PDA

View Full Version : Q&A With Charlie Mac (TxSo AD)

TexasTerror
June 27th, 2008, 08:58 AM
This is an individual that impresses. Says the right things, does the right things and it's just a matter of those not affiliated with the program, seeing what he can do with our own eyes. He acknowledges that wins and losses are what everyone is looking for, that "winning breeds winning" and such.

The key for Texas Southern IMO will be getting everyone in the department to believe in Charlie Mac and willing to do what it takes to make a difference at the school. No more passing the buck, no more being passive. It's time to be aggressive and go above and beyond the call of duty. That's what your AD is doing, it's time for everyone else to do the same. The new coaches seem to have the energy and enthusiasm to do it, it's the "left-overs" that may need some help in getting there.

There's no reason why a school in a major city such as Houston does not succeed. I'm looking forward to the next 2-3 years and seeing if Texas Southern can gain equal footing on the Division I level with their peers, first in the SWAC and then other mid-majors.

http://blogs.chron.com/areacolleges/2008/06/qa_with_tsu_athletic_director.html

McNeese_beat
June 27th, 2008, 09:05 AM
You tell someone from Louisiana that "Charlie Mac" is Texas Southern's AD and they'll think TSU hired a ghost...

813Jag
June 27th, 2008, 10:41 AM
You tell someone from Louisiana that "Charlie Mac" is Texas Southern's AD and they'll think TSU hired a ghost...
I always do a double take when I read that. xlolx