PDA

View Full Version : NDSU: Active and Certified

AmsterBison
June 27th, 2008, 05:42 AM
The NCAA Management Council pronounced North Dakota State an active member of Division I yesterday.

Kind of a landmark day for us North Dakota State folks. That was a LONG five years! In fact, it was more like six years because we decided to go to DI in 2002 and then waited a year to see if the rest of our conference was interested.

There have been a lot of ups and downs but it's nice to be here- especially since the FCS is even more attractive now than it was when we started down this road (due to the rule changes that make scheduling Bowl teams easier).

OL FU
June 27th, 2008, 06:25 AM
The NCAA Management Council pronounced North Dakota State an active member of Division I yesterday.

Kind of a landmark day for us North Dakota State folks. That was a LONG five years! In fact, it was more like six years because we decided to go to DI in 2002 and then waited a year to see if the rest of our conference was interested.

There have been a lot of ups and downs but it's nice to be here- especially since the FCS is even more attractive now than it was when we started down this road (due to the rule changes that make scheduling Bowl teams easier).

Congrats. and Good luckxthumbsupx

93henfan
June 27th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Yesterday was also a landmark day for me. I now "officially" hate NDSU.xlolx

I know, I know. Smack board, smack board.

Congrats Bison fans!

Gil Dobie
June 27th, 2008, 09:45 AM
For the first time in my life I'm proud...................

Sorry xoopsx ;)

Glad to be onboard with the rest of FCS xthumbsupx

dbackjon
June 27th, 2008, 09:55 AM
There goes the neighborhood.....

Congrats North Dakota State!

NDB
June 27th, 2008, 10:31 AM
For the first time in my life I'm proud...................

Sorry xoopsx ;)

Glad to be onboard with the rest of FCS xthumbsupx

xoutofrepx

phillyAPP
June 27th, 2008, 10:34 AM

Certified

Congrats

See ya in Chattanooga. lol

slostang
June 27th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Congrats to the Bison. We are going to miss you in the GWFC, but I bet we will be seeing each other in the playoffs in the coming years.

mizzoufan1
June 27th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Congratulations...Now go beat Missouri State!

SiouxFallsJack
June 27th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Congrats to the Bison and a great partner during the transition!xthumbsupx

AshevilleApp2
June 27th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Congratulations to the Bison. I've never been sure why you weren't playoff eligible for so long. Is five years standard?

lizrdgizrd
June 27th, 2008, 12:20 PM
So the Bison are now certifiable. I think we already knew that of their fans. ;)

Congrats! :D

bisonguy
June 27th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Congrats to the Bison and a great partner during the transition!xthumbsupx

Congrats to the Jacks, as well!!

SDSU was certified the same day for those that don't know.

BearsCountry
June 27th, 2008, 02:47 PM

Hey we dont need none of that. :)

skinny_uncle
June 27th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Welcome aboard, Bison. The Mo Valley is going to turn into Death Valley.

BearsCountry
June 27th, 2008, 05:42 PM

Like it wasnt already, the strong got even stronger.

swaghook
June 27th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Is five years standard?5 years is required by the NCAA.

MSUBear42
June 27th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Muck Fizzou

TheBisonator
June 27th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I'm personally waiting another 72 hours or so, but it's great to be officially in Division One!!!

MplsBison
June 27th, 2008, 07:16 PM
These congratulation threads are most certainly in order for both NDSU and SDSU!

No doubt back in 2002, all the analysis and all the talk was that both SUs was saying "don't go yet, wait it out".

But they both had the balls to get on with it then rather than later.

Congrats to both!

Thundering_Herd
June 27th, 2008, 09:18 PM

Except in this Death Valley, we drink beer, rum, whiskey and vodka to stay alive,...not water. Good luck to all in the MVFC! I'll see you all at tailgating!

BearsCountry
June 27th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Except in this Death Valley, we drink beer, rum, whiskey and vodka to stay alive,...not water. Good luck to all in the MVFC! I'll see you all at tailgating!

I figured that was in order just to survie living in North Dakota. :D I kid, I kid.

JBB
June 27th, 2008, 11:42 PM

I thought it was weed, whites and wine or maybe even one bourbon one scotch and one beer?

Ive seen it all at the tailgates but I have never seen the Mighty Land Grants as true D1 members. To think we are members of these two great conferences!

Hats off to our SDSU rivals. We stuck together and we made something of it.

Kelly Green
June 28th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Congratulations to NDSU and their fans!

onbison09
June 28th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Have 2 universities ever done the transition better?

Thundar
June 28th, 2008, 02:06 PM

I'm just as happy as every other Bison fan its finally over, BUT I think it was more Luck than skill in the Transition going as good as it did, We went at the right time with the conference shifts that took place, and I'm sure there have been 2 Universities that have had the same success or better in a transitional phase, but I'm just damn glad we are done its been a L O N G 5 years!!

TonkaBison
June 28th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to some Missouri Valley smashmouth football and being playoff eligible! Time to see some home playoff games in the FargoDome with no more regions to "enhance the playoff experience!" xmadx

dakotadan
June 28th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Congratulations to the Bison fans. NDSU definately got through the transition with alot of hard work and a little luck. xnodx

RabidRabbit
June 28th, 2008, 06:22 PM
I'm just as happy as every other Bison fan its finally over, BUT I think it was more Luck than skill in the Transition going as good as it did, We went at the right time with the conference shifts that took place, and I'm sure there have been 2 Universities that have had the same success or better in a transitional phase, but I'm just damn glad we are done its been a L O N G 5 years!!

NDSU sets transition bar to FCS in FB by becoming the ONLY FCS to beat FBS teams twice in one season, and two 10-1 seasons.

SDSU becomes the FIRST transitional team to ever qualify for a post-season game in WBB in 2006.

In our first year in the SUMMIT, we dominate the women's sports, going 1-2 in our first year, including becoming 1st team to qualify for a NCAA tourney (WVB).

SDSU & NDSU have set a bar that any two schools transitioning will hope to come any where close to matching, much less exceeding.

DSUrocks07
June 28th, 2008, 06:49 PM

xthumbsupx

Welcome to the party, first round of drinks on GreatAppSt ;)

BearsCountry
June 28th, 2008, 09:34 PM

Look at your two conference mates in MSU and UNI. Of course the rules were different back then.

SDFS
June 29th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Congrats to the Bison and best of luck in the future.