PDA

View Full Version : ASU @ JMU mentioned in USA Today

BDKJMU
June 27th, 2008, 01:43 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2008-06-26-weekly-update_N.htm

Tod
June 27th, 2008, 02:53 AM
Very cool! Good quick summation and nice that the success of ASU and JMU has helped to solidify FCS football. I only hope that mentions like this help even further.

xnodx

AppStFan76
June 27th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Any word on whether or not this game will be televised? If any FCS game should be on TV in 08', this is the one, IMO!!!

JaxSinfonian
June 27th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Any word on whether or not this game will be televised? If any FCS game should be on TV in 08', this is the one, IMO!!!

"I-AA Game of the Week" Is that a new regular feature? If so, it's a nice touch. A step in the right direction, if a small one. Too bad they couldn't use the correct name of the subdivision.

JMU DUUUKES
June 27th, 2008, 09:34 AM

Can't remember the final answer but we've hit on this a ton over on CAAZone, just thread search you'll prob find it

JMU2K_DukeDawg
June 27th, 2008, 10:50 AM
As far as TV, a month ago JMU officials were still working on it. They want it televised, but they are unwilling to change the time from a 7PM start. Thankfully our administration has come to understand how well we play at home at night. The stands should be overflowing and the atmosphere incredible. Any other time slot would not give this game the justice it deserves.

Technically, the lights at Bridgeforth may be the problem. I though we looked great on TV when CSN carried the 2006 home game vs. Delaware, but admittedly the lighting is sub-par for almost any other network. This will not be so in 2011.

Time will tell, but I think JMU is doing the right thing by trying to hold firm on its promise to keep this a night game. xthumbsupx

ericsaid
June 27th, 2008, 10:54 AM
It may be on tape delay for ESPNU in that case for maybe the next day? I hope its on t.v. i dont wanna listen to the radio for 3 and a half hours.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
June 27th, 2008, 11:01 AM
If worse comes to worse, you can always sign up for a MadiZone account and watch it online.

WARNING: MadiZone has been quite unreliable as many of us JMU fans have found out so far (1 year old system).

ericsaid
June 27th, 2008, 11:09 AM
App will have it on their video streaming online too, if its not on TV. MASN will probably pick this game up though if ESPN doesnt.

If sports south didnt pick it up then obviously there are talks of another station picking it up.

jmu_duke07
June 27th, 2008, 11:24 AM
App will have it on their video streaming online too, if its not on TV. MASN will probably pick this game up though if ESPN doesnt.

If sports south didnt pick it up then obviously there are talks of another station picking it up.

I'm not quite sure what "mid-atlantic game" is on at that time on that day, but I would be willing to bet that CN8 will pick it up... Now I'm not sure if CSS would broadcast it if there is a SEC or ACC game on at that time..

93henfan
June 27th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Technically, the lights at Bridgeforth may be the problem. I though we looked great on TV when CSN carried the 2006 home game vs. Delaware, but admittedly the lighting is sub-par for almost any other network. This will not be so in 2011.

Musco can bring in temporary lights for ESPN. That's what Delaware used to do back in the days before permanent broadcast-grade lighting at the Tub.

SoCon48
June 27th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Before some fans go barfing and crabbing at yet another ASU thread, it's worth noting that this thread was started by a knowledgeable JMU fan.

Carry on.

AppStFan76
June 28th, 2008, 07:09 AM
App will have it on their video streaming online too, if its not on TV.

I didnt think that ASU had away agmes on there stream. I couldnt make it to the Lenoir Rhyne game last year and watched it online...

Not so good.. Tons of interuptions, poor quality, and was not in sync with the David Jackson/ISP broadcast.

Hopefully it will be better this year! Oh wait hopefully I wont have to use it this year!!xsmiley_wix

catamount man
June 28th, 2008, 07:30 AM
We need ESPN 3 and it should be FCS/D2/D3 ONLY!!!!

Surely the boys in Bristol could do that for us someday.

93henfan
June 28th, 2008, 07:38 AM
We need ESPN 3 and it should be FCS/D2/D3 ONLY!!!!

Surely the boys in Bristol could do that for us someday.

I'll second that motion!xpeacex