June 27th, 2008, 05:17 PM
That will buy some shoulder pads.

Congrats.

TexasTerror
June 27th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Great idea !!!

The Drive moves into 2nd gear.

http://txstatebobcats.cstv.com/genrel/062708aaa.html

And this is how you make the attendance numbers go up. This is exactly what one of the Florida SBC schools did to get their numbers up. If you gave a $___ donation, that equivalent of money equaled the equivalent of season tickets.

I dislike Texas State-San Marcos more than the next guy, but they just got a $100k donation for all recent alums (last three years) of the school to receive two complimentary season tickets for this coming football season. Good idea -- brings in recent alumni and hopefully, you can catch them on as active supporters of your program. Props to those that made this thing happen...

dbackjon
June 27th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Great donation - and the idea to engage the young alumni is brilliant.

HPCAT
June 27th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Great idea !!!

The Drive moves into 2nd gear.

http://txstatebobcats.cstv.com/genrel/062708aaa.html

Texas State Athletics Announces $100,000 Donation by Jerry and Linda Fields

Gift will provide free '08 football season tickets to recent grads

June 27, 2008

SAN MARCOS - Texas State athletics announced Friday that it has received a $100,000 donation from Jerry and Linda Fields to go toward The Drive's 2008 football season ticket goal.

The donation marks the largest single contribution toward season tickets in Bobcat athletics history and will help provide free 2008 football season tickets to recent Texas State alumni.

"This is a major step forward toward our goal," said Texas State Athletics Director Larry Teis. "We are very thankful for the Fields stepping up and hope others will do the same." ....

TexasTerror
June 27th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Ticket gas gauge is looking better for the Bobcats program. Still believe the goal was low, but it seems efforts are being made by the athletic department and the outside helpers to acheive the goal and smash it...

http://www.athletics.txstate.edu/thedrive/Images/ticketgasgauge.jpg

Question is, will the seats be filled?

BearsCountry
June 27th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Is Texas State's goal 2500 for this year?

katstrapper
June 27th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Good for them on the donation, but I think its pretty sad when someone has to donate $100k for season tickets just to get people in the seats. Good luck on your FBS pipe dream.xrolleyesx

MaximumBobcat
June 27th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Good for them on the donation, but I think its pretty sad when someone has to donate $100k for season tickets just to get people in the seats. Good luck on your FBS pipe dream.xrolleyesx

Yep, pretty sad.

I am crying all over this $100K donation. Free tickets for me and something to go tell all my friends to go pick up. xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

xrolleyesx xrolleyesx :p :p :p :p xnodx xnodx xnodx :D :D :D :D

slycat
June 27th, 2008, 06:12 PM

its remarks like this that you'll regret when y'all try and follow our move. y'all will have just as much trouble if not more trying to fill seats.

patssle
June 27th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Now they have a way to justify the fraudulent numbers they put out claiming to be attendance.

For those outside of the SLC, Texas State is known for very much bumping their numbers up. Every school does it, but they take it to another level.

slycat
June 27th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Now they have a way to justify the fraudulent numbers they put out claiming to be attendance.

For those outside of the SLC, Texas State is known for very much bumping their numbers up. Every school does it, but they take it to another level.

well now it seems the students have to scan their IDs to get in. this will make it much more accurate then people just using clickers.

TexasTerror
June 27th, 2008, 07:40 PM
well now it seems the students have to scan their IDs to get in. this will make it much more accurate then people just using clickers.

Attendance is a funny issue. Of course, the Bobcats have a new football SID, but I wonder what it was like during the previous regime (sure I can find out from a buddy of mine). There's some SID "formulas" as you will it to attendance.

Is Texas State's goal 2500 for this year?

2,500 tickets for this year. Not sure where they used to get in terms of numbers, but for comparison, McNeese is 8,000 for a goal. And we know about what AppSt and Montana do...

McNeese72
June 27th, 2008, 08:56 PM
2,500 tickets for this year. Not sure where they used to get in terms of numbers, but for comparison, McNeese is 8,000 for a goal. And we know about what AppSt and Montana do...

We also got a donation or two or three in the past year or two, also.

Bill Dore' Donation (http://mcneesesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/061008aaa.html)

Doc

katstrapper
June 28th, 2008, 01:21 AM
its remarks like this that you'll regret when y'all try and follow our move. y'all will have just as much trouble if not more trying to fill seats.

Hmm, well lets see, yall thought we were going to follow your move in changing the name of our university, DIDNT HAPPEN! And I doubt we will follow you into the Sunbelch Conference. When we get 100k or 250k, like we did two years ago, we put it to use, new fieldhouse. I dont need someone buying my tickets. I buy my own season tickets every year. Dont think we are looking for the move anytime soon.xnonox Your administrators are living in fantasy land.

TexasTerror
June 28th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Hmm, well lets see, yall thought we were going to follow your move in changing the name of our university, DIDNT HAPPEN! And I doubt we will follow you into the Sunbelch Conference. When we get 100k or 250k, like we did two years ago, we put it to use, new fieldhouse. I dont need someone buying my tickets. I buy my own season tickets every year. Dont think we are looking for the move anytime soon.xnonox Your administrators are living in fantasy land.

KatStrapper, I do not think their institution exactly wanted to be the ones who changed our name. Our institution went to bat because if one school changed their name, we were concerned that our system would join all the others who have one name for the system.

I agree that we will not follow the Bobcats into the Sun Belt. In fact, that conference doesn't particularly want them and would only give them a look if their hand was forced. Bobcats need UTSA for invite into C-USA. Bobcats are looking at the WAC and well quite frankly, they'll be more like New Mexico State than Boise State. That's going to stink for fans wanting to travel.

And their administrators are in a rough spot. It's like the name change. The President wanted to hold it off, the students forced the issue. The President did not want to jump into FBS until a few things were in place and then again, the students forced the issue. Time and time again, the President and AD get back into a corner. I do not believe they are in a fantasy land, I think they continue to get their hands forced time and time again in to a position where they have to conduct the train going off the cliff...

slycat
June 28th, 2008, 10:30 AM

cool we already have a new field house so we dont need money for that. ill buy my own season tickets too. i was just pointing out conversations ive seen about the possibility of the kats following the bobcats if they move up.

If San Marcos moves up, SHSU won't be too far behind unless the Bobcats completely blow their move up...I've said it numerous times...

I'm not interested in moving up as I am fine with actually having a program in football that can compete for national championships. Even if the Bobcats were in the SBC or a Div I Independent or whatever, I fully believe that SHSU could be competitive and beat them on a consistent basis (see McN/ULL). Again, I'd rather stay FCS in football...

TexasTerror
June 28th, 2008, 10:42 AM
cool we already have a new field house so we dont need money for that. ill buy my own season tickets too. i was just pointing out conversations ive seen about the possibility of the kats following the bobcats if they move up.

Actually, I believe it was new strength and conditioning facility...the individual that gave the money did get his name placed on the field house though...