
That starter hasn't been confirmed and is not 100%.

xrolleyesx Like its going to matter xrotatehx Sorry for asking xcoffeex

McNeese75
June 30th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Come on Gary, Don't be like those clowns at ESPN and start recycling nicknames onto those undeserved... Like when they called Pete Sampares "Pistol".. That was Pete Maravich's name, because he was a great shooter, ala pistol? Not sure if sampares ever shot anything, but that always bugged me.xnonox

You might want to check out the tennis stats on Mr. Sampras. He did plenty of shooting and although the nickname was obviously not original, he probably lived up to it as much or more than Maravich over his professional career.

patssle
June 30th, 2008, 05:14 PM
From something totally different...

From Bobcatfans...Dominick Maddox, a 3 star safety high school recruit, is going to Blinn because he couldn't make the grades for Texas State. He was dubbed their "gem of the 2008 recruiting class".

katstrapper
June 30th, 2008, 05:25 PM

xsmiley_wix

Lionsrking
June 30th, 2008, 06:01 PM
We're not at privilege to say...we'll leave that to your coaching staffs to figure out when they prepare the scout. xwhistlex

Like it makes a difference. xrolleyesx

Retro
June 30th, 2008, 10:34 PM
You might want to check out the tennis stats on Mr. Sampras. He did plenty of shooting and although the nickname was obviously not original, he probably lived up to it as much or more than Maravich over his professional career.

Dale, Tennis players don't shoot, they swing a racket! I know how impressive Sampares was as a player, but he is no Pistol.. Doesn't make any sense. The only reason they called him that was because of the familarity with the name PISTOL Pete from previous years relating to maravich.. Maravich even wore it on his jersey while with the Hawks.

It's just like when they called Jake Plummer, Jake the Snake.. WHY? Because it rhymed? Where's nypsy russell?xrolleyesx

The only snake was and is Kenny "The Snake" Stabler, who earned that nickname back in high school at Foley, Alabama... That one bothers me more because my dad played with Kenny at that time and hung out together in school.xreadx

I just hate when these media types attach a nickname to someone just to be cute and especially when it has no relevance to the player..xrulesx

Hood
July 5th, 2008, 08:24 AM
It's just like when they called Jake Plummer, Jake the Snake.. WHY? Because it rhymed? Where's nypsy russell?xrolleyesx

The only snake was and is Kenny "The Snake" Stabler, who earned that nickname back in high school at Foley, Alabama... That one bothers me more because my dad played with Kenny at that time and hung out together in school.xreadx

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Y2Hood/jakepleasesayno.jpg

Why deny such a role model of the Snake Nickname?